PDA

View Full Version : druid multiclass

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-06-22, 11:07 PM
I'm looking for a good martial/melee class that would be good to multiclass with druid. The character will probably be 8th level or there abouts. I really don't think straight fighter will work good, but I could be wrong. I was also thinking swashbuckler, but I'm not sure that's a good fit either.

Starsinger
2007-06-22, 11:09 PM
Psychic warrior might be a good one, take advantage of that wisdom score a druid is gonna have anyways.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-06-22, 11:13 PM
Well, as it happens, Druid is *already* one of the best melee classes in the game! So if you're looking to have a strong melee presence, I don't think you need to multiclass at all!

*checks something*

In fact, 8th level is when Druids become able to Wild Shape into Large creatures, like the Dire Lion or Polar Bear (lions and tigers and bears, oh my!). You can be a lion or bear all day long, essentially, or you can take Fast Wild Shape to be able to quickly wildshape as soon as combat starts so you don't lose any attacks. And with Natural Spell, you also get the joys of Druidic spellcasting!

Turcano
2007-06-23, 12:30 AM
The druid is one of the few classes (perhaps the only one) that's so good that multiclassing actually hurts you. That said, Arcane Hierophant, Master of Many Forms, and Nature's Warrior are pretty much the only prestige classes you should even consider taking.

herrhauptmann
2007-06-23, 12:35 AM
If you're feeling VERY froggy, take wizard or sorceror. Then follow it up with Mystic Theurge.
I DO NOT recommend that though. It's just an idea

Turcano
2007-06-23, 12:53 AM
If you're feeling VERY froggy, take wizard or sorceror. Then follow it up with Mystic Theurge.
I DO NOT recommend that though. It's just an idea

Arcane Hierophant does that ten times better; you can cast arcane spells in druid armor with no spell failure, your wild shape progression continues as normal, and your animal companion gets familiar bonuses as well.

de-trick
2007-06-23, 12:55 AM
warshaper good prestige to

Generic PC
2007-06-23, 01:13 AM
if you really want to, Go for Arcane Heirophant like Turcano says, and that will be amazing. Please explain how high powered you want this char to be, and it will pwn if that is what you want.

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-23, 12:17 PM
Or, for Ultimate cheese, go Planar shepard. 2d10 rounds for you, 1 for the other guys. Or wish as a spell-like ablility.