PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Fun things to do with a slightly psionic character?

untrippable
2016-04-17, 11:23 PM
The game is mostly 3.5, with whatever Pathfinder rules the DM prefers to use (skills, feat progression, to name a couple). All 3.5 sources allowed, plus he's allowing any Pathfinder content, including well made third party like DSP.

I'm playing an elf factotum 4 with Hidden Talent (Psionic Minor Creation). I'm a sucker for feats that give me interesting abilities, so I'm planning on taking Access Psionic Talent at level 5 to get the following talents: Far Hand, Ectoplasmic Trinket, Energy Splash, Psionic Repair, and Create Sound.

What are interesting things to do with a very minor amount of psionic ability like this?

SaintNick
2016-04-17, 11:37 PM
I've always been a fan of the power Call Item (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030829a).

Belzyk
2016-04-17, 11:46 PM
Be an elan and abuse the energy reduction xD

untrippable
2016-04-17, 11:55 PM
I've always been a fan of the power Call Item.

That was actually my initial choice for the Hidden Talent power, until I realized that Ectoplasmic Trinket can do almost the same thing without spending power points.

You shape raw ectoplasm into a non-magical, unattended object of nonliving matter. The item created cannot exceed 1 cubic foot in volume or 1 gp in value. You must succeed on an appropriate Craft skill check to make a complex item. Coins and other objects of rare and precious materials (such as adamantine, cold iron, silver, etc.) cannot be created. Objects created in this manner may be used as tools, but have 1 hp and 0 hardness; they are too fragile to be used as weapons except for arrows, bolts, bullets, darts, and shuriken (manifesting this power will create up to three of such at once). Attempting to use any created object as a material component for spells causes the spell to fail.

The duration isn't as good and it's limited to 1gp instead of 10, but I'll still always have a ten foot pole when I need it.

Quertus
2016-04-18, 10:50 AM
Up the Walls is one of my favorites.

untrippable
2016-04-18, 12:22 PM
Oh man, Up the Walls looks hilarious. And I like that the language just uses "Horizontal surface" instead of saying "Floor." Sounds like it allows you to end your movement standing upside down on the ceiling. Either way, that's a funny feat.

Another neat trick I found somewhere: Combine Psionic Focus with Martial Study/maneuver item of Insightful Strike and a poison ring from the Dragon Compendium for a touch attack that deals 15 + Concentration modifier damage, once per encounter. Lightly tap the enemy with your ring and blow a hole in their chest.