PDA

View Full Version : Pact of the Chain Warlock Imp...

Kyoami
2016-04-13, 11:54 AM
Sorry of this has been answered but I couldn't find anything on it.

Can a PotC warlocks imp administer a potion to his or her unconscious master?

For example: I give my imp a health potion and instruct him to poor it down my throat if i become unconscious.

SharkForce
2016-04-13, 12:11 PM
Sorry of this has been answered but I couldn't find anything on it.

Can a PotC warlocks imp administer a potion to his or her unconscious master?

For example: I give my imp a health potion and instruct him to poor it down my throat if i become unconscious.

i don't see why not.

famousringo
2016-04-13, 12:41 PM
By the rules? Sure the imp can.

But it really comes down to how much you can trust an unsupervised imp, doesn't it?

Belac93
2016-04-13, 05:44 PM
But it really comes down to how much you can trust an unsupervised imp, doesn't it?

Well, they are Lawful. If you've bribed them, or their master needs you, you should be fine. Just leave them with a standing order to protect and help you if your are unconscious.

JumboWheat01
2016-04-13, 05:52 PM
Well, they are Lawful. If you've bribed them, or their master needs you, you should be fine. Just leave them with a standing order to protect and help you if your are unconscious.

Sure, you can trust it to follow your orders, but unless you specifically order it to not do a specific thing, who knows what it would do to your stuff. Or it might just have to test all the healing potions to make sure they're not poisoned. After all, don't want to kill the master, that's a no-no.

Segev
2016-04-13, 05:57 PM
I would trust the Imp to be loyal, unless I had some big story reason not to.

1) It's a class feature that doesn't say anything about being untrustworthy.
2) It's a gift from your patron, who presumably is invested in your success.
3) Without you, the Imp doesn't get to hang around here, accomplishing its or your patron's goals.

Whyrocknodie
2016-04-13, 08:25 PM
Surely if the imp wasn't keen on keeping you around, it wouldn't be your familiar.

If you can take a potion while you're unconscious, sounds like a winner! Of course, I'd say the imp would probably try and do it when it was safe to do so... as opposed to while the enemy was standing right over you.

Kyoami
2016-04-14, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I figured Imp, Pseudodragon and Sprite would be okay. A Quasit on the other hand, being chaotic/evil, might see it's master being unconscious as an opportunity for mischief.

Segev
2016-04-14, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I figured Imp, Pseudodragon and Sprite would be okay. A Quasit on the other hand, being chaotic/evil, might see it's master being unconscious as an opportunity for mischief.

"Mischief," perhaps. But not "against his master." And certainly not "at the risk of his master's health." Maybe at the risk of his master's displeasure, but even then only to an extent, because he wouldn't want his master to replace him.

rhouck
2016-04-14, 01:49 PM
I think the imp can be played either way. I think of the imp, Druzil, from the Cleric Quintet as being a good example of an imp serving... but finding ways to subvert if it disagrees with its master's goals/actions/etc. And with alignment conflicts between the typical "good" PC warlock and an imp, there is definite potential for disagreement.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-14, 01:51 PM

As above said. He's not against you