PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Some Oracle Advice needed

Blackhawk748
2016-04-18, 10:18 AM
So im in a Kingmaker game right now and im not sure where my character is gonna go build wise. Heres what i've got now:

Human Dread Ghast* Bones Oracle 5
Str 15
Dex 20
Con -
Int 16
Wis 12
Cha 22

Skills: Bluff, Diplomancy, Disguise, Intimidate, Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Stealth

Feats:
1.Weapon Finesse, Civilized Ghoulishness
3.Warren Digger
5.Warren Digger

So ya, currently hes the groups primary Divine Caster and generally Animates undead, Bad Touches stuff (with his touch attack from Branded and Bones), Buffs things, can Debuff stuff (doesnt do this often) and is a Dex based melee brute. So any ideas on where to go, mostly with feats, would be appreciated.

*We've lowered the stat bonuses from Dread Ghast to the stat bonuses of a normal ghoul, just incase anyone was wondering.

Geddy2112
2016-04-18, 10:27 AM
You are a full casting class, so going first is a big deal. Improved initiative is good for everyone, better for you.

I suggest eldritch heritage-arcana, it is bonkers good for an oracle. You get a familiar, metamagic without casting time increase, sorcerer/wizard spells, and a free greater spell focus. Very awesome. You can also grab an improved familiar to boot.

Blackhawk748
2016-04-18, 11:53 AM
You are a full casting class, so going first is a big deal. Improved initiative is good for everyone, better for you.

I suggest eldritch heritage-arcana, it is bonkers good for an oracle. You get a familiar, metamagic without casting time increase, sorcerer/wizard spells, and a free greater spell focus. Very awesome. You can also grab an improved familiar to boot.

Eh Eldritch Heritage doesnt have enough draw for me, as im not using Metamagic. Improved Init will always be good.

Pex
2016-04-18, 12:48 PM
You will want to know the 2nd level spell Grace. It's a swift action to cast so does not provoke AoO. For 1 round you do not provoke AoO for moving. As a spontaneous caster you can cast it whenever you need to. This gives you great flexibility to move about the battlefield even if it's just to move away from an enemy.

When you can cast 4th level spells, the first spell you want is Blessing of Fervor. No ifs, ands, ors, or buts. Take it. It's the Haste spell on steroids. Your party will love you for it, and you'll love yourself for it for your undead minions.

Consider the metamagic feat Reach Spell. It increases the range of your spells, which is good in its own right, but the important thing is that it makes touch spells into range spells as well. Whether it's a buff on a party member or an attack on an enemy, you can do so from a safe distance.

Blackhawk748
2016-04-18, 02:45 PM
You will want to know the 2nd level spell Grace. It's a swift action to cast so does not provoke AoO. For 1 round you do not provoke AoO for moving. As a spontaneous caster you can cast it whenever you need to. This gives you great flexibility to move about the battlefield even if it's just to move away from an enemy.

When you can cast 4th level spells, the first spell you want is Blessing of Fervor. No ifs, ands, ors, or buts. Take it. It's the Haste spell on steroids. Your party will love you for it, and you'll love yourself for it for your undead minions.

Consider the metamagic feat Reach Spell. It increases the range of your spells, which is good in its own right, but the important thing is that it makes touch spells into range spells as well. Whether it's a buff on a party member or an attack on an enemy, you can do so from a safe distance.

Oh ya, Blessing of Fervor is going on the list as is Grace. I may grab Reach as i've got the feats and the Spell slots for it.