PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Eidolon AC and Magic Vestments, eg

Phymata
2016-04-18, 03:00 PM
Hey there,

Tl;dr - Given that an Eidelon's AC can be split between natural armor and armor, and that conceptually you can "style" that Eidolon's armor to appear to be like item armor, can I, in turn, use armor enhancing spells and abilities like Magic Vestments, or the Warpriest's Sacred Armor, to power up my Eidelon's "armor"? Is this explicitly forbidden in the RAW? Is it a GM call?

Background:
I'm currently building a Synthesist Summoner, and my inspiration is to have a powered up, angelic-esque Justicar-like character. I'm in a fairly easy campaign for largely new players, myself being the most experienced, so there is a lot of room for fluff and overarching design in a character, so I'm not really looking too much into optimization.
However, that doesn't mean I'm throwing away feats and levels. I've decided to take 5 levels of summoner to get my wings (flight evolution), and now I want a divine-inspired fighting class to rock out. The Warpriest's Sacred Armor ability allows him to add enhancement bonus to his armor, which, in this case, would be the armor bonus of an Eidolon. If I can, this would mean I'll go with the Warpriest instead of the Paladin, but I thought I'd get some opinions first.
Thanks!