PDA

View Full Version : Goldenholst Adventures [IC]

JNAProductions
2016-04-18, 03:40 PM
The day is bright, with nary a cloud in the sky. The sun beats down warmly, and a gentle breeze blows through the village.

The three of you have met up, planning on leaving this peaceful little town on search of adventure. Whether traveling east towards the city, north towards the mountains and the demon-infested mines, south towards the dense forest and the home of the reclusive Aiernian elves, or west towards the sea, you know that something awaits you.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-19, 12:38 AM
As weird as it may seem for a half-drow. Kain enjoys the sun. He looks at the peaceful village, but he wants to test his powers and needs adventures.

What a pity, I started to like this place Kain speaks. Now, let's go to something interesting. Lot of nice places around here. He looks to all sides, although he can't see far from here, and says All ways seem exciting, what do you two think?

Majin
2016-04-19, 10:48 AM
Pael stretches and looks towards north. "Hmm, there are lots of crazy rumours about those mountains, could be a real test of skill, don't you think?", he says with a toothy grin. "Although I've wondered what those Aiernians are hiding, only thing I know about them is that they are secretive".

Pael looks at Donn. "What about you? Any place you want to be?"

Inevitability
2016-04-19, 02:55 PM
Donn takes a deep breath as he looks at the long road in front of him. Here it all began. Sure, he'd been travelling for over a month already, and it wasn't like he'd never gotten into trouble during those times, but actually seeking out danger was something he'd never done before. Still, he had to if he wanted to fulfill his destiny, right?

Pael's question surprised him. Where to go? The city, perhaps? No, it was still to early for that. Then again, the mines didn't sound safe either...

The farmer's hand briefly brushes past his shoulder, ascertaining Almond was still there. The sprite, invisible as always, whispered:

"Just go to these mines! You'll kill the demons because you're special, and people will praise you and you'll get closer to becoming a lord! That's what you want, right?"

After a moment of thought, Donn speaks up:

"I say we hoof it to th' mountains. I reckon, ya can't let them demons be, can ya?"

Still, doubt remains. Demons were things he was supposed to fear. Fighting them went against everything he'd ever learned, and nothing, not even Almond's whispered encouragements, could remove that fear.

Majin
2016-04-19, 04:34 PM
Pael looked at Donn curiously. He hadn't known his two companions for very long. He did know they were both magicians of some sort, and right now it seemed like Donn was listening to something. Well, it wasn't Pael's place to be nosing about Donn's personal things.

Pael grins at Donn. "Good challenges are few and far between, they don't just come running to you!".

"Mountains fine with you, Kain?"

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-20, 12:27 AM
Well, in what place I'd be more home than in the mountains Kain speaks with a smile. He feels a bit of fear when he speaks, not a common emotion for Kain. We should better be prepared, he says quiet anything we should still get? I'm good to go

Then the feeling disappears, and Kain's excited as always again. He might even see some spiders!

Inevitability
2016-04-20, 12:42 AM
As they take off, Donn's nervousness takes over again. The human taps his half-drow companion on the shoulder, and asks:

"Er... Ya reckon ya could larn me sumthing 'bout using magic and such? I mean, yer my teacher, right? Like, how does it work exactly? I knows I can cast spells, but it ain't always easy."

As to emphasize his point, Donn waves his arms around dramatically and points at a nearby bush, which fails to burst into flame, wither away, or double in size. A small golden sphere does appear near his finger, though.

"Well, I didn't see that a-coming..."

Casting Druidcraft to predict the weather. I assume assuming sun is fine? If not, I can change my post.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-20, 09:01 AM
I suppose it would be better if you can cast a bit, let's say it this way. It is all about... Kain waits a second, thinking about the right word all about concentration, if you know what you want you just need to concentrate on it. Although things can go wrong if you want too much. It's not my style, but I heard training could help for magic, maybe try such a trick again a few times. Kain tries to help his friend with these words, but thinks again, because he is a bit scared of the unknown powers the young man posseses. Still, I wouldn't try too much at this stage

Majin
2016-04-20, 10:38 AM
Pael looks at the golden globe. "I'm not sure what you were trying to do, but... Just give a warning before you summon lightning or throw a fireball. Wouldn't want to lose my eyebrows", he says, grinning, and punches Donn lightly on the shoulder.

"I'm not sure if it applies to spellcasting, but I know a few techniques that should help with concentration. I can try giving you the basics if you want to. Nothing too fancy, just some breathing exercises and the like".

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-20, 01:12 PM
I'd think that could help indeed Donn. If we can help our young friend on the way we should be ready to leave now.. After that, Kain lools to the North. Guessing the distance to the might mountains. Kain then already starts walking but turns around quickly and stops. Asking: so we are good to go now?

what would be the distance/time on a medium pace. Should I make a roll to guess?

JNAProductions
2016-04-20, 01:14 PM
I'd think that could help indeed Donn. If we can help our young friend on the way we should be ready to leave now.. After that, Kain lools to the North. Guessing the distance to the might mountains. Kain then already starts walking but turns around quickly and stops. Asking: so we are good to go now?

what would be the distance/time on a medium pace. Should I make a roll to guess?

The mountains are a four day trek.

Inevitability
2016-04-20, 01:25 PM
Concentrate on what he wanted... he could do that, right? He could do this... he could do this...

Focused on nothing but his desires, Donn closes his eyes for a moment. When he opens them again, a small shiny item has appeared in his hand. After observing it for a moment, Donn relaxes and the item disappears.

The villager then turns to his teacher, filled with confidence.

"Okay, let's git 'r done! Onto them mountains!"

JNAProductions
2016-04-20, 01:40 PM
The three travel into the mountains, carrying about a weeks worth of rations with them. The weather, though it starts out bright and sunny, quickly turns for the worse, and by the time they spot the entrance to the mines, the rain is coming down in sheets.

Inevitability
2016-04-20, 02:05 PM
As he looks at the mine's entrance, Donn thinks about the journey here. Kain had been a good help when it came to teaching him how to use his magic, and the moment Donn had successfully created a campsite using nothing but his spells was still fresh in his mind.

"I'll just hope it'll be tha same when fightin' demons..." he mumbles to himself.

"Of course it'll be fine!" an annoyed voice with no visible source can be heard. "Now just go inside; I've had enough of this rain!"

Awakened from his daydreams by Almond, Donn quickly moves closer to the cave entrance, gesturing for the others to follow him.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-20, 02:20 PM
Kain looks inside, but sees nothing but darkness can't be worse than the rain, right? he says more confident than he feels. He makes some lights and 3 of them float around 20ft before them. The last one stays next to him. Then Kain walks inside slowly. Looking around

casts dancing lights. Walks half his speed and half speed every turn till something different or a special action from anything (others do not follow, a sound, a crossing etc. )

Makes sometimes a perception check [roll0]

Majin
2016-04-20, 02:56 PM
"Ugh! Yes, I'd go to Abyss if it meant getting away from this rain", Pael says, irritated and soaking, though still smiling.

He peers into the cave. During the past few days he'd wondered if it was really good idea to come here after all. Of course Pael hadn't said anything about his doubts to the others. Too late to back down anyway.

Pael walks into the cave, watching for possible signs of danger. "How about we find a good spot and camp for today? I'd like very much to dry my clothes. If we aren't jumped by monsters or something".

Perception: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-04-20, 02:58 PM
You hear some faint moans from the inside of the mines. It sounds like maybe 4 distinct sets of voices.

Inevitability
2016-04-21, 12:23 AM
Donn keeps walking towards the cave.

"I reckon them mines be tha driest place around. We should go in there."

A delighted sigh (again, with no visible source) can be heard as Almond quickly flies into the cave.

[roll0]

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-21, 12:32 AM
Wait! Donn! Pael! I hear noises from, probably, around 4 sources. Pael's words are wise, not a bad idea to do. However, I don't know if we will be surprised. Think it's far enough to camp up Kain tries to be clear but not too loud. He waits then, not sure what the plan is

so... he speaks, even quieter. so what's the plan. I'd say the noises aren't too close. Would it be save to make a fire? I reckon we should better find out what it is
Kain waits for a second, adding, too quiet to hear let it be something friendly

Majin
2016-04-21, 12:49 PM
"Yeah, me too. It's only four, so odds aren't too bad, if it comes down to fighting. Let's go and see", Pael says and starts going down the tunnel, trying to step lightly, unless someone someone suggest something else. "Might be best not to draw too much to ourselves before we know what we're up against".

Stealth: [roll0]

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-21, 01:37 PM
Kain sneaks also to the sounds. Following Pael, without speaking.

[roll0]

Inevitability
2016-04-23, 03:40 AM
Donn's eyes widen as he hears Kain's warning, and calls out something in a strange language.

"Almond! Watch out! Hang on, I'm coming!"

He then draws a torch and runs into the mine, the torch bursting into flame as he does so.

Casting Prestidigitation to light the torch.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-23, 04:03 AM
Kain is surprised. Seeing how Donn runs.

Donn? he says quiet. Then he starts to yell DONN! Where are you going? Why do you run? What did you say? And... . Realising it doesn't work Kain starts to run. Following Kain. Pael? Do you speak that language? Follow! he says, looking back

Majin
2016-04-23, 04:51 AM
"I do, Donn's speaking Sylvan, language of the Fey... And he's apparently chasing after someone called 'Almond'. Better catch up", Pael says and starts running to catch up to Donn.

JNAProductions
2016-04-23, 01:23 PM
As you run, you see small, hunched over grey figures suddenly come into illumination from the torchlight. They hiss at the brightness, then glare death at the intruders to their lair.

Roll initiative.

[roll0]

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-23, 02:12 PM
What are those? They do not seem friendly! Kain shouts. Then, pointing at the creatures. Who are you? I hope not demons for you!

Majin
2016-04-23, 02:25 PM
"Who- or whatever they are, they don't seem friendly in any case", Pael says and readies his staff, pointing it at one of the creatures.

Initiative: [roll0]

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-23, 02:26 PM
Last post didn't let me roll

Inevitability
2016-04-23, 02:41 PM
The hideous monsters make Donn pause, but it wasn't like there he could do anything but fight. And besides, he had to protect Almond, hadn't he? Donn shouts out for his familiar as he prepares to fight.

"Almond! Get behind me!"

Donn's initiative: [roll0]
Almond's initiative: [roll1]

JNAProductions
2016-04-23, 03:28 PM
Almond
Pael
Donn
Kain
Things

Inevitability
2016-04-23, 03:52 PM
The flutter of unseen wings can be heard as Donn's familiar flies to a more advantageous position. It buzzes around one of the gray creatures, distracting it and making it easier for Donn to attack.

"Take that, you uglies!"

Almond takes the help action on the second-closest gray creature. She's aiding Donn.

Almond flies down the tunnel until she's exactly 40 feet from the gray monsters. She then fires an arrow.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Advantage because invisibility: [roll1]
Damage roll: 1 damage.

If hit, the monster must make a DC 10 constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Failing the save by 5 or more also makes it fall unconscious for 1 minute.

Majin
2016-04-24, 04:46 AM
Paelias, HP: 32/32 AC: 17

Pael charges the closest creature first striking it with his staff, and following with kicks and punches.

Pael spends one Ki point to use Flurry of Blows.

Two-handed attack with staff: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Unarmed attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Unarmed attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

If one of the unarmed attacks hit, the creature must succeed in DC 14 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone

Inevitability
2016-04-24, 10:04 AM
Concentrate on what ah want... Donn thinks as he points a shaking hand towards the grayish monster. What did he want? He wanted to protect Almond... no, everyone! And the only way to do so was to kill that thing.

Silently, Donn fires a blast of purplish energy from his hands.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Advantage: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-24, 11:21 AM
Kain picks a non damaged enemy. This one's mine! he shouts. Throwing his net.

[roll0] (attack)
[roll1] (15ft distance disadvantage)
No damage, restrain on a hit. No other actions as quickened spell

Note: I think the sprite is still invisible so Pael can just hear it. If not, sorry for the confusing

JNAProductions
2016-04-24, 12:45 PM
Donn, where are you getting advantage from?

The monster Pael targets gets thoroughly crumped from the first blow, enough so that his carry through takes him to a second creature and smashes its skull in as well. Donn's blast of magic destroys another, leaving the fourth entangled in Kain's net. It frantically tries to escape, and succeeds, scrambling about twenty feet away.

[roll0]

Inevitability
2016-04-24, 02:48 PM
Giggling, Almond starts pursuing the final creature. The sprite harrying it distracts the being long enough to grant Donn another edge.

Move 20 ft. towards the final creature, then take the Help action (granting advantage to Donn).

Majin
2016-04-24, 03:17 PM
Paelias, HP: 32/32 AC: 17

Pael thought he had something before, and now it sounded like someone was giggling. Was it related to Donn? Better ask after this. For now, Pael conventrates on the fight. "What, you guys aren't even a challenge", he shouts, laughing, and charges after the fourth creature.

Quarterstaff attack: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-04-24, 03:35 PM
The last small creature goes down, leaving behind a greasy, black, ichorous stain.

[roll0]

Majin
2016-04-24, 03:58 PM
Pael gives the remaains a disgusted look and carefully steps away from them. "That went pretty well. I hope they have something stronger here, I haven't had a proper challenge in weeks", Pael says with a wide smile. He then turns to Donn."<Sylvan> So, who's Almond? I heard you mention that name. If it is something you want to keep to yourself, I understand".

Inevitability
2016-04-25, 12:30 AM
Donn turns and opens his mouth, when suddenly a tiny humanoid figure with two butterfly wings appears from nowhere. It flutters over to Pael and hovers in front of its face.

<Sylvan> "That would be me! Nice to meet you, punching person!"

Donn steps forward, carefully grabs Almond, and places her on his shoulder.

"This is Almond, my companion."

Majin
2016-04-25, 03:24 AM
Pael smiles and bows slightly. "<Sylvan> Pleasure is mine, miss Almond. And please, call me Pael".

"<Common> Now, perhaps we should be moving on? That fight, while brief, might have attracted the attention of more of these creatures. I would rather not give them time to plan an ambush".

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-25, 03:27 AM
Kain is confused, really confused.

Wait... so that thing is friendly? Well,
if he's careful with that... he waits a second. Almond is a male right? he goes on if he's careful with the bow I suppose it can only be helpful

Kain wants to walk to his net. Then he turns around. sorry that I'm so rude. Nice to meet you Almond!

Again. Kain thinks a second. Looking at Donn, he asks can the butterfly with the bow speak common?

OOC, I know she is female, but elves don't care about gender:smallwink:

Inevitability
2016-04-25, 07:28 AM
"I'm a girl, you big bully! Donn, why are you friends with a drow anyway?"

Almond would've charged Kain had Donn not stepped in between her and the half-drow.

"Now quit yer ruckus! Pael's right, thar might be more o' them grays. Almond, don't ya go fight with Kain again!"

With a indignant sigh Almond turns invisible again.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-25, 08:20 AM
Don't worry 'bout me. I'm not aggresive. And if that thing attacks me we have free food, but we have bigger worries than the annoying... Kain thinks of a good name than Flopsy. So let's back up a bit, and Donn, better sneak with us the next time. You might have got us killed running to Flopsy Kain smiles

Majin
2016-04-25, 09:25 AM
Pael smiles at Kain and Almond's bickering. "Well then. Perhaps we should get a move on, before anyone gets their eyes poked out", he says and starts walking further down the tunnel. As Pael passes Kain, he whispers to him "Be careful when dealing with the fey folk".

Perception: [roll0] to listen if there are more creatures ahead of them.

JNAProductions
2016-04-25, 10:41 AM
Pael smiles at Kain and Almond's bickering. "Well then. Perhaps we should get a move on, before anyone gets their eyes poked out", he says and starts walking further down the tunnel. As Pael passes Kain, he whispers to him "Be careful when dealing with the fey folk".

Perception: [roll0] to listen if there are more creatures ahead of them.

You hear a faint trickling of water, and a slight whistling sound-perhaps the wind?

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-25, 12:08 PM
I follow Pael. A bit too busy thimking about the words of Pael than the dangers.

Fey... a word that is close to every elf, even drow, but what did he really know about them. They were much more secret than demons. He knows about them a bit at least

using passive perception. Not busy checlong surroundings

Majin
2016-04-25, 12:14 PM
"I can hear some noise ahead, but nothing like what these creatures made. Sounds like water and maybe... wind? I'm not sure why there would be wind in the tunnels, perhaps there's a hole that leads to outside", Pael says.

Inevitability
2016-04-25, 03:45 PM
Donn cautiously inches forward, carrying his familiar with him. They were right; he had to be more stealthy. Fortunately, it appeared he was pretty good at sneaking around.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-04-25, 03:57 PM
Donn cautiously inches forward, carrying his familiar with him. They were right; he had to be more stealthy. Fortunately, it appeared he was pretty good at sneaking around.

[roll0]

As Donn heads for the shadows, he bumps into something-something that doesn't appear to be there. As soon as he does, he hears a bestial roar, and is suddenly pounded by a creature that quickly turns visible as it strikes. it stands nearly 8 feet tall, even stooped over as it is, with thick, matted orange fur and blue skin beneath.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

You got off REALLY lucky there. Take 15 damage.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-26, 04:07 AM
DONN! Are you OK? In the name of the twelve mountains, what is that beast? Kain panics a few seconds, then calms down. In name of Lolth herself, you shall die Kain says, pointing at the demonic foe.

Looks like my initiative is terrible again, luckily this time it is one stronger foe and my net will be extra effective!

Majin
2016-04-26, 04:53 AM
"Now that's more like it!" Pael shouts and cracks his knuckles.

Inevitability
2016-04-26, 06:27 AM
"What in tarnation? This be..."

As he skulks down the tunnel, Donn feels something furry. Something furry that is apparently attached to an ogre-sized demon. Donn has only the briefest of moments before it strikes at him, yet somehow avoids one of the monster's attacks. Still, the village boy is badly wounded.

[roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-04-26, 03:35 PM
[roll0]

Order is:

Pael
Almond
Donn
Beast
Kain

Majin
2016-04-26, 04:41 PM
Paelias, HP: 32/32, AC: 17

"Let's see how hard you fall, big guy", Pael says and charges the creature.

One Ki point to use Flurry of Blows

Staff attack: [roll0]
Unarmed: [roll2]
Unarmed: [roll4]

If one of the unarmed attacks hit, the beast can't take reactions until Pael's next turn (So if Donn wants to back away and cast from range, the beast can't opportunity attack)

Inevitability
2016-04-27, 03:32 AM
As Pael charges the demon, Donn quickly scurries away from the distracted fiend and prepares to cast a spell.

What did he want? He wanted all of them to live, to survive this fight. He wanted to protect the others, like Pael was protecting him.

Donn lightly touches Pael, and the scent of flowers surrounds the monk, forming an almost imperceptible shield against the demon. The villager then quickly retreats to a safer distance.

I cast Protection From Evil and Good on Pael (1 spell slot left), then move 30 ft. away from the demon. I maintain concentration on the effect.

JNAProductions
2016-04-27, 12:49 PM
The beast lets out a roar of pain as the quarterstaff thunks firmly into its side, then another as a fist hits below the belt. He retaliates, though, biting back and pummeling with his enormous, meaty fists.

Reckless Attacking-Everybody, gain advantage to attack the big guy.

It's taken 11 points of damage so far.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

All against Pael.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-28, 02:53 AM
Not surprised or confused, Kain becomes filled with anger. you..... demon, you shall fall today!.

Throwing a net from around 15ft, and drawing his staff. Ready to show where he's good at.

Throwing a net with disadvantage: [roll0] [roll1]

On a hit, Kain spends 2 sorcery points to cast conjure bonfire quickend

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-28, 02:57 AM
I rolled 1d12 by accident as you can see. Here are my real roles:
[roll0]
[roll1]

If 12 would miss then I suppose I already missed anyways, but rolling to be sure and letting it go smoothly.

Majin
2016-04-28, 02:34 PM
Pael reels back from the creatures heavy blows but has a wide grin on his face. "Yes... That's more like it!"

If the creature wasn't caught in the net, Pael uses 1 ki point to use Dodge action.

Damage: [roll2]
Unarmed attack: [roll3]
Advantage: [roll4]

Inevitability
2016-04-28, 03:00 PM
Donn turns to face the monster, raises his hand, and watches another blast of energy fly towards the beast. He wanted to protect Pael!

Eldritch Blast on the monster.
Attack roll + advantage: , [roll1]
Damage: [roll]1d10+3[roll]

JNAProductions
2016-05-03, 05:49 AM
The beast gets wrapped in the net, but easily breaks his way free. However, despite the little effort required, it still consumes some of his time, allowing everyone the chance to strike at him.

[roll0]

No Reckless, no Advantage.

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-04, 03:12 PM
it's a tough one, isn't it? Kain speaks. Then he shoots fire at the beast again

Since I got the beast in the net I used a quickened conjure bonfire that turn as I wrote down. Did you note that?

Kain casts firebolt on the beast

Majin
2016-05-05, 10:47 AM
Paelias, HP: 13/32, AC: 17

"I've fought tougher", Pael says with confidence and continues attacking the beast.

If the creature doesn't die, 1 ki point to use Dodge action.

Inevitability
2016-05-05, 12:15 PM
"Yer goin' down!"

Donn continues his barrage of eldritch energy, with Almond enthusiastically cheering him on.

Attack: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-05-10, 12:26 PM
The beast charges Pael, jaws clamping down and fists flashing out in a hideous spree of harm.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Reckless attacking again.

Majin
2016-05-10, 12:33 PM
Pael grimaces as the beast's heavy blows land on him. He falls down, unconscious.

Death saving throw: [roll0]

Unless the beast was dealing nonlethal damage for some reason.

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-11, 10:56 AM
Kain doesn't know if he has to aid his friend in poor shape or attack the beast, there's few time to think. He kneels down to aid Paël

[roll0] (medicine)

Inevitability
2016-05-11, 11:54 AM
"Pael! Is he hurt?"

For a moment, Donn hesitates. Attack the monster, or make sure Pael's allright?

"What are you doing, you big dummy? Kill the demonic monkey!"

Spurred to action by Almond, Donn shoots another ray of eldritch energy.

Attack: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2016-05-12, 07:04 PM
The "big demonic monkey" strikes back, aiming for Donn now.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Inevitability
2016-05-13, 07:10 AM
Donn watches the ape charge him and tries to dodge. One of the beast's fists misses him, but a moment later the other smashes his ribs. Before the village boy can recover, demonic teeth sink in his flesh, leaving a gaping wound.

"Ah'm... sorry..."

The villager sinks to his knees and collapses. From a dark corner, Almond's shrill screams can be heard.

"Don't die, Donn! You! Drow! Go rescue Donn! I mean, kill the demon first! No wait, save him! The demon can wait!"

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-15, 03:14 PM
Sorry. Didn't realise it's my turn

no one tells me what to does, especially you not, useless coward. Kain sees his companions are doing OK. No it's our turn, monster. Speaks Kain. As he turns to his foe

Kain uses his action to cast burning hands with a 2nd level slot. I'm not sure but think you missed the confure bonfire. If you didn't, I'm sorry. If you did, Kain uses a bonus action for burming hands and an action to throw a net
[roll0]
[roll1] (disadvantage)

Inevitability
2016-05-19, 12:31 AM
While Kain combats the monster, Almond flutters down to Donn's body invisibly. Her tiny hands quickly go to work on his wounds.

"Don't you die on me, Donn! You've got a destiny to fulfill!"

[roll0]

As she manages to close several of Donn's wounds, Almond can't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

"You keep attacking the monkey demon, drow! Donn is safe now! Also, I... wait, did you call me a useless coward?"

JNAProductions
2016-05-19, 09:08 AM
The monster roars in pain as the fire washes over it, and seems to be on its last legs. However, it still has a fire in its eyes as it bursts through the net.

[roll0]

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-19, 02:10 PM
Focussing on the demon and ignoring the little feyish creature. Kain attacks the enemy with his sharpened rapier

Rapier: [roll0]
Kain casts shield when that would block at least one attack

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-19, 02:12 PM
Rapier damage 1d8+3

JNAProductions
2016-05-19, 07:23 PM
The creature grunts out in pain, winded, but still clinging to life, and then goes ham on the last remaining adventurer.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

This thing is right about dead. If you survive, you'll likely be able to win the fight. Also Reckless attack.

Inevitability
2016-05-20, 02:30 AM
With Donn safe for now, Almond turns to the enormous ape-beast. There had to be something she could do, but what? She lacked a weapon, couldn't cast spells... how would she ever be able to harm this thing?

Suddenly, the sprite notices something in Donn's backpack. A metal object, with jagged teeth and taut wires. In a flash of inspiration, Almond grabs the trap and starts dragging it over the stony floor. If only Kain could keep alive for long enough...

Almond grabs Donn's hunting trap, which heavily encumbers her. She takes the Dash action to move ten feet towards the fighting.

Note that Almond and the trap are both invisible.

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-21, 06:58 AM
19/33HP. I could not use shield

Kain keeps fighting. Not noticing he's wounded. And his weapon tries to make a gap in the beast again
rapier: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2]

JNAProductions
2016-05-22, 11:32 AM
The beast stumbles, staggers... And falls. It nearly lands on Kain, but the man moves out of the way to avoid being crushed beneath its massive bulk.

The cave is sudden;y quiet once again, once the echoes fade from the beast's collapse.

Inevitability
2016-05-22, 12:14 PM
Overcome with relief, Almond emerges from invisibility. For a moment, she wonders where to put the trap she was carrying and just places it on the ground.

The sprite then flies towards the drow and starts speaking excitedly.

"You did it! You killed the monkey! Of course, it's not like you could've done it without me and Donn, but it's not bad for a Lu'mirfae."

"Now, let's get Donn and punchy-elf to safety."

I'm using this (http://www.elftown.com/_Sylvan) resource, where Lu'mirfae means something like 'dark child' or 'child of darkness'. It's not something someone would like to hear, I imagine.

Majin
2016-05-22, 12:58 PM
Pael groans and rises up groggily. "Damn. Failed miserably. Pathetetic. Seems like I have ways to go".

Pael stands up and wobbles a bit, but manages not to fall down. "I got too careless. Beast was so reckless I figured it wouldn't be too hard to take it down, but it was tougher than I expected. I guess this was one of those demons we've heard about".

JNAProductions
2016-05-22, 12:59 PM
The dying characters may wake up, but they'll have 4 levels of exhaustion until they get a short rest, long rest, or receive magical healing.

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-23, 12:27 AM
you seem broken and exhuasted, if we rest or a bit now and aid each other I'm sure we'll be fine. I will guard, I'm not that hurt after all Kain speaks, then he's looking for a respond to the fey

Or, wait, Almond can guard, it's not like he has done much except for carrying some metal without a reason

Everyone is awake, right?

Inevitability
2016-05-23, 12:33 AM
Donn groans and stands up (albeit with great difficulty). Almond immediately flies towards him and starts excitedly chattering. After a moment, Donn turns to Kain.

"Did ya... did ya kill it?"

"I helped!"

"I reckon we should rest for a spell. Almond, can you stand watch?"

"Why do I have to stay up all night? I need my beauty sleep: I almost got covered in demon guts today! Ask the drow: I thought his kind didn't need to sleep?"

JNAProductions
2016-05-23, 11:49 AM
[roll0]

Ten characters.

You all hear some loud footfalls, approaching slowly from deeper within the cave, the sounds echoing along the stone.

Inevitability
2016-05-23, 03:01 PM
"Ah... crud."

Donn slowly backs away from the sound.

"What do ya guys reckon we do now? Thar be more demons comin'!"

"Don't worry! I'll go check!"

Almond turns invisible and flutters deeper into the cave. A moment later, Donn is overcome by nausea, and suddenly finds he can see through his familiar's eyes.

Disadvantage because flight, or so I recall.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Donn spends his action on looking through Almond's eyes.

JNAProductions
2016-05-23, 03:04 PM
On Stealth, I assume? No disadvantage because she's flying, so I'll take that 23.

And don't feel like you need to make more stealth checks-I'll call if you do.

Almond flies deeper into the caves and sees a twisting, turning tunnel. The booming is echoing louder now, but she has no real idea of how far from the source she is, other than that she's getting nearer.

Majin
2016-05-23, 03:16 PM
Pael picks up his staff and forces a tired smile on his face. "Yes, good job defeating it, whatever it was", he says to Kain and Almond.

Pael turns towards the noise. His smile becomes sharper. "What, more of them? I suppose we have three options. Run, hide or fight. What would seem most appropriate to you?"

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-24, 12:14 AM
We can 't hide or run, I suppose, the creatures here know these caves and we do not. We could search for a tactial poisition or ambush the enemy Kain looks to the way where the noises come from let's first wait till Almond is back

Inevitability
2016-05-24, 12:38 AM
Donn, his senses suppressed, can hear nor see his companions. He leans on the wall and continues to focus on his familiar.

Almond continues to fly down the tunnel.

JNAProductions
2016-05-24, 11:03 AM
What's the range on your sense sharing?

Almond continues to fly, ever deeper, until she spots a massive chamber. Inside is some sort of war-machine, in the shape of a demonic steed, its massive metallic hooves banging on the ground in a steady rhythm. Surrounding it are a score of smaller creatures, about half the size of a man.

Up above, in a smoke-shrouded alcove, is a lone man, dressed in dark robes.

Inevitability
2016-05-25, 08:21 AM
Unlimited range: I took Voice of the Chain Master.

Almond takes a good look at her surroundings, and spots the machine and humanoids.

[roll0]

Still deaf and blind to his own surroundings, Donn mutters:

"That be a lot of gray beasties, and... they done built a horse in there?"

PoeticDwarf
2016-05-26, 08:21 AM
Donn, what is happening, where are you talking about?

Majin
2016-05-26, 11:37 AM
"What, like the ones we met? They weren't too tough", Pael says. His smile turns sour as he continues. "Though if I get more than a tap on the shoulder, I'll be out of it".

Inevitability
2016-05-27, 12:31 AM
Donn commands Almond to return, and suddenly their sensory link is severed. Donn, literally shocked to his senses, gags. A moment later, however, Almond reappears from nowhere.

"I'm a good scout! Did you see? I learned all of their secrets and no one even saw me!"

Donn, still tired, silently commands Almond to explain her discoveries. The sprite does so... enthusiastically.

"Well okay now I was in some kind of cave or perhaps more like a really big tunnel or perhaps a chamber anyway I was there and then there were gray monsters there just like the gray monsters we fought earlier but now there were a lot not just four but I'm sure we can kill them and also there was some kind of evil iron horse with metal hooves that hit the ground from time to time and it was kind of scary but I wasn't afraid because I'm brave and I think we should let Donn rest a bit before we go there."

Majin
2016-06-01, 01:37 PM
"If we're going to rest, we should go outside. Maybe make a plan. Though those gray ones weren't that tough, though I suppose they could overwhelm us if there are enough of them".

JNAProductions
2016-06-01, 08:05 PM
Whatever you do, you have one day to decide it. Otherwise, monsters find you.

Inevitability
2016-06-02, 12:20 AM
"I reckon outside should be fine..."

Donn starts to stumble towards the mine's exit, followed by Almond. The latter tries to support her master where she can, but isn't a big help.

JNAProductions
2016-06-02, 02:31 PM
The group staggers wearily outside, away from the dangers of the cave. Once outside, they set up a basic camp-not much more than a fire and some blankets on the ground-and rest.

Short rest or long rest?

PoeticDwarf
2016-06-04, 05:26 AM
Didn't have much to say about this and I don't mind if the rest is long or short, just letting know I'm aware of the stuff going on