PDA

View Full Version : Help with a home brew class

Belzyk
2016-04-14, 02:39 PM
OK so I'm doing a low magic world. As in low magic I mean this world only has a select few casters who are emissaries of the gods(who are all just appearing in the world). The reason all this is happening is because a kingdom from the far far far side of the multiverse has recently appeared out of thin air and has forced the gods to speed up the evolution of the games universe. But these casters are going to be a home brew class. Its an elementalist. Water magic will be cold and cure spells. Fire will be itself damage. Wind will be buffs invisibility and stuff like that also electric. And earth will also be damage and sonic spells. I'm just unsure as how to build the progression. Could someone help out. Also I'll be just refluffing spells to fit the elemental style.

ComaVision
2016-04-14, 03:24 PM
Sure, I've got it.

Take the Wu Jen class and... you're done!

Belzyk
2016-04-14, 04:28 PM
Is that from Oriental adventures? I've never actually looked in that book

ComaVision
2016-04-14, 04:29 PM
Is that from Oriental adventures? I've never actually looked in that book

For 3.0 it was, it was updated to 3.5 in Complete Arcane.

Belzyk
2016-04-14, 04:35 PM
For 3.0 it was, it was updated to 3.5 in Complete Arcane.

Ohhh that's right I remember it now. Well does their spells work like I'm looking for?

ComaVision
2016-04-14, 04:38 PM
Ohhh that's right I remember it now. Well does their spells work like I'm looking for?

You could just read the class but...

Many of the wu jen's spells are divided into five elemental groups: earth, fire, metal, water, and wood.

So you'd need to make a new elemental group for Air but that seems a lot easier than making a whole new class. Water is healing, fire is damage, like you suggested.

Gildedragon
2016-04-14, 04:55 PM
The shugenja (C Divine) is elemental with the 4 classics: wet, burny, dusty, breezy

Belzyk
2016-04-14, 04:59 PM
Oh mah pun-pun thank yaw I'd have done it the hard way if yaw hadn't said anything