PDA

View Full Version : DCFS and in-battle healer cleric..

animewatcha
2016-04-15, 01:41 AM
How much is it to do Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle by another caster for each feat?

No exalted. No Vile. No ToB. Might be able to swing Dragonlance campaign setting the book for reserves of Strength ( big maybe ). LA buyoff is a no. Might be able to swing bloodline levels ( raised skill max etc. Multiclass penalty is in effect. Dragon mag is a go on most aspects ( DM only has like 330+ so customize domain is an iffy ). Dragon compendium is a yes.

pretty much a multiclass bard ( healing hymn ) 1+/ cleric / prestige class A / B / C / Etc.

Group is not used to me being divine character. I'm not used to divine character so not sticking too much on the optimized ( mainly just barely enough to live longer vs bog down battles with mechanics everywhere ). Idea was rocking healing hymn while in battle heal to do like close wounds spell that heals for 1d4 + 50 hitpoints. Doubt party knows about caster level limit errata for healing hymn ( dumb as **** if you ask me ) and I'm not gonna bring it up.
What feats help with healing school in general on bonuses per die and per spell level? I know augment healing. Magic of the land. Divine inspiration. WHat else is there?
What prestige classes and/or acf help with this?
IF DCFS is not too costly, may swing minimum bard level / cleric to swap out elf racial bonus feats for things like Extra turning or something.

A few divine spells each day will be spent to buff myself like superior resistance and sacred vestment.

Troacctid
2016-04-15, 03:09 AM
5200 gp per swap, and you have to find a caster willing to do it, which you can only be reasonably assured of if you travel to a full-fledged metropolis. Even then, it's not guaranteed, since that only helps you find a spellcaster of high enough level. Wizards still might not have it in their spellbooks, and clerics might be unable to cast it due to alignment restrictions.

ApologyFestival
2016-04-15, 04:05 AM
If you just want a number and don't care about the fairly iffy nature of this: it's 2,450 gp per spell, so 4,900 gp per shuffle. That is assuming each spell is cast at a caster level of 15.

Group is not used to me being divine character. I'm not used to divine character so not sticking too much on the optimized ( mainly just barely enough to live longer vs bog down battles with mechanics everywhere ). Idea was rocking healing hymn while in battle heal to do like close wounds spell that heals for 1d4 + 50 hitpoints.
Don't know where you're getting 1d4+50 for close wounds. Healing Hymn adds your ranks in a perform skill to conjuration (healing) dice rolls, which in normal play will be limited to character level+3. Even bloodline levels and an item familiar will fall short of getting that many ranks. But hey, I don't suppose this matters because...

Doubt party knows about caster level limit errata for healing hymn ( dumb as **** if you ask me ) and I'm not gonna bring it up.
Cool. You're cheating. Don't be precious about it—you know that an ability you wanted to use has been changed and you're going to lie by omission to make sure it does what you want, rather than what it actually does. Tell your DM and the other players that the ability got changed and you would really like it in its original form. They might say no, they might let you have what you want. At least that's honest.

Given that, and since dark chaos shuffling away elven and class proficiencies is more of a theoretical exercise than an actual thing you would expect anyone to have the audacity to pull in a game—without the DM's explicit permission for everyone at the table to do so—I get the impression that you're trying to pull a fast one on your DM, which is very much not cool.

There is a massive assumption made in Troacctid stating that you'll have little trouble finding an NPC willing to cast it in a metropolis since, again, the dark chaos shuffle isn't something you bring to your typical gaming table and misuse (or maybe even use, period) of the spell may invoke the wrath of some deity or another. Otherwise, you know, everyone is doing it. At 5,000 gp a shot it is an absolute bargain. It's in the DM's court. They are not obligated to make spells available.

Furthermore, if a spell has dangerous consequences (such as contact other plane), the spellcaster will certainly require proof that you can and will pay for dealing with any such consequences (that is, assuming that the spellcaster even agrees to cast such a spell, which isn’t certain).

Because you must get an actual spellcaster to cast a spell for you and can’t rely on a neutral broker, money is not always sufficient to get a spell cast. If the spellcaster is opposed to you on religious, moral, or political grounds, you may not be able to get the spell you want for any price. The DM always sets the final price of any spellcasting you want to purchase.

Troacctid
2016-04-15, 12:58 PM
I see typical clerics being willing to cast one, but not the other. "Yes, yes! Embrace the chaos of the Abyss! All hail my masters, the demon lords! Mwahahaha! ...Wait, what do you mean you changed your mind? GTFO."