PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Is there a way to gain witch's slumber hex and alchemist bombs without multiclassing?

Levism84
2016-04-16, 04:31 PM
I was interested to see if there was a way to pick up the Witch's slumber hex and the Alchemist's bombs without resorting to multiclassing. I know variant multiclassing can allow an alchemist to gain a limited version of the slumber hex, but I didn't know if there were other options available? Specifically, I am looking for the mechanical combo of a dispelling cytillesh bomb with a sleep hex followup to render targets unconscious and unable to form new memories for 8 hours (and forget the last hour) without causing damage; all with a single Fortitude save and a single Will save.

Thinking about it, maybe I could just research a spell...

Anyway, didn't know if anyone had an easier way of achieving this or a more surefire way to eliminating targets without resorting to killing.

Petrukio
2016-04-17, 05:18 PM
Probably not. Class abilities are generally not things easy to replicate, and I believe that's on purpose.

That said, you could probably create a magic item that does something similar. The witch's slumber hex acts as the sleep spell. You could create a wand of sleep (50 charges, 750gp at CL 1), a wand of deep slumber (11,250gp at CL 5), a wand of mythic deep slumber (the same price, plus whatever the mythic crafter might charge).

Geddy2112
2016-04-17, 06:03 PM
It would be better to variant multiclass alchemist than variant muticlass witch for the stronger hex. VMC alchemist gives bombs at level 7. You could then just use an extra discovery feat to get the cytillesh bomb.

Also FYI, Shaman's can get access to the slumber hex as well, but they don't have any way to get bombs without VMC, and they are wis based...

RedMetal
2016-04-17, 11:35 PM
It would be better to variant multiclass alchemist than variant muticlass witch for the stronger hex. VMC alchemist gives bombs at level 7. You could then just use an extra discovery feat to get the cytillesh bomb.

Also FYI, Shaman's can get access to the slumber hex as well, but they don't have any way to get bombs without VMC, and they are wis based...

That doesn't work. Extra Discovery requires you to already have the Discovery class feature, and VMC Alchemist doesn't grant you any discoveries.