PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there a way to add greater scrying to an alchemist's formulae list?

Levism84
2016-04-13, 09:27 PM
I was looking for a way to add scrying (greater) to an alchemist's formulae list. I know the psychonaut archetype grants scrying (as a 3rd level formulae) and a Samsaran character could use Mystic Past Life to add it from bard (as a 6th level formulae), but I was wondering if there were any other ways to do so, legally, using existing mechanics? I really want scrying (greater) for its longer duration.

avr
2016-04-13, 10:38 PM
Samsaran wouldn't work; alchemists aren't arcane casters (MPL requires the same kind of casting), or even technically casters at all. Which makes the usual methods of adding spells to your list fail too.

Short of your GM writing/allowing an occult ritual for you this isn't going to work.

untrippable
2016-04-14, 12:56 PM
Samsaran wouldn't work; alchemists aren't arcane casters (MPL requires the same kind of casting), or even technically casters at all. Which makes the usual methods of adding spells to your list fail too.

There's an alchemist discovery (Spell Knowledge) that lets you prepare and cast wizard spells, giving you a caster level.