PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Sg1 ending

mport2004
2007-06-22, 09:42 PM
That last show was the worst and not even an ending.

Caledonian
2007-06-22, 11:29 PM
I must disagree: I thought it was good, if not spectacular.

With the entire knowledge base of the Asgard at their disposal, this is a bigger leap even than finding the Atlantis archives. The relatively sudden jump in technological development will hamper future storytelling, though - but I suppose it also opens up a few. A story set one hundred years in the future, with Earth having destroyed itself with the technology granted by the Asgard, would be quite interesting.

LoopyZebra
2007-06-22, 11:32 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually liked that episode. It was an enjoyable, and I would have been happy to have it as a regular, non-finale episode.

But, as a finale to my favorite series, it was definitely unsatisfying. I expected, well, something along the lines of the Season 8 finale. I would have been far happier with something more action-filled that actually answered what the fate of the galaxy is. The episode doesn't even answer whether or not Earth found a way to successfully use the Asgard technology that was the motivation for the episode, much less what happens with all the Ori ships still flying around. And it annoys me that Atlantis' finale had (err, is currently) more of a bang.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-23, 04:05 AM
What you have to remember is that this isn't the finale, exactly. It's the last episode, but the plot of the last two seasons will be wrapped up in the first of two confirmed spinoff movies.

http://www.gateworld.net/movies/02.shtml

So quit yer whining about the unsatisfying ending, and start yer whining about waiting for the movie.

Also, I liked the episode. Though there were way too many character-development episodes in the second half of season 10, Unending was the best of them.

mport2004
2007-06-23, 10:33 AM
I agree that it is a good normal episode but for the last one it would be a bad
ending

What you have to remember is that this isn't the finale, exactly. It's the last episode, but the plot of the last two seasons will be wrapped up in the first of two confirmed spinoff movies.
http://www.gateworld.net/movies/02.shtml

In that case the last show is not the last show

LoopyZebra
2007-06-23, 10:44 AM
Ah, good point, Nerd-o-Rama. I hadn't considered the movies last night. Much more satisfied with the finale now.

Caledonian
2007-06-23, 10:46 AM
In that case the last show is not the last show

No, that was the final episode and the last show of Stargate SG-1.

It's not the last story of Stargate SG-1.

bosssmiley
2007-06-23, 10:57 AM
With the entire knowledge base of the Asgard at their disposal, this is a bigger leap even than finding the Atlantis archives.

I can only assume there were no monkeys, keys or banana plantations on the Asgard homeworlds then? :smallconfused:

IMO they should have ended SG1 when the Gou-uld were defeated. The Ori were just far too *meh*.

Deepblue706
2007-06-23, 11:05 AM
I like MacGuyver.

Pwenet
2007-06-23, 07:40 PM
Honestly - I like how they are able to use the final episode to end the weekly TV series, rather than trying to condence wrapping up all the various plotlines in a few episodes. Being able to push those out to actual movies/miniseries I feel is a better move. At least, that's what I hope.

What's more interesting are what's going to happen in Atlantis, which I'm still on the fence about.

Caledonian
2007-06-23, 08:40 PM
Meh. The writers never had a clear idea about where they were going, they've written Atlantis into a dead end, and the original idea for the series (the Ancients were driven out by life-force vampire bug-human hybrids) is silly.

I've pretty much given up on the show - it's an exercise in attracting ratings, nothing more.