PDA

View Full Version : Favorite recurring characters

rollfrenzy
2007-06-22, 12:30 PM
I was on the favorite BBEG thread, And a thought occured. There have been threads for favorite BBEG's, and threads for favorite characters, but what about the little guys? Those recurring npcs that make adventures more than just hack and slash. I know in my group there are several NPC's or NPC archetypes that pop up quite frequently and make us laugh or cringe or otherwise color our game worlds. I would love to hear about some of yours.

My personal favorite is a barkeep on (in?) Sigil. He is the proud owner of the Happy Baatzu. He is a....happy baatzu? He is a baatzu that runs a small tavern that when in sigil you just have to check out. He is nice unless you are a paladin or otherwise disturb the peace in his bar, and he is chock full of info about sigil.

ALOR
2007-06-22, 12:50 PM
Well i would have to say i have several, But the first that pops into my mind is Bannon. This character shows up in allot of games our group runs. He is usally in a leadership role. Bannon in all of his incarnations is always the guy you can trust, you don't have to worry about being betrayed when Bannon is your leader. Well at least not betrayed by him.

Tengu
2007-06-22, 01:07 PM
I have some NPCs that are basically team members that I control (and, of course, getting much less spotlight than the players, I do not want them to turn into DMPCs), but my favorite recurring NPC is probably Cid Senior - an old man, wearing brown overalls with lots of pockets chock-full of tools, with his face barely visible between a gray beard and a shapeless hat. A great inventor (steampunk world), but often forgetful, and with a lot of annoying habits - he treats everyone younger than him (and since he's very old, this basically means everyone) like little, stupid children, never gets angry, enjoys apple mousse and thinks everyone else does too, and his soft to the extreme way of speaking (he basically has no teeth) drives the players complete nuts. He's also the head of a huge family of Cids, all of them inventors or engineers.

Delaney Gale
2007-06-22, 01:08 PM
Hmm. We have two halflings that show up all the time when we need bailing out. Both adventured with my wizard previously, but they left the party to go run a crime syndicate. One's rogue/thief-acrobat/invisible blade, the other's rogue/thief-acrobat/master thrower... and they somehow manage to sneak into rooms with one door we're watching... >> and do acrobatic tricks and sit on the half-orc fighter. They're rather fun. And have provided us with connections, connections, connections.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-06-22, 02:01 PM
Oh, allow me to introduce myself... [bows]

Amphimir Míriel, Bard Extraordinaire...

[in a single breath, at rapid fire speed]

Available to perform at weddings, comings-of-age, baptisms, divorces, trials, funerals and all other types of social functions and celebrations. Epic poems, love sonnets and bawdy songs alike written by commision at very reasonable prices!

[breathes]

At your service milady... [kisses hand of the comliest female in the party]

What can I do for you?