PDA

View Full Version : Computer Dragon age 2, DLC FUBAR, why isn't it working properly anymore?

dehro
2016-04-14, 10:45 AM
so.. I decided to play Dragon Age: inquisition...
Leading up to that, I also got the PC version of Dragon Age 2, which I acquired together with the Black Emporium DLC, which was the only DLC listed on Origin.
I know, it's a stupid move, since I already had it on the Xbox back when it came out (then the house was burglarised and xbox and games were stolen..), so I already know that the game is rather sub-par, compared to DAO. Even so..
I've played through the first installment and acquired the family estate for dear mother to move back into.
Yesterday, since I'm a Felicia Day fan, I decided to treat myself to all of the other DLCs, including Mark of the Assassin and the other DLC adventures.
I've bought them on the Bioware website/store thing, since they seem to be unavailable on the Origin store proper.. and then Origin proceeded to install them automatically.
the installation seems to have gone just fine. my PC runs on windows 10 and I'm pretty sure it meets all the necessary prerequisites.
Now, I've tried to play both Mark of the Assassin and Legacy. In both cases, the voices and the talking animations (mouths, faces and so on) don't work. I hear background noises, but that's all. I guess I'm lucky in that the Italian subtitles still work so I am not actually missing any sensitive in game info.
The voices on the main game seem to work just fine.

There is however yet another problem: since I installed the DLCs, it has become impossible to select multiple characters during active gameplay, both in the DLCs AND the main game. Whenever I click CTRL+A or select multiple characters by holding SHIFT as I click on their portraits, the companions don't get selected, and the game POV switches to Hawke. the only way to select multiple characters is to select the companions on the screen by selecting an area.. which is not always doable when they are spread out beyond the screen.

now.. how do I fix these two issues? I mainly bought the Mark of the Assassin DLC because of Felicia Day and not hearing her voice makes it rather pointless.. From a gaming pov, the other bug is even worse.. how do I make CTRL+A or multi-character selection work again??

any help will be appreciated
no, I don't have the skills to go open files and rewrite them... please advise if there are noob-friendly work-arounds for these issues.

thank you.

Divayth Fyr
2016-04-14, 11:06 AM
Don't know about the second thing, but for the first one, try downloading the dlcs from Bioware Social Network (https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php) (click the"More info" button next to the ones you want) and installing them manually - worked for me.

Psyren
2016-04-14, 01:56 PM
Have you tried asking on the Bioware forums? You'll get more people there who have played DA2 than here and possibly even dev/CM help, and thus more chances of someone having seen this particular bug and knowing what to do.

dehro
2016-04-14, 02:45 PM
Don't know about the second thing, but for the first one, try downloading the dlcs from Bioware Social Network (https://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php) (click the"More info" button next to the ones you want) and installing them manually - worked for me.
apparently the second thing fixed itself when I rebooted my PC.
so.. I should just download and install them on top of the other, or should I uninstall the "origin source" ones first?
there's also the issue that the copies downloaded from bioware instead of through Origin, for some reason, don't seem able to find "dragon age 2"..which appears not to be installed, according to them, that is... it may be that the DLC downloads are searching for the game in the wrong folder, but that complicates matters further

Have you tried asking on the Bioware forums? You'll get more people there who have played DA2 than here and possibly even dev/CM help, and thus more chances of someone having seen this particular bug and knowing what to do.

I have had a look.. the first issue seems to be a fairly common problem, which has been solved by a number of people in different ways, whereas some people seem to have given up because none of those ways worked for them.. it's a pickle.

Psyren
2016-04-14, 03:02 PM
I have had a look.. the first issue seems to be a fairly common problem, which has been solved by a number of people in different ways, whereas some people seem to have given up because none of those ways worked for them.. it's a pickle.

Sounds like you have nothing to lose!