PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] I Want Your Soul

Thurbane
2016-04-14, 11:06 PM
Hey all,

Looking to build a monster/NPC based on Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy" video clip.

Here's what I need:

CR 8-11 or so.
Ability to eat or drain souls.
Humanoid in general appearance/shape, but can be a giant, fey etc. Medium-large.
Has a squad of creepy children (I'd swap them out for Halflings) followers.
Any fear or sonic based attacks a bonus.

I'm thinking Spellwarped Primordial Forest Giant X/Soul Eater X so far...

Cheers - T

Gildedragon
2016-04-14, 11:25 PM
The Grey Jester might be right.
Sonic attack: Yeap, you laugh and they steal your soul
Hordes of Creepy Children: Ayup! The Bleak Ones
Humanoid Shaped: yes, like a clown
Soul stealing: yes... technically steals emotions but it leaves a shambling husk so potatoe, potatoh
edit: Grey Jesters are CR 4
boost them with a couple levels in Bard perhaps, make his Laughter effects more powerful? Maybe levels in Dread Witch?

Thurbane
2016-04-15, 12:51 AM
The Grey Jester might be right.
Sonic attack: Yeap, you laugh and they steal your soul
Hordes of Creepy Children: Ayup! The Bleak Ones
Humanoid Shaped: yes, like a clown
Soul stealing: yes... technically steals emotions but it leaves a shambling husk so potatoe, potatoh
edit: Grey Jesters are CR 4
boost them with a couple levels in Bard perhaps, make his Laughter effects more powerful? Maybe levels in Dread Witch?

This definitely has potential!

SangoProduction
2016-04-15, 10:31 AM

Or just give him Hideous Laughter as a spell-like ability to avoid needing more than necessary. Or turn it in to a sound-based Su or Ex to make it harder to deal with.

Gildedragon
2016-04-15, 10:39 AM
Or just give him Hideous Laughter as a spell-like ability to avoid needing more than necessary. Or turn it in to a sound-based Su or Ex to make it harder to deal with.

They already have Hideous Laughter as a touch attack... Which sounds and plays messed up; "the evil clown tickles you with his scepter" doesn't go down well
levels in sorc or bard and dread witch boost the fae's HD and threat level

SangoProduction
2016-04-15, 11:58 AM
They already have Hideous Laughter as a touch attack... Which sounds and plays messed up; "the evil clown tickles you with his scepter" doesn't go down well
levels in sorc or bard and dread witch boost the fae's HD and threat level

Ah, didn't know that.

Thurbane
2016-04-15, 04:01 PM
Maybe Grey Jester Sorcerer X/Soul Eater X. Taking the Infernal Sorcerer Howl feat.