PDA

View Full Version : Druid Gestalt

Nosta
2016-04-16, 04:03 PM
so my GM is having me build some of my family as Npc for my character
and I am building the first generation leader of my noble house.

I am thinking Druid for 18 levels on the one side but i'm not sure what to do on the other side.
I was thinking DFA but i'm not sure

I need this character to be able to take on cr 19-20 monsters with little trouble

I was thinking Druid: DFA cause my GM would allow me to use the breath attacks well in wildshape
but i'm not sure if I could get a stronger combo

cleric is out as there is no divine magic in this story

She needs to a least teir 2 prefer her to be tier 1 in power

Gildedragon
2016-04-16, 04:04 PM
No divine magic? Then how druid?
Druid/Barbarian? Druid/Totemist?

eggynack
2016-04-16, 04:06 PM
I have a bunch of options listed in my sigged handbook, in the variants section. Doesn't have all plausible gestalt choices, but it should act as a good start.

Edit: Also, I might wanna add DFA. The breath weapon thing is annoying, but auras are cool.

Draconium
2016-04-16, 04:11 PM
I tend to find that, while not the most optimal option, Fighter is not that bad of a choice in gestalt if used with a class that normally doesn't front-line. Boosts your BAB, Fort save (though not for a Druid), and HD, and gives you a nice amount of bonus feats to play with. Obviously, there are a lot more options out there that can provide you with more power, but I'd still at least consider the humble Fighter.

Nifft
2016-04-16, 04:17 PM
I need this character to be able to take on cr 19-20 monsters with little trouble An optimized Druid 18 could do that with nothing on the other side so you're covered in that regard.

Seriously, a Druid 18 has access to Shapechange.

I was thinking Druid: DFA cause my GM would allow me to use the breath attacks well in wildshape
but i'm not sure if I could get a stronger combo

cleric is out as there is no divine magic in this story

She needs to a least teir 2 prefer her to be tier 1 in power DFA is a fine choice. Gives you some sustained area damage and sweeps up swarms.

If you want raw damage, maybe consider Rogue or Scout. Both of them give you bonus damage dice that synergize nicely with Pounce, both give you Evasion, both grant a ton of useful skill points, and both shore up your poor Reflex save.

Monk or Swordsage are both nice choices that give you Wisdom to AC (though go unarmed variant Swordsage if your DM doesn't allow the base Swordsage AC buff to work without Light armor). Swordsage gives you an at-will fire cone which does some of what DFA does, plus you have all the other Maneuvers to help you go kung-fu panda on the butts of evil.

Totemist is really cool, if you're down for learning the system.

Binder is really cool, if you're down for learning the system.

Psychic Warrior is really cool, if you're down for learning the system.

Ortesk
2016-04-16, 04:22 PM
Druid 5/Planar Shephard 10/Druid 3//Monk 15/Fist of the Forest 3 (All good saves, wisdom to AC, Con to AC)

I think that you should find a reason why he hasn't taken over the world though. That is a good start

Nosta
2016-04-16, 04:38 PM
No divine magic? Then how druid?
Druid/Barbarian? Druid/Totemist?

eh I forgot druid was divine but the gm oked druid

Barbarian dose not sound half bad totemist is out as my gm dose not understand the icarum classes sadly

eggynack
2016-04-16, 05:41 PM
I don't really get the barbarian//druid thing. I've seen it quite a bit, and it seems kinda asynergistic. Like, you're adding on this second active side, and that active side is giving you rage which interacts poorly with your spells, maybe fast movement which interacts poorly with your non-land speeds, probably actually pounce which interacts poorly with all the pounce a lot of your combat forms get, probably improved trip which maxes out at just alright, and a bunch of really mediocre abilities if you decide to do more than a dip. I guess there's some nature crossover flavor there, but it doesn't seem like what a druid wants to be doing. I'd rather be tossing on something ToB or something if I wanted some melee potency. Least then I'd get some passive stance action, alongside the potential for some tactical teleportation if I use unarmed swordsage, or something similarly cool with the other classes.

Cosi
2016-04-16, 05:51 PM
Druid 5/Planar Shephard 10/Druid 3//Monk 15/Fist of the Forest 3 (All good saves, wisdom to AC, Con to AC)

There's zero reason to sink 15 levels into Monk. If you want all good saves and WIS to AC, play a Druid//Rogue and buy a Monk's Belt. You also get some bonus feats (which can totally be Epic feats, like Epic Spellcasting or Automatic Quicken Spell).

I personally disagree with the general wisdom that Caster//Caster Gestalts are bad. A Wizard is as good as anyone at action economy, passive abilities, or whatever else you want out of Gestalt. If you don't want to double dip casters, Rogue is pretty good. You get all good saves, more skill points, sneak attack, evasion, and three bonus feats. You could do a lot worse for yourself.

MasterFu
2016-04-16, 11:43 PM
Maybe monk? You'll get good unarmored AC, evasion, good saves, wis to AC, and ludicrously high damage. This guide is for a non-gestalt build ("Way of the Angry Bear"), but should still be useful:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bu5RkMqNkZR1hpQjNfcDNsUEU/view?pref=2&pli=1

Pluto!
2016-04-17, 12:20 AM
Factotum is the best Gestalt for any powerful class at level 8 or higher, regardless of whether you have a sapient-range intelligence score.

I also like Incarnate, but it's real dorky.