PDA

View Full Version : Plane of Apathy

Efrate
2016-04-17, 09:14 AM
So I have a fairly high le vel dungeon I am designing as DM to be a series of "rooms" connected only via semi-random portals that spans a multitude of planes and demiplanes for my party, and I wanted to run at least one encounter in the Plane of Apathy. I remember a premade adventure from somewhere that had a ton of details and it was awesome and would like to reference it if I can but its one of those things that I browsed through ages ago in 3.0 at my local shop but didn't get to dig in deep.

It wasn't Hades, it was more insidious. People lost all hope but instead of becoming petitioners they stood stock still in a mostly colorless desert landscape as a wind that sapped your passions gradually wore you down until you literally just stand there until you die, decay, and become so much gray sand. I think it was either Sword and Sorcery or Necromancer Games, because those are the two publishers I generally paid attention to.

Any help would be appreciated, my google fu has failed me.

ATHATH
2016-04-17, 01:03 PM
If you can't find it, you could just use Elysium instead.

DrMartin
2016-04-17, 03:39 PM
Could it be you were looking at the Ashen Wastes of the Abyss, from Mongoose publishing? it's not an adventure though, it's more of a campaign setting expansion.

Efrate
2016-04-17, 04:27 PM
Thanks Dr. Martin that's it! Found it so I can work with it now! Thank you so much, now just gotta find something appropriate something(s) CR 15-20 that work there. The people here are the greatest resource of D&D knowledge I've found on the net. Thanks!:smallbiggrin:

Gildedragon
2016-04-17, 04:46 PM
There's a few that do that.
Hades in the standard cosmology
Dolruh in Eberron

DrMotives
2016-04-17, 05:26 PM
A monster? Ok, Dragon mag #344 has the gloom dragon, which has apathy as a breath weapon. It's kinda like if the big turtle from Neverending Story's swamps of sadness said "why not let me eat you?" and you just shrugged and said "why not".

Efrate
2016-04-17, 05:55 PM
I remember the gloom dragon, might do that or one of the lords of the pentarch, They might be able handle a balor with difficulty....maybe. Maybe like a dragon and like a couple lesser CR demons. Maybe demons ride the dragon, I'll play around with EL get this statted and acid test them. Thanks.

digiman619
2016-04-17, 10:03 PM
I'd post in this thread, but I can't be bothered

jedipilot24
2016-04-18, 08:00 AM
Apathy is death! (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8)

KillianHawkeye
2016-04-18, 12:57 PM
colorless desert landscape as a wind that sapped your passions gradually wore you down until you literally just stand there until you die

Sounds like real life to me...... :smallsigh: