PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Ninja Turtle Magic Items

Bubzors
2016-04-13, 02:53 PM
So I run a side campaign for my normal group when everyone can't make it for the normal campaign. It's a very not serious episodic kind of thing. Whoever shows up plays. Basically they play as members of a small start up adventuring guild and take quests to try to keep their business afloat. The whole thing is chock full of tropes, jokes and stereotypes of fantasy and nerd culture.

Well last session involved a journey down into the sewers looking for a wizard who used mysterious thugs with green skin and hard brown shells on their back. Eventually after adventuring against your run of the mill sewer stuff (you know slimes, giant rats, poison creatures and the like), they found the lair of the mutant Ninja turtles and fought and killed them.

Now of course each of these 4 ninjas had a different color headbands that they were wearing and wielded the weapons you would expect. I want to make the bandannas into minor to medium magic items but am struggling with ideas and therefore reaching out to you guys for ideas. What ideas can you come up with for weird/cool/semi useful magical properties for these bandannas?

N810
2016-04-13, 03:11 PM
red headband of rage (can rage 3 time per day)
blue headband of leadership (+3 to persuasion)
orange headband of dexterity (+3 dexterity)
purple headband of intelligence (+3 intelligence)

Si's of flipping, makes enemies prone (dc 15 ST test)
+4 Katanas of dullness, -10 damage against living beings
Nunchucks of pizza summoning (3 per day)
+1Bo staff of leaping, +5' to standing jumps an ranged attacks

saeval
2016-04-13, 11:15 PM

Not Charisma, but just persuasion... I've been persuaded that you don't care for Leo.

mgshamster
2016-04-13, 11:22 PM
If you're looking for low power items, check out this random magic trinket generator. (http://lordbyng.net/inspiration/results.php)

Gurston
2016-04-14, 04:15 AM
as it is a series of light-hearted one-shots. they could be headbands that over the course of a day after being tied to the head of small animals, turn those animals into a medium sized bipedal versions of themselfs that are friendly to the person that gave them the headband.

Then they can be lower level followers of the guild that can go with the group on missions, or be sent of on other missions by the guild leader (you get a report of what the mission they attempted was and how well they did, what fees they bring back to the guilds) or be another set of characters if the players feel like playing them instead for an odd one-shot.

Bubzors
2016-04-14, 09:12 AM
If you're looking for low power items, check out this random magic trinket generator. (http://lordbyng.net/inspiration/results.php)

Wow haven't seen this before. Pretty sweet generator for stealing ideas if not whole items. Thanks for the heads up

as it is a series of light-hearted one-shots. they could be headbands that over the course of a day after being tied to the head of small animals, turn those animals into a medium sized bipedal versions of themselfs that are friendly to the person that gave them the headband.

Then they can be lower level followers of the guild that can go with the group on missions, or be sent of on other missions by the guild leader (you get a report of what the mission they attempted was and how well they did, what fees they bring back to the guilds) or be another set of characters if the players feel like playing them instead for an odd one-shot.

Now I haven't even thought of this but I love the idea. This works especially well because I was planning on them expanding the guild due to recent success. I just might have to use this

N810
2016-04-14, 09:58 AM
Not Charisma, but just persuasion... I've been persuaded that you don't care for Leo.

Doh, yea should have done Charisma instead. :smallredface:

But, yea for the sword, ever notice in the cartoon, he never cut anybody with his swords,
but absolutely destroyed tons of robots and other random stuff.

Blue Lantern
2016-04-14, 10:08 AM
red headband of rage (can rage 3 time per day)
orange headband of dexterity (+3 dexterity)
purple headband of intelligence (+3 intelligence)

Si's of flipping, makes enemies prone (dc 15 ST test)
Nunchucks of pizza summoning (3 per day)
+1Bo staff of leaping, +5' to standing jumps an ranged attacks

If we are talking 5e those are waaay over the top for minor magic items, an Ioun stone (+2 Ability) is a very rare item, +4 weapon do not even exist.

N810
2016-04-14, 10:20 AM
If we are talking 5e those are waaay over the top for minor magic items, an Ioun stone (+2 Ability) is a very rare item, +4 weapon do not even exist.
ok fine what ever just add -2 to everything then. :smallfrown:

the critic to artist rate is pretty high in this thread... :smallconfused: