PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What should I place for my PCs?

Togath
2016-04-14, 07:40 PM
So it turns out... Having extra party members, and a non-standard party tends to make a lot of loot in premade adventures less than exciting:smalltongue:.
I figured I might as well see if anyone here had some helpful advice for what I might be able to add/change to help my party actually stay close-ish to WBL on their trip from level 2 to level 5(the length of the current arc).
We have a dex-based melee occultist, who likes elven stuff. A good cleric who once served as a lawyer. A lashunta investigator specializing in spears and smithing. A kitsune psychic, with a utility and telekinisis focus. And a dhampir monk(unchained) from a family family of vampiric nobles(who were, "regrettably", hunted down and mostly exterminated by townsfolk).

Now, there's a few obvious things I could slip in, like an amulet of mighty fists, rings of protection, or a pearl of power/runestone of power/boro bead, but I'm looking for less obvious options as well.
(if it matters, undead, evil fey, shapechangers, and constructs are all common creature types)

Geddy2112
2016-04-14, 10:40 PM
For the enemy types, cold iron and silver/mithral weapons would be good. Mithral is a bit much, but cold iron and silver are cheap to add to a weapon. Utility scrolls and wands are always nice and won't break your WBL bank. If they get used up, then they no longer count for WBL. Sleeves of many garmets and travelers-any tool are great loot items that are cheap. Masterwork versions of their current weapons/ armor.

Also consider small utility trinkets or just nice things the PC's might like instead of bulk gold. A cool elven cup worth 300gp(when sold) is way better than 300gp. Get the cleric a holy symbol of their god made of a precious metal, covered in rubies, etc.

Togath
2016-04-15, 08:04 AM
All good ideas~
Any thoughts for what sort of gold-substitute stuff I might be able to place in an abandoned prison?
It was also recently home to a group of necromancers...
Maybe one perished to the dangers inside, and carries some stuff?

Geddy2112
2016-04-15, 08:39 AM
Most of your create/animate dead spells require onxy gems of 25gp or more as a material component. Scatter a few about, or load the necromancers body with em. Really though, a necromancer is going to be some form of caster and is an NPC corpse, so you can have some standard magical items and various adventuring treasure on the body or bodies. It is a bit morbid, but instead of gold coins there could be gold teeth of prisoners that the necromancers took from the bodies, or perhaps left them in...

You can have locks of important cells made from mithral, or cold iron bars. Since you have a smith in the group, giving them enough raw metal to make a weapon or 2 lets them use their skills and still gives the party weapons.

Gildedragon
2016-04-15, 12:08 PM
In the home brew section there is a growing list of magical trinkets under 1000 gp in cost. Take a gander and see if you like any of their effects.

A necklace of pearls (normal ones that can be used to identify and pearls of power.
A minor schema of a cantrip.
Broken magic items/weapons that can be fixed via rituals (ie for later leveling up); the weapon itself is wholly whole though and works as a mwrk weapon, with maybe a minor effect on a natural 20; or missing a vital part (spearheads and arrowheads sans shafts)

As for prision specific items:
Shackles and locks and keys made of specific metals (some of thianium probably)
Couple of minor schemas or eternal wands of weakening or immobilizing spells or truthifying spells (mind reading, Circle of truth) or for boosting CL
Confiscated items, such as a shivwand of knock
Contraband potions
Sustaining spoons
Spell-supressing shackles
Artificer monocle to check prision belongings for magic
Dice, loaded
An armory with subdual weapons
An alchemical lab

Necromancerwise:
Powdered onyx
Powdered gemstones
Powdered silver