PDA

View Full Version : Cookies of Inflict Moderate Wounds?

AnimeTheCat
2016-04-18, 02:27 PM
Say I wanted to do something like what the title says, how would you do it? I think that a caster with brew potion and craft (baking) should be able to whip up something like that pretty easily. Thoughts?

Gildedragon
2016-04-18, 02:40 PM
Yeah. Completely possible. Complete Mage or Arcane says such variant potions are perfectly fine

AnimeTheCat
2016-04-18, 02:58 PM
Yeah. Completely possible. Complete Mage or Arcane says such variant potions are perfectly fine

This pleases me greatly >:D

Troacctid
2016-04-18, 03:02 PM
Craft Wondrous Item would be the feat that you need.

Shalist
2016-04-18, 03:17 PM
Sandstorm has 'black sands' (terrain feature on pg 20, temporary spell on pg 111), which cause 1d4 negative energy damage to any creature it comes in contact with. It's hardly unheard of for zombie armies to have some in their boots for some cheap fast healing. Needless to say, adding it to some cookies for those with less discriminating palates doesn't seem unreasonable, arguably giving the individual 1d4 negative energy damage / healing per round for a while.

Note that the remains of creatures reduced to 0 HP while in contact with black sand crumble into more black sand. There's no exceptions stated for undead, which could either be a problem or an added bonus.

nyjastul69
2016-04-18, 03:17 PM
Spell Wafers (Complete Arcane pg. 138) are exactly what you are looking for.

AnimeTheCat
2016-04-18, 03:55 PM
Spell Wafers (Complete Arcane pg. 138) are exactly what you are looking for.

YUS! This is phenomenal. All hail the holy cookie.

Quertus
2016-04-18, 05:33 PM
Sandstorm has 'black sands' (terrain feature on pg 20, temporary spell on pg 111), which cause 1d4 negative energy damage to any creature it comes in contact with. It's hardly unheard of for zombie armies to have some in their boots for some cheap fast healing. Needless to say, adding it to some cookies for those with less discriminating palates doesn't seem unreasonable, arguably giving the individual 1d4 negative energy damage / healing per round for a while.

Note that the remains of creatures reduced to 0 HP while in contact with black sand crumble into more black sand. There's no exceptions stated for undead, which could either be a problem or an added bonus.

So... what keeps the whole world from turning into black sand?

Also, is there a listed price for black sand? I clearly need to equip my undead with this - it will save on (un)healing spells immensely! (Alternately, what is the knowledge check DC to locate some black sand?)

Jormengand
2016-04-18, 05:38 PM
Also, is there a listed price for black sand?

Yes, it's 60 GP for a sand domain cleric and 150 for any other cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#spell). Use within 1 minute/level, probably by throwing a creature in it to create more black sand.

Coidzor
2016-04-19, 04:24 AM
The real trick is making cookies of Baleful Polymorph.

Or making a cat out of cookies. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOuM2papAz8)

Willie the Duck
2016-04-19, 09:51 AM
Also look at potions of delusion for added fun.

KillianHawkeye
2016-04-19, 02:24 PM
If any of my D&D characters ever see a Girl Scout, I'm running the other way! :smallamused:

2016-04-19, 02:34 PM
If any of my D&D characters ever see a Girl Scout, I'm running the other way! :smallamused:

This is my next character concept: a Halfling Artificer who uses Leadership to have her followers crank out magical cookies that grant the effects of many different spells...and then sells these door to door.

Can you imagine how rich the IRL Girl Scouts would be if Thin Mints healed injuries? They'd rule the world.