PDA

View Full Version : Is this overdoing it?

Spacehamster
2016-04-16, 05:31 AM
Making a legolas style longbow wielding mc build and just curious on the general opinion on perception + expertise + observant, want him to be the party go to scout / enemy removal service so don't want him to miss anything be it an ambush or some important detail. :)

Do not have expertise yet(getting it when I get level 7 and MC into rogue) but if I had both right now at level 6 it would leave my passive perception at 10 + 4(WIS) + 6(prof + expertise) + 5(observant) = 25 passive perception, pretty damn insane.

SMac8988
2016-04-16, 06:56 AM
I'm actually ding the same thing in a current character, just going beast master/rogue. It seems really awesome, and helpful to the group.

I know in April they just released a new subclass for rogue which makes them even better scouts

MBControl
2016-04-16, 11:18 AM
I've always liked the Alert feat as a scout. The ability to scout ahead, trigger an ambush and have a high chance to act first to either attack first or retreat is efficeint way to to preform your scoutly duties.

Roughishguy86
2016-04-16, 11:29 AM
Pretty much exactly how i would build it.

Spacehamster
2016-04-16, 01:33 PM
I've always liked the Alert feat as a scout. The ability to scout ahead, trigger an ambush and have a high chance to act first to either attack first or retreat is efficeint way to to preform your scoutly duties.

Yep already got Sharpshooter feat and Alert(will also be amazing once I unlock assassinate at rogue 3(PC lvl 9) pretty much always will attack with advantage first round of combat then), Observant will be next feat. :)

Hrugner
2016-04-16, 02:44 PM
I'm jealous that you use passive perception enough to make that feat worthwhile. I wouldn't say it's over doing it though, if you're hitting rogue for assassin, then every point of perception and stealth matters.