PDA

View Full Version : Harrow Based Caster

HappyMerecat
2016-04-16, 04:27 PM
I am looking to build a Harrow based caster. I am looking for race, traits, feats, archetypes that tie in as much to the Harrow deck as possible.
Suggestions?

BayardSPSR
2016-04-16, 08:19 PM
I am looking to build a Harrow based caster. I am looking for race, traits, feats, archetypes that tie in as much to the Harrow deck as possible.
Suggestions?

What system is that? It might be a good idea to post this in the relevant sub-board, if there is one.

HappyMerecat
2016-04-16, 08:35 PM
Ah, sorry. I'll do that. I was speaking of pathfinder.

SZbNAhL
2016-04-18, 07:33 AM
I've never built a Harrow-based caster, but I did a Hillingdon-based one once. Would that help?

HappyMerecat
2016-04-18, 10:27 AM
I've never built a Harrow-based caster, but I did a Hillingdon-based one once. Would that help?

What is Hillingdon?

SZbNAhL
2016-04-18, 04:50 PM
What is Hillingdon?

An area bordering Harrow. I just saw the opportunity for a terrible pun and took it.

Silus
2016-04-18, 04:57 PM
Suggestions?

Now I'm assuming you're looking at going the Harrower Prestige class route, as that's the most Harrow based as you can get.

Personally I favor a bog standard Bard when going Harrower, but that's just me. For you, look into the Card Caster Magus or the Cartomancer Witch. Both center around Harrow Decks and I THINK can get you up into the Harrower prestige class.

Personally, I'd say go with the Cartomancer as it's generally less feat intensive than the Magus and you're only really losing out on Hexes which can be replaced as needed with the Extra Hex feat. As you're gonna be throwing cards, for the first few Witch levels where you won't need Extra hex feats, go with feats that benefit throwing weapons like Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot.

As for race, Elves make good witches with their +Dex and +Int, though Human is always a good choice for the extra feat.