PDA

View Full Version : divine historical theme

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-22, 10:42 PM
Ok, I"m putting the last of my submission together for the library contest but I"m having a block on one thing, and I"m looking for some general ideas that might help me out. The item in question is the epic text. I'm looking for something of a divine nature with a theme of history. I originally thought of doing something arcane that would allow the reader to go back in time to a personal event and re-live it or change it if they wish. But that idea is relatively close to my concept for the artifact item, and if I could find something a little different, that would be great. Again, I'm just looking for some general ideas. I don't want to be disqualified for taking someone else's thing and using for the contest. I've worked way to hard on this in the past couple days for that.

BRC
2007-06-22, 10:47 PM
How about a tome of consult legend or somthing, it has a pocket in the front, you adress a question to a historical figure and put it in the pocket, then you open the book and find, written in it, the question answered as they would have answered it in life.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-23, 12:50 AM
I'm going to give this a bump and hopefully get some more responses. Thanks so far to the one person who's commented.