PDA

View Full Version : Love & Rockets

FdL
2007-06-22, 05:13 PM
Any fans of Love & Rockets here? I'm barely getting into it, but I sooo love this comic. The art is excelent, I love that style. And the writing is so refreshingly different to what one would expect from a comic.

Obviously this comic was a major influence for other comic I like a lot, Strangers In Paradise. But this is bigger, a bolder artistic statement. A literary achievement, nonetheless. An essential body of work.

Hushdawg
2007-06-22, 08:09 PM
Any fans of Love & Rockets here? I'm barely getting into it, but I sooo love this comic. The art is excelent, I love that style. And the writing is so refreshingly different to what one would expect from a comic.

Obviously this comic was a major influence for other comic I like a lot, Strangers In Paradise. But this is bigger, a bolder artistic statement. A literary achievement, nonetheless. An essential body of work.

not familiar with the comic... but I love the band! :D

Invisible Queen
2007-06-25, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I like to check out the enormous brick collection "Locas" from the local library and read it every couple of months. Those crazy girls are probably the most genuine, believable characters I've ever seen.

FdL
2007-06-25, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I like to check out the enormous brick collection "Locas" from the local library and read it every couple of months. Those crazy girls are probably the most genuine, believable characters I've ever seen.

Yeahh! They are people. I mean, the characters have been growing up and evolving, and the way the comics are written it's like every little detail adds depth to them.

This is soooo worth reading that it should be mandatory.

Strengfellow
2007-08-13, 09:23 AM
Love and Rockets is one of my favourite comics ever coming in just ahead of Hewligans Hair Cut and just behind The Ballad of Halo Jones.

horseboy
2007-08-14, 12:31 AM
Yeahh! They are people. I mean, the characters have been growing up and evolving, and the way the comics are written it's like every little detail adds depth to them.

This is soooo worth reading that it should be mandatory.

They're still going? Crap, I need a better comic store. :smallfrown:

Faramir
2007-09-11, 02:19 PM
They're still going? Crap, I need a better comic store. :smallfrown:

That was my reaction too. When the comic "ended" it was the last one I was buying regularly.