PDA

View Full Version : Canon vs Fanon help thread? (Miraculous Ladybug for OP)

Durkoala
2016-04-14, 07:04 PM
As you may have noticed, we're all a bunch of nerds. :smalltongue:
We like strange things, we like thinking up crazy theories about those strange things and we really like talking about them with like-mind people. Some of us like to write fanfiction about these things, and sometimes an original idea can run through a fandom like wildfire and be widely accepted and taken as canon, despite the creators saying nothing of the sort.
----------------------------------------------------------

I recently fell into the Miraculous Ladybug series, a CG model animated show set in Paris that is part school romance, part superhero and part magical girl series. I love it, can't wait for the next series, and have turned to the fanfiction and fanart to help me bide my time.

And I've noticed that there's a nearly ubiquitous theme of the heroes patrolling the city at night, but I'm also sure that this is something that has never appeared in the actual episodes. Does anybody here know if this patrol idea comes from the creators or the episodes, or if it's been entirely spun from fanfics?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, if anybody else has any questions regarding Canon vs Fanon in any media, feel free to post them here for the Playground's scrutiny. I hate seeing threads go to waste.