PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Looking for a tool for a sandboxy/megadungeon scenario

DrMartin
2016-04-15, 10:00 AM
Hello dear Forum

I'd like to draw from the collective well of Playgrounder knowledge.

I'm looking for an article from a gaming blog I've read an unspecified amount of time ago. The whole thing was named by the author something like the Meatgrinder or some similarly evocative name. I remember it being an interesting piece of work and I'd like to re-read it, since it can possibly be put to use in a new campaign I'm working on.

It was a rather complex piece of work describing a system to handle a megadungeon scenario, suggesting a way to give stats to the different factions inhabiting the area, detailing their strengths and affiliations, and providing mechanics on how to deal with "out of screen" events like said factions replenishing their numbers over time, or having fights with each other, etc.

If i remember correctly, but i'm not really sure about it, the example given in the article was about the ruins of a temple complex, with one of the factions being a Lich or some other kind of evil spellcaster.

Does any of this ring a bell? My google-fu is failing me quite badly