PDA

View Full Version : Judge Dredd?

Hanuman
2016-04-14, 05:45 AM
What's the best class to play as judge dredd, or psionic parner in the recent adaptation?

3.5 / Pathfinder

NevinPL
2016-04-14, 06:36 AM
The uncompromising nature, suggest cleric of Saint Cuthbert, at least fluff vise. A LN Paladin ? Soulborn ?

hamishspence
2016-04-14, 06:38 AM
Or you could find a copy of the D20 Judge Dredd game and import the Judge class itself.

Azoth
2016-04-14, 06:49 AM
You could always use a Ranger Dip to snag the variant from Cityscape that trades Favored Enemy for a Rival Organization.

Other than that, really a lot of what makes Dredd a standout character is his gear and his personality. Honestly, from a mechanical nature he doesn't have a lot of over the top abilities or signature techniques that one can represent.

Don't get me wrong, Dredd is a certified Badass Normal, but he doesn't really do anything beyond normal means.

I might do something involving Zhentarim Fighter for some solid Intimidate prowess, but nothing else jumps to mind.

RoyVG
2016-04-14, 09:59 AM
Paladin5/Gray Guard10/Fist of Raziel5, with the Charging Smite alternative class feature. Nothing says I AM THE LAW like 3 times your class level to damage. Gray Guard gets you the 'end justify the means' free card. Fist of Raziel for more smites.

A Ranger with Favored Enemy (Criminals) :smallbiggrin:?

Malimar
2016-04-14, 10:41 AM
I don't know much about Judge Dredd, but my first thought is Pathfinder's Inquisitor.

Krazzman
2016-04-14, 11:55 AM
For Pathfinder:
Either an Inquisitor with Black Powder Inquisition or a Paladin with the (horrendous) Gun Archetype.

A dex focused Inquisitor should be better though since Dredd is quite the Acrobat in the comics (as far as I read). Paladin would probably fit more the new Dredd.
To sum up:
Comics: Inquisitor as most likely, maybe with dips.
Judge Dredd: Gunslinger/Ranger (or slayer).
Dredd: Holy Gun (Paladin Archetype).

For 3.5... no clue.

Gildedragon
2016-04-14, 12:49 PM
Urban Ranger.
Swap out animal companion for Solitary Hunting (Dragon 347)

Elder_Basilisk
2016-04-14, 01:14 PM
Gunslinger would be an obvious choice in pathfinder.

A lot depends on what element of Judge Dredd you're trying to capture. Inquisitor, Grey Guard Paladin, St. Cuthbert warpriest, etc can all capture some of the fanatical, inflexible personality, but nothing says that you can't keep that personality on any other class. (Well it might not work so well on a bard, but that's about it). Gunslinger has the right weaponry, so if you want to point a gun at someone like Judge Dredd then that's the way to go.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-14, 01:20 PM
I'd say Inquisitor, or if you want to take on the more "Punish the evil" side you could pick up the Nightguard paladin archetype from DSP's Lords of the Night.

MilleniaAntares
2016-04-14, 06:12 PM
Just take levels in DSP's Judge archetype and Dread class.

Thurbane
2016-04-14, 10:57 PM
Paladin/Grey Guard, emphasis on Intimidate (Never Outnumbered, Imperious Command etc.).

In 3.5, the Lawgiver is a problem. I believe PF has a firearm based class that might help.

Otherwise you're stuck with a Hand Crossbow with a lot of enhancements, or black powder weapons from DMG.

The Lawmaster might be a Clockwork Steed with a bunch of add-ons.