PDA

View Full Version : I need a list of classes that can take on cr 20-25 by themself

Nosta
2016-04-17, 03:05 PM
so in one of the games I am currently in (i'm in 3)
Monsters from the monster manual(s) are called Xetra
and are grouped in to several classes
If i'm not mistaken Cr 10-14 are called Tyrant class Xetra. Cr 15-19 are called Abyssal and cr 20-30 are dubbed kami class xetra

on top of this there are rare xetra who stand out among there fellow monsters. these are normally monsters enhanced by a template or two. or by other means.

what I'd like to kniow
are what classes should be able to take on Cr 20-25 monsters by them self have the best chance of not being killed.

I'm thinking wizard, cleric and Druid but I was wondering if someone could come up with an idea

this is needed for a Npc who was a family member of mine that died 200 years before the start of the main story

JNAProductions
2016-04-17, 03:11 PM
At what level?

Because a Commoner can win, if they're level 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Nosta
2016-04-17, 03:13 PM
At what level?

Because a Commoner can win, if they're level 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

sorry I thought I put it >.<
the level is character level 20

Troacctid
2016-04-17, 03:15 PM
Trick question. Defeating a CR 20-25 opponent can be done with WBL alone. It can also be done with feats, regardless of your class.

Tuvarkz
2016-04-17, 03:23 PM
Without being willing to burn a large amount of the WBL on consumable spell items, I'd bet on fullcasters/manifesters and martial initiators, mostly.

MisterKaws
2016-04-17, 03:32 PM
All full casters if optimized, Bard if optimized, barbarian if optimized, rogue if optimized...

Really, other than Samurai, which can only be optimized to demoralizing no matter how hard you try, any player class(no commoner pl0x) would do it if optimized.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-04-17, 03:36 PM
Most obviously, all t1 and t2 builds, and probably many t3 builds with the right preparations.

Nosta
2016-04-17, 03:43 PM
Lets assume that this is gestalt game play.
and Its a Wizard-warbladewith some factotum mixed in
point buy is 36
lets say that this Npc is very wealth. Like say is worth about 1.500,000,000 PP (not gp) but PP
and lets say all feats are open from all 3.0, 3.5 pf and Dragom magazine

what would be a good way of build this npc who can go toe toe with a Adamantine Golem or other epic cr monsters

Xefas
2016-04-17, 03:53 PM
A few years ago Emperor Tippy held this contest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?285801-Tippy-s-Terrifically-Terrible-Trial) challenging people to make the least cheesy Level 20 Monk, relying as little as possible on non-Monk things, who was still capable of defeating every single Elder Evil in the Elder Evils book one right after the other. Pretty much just to prove that any class could excel at combat. Wizards and Monks can both defeat every enemy the books have to offer; the Wizard can also just shape the universe in addition to that capacity.

He never crowned a winner, but several people made builds that fit the criteria. So, the answer is "any class", so long as you've got enough system mastery.

sorcererlover
2016-04-17, 04:40 PM
Lets assume that this is gestalt game play.
and Its a Wizard-warbladewith some factotum mixed in
point buy is 36
lets say that this Npc is very wealth. Like say is worth about 1.500,000,000 PP (not gp) but PP
and lets say all feats are open from all 3.0, 3.5 pf and Dragom magazine

what would be a good way of build this npc who can go toe toe with a Adamantine Golem or other epic cr monsters

1. Any class, buy a candle of invocation.
2. Gate in a 34hd epic monster
3. Kill everything.

Don't want to rely on items?
1. Get a caster that can learn gate
2. (OPTIONAL) buy a rod of excellent magic (reduces xp cost of a spell by 2,000xp)
3. Gate in a 40hd epic monster
4. Kill everything.

Or...
1. Get a caster with shapechange
2. Shapechange into a zodar and use its wish ability to make whatever you want
3. Shapechange into a different creature then back to zodar
4. Repeat 2-3.
5. Kill everything. I suggest you create scrolls of gate with caster level 70 and gate in a 140hd Hecatoncheries which has 100 attacks per round

If you want to kill them yourself
1. Look up the mailman sorcerer
2. Cast contingency with the spell Celerity to trigger as soon as combat starts
3. Cast arcane fusion to throw two complete metamagic (empowered, maximized, twinned) orb of fires and one shot the adamantine golem.
OPTIONAL
Time Stop + Gear that makes you immune to Daze + Celerity = Infinite turns, allowing you to pelt the adamantine golem with as many orbs as your spell slots allow. By my calculations though, you only need 2 orbs.

Alternatively
1. Any class
2. Candle of invocation
3. Start wish loops
4. Scrolls of gate that gate in 140hd hecatoncheries.

There are literally infinite ways to kill everything in this game. I just focused on gate and wish, but there is stuff like pun-pun out there.