PDA

View Full Version : Need build advice Paladin/Druid

Saffron-sama
2016-04-17, 09:06 PM
I am joining a friends group which is 14th level and I rolled 17, 15, 15, 14, 11, 11. So I wanted to try my hands on a neet character so right now the idea is paladin 6 / druid 8. The idea being a animal pack like character I was going to take Magical innitiate or ritual caster to get the find familiar spell and a paladin spell for find steed and then mainly be in wild shape.

Any advice would be appreciated. Though right now I am thinking of taking a level of monk to most likely improve my ac in wild shape would that benefit the build or harm it? (My ac would be calculated at 10 + forms dex mod + my wisdom mod)

busterswd
2016-04-17, 10:48 PM
I am joining a friends group which is 14th level and I rolled 17, 15, 15, 14, 11, 11. So I wanted to try my hands on a neet character so right now the idea is paladin 6 / druid 8. The idea being a animal pack like character I was going to take Magical innitiate or ritual caster to get the find familiar spell and a paladin spell for find steed and then mainly be in wild shape.

Any advice would be appreciated. Though right now I am thinking of taking a level of monk to most likely improve my ac in wild shape would that benefit the build or harm it? (My ac would be calculated at 10 + forms dex mod + my wisdom mod)

Just keep in mind that Wildshape gets much weaker as you level, even if you go straight Druid. By the time you're level 14, CR 2 Wildshapes are going to get slaughtered by just about anything. The primary synergy for this build is going to be smiting in Wildshape, but you lose a lot to do so (no Plate Mail + Shield AC, gimping your Wildshape, not getting higher level druid spells).

If you just want an army of animal friends following you around, look into Awaken. It's 1000 GP per casting but it's on your spell list once you hit Druid level 9.

As for a Monk Dip, you're looking at a base 15 AC for your Wildshape with those stats. Not worth it, unless you're allowed to take ASI up to 14 on TOP of those stats.

Saffron-sama
2016-04-17, 11:25 PM
Just keep in mind that Wildshape gets much weaker as you level, even if you go straight Druid. By the time you're level 14, CR 2 Wildshapes are going to get slaughtered by just about anything. The primary synergy for this build is going to be smiting in Wildshape, but you lose a lot to do so (no Plate Mail + Shield AC, gimping your Wildshape, not getting higher level druid spells).

If you just want an army of animal friends following you around, look into Awaken. It's 1000 GP per casting but it's on your spell list once you hit Druid level 9.

As for a Monk Dip, you're looking at a base 15 AC for your Wildshape with those stats. Not worth it, unless you're allowed to take ASI up to 14 on TOP of those stats.

I will keep the wild shape in mind. The stats were the ones I rolled in feontof the DM and I get as many ASI as my levels allow. While my ac will be 15 in normal form it will be around 17 or so in several animal cases (dire wolf ,giant hyena and giant elk have 14 and 16 dex). The idea was not necessarily a bunch of animal friends or else I would have just grabbed Find familiar and steed, the idea was to seem like a pack of animals with the character being apart of the pack. Though I really did like the idea of smiting while wild shape which is why I started to make the character