PDA

View Full Version : Gothmoor IC (purple)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jeggred Von
2007-09-02, 02:07 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/centaur02.jpg

((This map explain all the doors enough for ya there, Edo? lol))

Kelzir: After maneuvering the beds to ther desired positions, taking apart one of the beds to double Zarraema's, you look out the window. There are different sized rocks and stone, that make up the outser wall of the Inn/tavern. even a one handed blind dark elf could easily make his way to the window. Below your window is a large wagon of hay, into a large pile ((for possible escape out the window if needed.) The next building closest to your side of the inn is over 20' out, and there is another window directly across from yours. The window is dark and curtained, and you remember noticing that the building below is a bakery. The stars outside shine brightly and the cloudless night sky allow the moon to shine into the room, adding additional light. With a thunk your dagger bites into the old wood, wedging the window closed.

FistarYou walk down the stairs into the Sleeping Centaur and see that the room is still in full swing. many groups sit around and drink and talk amongst themselves. The few who are not totally smashed drunk turn to watch you arrive into the room as your leather soled boots clack on each step. You make it through the crowd to the bar and begin talking over the price with the tender, and he refuses to give you the money back until he can guarantee the rooms are usable again come morning. "Consider it a security deposit." is what he keeps repeating.

The first thing you sense is the smell of fragrant wildflowers and honey. If wafts over your shoulder and almost turns your head for you. Your eyes spot a woman with half elven ears poking through fire red curly hair. her face is made up, which marks her for a woman on the prowl. Her beauty is shining through the makeup, but her smile stuns you for a few seconds. She tilts her head to one side and folds her arms under her ample chest as her hip shoots out to a side and she stands, smiling to you. "My lord, may I buy you a drink?"
Her voice is like satin tickling your ears. Her aura screams of sex and she knows it.

Tsol
2007-09-02, 01:37 PM
Fistar

After arguing with the bartender for a bit, the wood elf rogue gave up with a sigh and grumbled. “Very well, I will see you in the morning.”

The fresh scent of wild flowers and honey enticed him to look at the half elf. Her offer to buy him a drink agreed with him. He chuckled and gave the half elf an appraising look, “I’m not one to pass up an offer of a drink from a beautiful female.” He wryly grinned at her. “Bartender, I’ll have an ale, if you don’t mind and the lady will have…, “ quirking an eyebrow at her with a tilt to his head.

Jeggred Von
2007-09-04, 01:40 AM
The Female nodded to the tender and slid two waterhavian gold across the bar. She took her own mug of ale and moved her eyes over to the wood elf. She smiled and averted her eyes, then looked back to Fistar slowly. Those emerald green eyes look the wood elf over, and then return to lock onto his.
"Are you a guard, or some sort of adventurer?" Her hand runs along the sheath of your dagger. her delicate fingers stroking the leather hanging from your belt, holding the dagger in.

OOC :
need a sense motive check
need a spot check

Kelzir and Zarraema:
Your time together in the warm soft bed seems timeless and the noise from downstairs seems to "drown out' any stray noises, moans or yelps that come from your room. You feel safe and secure.
OOC :both of you roll me a listen check.

Jessamyn and Etsia:
The cooling ocean breeze feels good across the room and brings the stemy temperature of the room down by at least 20 degrees. THe hawk claws at the soft wood,trying to pull up a bit, looking for grubs. it then squats down and buries it's head until the random noise makes it pop up and look around, noise form downstairs, to noises of carts and wagons outside. the city is as strange to it as it is to Etsia. the light gone over the mountains have the dusk sky darkening.
OOC :both of you rolls me a listen check. Vie roll another at +5 of yours for the Hawk

Bunny~
2007-09-04, 08:31 AM
Etsia

Etsia was dreaming. She was climbing in the big trees of her home jungle, her hawk companion swooping down on occasion, scouting for her. She was searching for something, but she could not remember what -- not until she caught a whiff of white fur in the distance. White Fox. The trees vanished, the warmth of the jungle went with it, and she was standing in the streets of Gothmoor, the crowds of big people blocking her view, making it impossible to find the totem animal. The hawk in the air screamed of frustration. I can't go home without you! She ran through the streets that all looked the same, trying to catch that same spot of white fur in the distance.

Etsia: [roll0]
Hawk: [roll1]

bluenihil
2007-09-04, 08:45 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin had laid back in bed but not quite closed her eyes yet... Staring at the ceiling, she considered the events of the day, her new companions, the city's strange history. Their upcoming excursion.

Why in the world Fistar hadn't returned yet...

She wasn't sure she really wanted to know.

Listen: [roll0]

Tsol
2007-09-04, 10:26 AM
Fistar

The rogue watched the female half elf glanced at her hand briefly as she caress the sheath of his dagger. He chuckled softly as he lightly placed his hand over her hand that is carress the sheath, "I'm an adventurer dear lady," he slyly grinned. "... and as always looking for new ways to make some gold." He shifted his body, so that his dagger is away from her hand.

[roll0]

[roll1]

((I think Fistar is still carrying his rapier, he didn't take it off when he was upstairs in the room.. just making sure, that he's still armed. Edit: Bah.. he can't sense his own mothers motive. *chuckles*))

Edonil
2007-09-04, 05:47 PM
KELZIR
(Map, still hidden and safe behind the collar)

He lay in the after effects of their time together, allowing the feelings to drift slowly away. Though languid, his eyes and ears still stayed alert for any signs of trouble. It was the way of the Underdark, always alert. There was an old saying amongst the drow.

"He who watches his back, meets death from the front."

That couldn't be more true than it was now. In a strange land, with factions warring in subtle means along the shadows. They were adrift, and unbound by local factions, which meant they were a danger to the established orders. They'd been warned as much by the strangers in the bar, though Zarraema had been the one they'd talked with, his ears were still keen when attentive.

Listen check: [roll0]

Zarrae
2007-09-04, 06:00 PM
Zarraema:

Weariness held no sway over the enjoyment of Kelzir's company, but as she lay there with him, holding and being held, the caravan journey, the visit to the temple, and the emotional strain of the day pulled at her eyes and enticed her to sleep.

Unused to the boisterous noises from the inn or the surroundings, even as tired as she was, she tried to keep her senses sharp. This strange land with strange peoples could be just as dangerous as the Underdark, simply in less familiar ways.

[roll0]
(Yay for mediocre rolls!)

Despite her life in the Underdark, however, sleep could not be denied forever. The exertions of the day, her devotion to Eilistraee, and her lovemaking with Kelzir all pushed her closer and closer to sleep's embrace.

Jeggred Von
2007-09-09, 05:18 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/centaur03.jpg

Jessamyn
Etsia
Pirate 4
Pirate 3
Pirate 2
Pirate 1
Pirate 5

Then round 1.

Jessamyn & Etsia: You bolt upright and look to the door as it opens slowly and silently. The dull brown/orange glow from the hallway lanterns spill into the room as two silhouetted figures skulked into the room. The two men spot your both awake and draw out cutlasses.
((you both get to take a free action before combat starts, at the end of your action, roll a 1d20 for initiative.))

Zarraema and Kelzir: You both are too..."into"each other until you hear a boot scuff a raised floorboard edge IN YOUR ROOM, the sound of two men pulling cutlasses out of leather sheathes seperate you two from each other. They seem to be looking through the room and turn to you.
((roll initiative (1d20) ))

Fistar: The woman seems to be seriously interested in you, and you happen to spot a sailor creeping slowly up the stairs and dissapearing up into the 2nd floor. The woman looks from the dissapearing sailor back to your eyes and seems slightly offended your attention has been turned from her.

"A friend of yours?" She asks, her tone slightly miffed, but she smiles, playing it as pretend. Her hand pulls back from your dagger, you've defensively covered from her and she runs her finger around the rim of her glass, watching you.

((whatever you do, which is completely fine, but regardless of what you do, roll init...in addition to whatever else.))

Tsol
2007-09-09, 09:49 AM
Fistar

The wood elf chuckled and smiled at the woman, “No, not a friend of mine at all. He did seem a little sneaky to me though.” He glanced at the bartender, “You don’t happen to have any sailors staying on the second floor do you?”

[roll0]

OOC: I'm going to roll sense motive again, on the sailor that was going up the stairs, you said he was creeping up.. so to Fistar he would worry about that, unless he dismissed it as just a sailor returning to his room. I'm assuming the first sense motive you had me roll was for the woman.

/sigh, I know OOC what is happening upstairs.. but IC wise at this moment Fistar would only be unease about the sailor creeping up the stairs. I think.

[roll1]

((OMG.... a 1!!!!! /shakes his head, those people upstairs are so dead.))

Edonil
2007-09-09, 09:56 AM
KELZIR
(I map, still hidden, still mine, and ain't no pirate stealing my booty! Mangooooo!)

Iniative [roll0]

Zarrae
2007-09-09, 09:58 AM
Zarraema:

Initiative [roll0]
(should be +1, Kelzir's player showed me! ...so, I should have a 16 <nods>)

Bunny~
2007-09-09, 10:53 AM
Etsia

The white fox had stopped. It was sniffing the air dubiously, its ears flicking to catch any suspicious sound. Etsia caught up with it, out of breath, but instead of reaching toward the totem animal she stopped in her tracks, her long elven ears mimicking the fox's reaction. Something is wrong.

The fox emitted a low growl. The wild elf druid tried to squint into the growing shadows of the dream alleyway, but couldn't see anything. Was that a twig breaking under a foot, a sound of steps? But from where? The fox was growling louder, and suddenly it sprang around and leaped at her, sharp small teeth sinking into her wrist in a warning.

Etsia bolted upright, her eyes snapped open. Strangers with weapons drawn. Enemies. The wild elf more or less dropped out of the bed as she lunged toward her weapons, grabbing her spear and standing up, trying to scoot toward the tall woman. As soon as she was standing, she shrieked. It was a hawk-sound of danger, a reflexive warning.

[roll0]

If she did too much in her free action, just tell me what to cut and edit and I'll do so. If the shriek doesn't get edited, the hawk should wake up -- not to mention the sound might possibly alarm Fistar. <.<

bluenihil
2007-09-09, 11:16 AM
Jessamyn

Having been awake and listening for Fistar, the creeping intrusion was expected. However, the actual creepers...

She acted instinctively. Feet hooked beneath the sheath of the greatsword that lay across the end of her bed, and she pulled it to her as she drew her legs beneath her. Grabbing the hilt, she stood and braced her stance on the cushiony mattress, flinging the scabbard free. The long blade gleamed in the orange light from the hall. She fixed her gaze on the closest assailant.

"THIEF!" she bellowed at the top of her lungs. No fear, no girly scream; the moral outrage and battlefield volume of a Tormite paladin.

*crosses fingers*
Intimidate (Demoralize Opponent): [roll0]

bluenihil
2007-09-09, 11:19 AM
Jessamyn

((Forgot initiative!))

Initiative: [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-10, 06:36 PM
Precombat round:

Pirate 4: The dirty pirate with a balding head hid under a bandana tied in the back and a missing eye with empty socket stared at jessamyn as his greasy hand sliced his cutlass toward her.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Pirate 3: THe long haired man with a fire red mustache lunged toward the almost nude elf with a club. The wood was coated with dried blood and looked as if it had been used many a time to brain a sleeping innocent.
[roll2]
[roll3]

Pirate 2: Seeing the two dark elves this tall skinny privateer hooked a hand around Kelzir's leg and attempted to grapple him.
"Grab the beetch, Let us find it an be gone!"the tall pirate hisses.
[roll4]
((If that succeeded on your base AC {because you're nekkid} flat footed, no dex, then on your next round we both roll grapple rolls, if yours is higher, you break the grapple, if the pirate's next grapple roll is higher, you two be scrappin bare handed yyeeeehaw!)) and no Attack of Opportunity from the grapple attempt, since you all were surpised and nekkid.

Pirate 1: "Aye-Aye, Cap'n." Hearing his leader's words, The fatter, striped shirt pirate with a missing ear and thre teeth grin a almost creepy smile at the naked female dark elf and he lunges at her swinging a club.
[roll5]
[roll6]

Initiative: Round 1

Kelzir: 21
Jessamyn: 20
Pirate 4: 20
pirate 3: 19
Fistar: 18
Zarraema: 16
Etsia: 8
Pirate 2: 7
Pirate 1: 5
Pirate 5: 5

((Kelzir start us off.))

Jeggred Von
2007-09-10, 06:38 PM
The 20 on Etsia is a critical possible..rolling the confirmation

[roll=crit]1d20+1[roll]
[roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-10, 06:40 PM
The 20 on Etsia is a critical possible..rolling the confirmation

[roll0]
[roll1]

ooc:bunny, if this hits you also, then add the two dmg up together..it's a crit..if it doesn't hit, just take the 4 dmg from the first one, ignoring this dmg.

Edonil
2007-09-10, 07:24 PM
KELZIR

The hand around his ankle galvanizes him into motion, bringing his other leg around in an attempt at kicking the off-handed pirate in the side of his head.

Attack with a kick: [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-10, 07:28 PM
((roll your d3 for dmg))

lethal or non?

Edonil
2007-09-10, 07:39 PM
KELZIR

Have you ever known a drow to be anything BUT lethal?
However, I'm currently unarmed ... so I'm not sure how that plays out. You're going to have to make that call. The rules are still unfamiliar to me.
If it's really up to me .. the jerk's gonna die.

DAMAGE ROLL: [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-10, 07:43 PM
(lethal it is..check the ooc thread in case.)

Round1
Kelzir: 21 -done
Jessamyn: 20 +

Jessamyn is up.

bluenihil
2007-09-10, 10:17 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin shouted, "Behind me!" at Etsia as she brought the greatsword to bear and stabbed it down at the pirate who had stabbed the wild elf. She intended to take both pirates on while sheltering the smaller woman.

Attack on Pirate 3: [roll0]
Damage (if applicable): [roll1] --I think that's right, +3 strength bonus...

Jeggred Von
2007-09-10, 11:52 PM
The filthy bandana pirate (4) pauses and isn't sure what it is he is supposed to do, noticing that the female who was sleeping a second ago, is not standing on her bed swinging a sword almost as tall as he is. He looks from he filthy friend back to the door, then takes a step back..
*Holding Action*

The Third pirate took a heavy swing at the elf and slammed the club into her shoulder with a solid hit, not breaking anything, and seeing the elf stil;l using the arm to scramble behind Jessamyn, the pirate took a step forward, not noticing the paladin swinging at him. He got his cutlass up in time to block the tip of the greatsword to cut a deep gash into his face. The fear laden grimace made the pirate stagger back and backpedal to stand at his friend's side, reevaluating their current plan of attack.
*Holding Action.*

Round1
Kelzir: 21 -done
Jessamyn: 20 -done
Pirate 4: 20 -done
pirate 3: 19 -done

The Bartender washes a mug with a dirty rag and looks up to the sailor. Then the tender looks to Fistar and shrugs.
"Aye, we got a few up there, single rooms near your ro-"

"THIEF!" Fistar hears the paladin's voice scream from the far end of the hallway.

The bartender looks over to the door and sees his half orc bouncer carrying a drunken merchant out of the front doors. The half orc turns and looks to the stairs, then back to the tender confused.('uh, should I do this..or handle that?')

OOC: ((Fistar, it'll take you one round to get through the taproom and to the top of the stairs...if you decide to.))

Tsol
2007-09-11, 10:09 AM
Fistar

The roar of "THIEF" reverbrated from above, Fistar glanced around quickly to make sure no one was pointing at him. With a sigh of relief he glanced at the woman and stepped away towards the stair case, "Sorry Love, but that sounded like a friend of mine. " grins slyly, "Maybe we can meet up a bit later." He then bounded up the stairs, arming himself with is dagger and rapier. He reached the top of the stairway and looked down the hallway to see the afore mentioned sneaking sailor standing look out.
He slide his body to the wall of the hallway in an attempt to have a small profile and hopefully hide in the shadows. He then glanced back to the stairs to see if anyone was following as well.

[roll0]

((seems like I did a lot of action here... I know you said one round, up to you, if you think it should be more with the actions I've taken.))

Jeggred Von
2007-09-12, 04:56 PM
Fistar: it's fine. good work.

Zarraema's turn.

Zarrae
2007-09-12, 06:34 PM
Zarraema:

Stunned into a moment of inaction at the sudden intrusion, she almost let the sweaty, half-rotting brute get too close. Her state of undress never crossed her mind as she silently thanked Eilistraee for being with her, giving her the wherewithal to duck her head and shoulders under the dirty club. Reversing her momentum in a blink, she stood back up, attempting to place her elbow in his solar plexus, fully intent upon killing her attacker.

(Using this, until you tell me otherwise, Boss)
Elbow to Pirate 1 Solar Plexus:
[roll0]

Damage if it lands:
[roll1]

Bunny~
2007-09-13, 03:32 AM
Etsia

Etsia squeaked as the club slammed into her shoulder, making her take several steps with the momentum, just to keep her footing and not fall down. She moved to stand behind the tall woman as instructed, and did her best to ignore the pain, concentrating on the spell to make the pain lessen. She held the spear with the hand of the injured arm, making a small gesture with the other, breathing the words of the healing spell out in an exhale. She touched the injured shoulder and sighed in relief as the healing energy lessened the pain a little.

Casting Cure Minor Wounds on herself, +1 hit point. Due to the lack of RPG Web Profiler, noting down here that she has 8 maximum hit points, got hit for 4 hp, now recovered 1. Present hp: 5 hp.

Jeggred Von
2007-09-13, 01:01 PM
The cap'n(1) who had Kelzir's leg but was made to let go, and the other one chasing Zaraema(2) both turned as a whistle is heard in the hallway. Without warning they both ran out of the room into the hallway, disengaging.

"Blast it...next time Dirt elves." was all that was said.

((the dark elf room is empty..the girl's room still has pirates.))

Fistar: You see one of the pirates seem to turn and look , not at you, but down your direction at your end of the hallway. He whistles and two most pirates sporting weapons come running from the room. the three move about 2 doors away from the dark elves room and head off into another room's doorway on the right side of the hall.(H8) Before entering the room, the last one throws a small bag which lands no more than 5 feet from your hidden location.(f12)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/centaur04.jpg

Round 2

Edonil
2007-09-15, 03:58 PM
KELZIR
(still have the map, safe and sound at my neck, I told you ain't no pirate steeling my booty.)

Kelzir rolled off the end of bed, following the momentum created by his kick. The two within the room fled, a shrill whistle being heard. Obviously the scalawag that had tried to grab him felt that perhaps physical contact with an irritated drow, even one that is a slave, might not be prudent.

He spun as to look out of the doorway, noticing the large woman with the sword bearing down on her foe. Both of them seemed to be backpedaling, desperately trying to get out of range of her weapon. The small one was concealing herself quite well behind the sword swinging siren of slashing. As the two filthy scum, he released a spell he'd been holding in reserve to give the large woman a chance to capture one of their attackers.

Spell roll to determine "difficulty" resisting Daze: [roll0]

bluenihil
2007-09-15, 07:48 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin held her position on the bed, blade extended in such a way as to menace both pirates. She heard the whistle and the scuttle of running steps from outside but did not look away from her opponents; she could only hope the drow were still well, and that angered her.

Rather than attack, she glared at the two pirates that stood indecisively before her.

"Breaking-in and assault. You are already caught; lay down your weapons before you add more crimes to the list and you will be dealt with fairly."

Her voice was firm and deadly serious.

I don't know if that would be a Bluff roll (though it's not a bluff as far as she's concerned) or Charisma or something, so...I'll just let it stand without a roll.

Jess is holding the rest of her action to parry. I can do that now... I think a parry roll is like a normal attack roll? If not, um...will reroll when I know what it is.

[roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-19, 01:42 PM
The fourth pirate turns to the door spotting his captain and one other leave the dark elven room, then quickly looks back to you and takes a 5 foot step toward the door. He spits at you and then turns and runs down the hallway.
(runs to G6)

The third Pirate sees this and attempts to run past Jessamyn's reach and get to the doorway as well.

Jessamyn: You get an attack of Opportunity, hereafter called an AoO. You get "One Free internets Attack." Roll and type out the attack, he is going right in front of you as he runs by.

And the roll, for your shouting statements..is INTIMIDATION.
And yes you can go "total Defense" and get a +4 to Dodge for the next round or until you're done being "total defense.

Fistar: As you see the random thug/pirate toss a bag at you, it slumps to the floor, and nothing more happens. You notice the door open again andas the dor opens, another thug comes running out of YOUR room! You can hear jessamyn shouting something , coming from the room and the sounds of a struggle. The escaping thug/pirate is running towards the now open door.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/centaur05.jpg

Round 2

bluenihil
2007-09-19, 04:53 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin's green eyes narrowed slightly and she stepped forward on the bed, planting her bare feet for stability on the softish surface. With a slight motion of hands and wrists, she adjusted her grip on the greatsword to present the flat of the blade, then swung it hard at the pirate trying to pass by. As her blade had been interposed between the position of the two pirates, it did not take much motion to do so.

Attack of Opportunity -- Subdual -- Pirate 3: [roll0]

Damage (if applicable): [roll1]

And good to know that's all Intimidation, thanks.

Tsol
2007-09-19, 05:38 PM
Fistar

Fistar grimaced as he watched the thugs leave his room, he had vision of destroyed furniture and damaged done to the rooms and wondered how much the inn owner will charge for damages. These visions then turned to that of silver coins slowly flying away and out of his reach.
Fistar sheathed his rapier, he drew out a dart and threw it at the last thug leaving HIS room after throwing the dart he stepped back away from the bag and drew out his rapier again.

[rollv=Attack]1d20+2[rollv]

[rollv=Damage]1d4[rollv]

((not sure where the bag is but I want to be at least one square seperating myself and the bag.))

Tsol
2007-09-19, 05:40 PM
Fistar

[roll0]

[roll1]

((Bah for forgetting the slashes.. anyways place Fistar at F12.))

Jeggred Von
2007-09-19, 05:57 PM
The third pirate thought of nothing but escape, with the flat of her blade, Jessamyn smashed his nose sideways across his cheek. as his feet kept running, but his head and body staying behind the smached node and flattened blade, the pirate fell to the floor, onto his back, screaming as he held his face. (prone)

The fourth pirate came around the cornerEscaping the room, and saw Fistar, but didn't see the dart until it was too late, the dart his it's target, but caught the billowy shirt under te pirate's punping arm and bit no flesh. The pirate's wide eyes calmed as he felt nothing harm him, he continued to try to get to his ally holding the door open for his dart pierced friend.

Round 2

Zarrae
2007-09-21, 02:11 PM
Zarraema:

Irritated at missing her mark, the drowish priestess shook the attack off and strode over to her things. As she grasped for her bastardsword, she glanced over her shoulder to ensure Kelzir's safety and breathed a silent prayer to the Goddess that he seemed unharmed.

Without another blink of hesitation, she drew her blade and moved toward their companions' room - stark naked; black skin shimmering in the moonlight, when it touched her. Could it have been our fault that the brutes attacked? They wanted something...

((If that's too much action, let me know. Since Kelzir's spell failed, there's really nothing left to do but go check on the others. Hehe.))

Bunny~
2007-09-21, 05:13 PM
Etsia:

Etsia didn't waste time as she saw the pirate fall. She hopped down from her safe spot behind the tall woman's back and grabbed her spear better. Apparently the tall woman didn't want to kill the man, so the druid also used the spear more like a staff instead of a piercing weapon, attempting to whack the man straight between his legs with the blunt end. "Teaches you to hurt little women," she hissed.

Attacking pirate 3, who is on the ground. Yes, in the nuts. Subdual, extremely painful damage if hit. ...what? He hit her first! For half her health! She's angry! (Adding +4 to attack and damage because the pirate is 'prone' and Jegg told me to! +1 is her normal strength bonus.)

[roll0]

Damage if applicable:
[roll1]

Bunny~
2007-09-21, 05:19 PM
...and I roll 1. There is a god of pirates, and he doesn't want the man's nuts mashed. So... rolling again to determine if I fumbled and like... speared myself in the eye or something. *headdesks*

[roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-21, 06:23 PM
You swing out at the prone pirate holding his mashed face and the tip of your spear and go to swing toward the man. with the hustle of jumping behind the defending paladin and the rumping tof the bed, the spear got tangled within the sheets of the bed, making your shot miss horribly. yanking the spear free the tip of the spear comes awfully close to your own leg, but you right it in time, hurting no one....including yourself.

Jeggred Von
2007-09-21, 06:29 PM
Pirate 2: movement
Porate 1: Movement

Pirate 5: Holding the door he turns and looks to Fistar, spotting the man who he heard coming up the stairs earlier. Hissing at the elf through black and rotted teeth, the pirate digs into his belt and spins his body around the door, facing you fully, his arm trailing last, using the momentum to whip a dagger towards Fistar.
[spoiler][roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Round 3**NEW ROUND**

Jeggred Von
2007-09-21, 06:33 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/centaur06.jpg

Edonil
2007-09-22, 10:17 AM
KELZIR
(I still gotta map at me neck, pirate ain't stolen me booty)

Kelzir quickly drew his dagger and rapier from the items he'd left near the bed as he'd removed his attire for his Mistress. With graceful steps, he followed her, keeping his body interposed between Zarraema and the direction those ruffians had beat a hasty retreat in. Should any of the varlets choose to attack from range, he would be sure to be standing between his Mistress and danger.

As naked as the woman he used his body to shield, the only difference in attire was the glimmering collar against the inky black skin at his neck. The mark of his station, wasn't some hideous iron clamp. The workmanship of it was carefully done and subtle, made to be hidden to a casual observer. Etchings of dancing figures could be seen on the carefully hinged pieces. On the central lock, where normally the hideous symbol of a drow house would be, there was an image of a woman dancing in front of the moon while bearing a sword.

Entirely unconcerned for his state of undress before the other two women, his lithe and toned form catching what moonlight struck it. He stood with his knees slightly bent and on his toes, ready to move in an instant. His impressive, for a male drow, five foot height bearing the cruel looking weapons of the Underdark. The man on the floor seemed to be immobile, but there were still others in the hallway dividing his attention to ensure a renewed assault from behind didn't occur.

bluenihil
2007-09-22, 11:28 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin wavered. She wanted to pursue the pirate who had fled -- and those who had assaulted her companions and also fled -- but there was the man she had laid out, still groaning on the floor. Stepping down carefully from the bed, she placed the edge of her greatsword against his neck.

"Surrender now and repent of your villainous life, or force me to drag you before the justice of the city... Your choice, sir. I suggest you make it swiftly."

Jeggred Von
2007-09-24, 12:29 AM
OOC: Kelzir and Jessamyn= you two just doing free actions this round, not any movements or attacks?

Just asking before I have the pirates move/act.

bluenihil
2007-09-24, 12:50 AM
((Free action yes, holding to parry if Pirate 3 tries anything, of course. If possible. Though if Pirate 3 surrenders and she can still move, she'll do so. ....just no running off before he's given up properly. *shakes fist*))

Jeggred Von
2007-09-25, 05:18 AM
Pirate 4: The pirate sneers and runs past his friend into the open door. Escaping and dissapearing into the room.

Pirate 3 Rolls around on the floor, the blood stain on the front of his shirt still slowly growing. " Do yer werst wench. by brotha will ged me. Den de'll ged you." His speech is almost humorous sounding from the broken nose and the blood trickling down his throat. His hand slowly reaches for his belt.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/centaur07.jpg

Round 3**NEW ROUND**

Tsol
2007-09-25, 11:12 AM
Fistar

Fistar watched his dart pass thru the shirt of the pirate just barely missing him, and then he deftly dodge the dagger that was thrown at him.

"Is that the best that you can do ?" he taunted the man. "My sister can throw better than that."

With a burst of speed and dodging the bag that was on the ground, the wood elf charged the man,attempting to slam the door with his shoulder, hoping to catch him with the door itself to send him flying.

Not sure what to roll for bashing the door.. hmm I'm just going to use my strength modifier.

[roll0]

bluenihil
2007-09-25, 11:58 PM
Jessamyn

"No, you will not receive my worst. You will receive what you deserve. Add to your crimes and you shall only add to your punishment."

The paladin kept her blade close to the man's face, the threat obvious. Never glancing away, she said, "Etsia? If you would disarm the recalcitrant man, so that we might avoid further complications. I would like to aid our companions as soon as possible."

Bunny~
2007-09-26, 01:21 PM
Etsia

Etsia nodded and leaned down to disarm the pirate, throwing the dagger from his belt onto the bed. Then she poked him with her spear to the side. "Turn."

While the pirate rolled to his stomach, she unwrapped a leather strap from her wrist that she used as a bracer and then hopped to sit on top of the pirate to bind his hands together with it. Then she set the spearhead against the back of the pirate's neck and growled. "Don't move." She poked him with the spear, just enough to draw blood as a warning.

Jeggred Von
2007-09-26, 05:12 PM
Fistar slammed hard intothe door. shoulder lowered and jammed the door forward. The pirate barely saw the rogue's intention and dove into the room, trying to get away from the door. He was a bit late. The door's edge and handl slammed into his hip as he flew by, the ankle of the closest leg cracked with a sickening sound as the force of Fistar's shoulder slammed the door closed.

A scream and yell inside was followed quickly by the sound of a wooden beam sliding across the door's inside. Fistar's charging slam came to a stumbling stop at G6.

Tsol
2007-09-27, 03:19 PM
Fistar

"Bah.. you dimwits trapped yourself in your own room. " Fistar shooked his head in disgust. Keeping an eye on the door to the room, where the thugs had disappeared into, he then called out behind him, "Are you guys OK?"

Jeggred Von
2007-09-27, 03:40 PM
The sound of screeching is heard loudly through the window as the hawk hovers just outside the sill and looking down to the alley below.
Shadowy images of three beings climbing down a drainpipe and one limping away as fast as possible can barely be seen.

((*Combat over*))

Bunny~
2007-09-27, 04:02 PM
Etsia

Etsia blinked and looked toward the window at the hawk-shriek. She wavered between going to check what it was and keeping the pirate still.

"Jessamee-een!" Her voice was almost as high-pitched as the hawk's. "The hawk says there's danger outside, look what it is!"

bluenihil
2007-09-27, 05:44 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin stopped in midstride, looking from the door to Etsia to the window beyond. A tic appeared under one eye at the thought of more trouble, then with a sharp nod to the tiny elf she turned and strode by to peek cautiously out the window.

Spot check! [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-09-28, 01:03 AM
You spot the remainder of the pirate thugs escaping, down the alleyway, the rear one limping on a near broken ankle.

bluenihil
2007-09-28, 11:58 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin scowled and turned away, striding toward the hall and the commotion she knew was ongoing out there. On the way she gave Etsia a nod of appreciation for her spotting.

Sticking her head out into the hall, the paladin called to her companions and whatever gawkers might have joined, "The miscreants have escaped, I saw them fleeing down the alley. But we captured one."

She nodded back into her room.

Tsol
2007-09-28, 06:39 PM
Fistar
"Ahh it is a good thing that they ran, " He smiled at the paladin as he walked towards the room, "I wouild have beaten them to a pulp." he grinned, "I'm sure they took one look at me and decided that it wasn't worth my wrath."

Fistar's eyes widen briefly at the two naked dark elves, "I would put on some clothes on before we have some company from downstairs come up," he took a closer look at the female dark elf, "Mind you.... " his voice trails off as he finally noticed the trussed up pirate on the ground, "Oh my, I see you have captured one of them. The poor bastard looks like he's had his faced beat in, " he chuckled and then commenced to go thru his pockets, "Just making sure he doesn't have any hidden surprises. " He grinned.

Palming coins if he can.

[roll0]

Zarrae
2007-09-29, 10:09 AM
Zarraema:

Dark lips pursed themselves together in irritation, "All is well, here. I'm unaware of anything that was removed and neither Kelzir nor myself are injured."

She slid the sword back into its baldric and shrugged on her cloak. She lowered her voice and spoke to Kelzir in Under-Common, "You are alright, Kelzir?"

With the cloak wrapped around her, she peered back out of her doorway and reverted to common speech, "Are all of you uninjured?"

Edonil
2007-09-29, 10:15 AM
KELZIR
(I still got da maaa-aaaap)

He watched all the events unfold, the interlopers had been run off. Their companion still bemoaning and cursing his fate on the floor. The look he saw from the rogue caused him to narrow his eyes slightly as he flipped the dagger in his hand, the rapier tip still toward the floor.

He turned slightly, to bow at Zarraema's query. "Yes, Mistress, all is well. But I still see too much blood from the small one there." He pointed, raising a finger off the hilt of the dagger to indicate Etsia.

Bunny~
2007-09-29, 10:18 AM
Etsia

"Hit me in the shoulder." Etsia muttered and poked the pirate with her spear for good measure, still sitting on him, her shoulder and arm showing indeed considerable amount of bruising, dark against the tanned skin. "But then Jessameen smashed his face!" Her declaration was joyful, and delivered with an approving grin at the tall woman.

bluenihil
2007-09-29, 12:14 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin showed no similar enthusiasm for her attack, but nodded sternly to the little wild elf in acknowledgment of it.

She cast a glance to the two dark elves, eyes widening just a bit at their state of address, then looked away quickly. Nothing to blush over, but it would be impolite to stare.

"I am uncertain of the security of this place now, as they likely have allies nearby. And this one--" She indicated the captured pirate. "--will need to be taken before the local law."

Bunny~
2007-09-29, 01:04 PM
Etsia

Etsia nodded enthusiastically. "Then their Chief can smash his face, too."

She stood up, wincing a little at the pain in the shoulder now that the adrenaline was beginning to wear off. She climbed back to the big bed and sat down in the middle of the nesting blankets, whispering the spell to heal the bruises, running her fingers lightly over the hurt area.

Casting Cure Light Wounds on herself, rolling for healed point amount.
[roll0]

Zarrae
2007-09-30, 10:35 AM
Zarraema:

Still carrying her sheathed bastard sword, and with her cloak ... mostly covering her lack of clothing, Zarraema strode toward Etsia with a faint frown. Laying her baldric and sword down on the bed, she reached out and then stopped dead, giving the Druidess a steady, violet-eyed look, "Would you permit my assistance, little one?"

Bunny~
2007-09-30, 12:27 PM
Etsia:

Etsia blinked up and then grinned and shook her head. Then she shook her arm, moving it to show it was working again, the bruise vanished under the druid's healing spell. "No need. It's fine again."

She hopped down from the bed and then looked the cloaked naked drow over, from toes to tips of her ears. "If I get mashed again today, I'll need help though. All out of healing spells for tonight. So you're a healer of some sort?"

Zarrae
2007-09-30, 12:40 PM
Zarraema:

Tall for a Drow, with the black skin tone that typified her people, she endured the examination without modesty. Something behind her violet eyes spoke of more than the cold, cruelty of the Underdark.

"...a priestess, Little One, saved from the depths by a ..friend and given a purpose by Eilistraee."

Edonil
2007-09-30, 01:59 PM
KELZIR
(still gotz da maa-aap)

He started to relax slightly, the immediate danger now passed. Still unconcerned and completely immodest for his lack of attire, he was thoughtful. He looked down at the large woman's captive, his mind turning. There were several things that would be good knowing.

1. How had they known of the map, unless it was meant for them? It's possible Fistar's mouth had been the trouble, speaking around the matter. But that was doubtful. Which meant something else, that one of those in the Temple of Torm had given them away.

2. How had they known that his Mistress had been in possession of it? The ones who had invaded their room had clearly known, apparently. While Fistar kept asking his Mistress about it, still it was dubious that was the cause. This brought him back to the Temple itself. And the possibility that there was somebody there who had given it away.

3. What was it going to lead them to? Pirates, those were the culprits. But that didn't mean anything at all. They could have been hired by others. Again, this would point to a culprit in the Temple while they had been there.

They'd stepped foot into something much larger than just trying to survive in a new and hostile land. There were things at work here much larger than any they had imagined. The ones in the common room had mentioned factions, he wondered if they had chosen the correct side.

He looked over to his Mistress, his deep but quiet voice interrupting other conversations. "Mistress, with your leave. But there may be a few things we should discuss with our companions. Since it seems we're going to have daggers flung at our backs now."

Bunny~
2007-09-30, 08:07 PM
Etsia

Recognizing the name of Eilistraee as one of the good gods and making the link between the stories of the surface-drow who tried to be good and the name of the goddess, the druid nodded in approval. She reached to pat Zarraema's arm.

"Good. But my name is Etsia. Not 'Little One'." She turned to look at Kelzir. "What things?"

Jeggred Von
2007-10-01, 01:17 AM
The sounds of many footsteps echoed down the hall into your rooms. Three large humans and the bartender, all weilding weapons stormed up tot he endo fo the hall. The three large humans smashed into the pirate's room and searched it. The bartender came up to tyou all and was momentarily taken aback at the semi naked dark elves.

"I came as soon as I heard the commotion. I sent for the Watch. They should be here soon. is everyone allright?"

The tender waved his slightly rusty mace around, looking in the nooks and crannies of the rooms.

Tsol
2007-10-01, 06:05 PM
Fistar

Fistar grins at the bartender, "I scared them off, I did, into that room your bruiser's are bashing in, " he chuckled. "Is there a reward for capturing this guy? " he asked as he gave a swift kick to the side of the pirate, and grumbles under his breath of the lack of gold on him.

The wood elf then smiled as another thought crossed his mind, "By the way, is that cute half elf downstairs still around. It was quite rude for me to run off like that. It reminds of the time when... " Fistar continued talking about a woman he met at another bar, and how he eventually got her to his bed, to find out that it was a man... "... you wouldn't believe how shocking that was to poor little me... " he sighed.

kick damage non-lethal
[roll0]

Edonil
2007-10-01, 06:25 PM
KELZIR
(( My map! Mine! Mine! All mine!))

Kelzir stood silently, the appearance of the keeper and his goons, oh so convenient now that the altercation was over. He frowned to himself, keeping his opinions quiet. Once again the blithering of Fistar was overrunning himself. Kelzir sighed softly.

At the question to the small elf, he merely mouthed the word "later" and turned a dagger point to indicate the men in the room.

Zarrae
2007-10-01, 06:28 PM
Zarraema:

The priestess gave the little Druidess a faint smile at the pat - one of the first times anyone had touched her kindly, aside from her former slave. "Etsia."

At the advent of the armed 'guards' from downstairs, she simply rose and flipped the edge of her cloak over one shoulder, uncarring for her lack of attire or the Wood Elf's blabbering, "All are currently unharmed. Your Watch - will they take the prisoner? Will we have a moment to speak with him?"

bluenihil
2007-10-01, 07:07 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin frowned at Fistar's behavior -- the babbling subject-matter, the claims, the kick to the bound and helpless man -- and so she moved to place herself between the rogue and the pirate without any particular pretense at subtlety. Greatsword balanced across one shoulder, and taking care not to whack anyone accidentally with it, she looked to the bartender and his enforcers and nodded.

"Yes, we seem to be recovered, though this one did assault a member of our company. I will give a report on what I witnessed to the Watch when they come. I apologize, I believe this man is bleeding on your floor."

Bunny~
2007-10-01, 09:32 PM
Etsia

Etsia nodded at the male dark elf, then turned to look at the other men in the room, trying her best to drown out the chittery sounds the wood elf was making.

"He hit me with a club." She nodded and pointed at the tied-up pirate. "But I healed myself already." She nodded again, obviously deciding that the case was closed with that.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-02, 01:03 AM
The bartender looked your group over, making sure he didn't need to call for any clerics. happy that noone lost their life in his Inn...tonight, he sighed and lowered his weapon.

"Aye lass, the Watch will come and confiscate him, but..if'n you and yer people want to hold him until they arrive, I can close yer door...and leave two guards outside the door, until they arrive." The bartender smiled evilly to the paladin and then to the dark elves.

Either way he motions his armed helpers out of the room and into the hall, where they wait for the bartender.

"Your choice, ladies and sirs. And uh, don't be worryin about the blood. I can send Gerte up here ta clean it up. as long as it doesn't bother you, the mess won't bother me. i'm just glad none of ye were hurt is all."

Zarrae
2007-10-02, 04:45 PM
Zarraema:

Still clad in nothing but her traveling cloak (which she'd shrugged behind her shoulders), the Drowish priestess waited for the strangers to leave before making a move. Reflexively, she returned the Innkeeper's wicked grin with what she hoped appeared equally as vicious.

Once the strangers had gone, she strode in front of the prisoner and looked down at him with a dead-blank expression - legs apart, slightly, hands folded behind her back, and attempting as commanding a pose as possible. Her bastard sword remained sheathed and the baldric she grasped, horizontally behind her back, so that the tip and hilt were visible on either side of her.

Without intending for so much as one iota of emotion to leak into her voice, stance, or expression, she addressed the captive pirate, "Why was your party in our rooms? What were you looking for?"

((Not sure what to roll here, so... going for intimidate <winces>
[roll0]
If I'm wrong, Jeggy, let me know.))

EDIT: Oh.. EM... GEEEE! Zarraema is about as intimidating as a rolley polley!

Edonil
2007-10-02, 04:54 PM
KELZIR
(( **hordes his map, petting it** My preeesciouuuus. ))

Kelzir slid around the man, so he was behind him. He leaned the hilt of his rapier against his leg for a moment, making quick gestures to his Mistress. Without a word, he wrapped his hand around the hilt once more. Just waiting for the man to do something stupid.

Tsol
2007-10-03, 09:53 AM
Fistar

The wood elf backed up a bit from the the paladin, giving her a wry lopsided grin. He listened to the exchange from the guard and inn keeper and nodded in understanding.

He chuckled slightly at the drows attempt at questioning the would be attacker.

"I've heard that you drows were good at gathering information in nefarious ways, but I've never knew it was so simple as just asking nicely, " he grinned. "You know, I think a little more persuasion is probably needed, in this situation. "

He deftly stepped around Jessamyn and bringing out his dagger the wood elf knelt down and viciously grabbed the pirate's hair pulling his head back he placed the dagger against his throat and gleefully said, "Answer the drow, scumbag, or I'll open another mouth for you, " he smiled happily at the pirate.

[roll0]

Bunny~
2007-10-03, 11:06 AM
Etsia

"You're doing it all wrong. First you ask a question and say 'or else'. Then when they don't, then you do the else-bit. Not start with the else before they've said 'not gonna tell you'."

The druid shook her head. The tribe sometimes caught intruders. Usually they didn't bother asking questions, though. Why would they be interested in why there were strangers in their territory, anyway? Intruders came, intruders died. Just like robbers barged in and robbers had their faces smashed in.

Tsol
2007-10-03, 12:55 PM
Fistar

Fistar looked at the wild elf, "What's the fun in that, what if he answered right away, I wouldn't get the chance to threaten him then, this way he knows right away, " he giggles to himself.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-03, 01:05 PM
The pirate listened to the group discuss the proper course of action to torment him. With a face covered in blood, and a sickening blood-filled snort when he inhaled, he curled his legs up a bit and leaned on one elbow, using his bandana to wipe off his face, which had fear plastered across it more than his nose.

"The map! You all stole our map ye did. 'Twas hidden in the temple until our Cap'n could get out of the dungeon of Gothmoor's Watch. He's out and ye stole it a day before we planned on walking in and getting it."

He seemed to gather a bit of courage as he spoke, watching the rest of the group bicker amongst themselves.

"Ye don't know what ye carry, and Cap'n intends on making sure he gets the map from ye. I'll say no more." He seemed genuinely intimidated, but smiled regardless of the fact , happy with how he put the group's current predicament.

The faint sound of a Watch Whistle is heard through the open window and you see Etsia's hawk look up, skyward, then immediately dart inside and almost hide in the corner of the room, landing on a backpack for a low perch.

Bunny~
2007-10-03, 01:34 PM
Etsia

Etsia forgot about the pirate and the rest of the room the moment her hawk flew in. She made a querying sound and approached the nervous bird carefully to brush her fingers over the feathers. The hawk let out some distressed alarming sounds and refused to be soothed.

The druid moved slowly toward the window, watching the skies. "...it's a predator-alarm..."

bluenihil
2007-10-03, 05:05 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin frowned severely down at Fistar as he bypassed her, and watched his actions closely. The threat made her scowl, but as the pirate babbled it seemed that Fistar's promised violence would not bear fruit so she decided to let it pass. For now.

She had only a moment to ponder the new knowledge before the hawk flitted in. Wary, Jessamyn moved to station herself between the others and the window just in case. While the situation seemed well in hand, one could never be entirely sure.

Tsol
2007-10-03, 05:59 PM
Fistar

"Bah map, " Fistar commented as he stood up and sheath his dagger away, He was tempted to do another swift kick at the prone figure, but saw the paladin looking disapprovingly at him, he smiled weakly at her and shrugged.

He was about to comment on the state of the affairs of the pirates mother and her profound disappointment in her son. When the hawk flew in with some distress.

The wild elf comment about the hawks call being a predator alarm, brought his attention to the window, closely following the paladin.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-04, 04:09 AM
Three Giant bats, the size of small sloops, beat their wings as they land ,with rider in tow, onto the roof. The sounds of the armored men dismounting from the monsterous bats walk across the thick roof and begin walking around.

The sound of people shuffling about downstairs lets you know people cleared out as the sound of metal armor clanking on itself makes it's way up the stairs.

Zarrae
2007-10-04, 05:25 AM
Zarraema:

A frown of concern at the sound of the hawk drew her out of her musings. With a quick gesture to Kelzir, she turned towards the door, only then realizing that she should probably speak with their companions, "We should be armored when they arrive."

Without so much as waiting for a response, she slipped out the door, ignoring the guards outside, and into the room she'd shared with Kelzir, fully intending to armor and re-arm herself before the Watch arrived.

Bunny~
2007-10-04, 09:54 AM
Etsia:

"They ride bats!" The druid peered up, her green eyes wide... with interest and astonishment more than actual fear. If they were riding the bats, it meant they were trained. "How clever!" She paused for a moment, craning her neck to try and see the big bats better. "...I wanna ride one, too."

Edonil
2007-10-04, 11:45 AM
KELZIR
((the watch ain't getting my map))

Other outsiders, and soon the person with an answer would be gone. He looked at the large woman with an equally large sword for a moment before quietly speaking.

"Perhaps we should find out HOW they had known of the document. Before our answer is taken away from us. The one reasonable possibility is that there was somebody on the inside, masquerading as a follower. It also seems possible, that they've been using that spot as means of passing information for a while."

His voice vanished, quietly as though it had never been. It was their decision to chose the course they took. He was only here for his Mistress. He flowed back into the room with Zarraema, to ensuring she was secure into her armor before donning his own with practiced ease.

bluenihil
2007-10-04, 07:45 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin tilted her head, hearing Kelzir's comment.

"Unless the sentence is execution, there should be sufficient time for my temple to speak with him and investigate as well. I will speak to the Watchmen to this end and make sure my temple is informed. We are not the ones to pry at internal affairs; we have our mission. But that is a wise observation. Thank you, Kelzir."

Tsol
2007-10-05, 01:55 PM
Fistar

Fistar sighed, he had a feeling that the half elf downstairs had probably left. So shrugging his shoulders he went to the bed by the door and plopped himself down. He placed his rapier at the foot of the bed and his dagger placed under his pillow. He then layed back against the headboard and folded his arms to watch the procedings.

Edonil
2007-10-05, 05:43 PM
KELZIR

He was completely impassive as the paladin dismissed the veiled warning. It was hard to understand why some of these people on the surface didn't see things behind the trappings that covered them. More people finding out about something that had brought them trouble, would only mean more difficulty along the way.

With a silent sigh, he finished pulling his armor on and turned back around. Guards, debatable people to trust at best. One set, one faction. Another set, another faction. Which would do them the least harm, that was the question. And to make matters worse, the woman with the sword obviously had been conditioned to absolutely trust those who she viewed as superiors.

Even a slave in the Underdark didn't trust their masters. No matter how valuable the slave was. At any moment, they could turn on them, use them to further their own ends or agenda, or just cast them aside. The woman trusted too easily, particularly a place she knew nothing of, and people that she didn't know.

He flicked his hand to Zarraema, fingers dancing in the silent language of the Deep Dark. "I think the big one trusts too easily, it might cause you difficulty, Mistress."

Zarrae
2007-10-05, 05:49 PM
Zarraema:

Using the same silent gestures and keeping as neutral an expression as possible, she returned, "Us, Kelzir. Us. And that is why I had us retrieve our things. I don't trust those that are coming. The Innkeep was too ready with his grin."

With a final adjustment to her cloak, she reached back to ensure that her bastard sword was loose in its baldric and that the tiny, simple dagger strapped to the small of her back would come easily, if needed. Without a word, and confident in the fact that Kelzir would not be far behind, she straightened her posture and strode across the hall. She would be ready for whatever "The Watch" was.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-08, 11:32 PM
The bootsteps approach and the two guards outside stiffen and move off to the other side of the hallway. Three armed Gothmoor Watch enter the hallway and approach the door to the room holding the pirate. The bartender was vulturing around the leader of the Watch, spouting the story and offering any and all help the watch could need. Seemingly bored and mainly ignoring the Tender, he holds a gauntleted hand up to silence the weasley tender and looks to the room.

The sharp eyes on the aged face looked the room over. He started with the Pirate, then the various members in this room. His eyes stopped on jessamyn as he spoke:

"My name is Captain Frenloche. What Happened here?"

bluenihil
2007-10-08, 11:59 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin straightened from her wary posture and slung her sword across her shoulder in the closest to a neutral pose she could get without the greatsword's sheath. Still in her nightclothes, with her long platinum braid still down from its usual combat-coil.

"Jessamyn Starwater, paladin of the temple of Torm, sir," she said briskly. "This miscreant--" A nod toward the pirate on the floor. "--and several others -- at least two, likely more -- crept into this room and that of our companions across the hall in the apparent attempt to rob us. This one and one other came into our room. Upon realizing that we were not asleep, this one struck my room-mate--" Indicating Etsia. "--and injured her, though she has mended herself now. There was some signal and they attempted to retreat, and I was forced to detain this one. It seems the others escaped out a window meanwhile. My companions would know more."

Bunny~
2007-10-09, 12:03 AM
Etsia:

Etsia ceased her bat-peering and blinked at the watch, then nodded at them, moving her arm a little to show that the shoulder was indeed healthy again. "All good now. Are you going to smash his face?"

Jeggred Von
2007-10-09, 01:53 AM
Captain Frenloche chuckled slightly and looked to the once injured wild elf. His old eyes looked back to the pirate and gave him a nudge with his spurred boot and cleared his throat.

"Is this true? Did you come in here and do bodily harm to this innocent?" His voice more solid, more gruff as he talked at the pirate.

"n-no. I didn't do no such thing! I was merely brought up here as a late night rendevous with the little one, and her big sister then jumped me from behind."

Before the paladin and the wild elf could reply to the thug's lies, a voice that sounded like wind chimes on a summer breeze came from the hallway.

"He lies. The females speak the truth."

A female dark elf, not one of your partners across the hall, walks into view at the entrance to the room. Her silver hair is briaded into seven thick braids running down to her back and silver and blue ribbon hold them in place. Her body is covered in layers of cloth and a small blue cape adorns her back. a tattoo sits on the left side of her face, in the shape of a crescent moon, colored white.

"Captain Frenloche, Take the man away. Let us not bother these women any more this evening. Jessamyn of Torm, if your church wishes to speak to this man, he will be held in the dungeon at the Spire. Feel free to send word, we will have him ready for any questions they may have. For now. I do not want anyone to bother you or your dark elven friends across the hall. let us leave you in peace." The woman gives a slow long bow and then turns and walks out. The two armed Watchmen pick up the now crying Pirate who seemed to have started wetting himself as they left the room and carried him down the hall. You hear the man mutter something between sobs about "graycloaks".

The room is now empty, the tender is back downstairs, the guards are gone and you are left alone, in your room.

Zarrae
2007-10-09, 06:04 AM
Zarraema:

Catching only a glimpse of the retreating backs of the strangers raised her ire and her concern a few degrees. She stepped through the door and folded her hands casually behind her back, giving the two women and the sleeping Wood Elf a careful, visual examination, "The prisoner is detained? There was no trouble?"

She was having some difficulty believing her own questions, having expected the worst from whomever "The Watch" was.

Bunny~
2007-10-09, 08:08 AM
Etsia:

Etsia nodded enthusiastically. "There was a moon-woman, she said he lies and Jessame-en is telling the truth, and said they're sorry and won't bother us further and went away."

This obviously being good enough for her, she went to check on her hawk, sitting on the bed and petting it with light fingers, making soothing sounds.

bluenihil
2007-10-09, 09:25 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin was frowning, pale brows drawn down slightly as she contemplated the recent events. At Zarraema's question, she shook herself from her thoughts and gave the drow woman a nod.

"As Etsia said, more or less. I will report this and Kelzir's suspicions to the Temple of Torm in the morning, but for now we should get what sleep we can. I would advise locking all windows and doors."

That said, she inclined her head politely to Zarraema and headed back to her bed, to set her sword across the foot of it in the prior position before heading to close and lock the windows.

Tsol
2007-10-09, 01:31 PM
Fistar

By the time Jessamyn, had gotten comfortable, in her cot, the rogue had drifted off into sleep, dreaming of gold coins, rubies and gems, his fingers gathering them all into his body.

Bunny~
2007-10-09, 03:34 PM
Etsia:

The little druid sighed faintly as the windows closed, but she understood the reason. Instead she just whispered soothing sounds to the hawk until it became drowsy, then nestled back into blankets herself.

She dreamed of the white fox chasing pirates down an alleyway, the tall paladin standing at the end of it, stopping them one by one with a well-aimed swing of the sword to the head. She clapped in her dream.

Edonil
2007-10-09, 05:25 PM
KELZIR
(( I will bear the ring ... I mean map. ))

He watched impassively, at the appearance of the other drow woman his mind sank into simple thoughts. Every dent, crease and joint of the floor he stood upon consumed his conscious mind. Nothing of who he was remained, only the floor and his desire to serve his Mistress.

Their footsteps, moving away, did not restore his consciousness. It wasn't until he heard the flap of wings that his mind returned to itself. Be all of a single thing, embrace it, become it, survival traits that had all served him well.

He followed Zarraema's movements, like an automaton during the time they were there. Staying close by in the event she may need his assistance. Only a single thought strayed as he "woke" up.

'Trust no one.'

Zarrae
2007-10-09, 05:35 PM
Zarraema:

Aware of the subtle change in Kelzir from her shadow to her mindless servant, she shifted between the desire to speak with the "moon woman" and the instinct to keep a distance. Finally, her curiosity and hope got the better of her.

"Then, we should all rest and be prepared for the morning," saw her out of the room. However, instead of continuing across the hallway to their room, she started towards the stairs and the unidentified Drowish woman with purposeful, confident steps. It wouldn't do, after all, to show doubt.

Who was this woman? One of the Moon Maiden's? One of the Queen's? The answer might seem obvious, save for the confusion they'd met since coming here. After all, what servant of the Queen would ever dare boldly display the Dark Lady's symbol?

Upon reaching the entourage, with Kelzir in tow, she inclined her head ever-so-slightly, and waited...

Edonil
2007-10-09, 05:40 PM
KELZIR
( It's a case of mind over map, I have no mind so there is no map )

He followed his Mistress, head lowered and eyes downcast. His collar hidden from view. As they moved down the hall, different switches were thrown in his head. Nearly returning to the blank slate it was before, his mind retreated. Only enough of it remained to sense a threat, to fill an order, or defend Zarraema.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-10, 04:08 PM
The female Drow looks over her shoulder and smiles. When she turns you can see the half moon tattoo on the side of her face. You can also see it was burned into her face at some point, then paint was applied to the scar as it is raised slightly. Her few braids of white hair move to the side as she runs her hand through her hair, placing it behind her ear.

"Ahh, the other two that were accosted. I hope we have serviced your complaint to your desired outcome." She looks at you with her strange blue eyes as the other men she was talking to left her and you alone in the hallway. With a quick look to Kelzir's posture and the way he stood behind Zarrema, the female drow looks up at Zarraema's eyes.

"You are recently arrived...from the underground. Correct?" You notice she has a small medallion outide of her robes and wrapped layered clothing that holds a full moon and two twin blades crossed in reverse to frame the moon on the ornamental medallion.

Zarrae
2007-10-10, 05:35 PM
Zarraema:

The medallion caught and kept her eyes for a moment, until she began answering the woman. She met her gaze with hope-filled violet eyes, "I'm unfamiliar with the practices of this city with regards to punishment. So long as the culprit is suitably dealt with and will not return to harry us, I suppose the outcome is acceptable."

"...and, Kelzir..." she turns to look at her slave-friend and gives a quiet sigh of frustration at his posture and demeanor, "...and I have been above for perhaps a handful of months; less than a year's time. Though, we are attempting to be less than obvious - our departure was ... difficult."

Jeggred Von
2007-10-10, 06:41 PM
"The males of our kind come up to the surface one of two ways. Bitter and violent, looking to lash out at any and all females that even speak to them, or they come up like kelzir here...." She motions with a three ring and bracelet hand to Kelzir. "...They come up broken and Spiritually dead. unsure how to act other than the way they have been bred and raised to. I can usually tell the recent ones to the surface, as they are usually the more extreme of the two choices." Her painted, purple lips part and widen in a smile as her eyes move to Kelzir's form, then back to Zarraema.

"I do hope you find the Knight's City most pleasant. It is our destiny. Gothmoor was made by dark elves, for darkelves. Our heritage grows us above and beyond anyone still crawling through dirty holes." She tosses a quick glance over her shoulder then back to Zarraema.

"I do not wish to keep you. I apologize for the outburst, and shall make sure you...'never' see this man again." Her hand sweeps past her to motion to the man being drug down the stairs.
"My name is Lei'yela Frost. If you have any more need of the Watch, or questions not able to be answered by normal troops, feel free to drop by the Spire." She bows to you.

Zarrae
2007-10-11, 06:11 AM
Zarraema:

So wanting to disagree with Lei'yela's assessment of Kelzir's state of being, she simply returned the woman's bow and watched her go. I cannot shatter the illusion that he's set up for himself... even if I disagree with it.

Without further word, she turned back to their room with the intention of finding sleep and knowing that Kelzir would follow.

bluenihil
2007-10-11, 12:33 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin rested...or tried to. Kelzir's suspicions troubled her, as did the possibility of another evening assault. Still, she had done what she could; the doors and windows were locked, and her sword was ready, resting again by her feet so that she could draw it up swiftly if needed.

Surely the light of morning would bring answers.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-15, 02:22 AM
The rest of the evening goes off without a hitch, and the remainder of the evening is peacefu and without event. dreams trouble each of you, and although details cannot be remembered, you do remember the feeling...of excitement.

You all wake up to the smell of cooked eggs, fresh vegetables, and warmed muffins and hardloaf bread. A soft rap on both doors and the soft voice of a boy is heard

"Breakfast is ready downstairs. Whenever you're ready."

The soft of sfot footsteps leaving the area in front of your door and another rap on the next doors can barely be heard as you wake up.

Tsol
2007-10-15, 10:31 AM
Fistar

"FOOD!!!!!" Fistar yelps as he sprung from the bed. He quickly drew on his leather armor and took out his dagger from under his pillow, and then proceed to strap on his rapier. He then dashed out the door yelling, "Meet you downstairs!" You can hear his footsteps quickly running down the hall to the stairs.

Bunny~
2007-10-15, 11:26 AM
Etsia

The little druid had woken with the dawn, like she always did. Not being able to open the windows had annoyed her. The dead trees in the form of planks under her feet were not the connection to the soil, there was no breeze on her skin, no touch of sunlight on her face, no sound of nature waking up... just the strange, alien sounds of the city.

She could feel the sun rising even when she could not see it, could sense the connection even in the midst of the weird collection of people and houses. And so she had taken a deep breath and turned to face the sun, her eyes closed in the darkness of the room.

She had finished channeling the energy to the directions she wanted quite a while before Fistar's exclamation startled her. The hawk startled with her, both of them let out a little alarmed sound, but by the time she whirled around to look at the source of alarm, the door was open and the wood elf was gone.

Realizing this was the time when the non-druids woke up, she nodded to herself and finished her morning ritual by re-painting the feather-symbols on her shoulders and ankles anew. It was a day of traveling. She packed her things, the hawk settled to sit on her backpack and then she turned to look at the tall woman.

"I am ready, Jessame-en."

Edonil
2007-10-15, 06:12 PM
KELZIR
( yawns .... map ... right ... it's here. )

He listened to the sounds of the inn stirring into wakefulness, sounds that were unfamiliar yet he knew them. The soft padding of feet caused his eyes to turn toward the door in narrowed slits to give the impression of sleep. The voice of the youngster calling them to a morning meal caused him to stir slightly, and slip out of bed leaving Zarraema to rouse at her leasure.

Very quietly, he checked their bags, saw to their weapons and readied himself and their things for traveling. The only evidence of his activity was the subtle creak of soft leather and a slight hiss as he ensured the weapons would come free at a moments notice. At last satisfied, he returned to his knees near the bed and awaited his Mistress' waking.

Zarrae
2007-10-15, 06:24 PM
Zarraema:

The strange sound of the boy's voice disturbed dreams that turned her stomach...quickly forgotten as the reality of wakefulness encroached upon them. As Kelzir stirred, she let her eyes drift open by a slit and followed his movements around the room. Even if she'd have risen with him, he would still have performed the same routine and would have rebuffed any attempt at help.

Dark Lady, give me the wisdom to know how to change this...

She was distracted from her silent prayer by his graceful, meticulous, and practiced movements. When he came to rest, on his knees, she was already sitting on the edge of the bed they'd shared.

"Thank you, Kelzir. Shall we dress and see to breakfast?" The question was more rhetorical than anything as she pulled herself to her feet and began the process of pulling on the thin, soft under-padding that protected her skin from the coarse leather of her armor.

Edonil
2007-10-15, 06:33 PM
KELZIR
(( MAP! ))

His deep, melodic voice came softly forth, "Of course, Mistress. Once properly prepared, I shall see to assuaging your hunger."

He lifted the underclothing and rose, helping her don the padding. Once finished, it was the hardened leather pieces, one by one, ensuring the straps were securely fastened. Methodical and deft in his movements, it took little time before he was offering her sword in its sheath while knelt before her.

"Mistress, to facilitate our departure, should I look in on our more heavily armored companion? Removing it can be easy, replacing it is sometimes more difficult."

Zarrae
2007-10-15, 06:41 PM
Zarraema:

More than used to the morning ritual, she took her bastard sword in its baldric and hung it over her shoulder. "Our hunger, Kelzir. I am not the only one who needs to eat... and, perhaps we should both see to their well being and offer assistance in preparing. They do not seem to be graced with the blessing of someone with your talent for efficiency, Kelzir."

Knowing that he would follow without her orders, she shouldered her bags and headed for the door and the hall way.

Edonil
2007-10-15, 06:45 PM
KELZIR
(Mappity-map-map-map)

With practiced ease, he scooped up the saddlebags and his own pack, sliding around her in the confines of the room. With a shrug in the process, the pack was over one shoulder, and a flip rendered the saddlebags to the other. Before she'd made it to the door, he'd stood before it and pulled it open as the other elf burst from the women's room with a shout. Deciding that no harm was in evidence out in the hall, he stepped gracefully to the side to allow Zarraema to depart.

bluenihil
2007-10-15, 08:15 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin was normally a light sleeper, but the events of the evening and the sleeplessness it had caused in her conspired to keep her asleep until Fistar's inelegant awakening. She grimaced at his noisy antics and slid out of bed, nodding politely to Etsia before settling to the floor for a few morning stretches.

"You can go on ahead," she told the druid. "I still need to armor up."

Again, normally she would not plate herself up for something as simple as breakfast, but there was threat in this city. One could never be too careful. After stirring herself to proper wakefulness, she set to the task of strapping on her banded mail and slinging her greatsword into its proper place across her back.

That done, she spent a few moments wrapping her braid up into the usual tight coil at the nape of her neck, before heading for the stairs.

Bunny~
2007-10-15, 08:18 PM
Etsia

Etsia had nodded at the tall woman and indeed headed downstairs, not really knowing what to do there. She could smell food, but wasn't quite certain how to acquire it. Remembering last night, she tried to locate someone who seemed to be carrying food back and forth and tug on their sleeve.

"Can I have some food?"

Tsol
2007-10-16, 10:28 AM
Fistar

The wood elf was chatting up one of the servers, explaining to her how he single handily capture one of the pirates and scared the other ones away. He went thru the motions with his hands explaining a intricate move on how he had avoided being hit by a thrown dagger.

Fistar then noticed Etsia and waved her over.

Bunny~
2007-10-16, 02:07 PM
Etsia

For a moment the little druid hesitated, but then she nodded at the wood elf and then pointed him out at the person with food-trays. "I'll go there." She paused, considered, then added, "Thanks." and headed to the chattery elf.

As she approached Fistar, the hawk on her bag buried its head into her hair, no doubt in the lack of hawk-shaped earplugs.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-17, 12:43 PM
The tavern is very busy this morning. A lot of people have come here specifically to hear the gossip about the late night visit of the Watch, as well as an assassination attempt on some strangers. Lots of looks make having breakfast a bit awkward.

You all eat and finish your preparing and decide it's time to move off onto the road. You all gather your horses and whatnot, and make your way to the gate. Passing through the city, you still feel the look of eyes on you. You are not sure if they are because the city is so abuzz with life, or those pirate thugs are lurking out in the corners of the city waiting for you to drop your defenses. Either way, once you pass the 40 guard occupied gate of the West gate, you breath a sigh of relief as you pass through.

You follow a well worn path to the outskirts of the town, passing wheat fields and sugarcane crops. Once you are a distance away from the loudness of the town, you feel a certain level of peace come over your party. No noise, except for the random cikadas making their chirping noise or a dragonfly buzzing around you as you pass through the cultivated outskirts of Gothmoor.

The path just to reach the area in front of the jungle takes half the day, and the tropical sun is beating down hard. You are beginning to sweat. The dark elves not used to the 'sun" and the paladin in her armor. All but Etsia who seems to be at home and her spirits seem up now that she's out of the town.

You all stop as a small ruins of what looks like it used to be the remainder of a tower, no group of rocks sit higher than your shoulder, but the pattern makes it seem there used to be a tower here. It is a common stopping place to rest and possibly camp if out of town too long. You all decide that it is time for lunch and give the horses their break.

Bunny~
2007-10-17, 05:21 PM
Etsia

Etsia patted Elmshadow on the neck, then hopped down from the big palomino's saddle. It was quite a drop for a small druid, but fortunately she was used to moving in the jungle so it did not really bother her. She took a moment to pat him for a while more, but then she led him to a convenient rock so she could stand on it and reach the saddlebags better. She drank some water and took a handful of her travel rations, mainly dried fruit and nuts. She set down some of the horsefeed while munching, then glanced around.

"We need to find water for the horses." With that said she left the horse standing there, fully trusting it to stay with her since he had said he would, and began exploring the area.

bluenihil
2007-10-18, 06:50 PM
Jessamyn

The platinum-haired woman slid down from her steed, Ghost, and gave the big horse an affectionate pat on the nose. Ghost whuffled at her mailed hand and she chuckled and moved to dig through the saddlebags, offering up an apple to the horse once she found it.

With Ghost trailing on the reins, crunching the apple, Jessamyn headed after Etsia. She had limited knowledge of the wilderness -- very limited indeed -- and thought it better to trust the little wild elf in such matters. Their ruined surroundings were dubious, considering the trouble she was sure would follow them. Though she had warned the Temple of Torm (there was no way she would leave Gothmoor without transmitting Kelzir's suspicions to the high priest or a trustworthy assistant), their small party was not aided further by the Temple. It was up to her to keep her companions safe.

She scanned the terrain as she trailed Etsia, not eating yet. Once it was safe, she might pause for food. Otherwise, she could always eat in the saddle as usual.

Tsol
2007-10-18, 08:46 PM
Fistar

All along the trail, the wood elf chatted about his adventures as a child, never seemingly lost for words. How his friends had played tricks on him and how he had played them back. He then went into sordid details of how he had stayed overnight at a widow and her daughter, and that during the night they both had visited him.

His horse. Jumper, seem oblvious to his story and almost looked bored as the rest of the party, occasionally the horse would wander off as Fistar was talking to the great relief to everyone else. Finally after reaching the lunch stop the wood elf became silent and then exclaimed loudly, "FOOD!!!" he grinned at everyone as he jumped off his horse. "So what's for lunch?" he exclaimed totally ignoring his horse until he got bitten by it. "OUCH!!! Listen you flea bitten mongrol of a horse. I'm not your lunch, Can't you find some nice looking grass over there and leave me alone!" the horse looked at the wood elf almost comically then with ears laid back it turned around and started trotting off back towards town. Fistar, just realizing that if the horse got away, he would be on foot, started to run after it, yelling appologies.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-19, 03:21 AM
The sounds of the nearby jungle do not go unheard. The loud cikadas and the tropical birds tell you that you are closer to the wilds of the jungle than the civilization of the city. Even the farms and small hovels of the commoners who refuse to live within Gothmoor's walls are seen as nothing but small colored squares across the vast wetland.

The sun's rays beat down for awhile, but then a large storm front moves in from the ocean, bringing clouds and a bit of respite. The clouds gather over Gothmoor and almost seem to hang over the city, before moving farther inland. Even as it moves inland, the clouds seem to hang over Gothmoor, leaving a bit behind.

You notice you are a half hour's ride to the base of the foothills of the Darksteel Mountain range to the northeast.

Etsia moves around a small wall of ruins and finds a small circular formation of stone, with a large bucket sitting beside it. The sound of cool fast rushing water can be heard down the shaft in the center of the round well.

Bunny~
2007-10-19, 03:57 PM
Etsia

Etsia grinned and took the bucket by the chain it was attached to, lowering it into the well and bringing it up again. She crouched down and sniffed at the water, then cupped water with her hand and sipped, trying to determine if it seemed safe to drink.

She nodded and gave Jessamyn a quick smile, then went to fetch Elmshadow and brought him to the well to drink, commenting "Found a well, can let the horses drink." to the others as she passed.

Of course if the sniffing or tasting of the water alerts her that the water is not safe to drink, she won't bring the poor horsie there.

Edonil
2007-10-21, 05:34 PM
KELZIR
(( still mapping around ))

Kelzir had seen to his Mistress' needs for food when they'd gone down, eating sparingly himself. Once finished, he went to the stables and readied the horse, bringing it around once brushed and saddled along with the saddlebags. He raised Zarraema up to the saddle, and they'd started off on their journey. Only a short stop at the Temple, paused their departure.

His eyes lowered, he nevertheless subtly scanned the area as they left. Rooftops and alleyways, even under the bright sun were typical places for anyone to watch from. But still he knew better, his eyes scanned doorways to shops, overhangs, fish-carts and the like. Hoping to catch sight of anyone that might be overly interested in their little party.

He didn't relax as they moved out of the walls of the city. If anything, it brought him more on edge. Especially with the elf's constant nattering about anything and everything under the sun.

He knew he slowed their progress, remaining on foot for the journey. As the sun rose into the sky, the heat made itself known. Not a dry heat from the chasms of the Underdark, but a wet and sticky heat. He shrugged it off, sipping from a waterskin occasionally to keep himself cool.

When they finally stopped at the small ruin, he scanned the area, looking for any signs of waylayers. The small elf's announcement about water was welcome, it would be important in this climate. He didn't trust it, but it was still welcome. And while silent during the entire trip, he finally gave voice.

"Perhaps the water should be tested. There are things that can be put in it, to foul the source. Lime being one of the easiest, while it will not kill, it causes considerable problems."

Zarrae
2007-10-21, 05:52 PM
Zarraema:

The ride out of the city frustrated her. She had hoped Kelzir would have the sense to ride with her, rather than walk; but no amount of convincing would work. It was not his 'place' he'd said. The heat and brightness of the sun did very little to improve her irritation - it felt as if the blinding orb meant to kill them with its brilliance. She could not decide whether it was better to pull her cloak over her to shield herself from its rays or remove most of her clothing to allow for release of heat.

A rest was more than a little welcomed and the advent of the well seemed a blessing. She knew with the discomfort she felt that Kelzir needed a rest as well. She knew very little of surface dwellers, and for all she knew, this was comfortable weather for them.

"Should it be found undrinkable, I can always attempt to purify it with the Moon Dancer's blessing. I should be able to bless enough for all of us to drink safely, refill our skins, and still give the horses enough to sate their needs."

((Spell says "Approximately 8 gallons"...absolutely no idea how much a horse drinks, but with five companions, that should be no more than 5 gallons (IF each of them drank until they were going to explode!) and leaves enough to at least water the horses, if we decide to use up the spell <nod nod>))

Jeggred Von
2007-10-22, 12:18 PM
The sound of approaching horse hooves on the well worn road alerts your group of a newcomer to the ruins. Being told by the tavern keeper of the ruins, it's well known to be a place of respite from the heat, as well as a communal watering hole. The many preset firepits and already smoothed sleeping areas told you so when you arrived. The sound increases, and you can also hear the sound of metal on metal, telling you the rider and/or horse is armored.

You all are tucked behind the large wall, blocked from the road, as welll as the major opening of the ruins. This also means your horses, unless lead around the ruins, are still out front.

On the roadside you can hear a man's voice.
"Whoa, Whoa...Easy girl. Time to get you a drink."

Tsol
2007-10-22, 02:51 PM
Fistar

Finally catching up with his runaway horse, Fistar head back to the ruins, he was berating the horse, which by all intent and purpose was ignoring the wood elf, when the wood elf heard the newcomer coming down the road. The rogue became silent, he quickly secured the reins to a small bush, and then moving silently he circled around the ruins to come up behind, hiding behind any kind of cover he could find.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Jeggred Von
2007-10-22, 07:52 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/map1.jpg

The horses are outside the ruins...the tallest walls that offer some shade from the sun has a small horse tie in front of it, and shows it is used often as such

You all are on the opposite side of the wall than the sounds, and your horses are over there too.
Etsia and her horse are around back, near the well.

Bunny~
2007-10-22, 08:07 PM
Etsia

Etsia had let Elmshadow drink the first bucket empty and was in the process of lifting up another when she heard the sounds. It did not sound threatening. No hunter in their right minds spoke aloud like that. It was also easy to see that a lot of travelers used the place for resting. No doubt it was just another traveler. And if it was not, it was always good to have someone out of sight from the rest of the group, should things get suddenly bad. She nodded to herself and continued taking care of the big palomino.

bluenihil
2007-10-22, 09:42 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin had been following Etsia, on foot, leading her horse, since their decision to pause here at the ruins. Thus she was right behind Etsia at this point, waiting patiently for the wild elf to finish watering her horse. It was a good time to nibble on a bit of food from her rations.

Wary as she was, she took note of the unfamiliar voice and frowned slightly. With Etsia's palomino deep into its second bucket of water, Jessamyn stepped back to glance around the corner of the wall, looking toward the road.

Doesn't look like the guy is visible from my position -- which is where Etsia is, regardless of my placement on the map, since Jessamyn has been practically on Etsia's heels since my last post. So no rolling, just noting interest.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-22, 09:46 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/map2.jpg

Tsol
2007-10-24, 01:35 PM
Fistar

Fistar looked towards the newcomer and decided to have a closer look. He looked harmless to him for the moment and possibly just another traveller on the road. But to be on the safe side, he snuck up closer to see what kind arnament he has and possibly to see if he carried a pouch of gold.

Sneaking up to the first block of the ruined wall, assuming that is what the block that is between him and the newcomer.

[roll0]

(Hiding behind the wall when he gets there..)

[roll1]

Jeggred Von
2007-10-24, 02:00 PM
The man sat high in his saddle. The barded horse let out a bit of a whinney as the equally armored human man slid from the saddle to the ground. A bald and deeply tanned head was the only portion of the man not covered with once finely crafted plate. As he turns to his horse, you catch sight of three huge scars running from the left side of his forehead, down the left side of his jaw. The eye in the path of the scars seems whited over. His unremarkable gray cloak flaps lazily as the man moves about. He speaks a strange whispered voice to his horse in a language you have not heard, nor can hear from your distance from him.

Huge spaulders sit on his shoulders and are intricately carved with large ornate bats in flight and the brass-inlaid chest piece moves with seperate pieces allowing the man to move freely. The huge, thick bladed war sword (http://www.coldsteel.com/chinwarswor.html)on his back, has a large circle at the pommel, all of the handle and ring wrapped in leather. two small sticks sit in his belt as his hips.

The man moves to tie his palimino near the remaining horses and the man pauses, before looking around the ruins. Not seeing anyone, he ties his horse to the post and takes a few steps back, giving himself room. He raises a gauntleted hand to his cheek and lifts his head upward.

"HAIL THE CAMP!"

bluenihil
2007-10-24, 05:23 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin tilted her head slightly, catching the sound of the man's voice though not the more subtle rattle of armor beyond the few ruin walls. Noting Etsia still busy with her horse, she gave Ghost's flank a pat and loosed her reins, stepping by the even-tempered horse toward the end of the wall.

"Watch her a moment, will you?" she said in a low tone toward Etsia, trusting the little druid to do so as she turned the corner.

Raising her voice significantly, she called back, "HAIL THE ROAD!", long strides taking her in that direction at a steady but unhurried pace.

Bunny~
2007-10-24, 05:27 PM
Etsia

The little druid nodded at Jessamyn and turned to pat and groom Ghost's mane. When Elmshadow finished the second bucket, she set some more horsefeed on the ground for him and lifted another bucket for Ghost, then returning to the patting and grooming (and making little braids) in the horses' manes.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-24, 06:06 PM
Jessamyn/ Ruins:

The man caught sight of Jessamyn and walked to the side a few steps to make himself more visible. Seeing the armored warrioress, the scarred man barely hid a smile as he politely made a half attempt at bowing. He made sure his hands were out to his sides, showing no weapons in hand and stood back up looking directly at Jess.

" I come for shade and water for my horse and I. Mind if we share some?" The man motioned to his lathered horse, heavy breathing and it's tongue lolling out the front of it's mouth. The scarred man looked back to Jessamyn, letting his brown eyes scan her for any sort of heraldry or even a holy symbol or regional "tell".

Still on the other side of the wall from the two hidden dark elves, and on the other side of the ruined building from Etsia, The man makes no attempt to search the ruins or nearby brush for any other "hidden people". His brown eyes look to Jessamyn, waiting for a Aye, or Naye.

Fistar:

You creep against the one low wall, with a small hole in the ruined pile, you have a perfectly concealed view of the man. He seems to be now talking to someone, who is blocked form your vision by the other ruins, and the size of the peep hole you are using. The scarred man is standing in front of the building, which holds your Dark Elven friends and the other females. He has not made any move towards his weapons, and he seems to purposely be NOT making any hostile movements.

((OOC: Fistar, make a listen check for me.roll your listen skill and add whatever bonus you have for listening to it.))

bluenihil
2007-10-24, 06:18 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin had never made any attempt to hide her allegiance; the tabard that covered her armor was proudly emblazoned with the gauntlet-insignia of Torm. Her greatsword hung strapped across her back, gloved hands nowhere near it. She inclined her head politely, with no special deference -- a warrior greeting a warrior, equal until tested.

"Of course. The well is back here, sir. Though there is only one bucket."

She indicated the way she had come with one gloved hand and half-turned, prepared to lead him.

Tsol
2007-10-24, 06:44 PM
Fistar

Fistar intently tried to listen to the man, not wanting to show his position just yet. He looked ok from where he was and didn't look like he was a danger to the party. The wood elf hoped that he didn't want to join up with them, it would mean splitting up any treasure into another share.

[roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-10-24, 08:36 PM
Jessamyn/Ruins (that means everyone else inside the ruins near the horses)

The man nodded and then pointed to Jessamyn's chest.
"Ahh, Tormite? Good to see more of your clergy around." The scar-faced warrior smiled slightly, then became somber and sucked his teeth.
"A real tragedy, what has become of the original Temple in town. My heart goes out to you and yours." The man said with a sincere voice.

"I thank you for the offer to share the shade and water. One bucket shouldn't be a problem." The man walked a few steps within reach of Jessamyn. The man reached a hand out and waited for her to take or refuse it.

"May I ask your name, or should I just call you Tormite?"

Fistar:

The sound of a voice mixing with the stranger's, tells you he is speaking to Jessamyn. You an barely make out the words that is being said until another sound comes from behind you.

Growling...in stereo.

You turn slowly to see a set of dogs, or what were once dogs...that have been bred with bears! The dogs were the size of middle aged grizzlys and were thick joweled and baring teeth the size of three of your fingers together..in length AND width. (Rotweilers)

Both dogs were hackled and the were in a purely offensive pose. They stood and growled from 15 feet away, just outside the section of Ruins Fistar was using to hide in. The sound coming from them was like the thunder of an entire regiment of cavalry in full armor approaching from a distance. They watched his every movement, their upturned growling lips quivering with every sound they made.

((Jessamyn and The others can hear the growls.))

bluenihil
2007-10-24, 08:49 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin reached out to clasp the man's hand with a reserved smile. "Jessamyn, sir, and thank you for your kind words. You would be...?"

She had intended to await his answer, but the growls reached her ears at that point, and her face became a sober mask again, gaze flicking away from the warrior to scan the surroundings. Her other hand moved reflexively toward the hilt of her sword but paused halfway, mindful of the man right before her. "Ah," she interjected in a low tone, "you would not happen to be traveling with a growling beast or two...would you?"

Spot Check: [roll0]

Bunny~
2007-10-24, 09:58 PM
Etsia

Etsia had finished braiding Elmshadow's front mane and attached an impromptu feather-and-beads decoration to it while Ghost was drinking. She was humming slightly under her breath.

When the sound of growls reached her, the humming stopped abruptly as she whirled around. Not seeing anything in her near vicinity she took the reins of both horses and began leading them around the ruins toward the others. She would not fight predators with two horses to defend, not if she could help it.

"Jessame-en!" The little druid called the tall woman's name as she led the horses toward her.

Tsol
2007-10-24, 11:27 PM
Fistar

The rogue smiled nervously at the dogs and muttered softly, "Nice doggies, if your hungry, there are some nice horses over there.. I'm just a scrawny wood elf, stringy to, not very appetizing really, " As he talked to the creatures he thought of his options, could he reached the camp in time or not, judging distance and speed he felt it would be close, staying didn't look like a very good option at the moment. He shrugged at the dogs, and with a quick decision decided to tumble over the low wall and run towards the man and Jessamyn.

Wasn't sure which one is appropiate Tumble or jump.. I'm thinking tumble as in doing a backflip over the wall. but didn't explain how low the wall was.

[roll0]

or

[roll1]

Jeggred Von
2007-10-25, 01:16 PM
The man opened his mouth and was about to reply to Jessamyn, when he too heard the dogs growling that sounded like thunder. He sighed audibly, then turned toward the dog's direction. The soldier rolled his tongue and pushed it to his lip. With a fast exhale, he whistled a sharp and staccatoed set of notes.

The armored man looked back to Jessamyn and let go of her hand, looking to her.

"Aye, those are my dogs. It seems we have someone dropping the eaves on us." The bald scarred man looked toward Fistar who was jumping over his small section of ruined wall and running full bore towards Jessamyn and the man. The two dogs, almost the size of a large bear each, leap over the small wall and come bounding in. The two Rotweilers circle the group before coming to sit on their back haunches, each on one side of the man. The dogs, sitting down, are almost the same 5'9'' height as their master!

"This one with the cropped ears is Krill, and this one is called Vero. They are more playful, but with our recent events, they seem to be on edge." The man gives them both a few pats from his gauntleted hand as his eyes look over his shoulder towards the jungle. After a few moments, he looks back to your group as a small wild elf trailing two horses behind her approaches. The man does a quick head count, and then counts the horses, making a mental note.

The man then looks to Vero and says a few strange words that sound somewhat like orders.
If you speak Gnollish:
Gnoll: "Circle around, protect."
The two dogs give off a bark and leap off running together and dissapearing behind a large ruined building.

"Well now, lets see about that shade and water." The man looks to the three of them and smiled, making his three deep scars on his face distort a bit.

bluenihil
2007-10-25, 02:18 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin frowned at Fistar as he rushed over, though inwardly she was relieved to note that nothing had taken a bite out of the wood elf in his sneaky trek. "Did you lose your horse?" she asked as he came near, a bit sharply.

The dogs were impressive, but after noting that they were under control, Jessamyn turned her attention back to the man. "I apologize. My comrades and I have some reason to be wary. And I have not caught your name..."

Turning to accompany the man, she smiled when she saw Etsia and the horses. She reached out to take Ghost's reins from the wild elf, looking over the braidwork in mild amusement before giving Etsia a grateful nod.

Bunny~
2007-10-25, 03:29 PM
Etsia

"There was growling, Jessame-en, and... oh." She stopped as she realized the sources of the sound were now heeling obediently. She tilted her head to consider the dogs. "They're big. What are they?"

Edonil
2007-10-25, 07:44 PM
KELZIR
(( map? ))

He continued to tend his Mistress' animal and slight ails. Ensuring that she was watered safely and the food was at least edible before presenting it to her. The advent of another traveler caused his eyes to narrow, but beyond that he maintained nothing but deference toward the dark elven woman.

The growling of the large animals somehow didn't surprise him. Like the Underdark, only the very brave, very strong or very stupid traveled alone. Dogs were an enigma, loyal to the core, but sometimes prone to distraction.

The fact that the stranger had not given a name was not lost on him, it was most likely for a good reason. Somehow it was ironic, that for annoying as he was, the only one with a healthy dose of caution was the chatter box. He observed from a distance, cautiously and without making it evident.

The twitch of an eyebrow was the only indication of surprise at the behemoth size of the mongrels. That they came and responded to whistles meant they were well trained. And they also seemed to understand the huffing-grunting tone as well. As the two beasts bounded off, several things came into his head.

The man was either being followed, or looking for others of their party that he'd missed.
He was capable of looking after himself, and had been doing so for a while.
The past events they'd had the night before made his appearance suspicious.
His comment concerning recent events could be troubling.

Finally satisfied that his Mistress at least, was well cared for. He moved out more into the open, squinting his eyes with a bowed head so the sunlight didn't dazzle him quite so bad. Waterskins in hand, he moved to the spring quietly in order to refill them. His lowered eyes were by no means still, they scanned the edge of the trees and rocks all around. Any indication that there may be more trouble, a shadow out of place, the slight sound of leaves being moved, a random click of a crossbow.

'There are still far too many unanswered questions lingering about,' he thought.

Zarrae
2007-10-25, 07:57 PM
Zarraema:

Little thought was given to the fact that she was being tended, but more to the annoyance that Kelzir was not tending to himself. The sounds of the stranger set her wariness on edge, though she did attempt to keep it hidden under a polite neutrality.

Resigned to the fact that the stranger would come around to join the shade, she simply sat. His accent was not Drowish, so he would doubtless either be surprised or ..not, at seeing them with the motley party. Instead, she pulled the scabbard of her bastard sword close to her place and arranged a small portion of rations for Kelzir, since he didn't seem to have taken care of himself. All the while, she kept a keen ear on the conversation that she could hear; ready in case something went wrong.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-26, 04:04 AM
Jessamyn/Etsia/Fistar:
The man walked beside Jessamyn and looked over his pauldron and hears her ask for his name again. With a disarming smile, the man walks with jessamyn into the ruins where Zarraema is in, placing the food around for Kelzir.

Zarraema:
"My name is Boone. Masaud Boone. I am a soldier of sorts for Gothm-." Boone stops talking and looked to Zarraema. He stopped entering the ruins and bowed slightly to the female dark elf.

"Vendui', olath wenress."
"Greetings, Dark maiden."

Kelzir:
The man looked around, and then excused himself to the well. Spotting Kelzir as he approached, Boone moved up and began helping the male drow haul up a buket of water. The scarred man pulls out a leather waterskin and dumps out the remaining wine from the winskin. His eyes moved from the dropping wine to kelzir and Boone smirks to him.

"Naut ulu Eszak. Nindol orn tlu l'vaen bukkit dos inbal ulu haul." Boone said with a wink to Kelzir.
"Not to Worry. This will be the last bucket you have to haul."

He dunks the waterskin into the bucket, letting the water fill it up. Boone turned to Kelzir and thumbs a motion for the Drow to let the half full bucket go. Boone walks off back into the shade of the ruins.

All:

Boone walks back into the ruins and pulls out the waterskin. Boone tilts the waterskin back, emptying it and drinking most of it down. Then, he turns it upside down on the top of his head, cooling himself off. With the steam rising off his tanned head, Boone looks up and licks water off his lips.

"Oh I apologize. I am being rude. Allow me to share." Boone hands the waterskin out in front of him to one of you....any of you.

Whoever picks the waterskin up, and takes it from Boone, it IS FULL. water is up to the very top of the opening. Is magically refills whenever it seems to be emptied. Tipping it upside down and then rightside up, with the cork out, refills the waterskin within a few seconds. The water is as cool as if you drank it straight from the well.

"So, tell me what two elves, a human and two recent dark elves to the surface, are doing outside the walls of Gothmoor? Adventure? Excitement? Glory?" Boone's disarming smile is pointed at each of you as he speaks.

drow translator= http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/language.php

Edonil
2007-10-26, 09:28 AM
KELZIR
(( still mappin' it ))

He watched the man cautiously, nothing was certain here. Though grateful for the assistance, he did not take the advice the man gave. There were still the animals to be looked after, and some fresh cool water would be welcome. Eilistraee only knew when they'd have the benefit of water like this again. Very quietly, his deep musical voice came forth while he was near the human.

"Ussta klath'ra zhah naut whol dos xor Usstan ulu yikss, Senger. Jhal l'providence d'L'Quar'valsharess iltan."

My service is not for you or I to decide, Lord. But the providence of The Goddess herself.

With a bow to the man, he exited quietly to ensure that at least his Mistress' horse was tended properly. A quick brushing to remove any burrs. Plenty to drink, along with a snack. And a check of the hooves while it munched away to make sure they weren't cracked or had a rock stuck in them.

Finally satisfied, he re-entered the building as he listened to the words the man spoke. With the offering of the skin, he reached out automatically to gently take it. Bringing it to his lips, he sipped a small amount, and held the skin for a few long moments. Since it didn't cause immediate death, he then followed suit, offering the skin out with both hands, his head lowered.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-26, 12:30 PM
Boone sat down on a makeshift seat fom a fallen peice of the ruined wall and sighed contently. His brown eyes looked over the group and turned back to the small wild elf and smiled.

"I apologize again, so many questions from so many people. "they" as you called them, are my dogs. Krill and Vero. They are not from around these parts, but I had found them on my years as an adventurer." The man smiles to her as his looks off a bit, his mind going back to a time past of his adventurers.

Snapping out of his personal trip down memory lane, Boone looks around and awaits any more questions before asking some of his own.

Bunny~
2007-10-26, 12:34 PM
Etsia

Etsia had watched the big mysterious dog-creatures vanishing with obvious amount of regret and disappointment. She kept thinking about them as she sought shade where Zarrae was resting. She did not tie Elmshadow's reins anywhere, instead half-led him with her, then just dropped them and let him wander about, but not until she had set some more horsefeed next to her. She dug up more dried fruit and nuts and munched another mouthful, then offered dried fruit to the big stallion as well.

"Why are your dogs so big? I don't think they should be, they're bigger than wolves."

She glanced up as the hawk landed on a wall of the ruins, returning from a hunting trip of its own. The hawk tilted its head, then let out a short predator-alarm, obviously confused by the huge dogs as well.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-26, 12:44 PM
Boone looked over to the smaller elf and nodded to her words. He waited for her to finish and leaned back against the crumbling wall behind him.

"Ah. Their size does often make people take pause. They were magically altered to that size. Great story actually, if you all were interested in such things." Boone looked around, awaiting someone to either nod or shake their head. He wasn't one to run at the mouth, but when someone showed interest in his two best friends, he was always pleasant enough to off the whys and wherefores that made them as big as they are.

Bunny~
2007-10-26, 12:57 PM
Etsia

Etsia nodded enthusiastically, wondering briefly if her hawk could be made that big, and if she could ride it then. "They were normal dogs first then?"

She continued sharing her food with Elmshadow, who showed much more interest in the dried fruit served from the druid palm than the feed on the ground.

Tsol
2007-10-26, 01:37 PM
Fistar

After being scared out of his wits by the dogs and finding out that it was the visitors pets, he went back to checking on his horse to be sure that it had water and that it was tied.

He then wandered back to the camp and sat down and grabbed some food out of his pack to eat. He nodded to the armored warrior, "Go ahead, I'm always looking for more stories to tell," he smiled.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-26, 03:03 PM
MAP: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/GMpurple01.jpgBoone looked around and shrugged, moving around a bit on his worn stone seat, before speaking again.

"The two pups were best of the litter and given to me as a gift from a farmer. I raised them myself. They travelled with me wherever I went. their size changed one fateful evening while i was out adventuring with a few old friends of mine." Boone spoke and leaned forward as he retold the story, resting his elbows on his knee cops.

"We were ridding a small farming village up north of a troublesome young adult red dragon. The beast had a penchant for eating woodland livestock. Elk, deer, wolves, foxes. Anything that it could get it's breath onto. It would cook them and eat them. The dragon was a menace. Me and six others started off on this mission, but only the wizard, the cleric, me and my two dogs were left when we reached the dragon. Traps and pits got the rogue and his brother the bard. Two wyrmlings tore the monk to shreds, and a well placed rockslide broke the one leg of the cleric. We were in dire straits." Boone looks around the room, to each one, then looks back to Etsia.

"That is when Thistlerue, the wizard, gets an idea. He was running out of good spells, but he had a few low ones and a handful of powerful ones left. As we were discussing tactics, the dragon suprised us and bore down on the cleric. As I went to charge in, the dragon clawed my face, almost taking it off completely." Boone points to the three scars running down the side of his face. "Thistlerue casts a spell on ol' Kril and Vero, making them enlarge and grow huge. They both leapt out at the dragon attacking it long enough for us to get the cleric clear and administer some healing to her. Thistle and the dogs took the dragon down and I came in to help once the cleric was clear. When it was time to reduce their size, both dogs refused to let the spell be cancelled, they went so far as to knock the wizard out of his casting everytime he started. So, with his final spell, Thistlerue made the change permanent." Boone shrugged and looked around for the waterskin, hoping for another drink.

"Crazy buggers. They seem to like being that big. I'm not one to force anything on the pups, so I never went about changing them back. Thistlerue still groans when he hears the two pups practically tearing down the door to his tower, when I go to visit." Boone laughs at the image he's seen too many times. "They do love their uncle."

Boone looks around and sighs again, finished with the bit of story for the entertainment of the group and leans back again resting from the heat.

Bunny~
2007-10-26, 03:37 PM
Etsia

The little druid blinked. "Can any wizard make animals big? And the change just stays like that with another spell?" She glanced at the hawk again. "I could ride my hawk like those batriders did!"

bluenihil
2007-10-26, 04:08 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin occupied herself with filling Ghost's feedbag and placing it while she listened to Boone's story, occasionally glancing back politely to indicate that she was listening. As Ghost munched contentedly on the oats, Jessamyn fished through the saddlebags to find her food and dole out an appropriate amount for the break...a bit of dried fruit, dried meat and cheese.

Leaning against the broken wall, she turned her attention back to the gathering of stranger and companions, content at this point to simply listen and take note. Though she did brush her loose forelocks back from where they might have shaded her ears, to make sure the half-elven tips were visible. Not one to hide such things, but not about to correct the man... That would be impolite at this point.

Once Ghost was through with the feedbag, she unstrapped it and tucked it back into the saddlebag and let the mare loose to graze, making sure to glance back periodically to keep an eye on all the horses.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-26, 07:58 PM
Boone watched the female wild elf and her wide-eyed enthusiasm building.

"Yes, most wizards, when trained in the type of magic, Alteration magic, can change anyone or anything large like that. And yes all it takes is another spell from a pretty powerful mage to cast that makes whatever is enlarged stay that big."

Boone followed her eyes to the hawk (if it is in the ruins near Etsia) then looked back when she mentions batriders.

"Batriders eh? So then, you have been to Gothmoor. Yeah those bats are naturally grown that size, but, you can make a hawk large enough for you to ride it... I am guessing. I mean, I speak from speculation. I am no wizard at all." Boone rubbed his chin, looking over the small wild elf. "So you saw batriders. I take it something you all got into, or something around you got pretty dangerous. They don't come down to the city for nothing. Tell me, little one, how was it you came to see a Chirok and his steed?"

Boone's face turns from amusement to concern as he listens.

Zarrae
2007-10-26, 08:27 PM
Zarraema:

She inclined her head and shoulders in return to the Drowish greeting. Despite being uttered from human lips, it was comforting to hear familiar words. Suspicions and doubt about his intentions melted away as she was reminded of her duties to the Goddess; all travelers are your friend.

And so, she greeted him with a smile and gentle words, "Ol zhah natha ssrigg'tul ulu thalra uss ji screus, abbil."

"It is a pleasure to meet one so learned, friend."
((I know that's the wrong word for "Educated"...but House Maerdyn's translator is down right now, so I am going to pretend I'm a good linguist!))

His story brought vague memories of a similar feat by the Matron Mother's Sister, the house wizard. To push the thoughts of "home" away, she busied herself with opening up the rations she shared with Kelzir. She offered a small portion to the warrior - it was only right and proper by the Dark Maiden's creed.

Idly, she wondered if Kelzir would play for them while he ate, or if he was too busy being cautious. She berated herself for the thought; his caution had kept them alive more often than not.

Bunny~
2007-10-27, 12:08 AM
Etsia

Etsia shrugged. "Some men came to our room at night and attacked us. Jessame-en smashed one's face. Then the batriders and the moon-woman came and took him away." She nodded enthusiastically.

Jeggred Von
2007-10-27, 02:05 AM
Boone takes the food from the dark elven female with a nod of his head in thanks. Chewing, he listens to Etsia and then swallows before talking.

"Ah yes, must have been late at night, for them to come down for a simple breaking and entering. A moon-woman you say....ah, you must mean a priestess of Eilistraee. There are many of them within Gothmoor's walls."

Looking over to Zarraema, he smileb slightly.

"It seems you really don't have far to go for one of those anyhow." Boone smiled again and bowed his head respectfully to the priestess before turning to face the paladin, Jessamyn.

"So, Jessamyn, of Torm. Are you a Gothmoorite, or a travelling holy warrior? I can tell you that if you're looking for a place, that could use your god's guidance..it is Gothmoor."

Zarrae
2007-10-27, 07:58 AM
Zarraema:

She smiled faintly and bowed her head again, "I have much to learn of the Dark Lady's ways before I can wear the title of Priestess properly, abbil. Though I thank you for the kind comparison."

bluenihil
2007-10-27, 11:59 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin turned her attention to Boone, inclining her head slightly. "I was sent to Gothmoor from Lapalgard with the intention of serving and strengthening the temple there. From what I have seen, I can not argue your judgment. It is an...interesting city. My time in it has been quite brief so I can not say much more than that, yet."

Jeggred Von
2007-10-27, 02:33 PM
Boone nodded to Zarraema seeing no reason to argue her personal feelings on her status with the Dark Maiden. Boone slowly stood up and stretched, kicking his feet out one by one stretching out the muscles. He looked to each of you and then spoke to Jessamyn driectly.

"I wish all of you fair weather and luckon your travels, no matter where it takes you. If any of you make it back to Gothmoor and are in need of shelter, or a place to live, Seek me out. I will see if I can find accomodations for you."

Boone walked around the wall of the ruins, and whistled high ad sharp. The sounds of two thundering dogs echoed through the ruins. The scarred soldier got upon his horse and turned the steed to face Gothmoor as he took one final look into the ruins, and smiled sincerely with a nod. Boone rides off back towards Gothmoor, his two giant dogs following behind him.

((ooc: Anyone in the ruins who didn't get up to see Boone, off, make a spot check.))

Bunny~
2007-10-27, 03:16 PM
Etsia

Etsia was still busy feeding Elmshadow the last crumbs of his meal and daydreaming about riding a gigantic hawk. She had nodded her farewell at the man with the big dogs, but did not get up to see him off. The stranger seemed more than capable of taking care of himself.

Etsia:
[roll0]

Hawk, Roll 1:
[roll1]

Hawk, Roll 2:
[roll2]

...I keep forgetting if the hawk's '+6 to Spot, gain a +8 racial bonus to Spot checks in daylight' is added to the +6 or replacing it. Rolling both ways, use the correct roll, discard the other.

Tsol
2007-10-28, 01:02 AM
Fistar

Fistar was casually eating his rations while listening to the man's story. He was particulary silent for change. Taking everything in and watching everyone, when the man Boone got up to go, he casually nodded to the man, as he still rested against one of the broken walls.

[roll0]

Zarrae
2007-10-28, 09:46 AM
Zarraema:

Still fussing with the attempt at getting Kelzir to actually rest and tend to himself, she simply bowed her head to the human fighter as he left and murmured a quiet blessing.

Spot check for the preoccupied priestess:
[roll0]

Edonil
2007-10-28, 09:55 AM
KELZIR
(( map ))

He listened to the short conversation, moving around quietly to tend anyone who seemed to need it. As people shifted while the stranger got up to leave, he just as quietly cleaned things up. His Mistress' fussing was pointless, he was already resting.

Spot [roll0]

bluenihil
2007-10-28, 01:52 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin was not about to follow Boone down the road waving a handkerchief. Their conversation was done, his business was elsewhere, and she gave him the respectful nod that she would give anyone who showed themselves deserving of it. As for now, she still had food to square away and a horse to attend to.

Spot: [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-10-29, 02:22 PM
anyone with over a 10 in spot, notice two things.
1. Boone left his waterskin on the rock ruin he was using as a seat.
2. his travel bags off his horse, are sitting beside the rock.

inside the saddlebags:
2 weeks iron rations(split with the party, 3 days food and water)
2 small vials of a creamy reddish liquid, (resembling blood and shampoo mixed)
1 small book, blank with quill and 2 ink vials
1 small length of iron, about the length of your forearm (wand)
and 1 small scrolled up parchment with a wax seal (looks official)

Tsol
2007-10-29, 04:18 PM
Fistar

The wood elf sharp eyes picked out the waterskin and the saddlebags that the Boone had left. He found it odd that someone of his experience would do that. Mistakes happen he thought as he walked over to the waterskin and casually picked it up and took a drink out of it. He then placed it with in his cloak without thinking.

Without much thought, he started going thru the saddlebags to see if there was anything interesting. A look of disappointed crossed his elven features there wasn't any gold in the saddlebags, he pocketed one of the vials of the reddish liquid to examine later. With a sigh he left the rest as it was.

Waterskin
[roll0]

Vial
[roll1]

bluenihil
2007-10-29, 07:29 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin frowned as she noticed the objects Boone had left -- and frowned deeper as she saw Fistar picking through them. Pushing off the wall she had been leaning against, Jessamyn approached the rogue and the travel-bags and reached past Fistar to tug them shut.

"He must have forgotten these in his haste," she said, redoing the clasps and hefting the bags from their place. "I will return them. Did you...take something?" she added, turning her cool green gaze to Fistar, lips still pressed flat in a less-than-pleased expression.

Spot 1: Waterskin [roll0]
Spot 2: Vial [roll1]
Preemptive Sense Motive: [roll2]

Tsol
2007-10-30, 12:59 PM
Fistar

The wood elf looked at the stance and the frowning face of the paladin. He wondered if she knew that he had pocketed the vial. The waterskin was bulging under his cloak, so truthfully it was hard to hide anyways. He smiled at the paladin, taking out the waterskin. "He just left this waterskin, I was planning to really give it back to him if I saw him again. He did say to look him up when we get back to Gothmoor. " he shrugged, "No use chasing him down now, and we should probably continue on to where that map leads us. I would hate to waste time back tracking."

[roll0]

((shrug.. lets see if he can beat Jes's sense motive ya know he's just greedy.))

EDIT: /LAUGH!!! he is so burned......

bluenihil
2007-10-30, 01:49 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin's expression did not change as she held out her hands. "I will give you half-credit for the half-truth," she said evenly, "but I do not appreciate the lie. He may need these things in Gothmoor. We will return them."

She curled her fingers in a 'give' gesture, watching Fistar expectantly. "The other item, please."

Jeggred Von
2007-10-30, 02:31 PM
((need a listen check from everyone))

Tsol
2007-10-30, 04:07 PM
Fistar

With an almost audible sigh, the rogue put his hand into his pocket and took out a spoon, he looked at it with a surprized look, then put it back into his pocket, "Hmm don't think this is what you wanted.. just a second. " He continued to look thru his pockets pulling out miscelanous junk, a feather, a broken piece of pottery, a small bracelet (looks worthless), a rock which he promptly tossed to the the ground. "I'm sure it somewhere."

[roll0]

Bunny~
2007-10-30, 06:07 PM
Etsia

Etsia had slowly turned from tending to Elmshadow to stare at Fistar and Jessamyn as the conversation revealed what had happened. She blinked as she tried to figure out what was going on. Theft was practically an unheard of concept within her small tribe -- everyone knew each other and everything that was good for the tribe was good for every member. Fighting and challenges were normal for her, theft was as alien a thought as the buildings of Gothmoor had been as an environment. She opened her mouth, then closed it and blinked again.

"Bad Magpie Boy!" She placed her hands on her hips and glared at Fistar, the three words somehow summing up everything she wanted to say.

Etsia:
[roll0]

Hawk:
[roll1]

Zarrae
2007-10-30, 07:59 PM
Zarraema:

Theft was neither uncommon nor entirely discouraged in the upbringing that the priestess had received, though it generally ended poorly if the thief were found out. Regardless of upbringing, the wood elf's act brought a frown to her face, "I agree with Jessamyn of Torm, the things should be returned at once and intact. Not only could they be necessary to his duties, but there could be items that have great personal value."

She rose as she spoke, prepared to add her force to the paladin's if necessary to retrieve the traveler's possessions.

Listen check for Zarraema:
[roll0]

Edonil
2007-10-30, 08:18 PM
KELZIR
((map))

He moved quietly around, the sounds of disagreement between the large woman, the tiny elf, his Mistress and the other male disturbed his typical routine. He shifted about, moving nearby Zarraema so as to defend her if necessary. Still his eyes scanned the openings of the enclosed area. It was still far too easy to become trapped here.

LISTEN: [roll0]

(( I am sooo giving up rolling. Yeesh. ))

bluenihil
2007-10-30, 10:26 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin watched Fistar search his pockets, her expression unchanging despite the length of time it took to seek through their apparently significant depths. Like a statue, patient, unwavering in her intent to reclaim what the wood elf had taken.

Listen: [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-10-31, 01:24 AM
The faint sound of a woman's voice echoed through the ruins and bounced off the broken and uneven walls. The ambient sound of screams of help could be heard once, the discussions of Fistar's act were silent. Again the woman screamed, dire and distressed, the female's voice could be heard on the wind echoing off the ruins, ruining any attempt to discern it's origin.

((Everyone heard the scream. the listen checks all passed.))

Bunny~
2007-10-31, 01:33 AM
Etsia

Etsia whirled around at the sound, but not seeing anything near them, she instead whistled sharply, giving the hawk a one-word order in Druidic. The bird took flight into the air, beginning to circle around the ruins, scouting. The druid herself grabbed her spear and began to move out from the shelter of the ruins.

The hawk is trained to circle around and scout and react to either prey or predator / danger. Up to the DM if its birdbrain will understand that whatever is going on is worth a danger-alarm. If it is, the bird will start circling above the danger area and give out an alarm.

Tsol
2007-10-31, 06:15 PM
Fistar

The rogue pulled out a piece of string out of his pocket when he heard the faint scream. "Did you hear that?" looking at Jessamyn, he then looked at the wild elf sending the hawk aloft and picking up her spear and racing out of the ruins, "Come on, it looks like someone needs help, " Fistar quickly stuffed back the items he took out of his pocket and chased after the wild elf, not caring if the paladin followed or not.

bluenihil
2007-10-31, 06:38 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin's head snapped up at the sound of the cry, and she immediately disregarded Fistar's actions -- perhaps she would remember them later, but now was not the time.

"Someone needs to watch the horses," she called as she jogged after Etsia and Fistar, armor flashing, one hand on the hilt of the greatsword over her shoulder. Anything more organized had fled her mind at the sound of distress.

Zarrae
2007-10-31, 07:04 PM
Zarraema:

Someone did need to watch the horses but it would not have been her first choice with screams coming from nearby and she was not about to force Kelzir to stay alone to perform that task.

Instead, she simply shouted back an assurance that they would not be left untended, and looked to Kelzir. "We should remain near to listen for the horses, but the area nearby should also be searched. One never knows how sounds can bend in places such as this. ...unless you've a more sound plan, which would be welcomed..."

Edonil
2007-10-31, 07:10 PM
KELZIR
(map)

The screams weren't unheard by him either, though trained, the acoustics of this place were unknown to him. He nodded at his Mistress' words as he watched the others running off in what they hoped would be the right direction. Not thinking, he moved to their horses, gathering the reigns of three and coaxingly petting the one that the druid rode. Keeping them in one location and hopefully safe.

"Mistress, your powers may be needed by the person in distress. I can stay and mind the animals."

Zarrae
2007-10-31, 07:26 PM
Zarraema:

"...indeed, they may need some amount of healing, but they have the Little One with them. I shall concede to Jessamyn of Torm's wishes, for now, unless we hear further distress, and will explore the immediate area more closely."

With that, she calmly slips her baldric over her head and begins wandering towards a grouping of ruined walls, never moving far enough from Kelzir to be out of earshot.

Searching the nearby ruins:
[roll0]

And, rolling spot and listen, preemptively, in case you want them, Jeggy.
Spot:
[roll1]

Listen:
[roll2]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-01, 02:17 AM
EVERYONE: Eeryone roll initiative. Ibby and the drow too.

Etsia, Fistar and eventually Jessamyn:
You come over a small rise,moving around a rather thick and high ruined wall, and notice the source of the scream. Two wagons sit ahead on the road, about 100 feet away. One of the wagons is turned over, and a few bodies lay stren about, bleeding and motionless. The other wagon has some movement on its back, two females, one of them screaming at something grabbing for her from the other side of the wagon. The other female is kicking and wielding a quarterstaff of her own, thwacking the green scaled arms and shouting at the green arms reaching for them both.

You can spot fighting happening around the other overturned wagon, spears and a sword going up and then down, but the wide wagon is blocking most of the details. whatever it is, you can see there are way more of them, than the surviving wagoneers.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp01.jpg

Everyone:
Everyone who is within visual range can make a spot check to determine what it is they are fighting.
Each square counts as 5 feet, for purposes of movement, and how fast until you can reach the wagon.

Bunny~
2007-11-01, 11:13 AM
Etsia

Ambush. In the little druid's mind it was a perfectly normal hunting system, and the possible bandits were the predators of the two-legged world. The prey was not of her tribe, but it often had been and she did not hesitate as she continued running toward the fight.

Run run run toward the attacked wagons~

Edit: Due to zooming speed, heading to I13, approaching the area from hopefully behind the bushes so they block her from being in sight, yey for camouflage druid diving into the bushes!

Etsia:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Hawk: (Not really expecting it to do much, but just in case rolling~)
[roll2]
[roll3]

bluenihil
2007-11-01, 11:46 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin's eyes narrowed as she picked up glimpses of the scene. She pulled the greatsword free of its sheath, armored hands braced far apart on the hilt to lessen the burden as she made a beeline for the overturned wagon and its besieged occupants.

Heading directly toward A at max run speed, which is about...60 due to armor.

Initiative: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Edit: Heading for L-14.

Tsol
2007-11-01, 12:26 PM
Fistar

As Fistar drew near the wagons he unslung his short bow and when he got with in range. He decided to scoot over to the other side of the road and hopefully get a good look at the attackers

Running to G-15 and getting ready to fire arrows when able.

Edit: this will put me on the road around L18.. this coming round.. irk another edit.. after talking to Jeg, about movement.. I should be able to reach G-15 with ample time.. 30 ft ever 6 sec is walking speed. can run up to 4 times that amount.. so 120 ft... G15 is in plenty of range with time to spare.

[roll0]

[roll1]

daythief
2007-11-01, 02:15 PM
Elystria aimed another blow with the staff at an uncomfortably close lizardman and shouted at her hysterical companion again to do -something- other than scream. Her silver eyes were wide as she assessed the rapidly deteriorating... oh, be honest with yourself, it's pretty much hopeless! situation.

Initiative - [roll0]
Attack- [roll1]

Zarrae
2007-11-01, 09:30 PM
Zarraema:

The Priestess continued to scout the ruins, never far from Kelzir, and listening for signs of any battle besides screams. At several times, she had been tempted to summon Kelzir and push them both off in the direction their companions had run in, but what sense would it make to run aimlessly in a direction that they could no longer be headed?

With a silent sigh, she mouthed a prayer to Eilistraee for their safety and continued a not-so-stealthy scout of the area.

Initiative for Zarraema...way away from the fight. D'oh!
-dang it, messed up the roll, should be +1 NOT +2...rolling again on the next post-
..er..and I screwed it up by deleting the roll... it was a 3, if you just want to subtract 1 from it. I was just trying to fix the mistake <cries>

Zarrae
2007-11-01, 09:32 PM
Let's try this again...
[roll0]

Edonil
2007-11-01, 09:41 PM
KELZIR
(map)

Iniative: [roll0]

I think my dice are stuck on this 9 thing ... oiye ... **throws away dice** Somebody else roll dammit

Jeggred Von
2007-11-02, 02:51 AM
Etsia Runs full out, moving up to a large bush in front of the first wagon. Jessamyn rushes up behind Etisa and stops on the edge of the street. Fistar moves to the same side as the girls, but moves out to one side, getting the same view of the fight.

A man, older than he is young, with sweat pouring down his face, and his salt and pepper hair smeared with blood, is barely holding off three huge lizards, walking on their back legs. The three reptiles have spears or staves, and the man is fending them off with a greatsword. three lizardmen lay dead at his feet.
Three other lizardmen are reaching into the one standing wagon where two women are fighting them off. One has the look of an obviously terrified noble, and the other is waving a staff around like a she-demon, fending off the repitlian attacks.
You notice that another lizardman, larger and stockier than the others is standing, off to the edge of the jungle, watching and not moving, but he does in fact have a bow which is nocked.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Gaming/Lizardman.jpg

Elystria winds up and cranks one of the lizardmen reaching for her. Bringing the quarterstaff down on it's head, the creature staggers back and shakes his head trying to right its eyes. Then charges back in, snarling and hissing.

Image needs editing, and photobucket is down, jess is in a different spot. thank you Asta! http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp02.jpg

ROUND 1:
Etsia: 24
Lizardman 7: 20
Lizardman 3: 19
Lizardman 2: 18
Lizardman 1: 18
Zarrae : 17
Kelzir : 12
Old man: 12
Lizardman5: 11
Lizardman4: 10
Lizardman6: 10
Jessamyn: 8
Fistar: 6
Elystria: 4

Bunny~
2007-11-02, 03:28 AM
Etsia

Etsia snarled under her breath at the sight of the lizardmen. The prey was too close to the predator, using fire would be unwise. Instead she began whispering a spell under her breath, her green eyes scouting for a suitable spot. She crouched a little, the fingers of the left hand clenching around the symbol of Rillifane Rallathil that she wore as a pendant. The words turned into a low growl in the end as she finished the summon with a commanding gesture toward the three lizardmen attacking the women in the wagon.

A gray wolf appeared out of nothing next to the lizardmen. With a growl echoing Etsia's, it lunged to attack the nearest lizardman.

Summoned Wolf:

If applicable:
[roll1]

If the bite hits, attempts to Trip:
[roll2]

And to see if the wolf crits:
[roll=Bite]1d20+3

Bunny~
2007-11-02, 12:36 PM
Right, this happens when I -don't- copy-paste the roll code. ...or maybe it's the editing... the original rolls stayed the same at least, I don't dare to touch it anymore, so rolling the possible Summoned Wolf crit here in a separate post.

[roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-02, 01:17 PM
The wolf appeared (I12) out of a grey misty smoke and lunged for one of the lizardmen(6) tearing into the green reptile's hamstring. The lizardman screams and hisses trying to turn around to swat the wolf, but cannot. Althought the wolf did it's job and prevented the lizardman from helping his two allies from grabbing one of the two ladies.

The one free standing lizardman looked to his right and spotted some movement. As he noticed a small elven rogue, the lizardman leader leveled his shortbow on the rogue and fired off an arrow at Fistar.
[roll0]
[roll1]

The lizardman with a spear (3) Ducked a shot from the old man with the greatsword and lunged foreward, thrusting it into the man's gut, blood splashed the tropical grass and the man's shirt.

The next lizardman (2) swung a nasty bone chiseled sword at the old man, missing , but as he missed it put the old man in an off-balanced position, and the third lizardman fighting him (1) charged in (mv to I8) and stabbed the man in the chest, dropping him to the bloody ground.

ROUND 1:
Etsia: 24 X
Lizardman 7: 20 X
Lizardman 3: 19 X
Lizardman 2: 18 X
Lizardman 1: 18 X

Jeggred Von
2007-11-02, 01:18 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp02.jpg

Edonil
2007-11-02, 07:03 PM
KELZIR
(map)

From the sounds of angry hissing, he counted the differences in tone as it reverberated off the stones and through the air. There were at least five, probably more he surmised. The horses seemed content to remain where they were for now, so he ventured away from them in order to see more of what was going on. Yet not so far as to leave their mounts untended.

Zarrae
2007-11-02, 07:10 PM
Zarraema:

Upon hearing the lizardman scream (who could miss it after hearing the female screams?), she scowled and headed towards Kelzir, using her native tongue to speak, "Kelzir, sevir l'zaphodiopen, nind xal ssrig'luin udossta dortho."

"Kelzir, leave the horses, they may require our aid."

Without waiting, and knowing that he would be close, she took off at a dead run towards the direction the others left in...hoping and praying to Eilistraee that it was the correct way.

Edonil
2007-11-02, 07:33 PM
KELZIR
(map)

His Mistress' words snapped his attention fully. With one last look back at the horses to check on them, he launched himself into a dead run. The nearly silent hiss of drow made steel was only the beginning as his rapier and a dagger came to his hands.

He angled his approach to intersect with Zarraema, attempting to head her off slightly. If there was a bowyer about, he wanted the shaft to find him first. Reaching her, he slowed only slightly, his deep voice reaching out to carry toward the battle, as he began to sing.

Inspire Courage +1 Morale .. translates to +1 morale bonus to save versus charm and fear, +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
PERFORM: [roll0]

"Tlu kr'athin ulu jindurn dosst streea ussta mua,
Wund l'vidennen d'uoi'nota zhal dos alu.
zil dosst khel ulnen t'larryo p'los ussta velve,
whol dos ol zhah biu shaiith tonashss ulu p'obon dosst phalar."

Be ready to face your death my foe,
Into the gates of hell shall you go.
As your body lies broken before my blade,
for you it's a nameless rock to mark your grave.

daythief
2007-11-02, 08:25 PM
Elystria's dismay at the lizardmen's ability to shake off her blows turned to cautious hope as she caught sight of the newcomers, but she dared not turn her attention away to get a better look. Instead, she swung her quarterstaff with renewed vigor and put all of her slight weight behind the blow and prayed frantically to the Lord of the Continuum that there was enough time for them to get to her. Whether they would be better than the lizardmen was a risk she was willing to take.

To hit: [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-03, 02:08 AM
Kelzir and Zarraema move uptowards the location, spotting the hawk still up in the sky, circling the battle. Moving up, armed and towards the sound of the battle, the two drow make their way across the rocky tropical ground.
((You will be on the spot I have your initials at on the map for next round.))

Elystria:The number at the end of the name in the intiative list, is the order in which they go. The "X" shows who has gone.. and with your initiative at a 4, you um....go last :0. I put an "X" on your name, so i'll move your missed attack to the bottom of the attacks, once everyone has gone, then after i post your miss, it'll go back to the top, (starting with Etsia, it is sorta good to go last, because it gives you time to post what it is you want to do, and see what everyone else does. Now, you -can- post out of "your turn" and can change it whenever you want, up to the point of it being your turn. after that..it's gospel.

The lizardman (5) reaches out snatching the leg of the noble woman, yanking her hard and almost completely out of the wagon. The Lizardman (5) attempts to take a bit of her calf muscle, but the noble woman kick the lizardman in the face, stopping the bite.

The other lizardman (4), Swipes a claw at the standing staffer female, Elystria, and misses horribly. His swing is blocked by the quarterstaff deftly ((NINJA IBBY! He missed his roll...)).

The final lizardman reaches back and sraps it's claws along the wolf's back, tearing chunks of fur and flesh from the wolf. Scoring deep gashes in the wolf's back, the lizardman howls ((I have track of the summoned monster's hp))

Jessamyn is up.

ROUND 1:
Lizardman 7: 20 X
Lizardman 3: 19 X
Zarrae : 17 X
Kelzir : 12 X
Old man: 12 X
Lizardman5: 11 X
Lizardman4: 10 X
Lizardman6: 10 X
Elystria: 4 X

bluenihil
2007-11-03, 09:30 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin strides forward into the fray, bringing her greatsword to bear and thrusting out at the torso of the lizardman that has the woman by the leg.

Heh, short post...

Attack on lizardman 5: [roll0]

Confirmation in case of crit: [roll1]

In case of hit, damage: [roll2]

-- the Dmg(S) and Dmg(M) always mixes me up, so this is the Dmg(M)...if it wasn't what I rolled before, then I was wrong on....one of these rolls! *shrug!* It's not a small greatsword. <.<

Tsol
2007-11-03, 01:57 PM
Fistar

"Why that silly lizard trying to hit me with an arrow," Fistar smirked as he took aim with his own bow and let loose at the lizard with the bow. "Here's a gift from little ole me."

At #7 Lizardman

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

*cough* I think I coughed..

Jeggred Von
2007-11-05, 01:00 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp03.jpg

Jessamyn rushes up to the lizardman who turns to spot the paladin right before her greatsword swung upward. The slice through the air didn't sotop once it hit lizardman flesh. It tore through his arm at the armpit and it's tip gashed dthrough it's neck, spewing blood everywhere. The lizardman dropped into a pile of it's own blood, gurgling, and choking on it's own blood. The arm still hung attached to the noble woman's leg, which increased her terror to the point, her eyes rolled up into her skull and she fell back into the wagon.

Fistar Fired the arrow, sending it towards the lizardman, but wind, wun in his eyes, or something veered the arrow behind the lizardman and the arrow dissapeared into the jungle behind him.

You all hear (Z and Kel too) the sound of a man, screaming bloody murder. You turn to see the three lizardmen,(1,2,3) rip into the man's flesh, tearing an arm off at the elbow and another one tearing into the man's throat dropping the man dead to the bloody grass.

The standing woman with the quarterstaff swung down and struck the other lizardman, but shook the blow off, which only made the woman fight harder. Seeing the noblewoman beside her pass out from stress, the standing female seemed to only fight more fiercely, to keep them both alive.

ROUND 2:
Etsia: 24
Lizardman 3: 19
Lizardman 2: 18
Lizardman 1: 18

Bunny~
2007-11-05, 05:35 PM
Etsia

Etsia snarled as she saw the wolf -- summoned or not -- get hurt. She stepped out of the protection of the bushes, pulled out her sling and aimed a shot at the lizard who had hurt the animal.

Attacking Lizardman 6 with a sling, rolling possible critical check and damage, in case she hits.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-06, 03:20 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp04.jpg

Etsia winds up and stands quickly, popping from the bush, She fires the rock at the speed of a bullet, cracking the one lizardman (6) in the eye, dropping him to the floor.

The obvious lizardman leader(7) sneered at the elf and puts his bow away as one of the other lizardman(3), brought it's leader the dead old man's severed head. Taking the head in it's hands, the leader turned and dissapeared into the jungle. The lizardman (3) draws out a crude rusty short sword and leather wrapped shield.

The closest liardman (1) ran up about 10 feet and threw a spear toward Fistar with a hiss.
[roll0]
[roll1]

While the one launched a spear, the other Lizardman (2) spotted the paladin, then saw a small elf pop out of the bush, but instead fired it's spear at the paladin, determining her a bigger threat.

[roll2]
[roll3]

ROUND 2:
Lizardman 3: 19 x
Lizardman 2: 18 x
Lizardman 1: 18 x

Jeggred Von
2007-11-06, 03:21 AM
((Crit threat on Fistar, need a successful hit to make a crit, triple dmg.))

spear - (1d20+1)[13]

(If this hits, triple the original dmg.)
No critical, but Fistar has a spear through his thigh, and sticking out the back....and sticking into the ground..

((SPIKED THE MAGPIE BOY!))

Zarrae
2007-11-07, 07:34 PM
Zarraema:

Close enough, by now, to see a few things, she frowns as they run and whispers a prayer, "Dark Lady, give me wisdom in this..."

Kelzir's song gave her a bit of confidence - knowing that he was near did even more. Unable to pick up the pace any more than she was already moving, she peered ahead to see where her abilities might best be used - my sword or my spells, which will they need more?

Zarraema's search the area, to see where she might be of use.
[roll0]

((OMG! Zarraema is blind! x.x))

Edonil
2007-11-07, 07:52 PM
KELZIR
(still mappin it)

He continued on his way, his eyes scanning the scene with anything but a servile attitude. This was life and death, a game he'd been playing for many years. Carelessness now would cost one or all of them dearly, and mistakes could not be afforded. He watched the movements of the lizards as he approached rapidly, trying to determine the flow of the fight. He wasn't trying to be stealthy, he knew his songs would bolster his companions, so still on the run, he sang out.

Continuing to sing and provide bonuses in combat, when I'm within earshot they should take effect.

Search: Optimum point of attack or assistance if needed [roll0]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-08, 02:22 AM
Zarraema
click on your picture sig...go to skills....you have a +3 in SPOT.....don't forget you still get points for bonuses when using skills, even if you didn't put points in it. no need to reroll i put you in a random spot.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp05.jpg

Anyone who attacks, now the group all gets an additional +1 to attacks from Kelzir's song.

The one lizardman (4) Snatches a small wrapped bundle out of the wagon, and with a lump growing on his head, it turns tail and runs into the woods.

The other Lizardman (6) staggers to it's feet, clutching one of his eyes. blood was pouring down it's green scaled face and it makes a half hearted defensive swipe in front of him but hitting nothing.

(He can't attack since he stood up. Jessamyn gets one free Attack of Opportunity on him as he is standing, and then it's her turn..so Jessamyn, go twice!)

ROUND 2:
Lizardman 3: 19 x
Lizardman 2: 18 x
Zarrae : 17 x
Kelzir : 12 x
Lizardman4: 10 x
Lizardman6: 10 x

bluenihil
2007-11-08, 11:43 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin saw one of the lizardmen pull a bundle from the wagon and immediately alarm-bells went off in her head. She stepped forward over the body of the one she had previously spitted, prepared to give chase, when the lizardman who had collapsed a moment before staggered to its feet beside her. Reflexively she slashed at the potential threat before lunging past it, bringing her sword back and up in an arc before stabbing straight forward at the fleeing lizardman's midsection.

Attack of Opportunity on Lizardman 6: [roll0]

Confirmation in case of crit: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Attack on Lizardman 4 (provided it hasn't run out of reach of a 5'+ sword yet): [roll3]

Confirmation in case of crit: [roll4]

Damage: [roll5]

Added the bonus point due to Kelzir's song.

Edit: Meh! Can I switch my attack and crit-confirmation rolls? *snickers, shakes fist at dice*

Jeggred Von
2007-11-08, 12:50 PM
Jessamyn steps up and approaches the lizardman(6) who has about 4 feet gain on her. She slashes deftly to her side and barely missed the one eyed lizardman(6), before turning her attention on the leaving lizardman with the bundle.

With a fast slash, Jessamyn watched a scaley foot fly high into the air, severed above the ankle, flipping end over end and landing in the bush behind her. The one-legged lizardman (4) falls hard screaming and tossing the bundle into the air. It hits the ground (H9) and it begins to cry. Small infant crying can be heard from the bundle!

((fistar's turn, then Elystria))

Tsol
2007-11-08, 08:54 PM
Fistar

Fistar gasps in pain as he looks down to the spear protuding from his thigh. When he saw the spear fly towards him, his life flashed before his eyes and then for some unknown reason he stumbled to the side and the spear impaled his thigh. Gasping with pain and almost dropping his bow he looked at the battle, with outmost concentration he took aim at the one of the lizardman closest to him and let loose an arrow, before pain and shock overcame him and he dropped the bow and grasps his thigh.

Attack lizardman #3 I'm not even sure if he can with a spear in his leg.. if you want to take any penality off do so.. I've added Kelzir's song to the attack.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

daythief
2007-11-08, 10:46 PM
Elystria let out another shout as the lizardman grabbed the bundle and then, staff still in hand, considered the situation. Chances were good that the lizardmen weren't much interested in her... which made it an excellent moment for a little satisfaction. She sighted on nearest lizardman and narrowed her eyes, raised her free hand, and spit out the arcane words that would cast the missile of power.

Shooting lizardman 2, I believe? [roll0]

Bunny~
2007-11-08, 11:15 PM
Etsia

Etsia blinked up as she heard the cry of a baby. She did not know what the lizardmen wanted with the baby, but she rather stayed ignorant on that as well. Instead she concentrated on the new priority: to keep the lizardmen from snatching the bundle again.

Seeing one of the women in the wagon cast a spell at the lizardman nearest to the infant, she took aim and shot at the lizardman who was near to the bundle as well.

Attacking lizardman 1 with a sling. Adding the +1 from Kelzir's song. Rolling possible crit-check and damage, if she hits.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-09, 02:35 AM
Fistar: After tossing the spear at Fistar, the lizardman began closing the space between him and Fistar, but instead caught a fletched arrow in the chest, and soon the heart inside, cleaved in twain, stops beating.

Elystria: The lizardman(2) looked suprised as the magical missle of pinkish energy rocks out of the female standing on the wagon and the missle catches it right between the eyes, but merely staggers the lizardman.

The other spear-tosser lizardman(1) attempts to start to close the gap between he and the paladin, first caught a rock in the face from Etsia, staggering him.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp06.jpg

The one lizardman bloody from the dead old man(2) turns his head at the sound of the baby and bolts for it (Full run). With a magic missle wound on his head, he scooped the bundle up into his scaley arms and continued to run, leaving two lizardmen standing (6)(1). With one eye, wildly swinging around a growing pile of his dead and dying lizard friends The lizardmen howl and hiss.

ROUND 3:

Zarrae
2007-11-10, 06:38 AM
Zarraema:

Seeing the chatterbox Wood Elf speared through the leg told her immediately, where she was needed. Spells would do him no good with the weapon still protruding from him, but she could at least remain nearby to ensure that he was not injured further; until it was safe to remove the offending object.

Admittedly, she could not see much from her vantage point, but this seemed to be the most immediate use for her abilities, and so, she drew her bastard sword and took up a defensive position between Fisten...Fiter?...whatever his name was, and the still-moving lizardmen.

Edonil
2007-11-10, 07:04 AM
KELZIR
(map)

Song still streaming from his lips, he surmised the situation quickly. The one fleeing, the other two still in place. The fleeing one was already out of accurate dagger range, nearly sixty feet away. So he turned his attention to the other two.

With nothing resembling a flourish, he speared the ground with his rapier and tossed his dagger in twisting hop to his other hand while drawing the other dagger. As it came free, the first one was let fly in a spinning arc toward the lizard headed for the armored woman. As he lifted his rapier back up from where it was stuck in the ground.

To hit lizard man 1 ... [roll0]
critical ... [roll1]
dagger damage ... [roll2]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-12, 12:24 PM
The dark elven bard sung his song and let fly a dagger. end over end it flipped right over the paladin's left shoulder, and into the skull of the lizardman(6). With a shudder and a wail, the green skinned creature dropped to Jessamyn's feet, dead.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302/shonuffstudios/Maps/gothmoorpurp07.jpg

ROUND 3:
Etsia: 24 x
Zarrae : 17 x
Kelzir : 12 x

bluenihil
2007-11-12, 02:32 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin had seen the other lizardman snatch the baby, but she knew all too well that she could not hope to catch up with the unburdened creature...especially after it lunged into the forest. Face set in a grim mask, she turned her attention to the last enemy on the field and stepped forward over another scaly corpse, driving her greatsword at the remaining lizardman.

Attack on lizardman 1: [roll0] with the +1 still from the bardsong I think

In case of crit: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] with the +1 from the bardsong I believe

Edit: Wow, I totally failed to hit. Heehee. Jessamyn too pissed off to attack effectively!

Tsol
2007-11-13, 12:28 PM
Fistar

Fistar writhed in pain as he grasped the protuding spear his hand and shoved the shaft of it all the way thru, letting out a loud yelp at the pain. Grimacing with a look of determination, he picked up his bow and took aim at the remain lizard only to noticed that there was a dark elf in his way. He waited until he could see a clear shot.

((only attack if its a clear shot.. hmm not even sure he can attack after spending his move removing the spear.. ))

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

daythief
2007-11-13, 10:10 PM
Elystria let out her breath in a huff as she looked after the fleeing lizardman. The one left didn't look like it stood much chance against the woman in the armor and her companions... no sense in wasting a spell when she might be in hot water shortly! Instead, the white-haired elf crouched down next to the noblewoman with her in the cart to assess her situation... and to give Elystria herself time to think about her own.

Bunny~
2007-11-13, 11:17 PM
Etsia

Etsia snarled as one of the lizardmen managed to steal the baby and run into the jungle. Its companions were falling fast, though. They just had to make sure they all fell now. She aimed a shot at the last standing lizardman.

Attacking lizardman 1 with a sling, adding +1 to attack and damage rolls, thanks to Kelzir's song~

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Jeggred Von
2007-11-14, 02:54 AM
Like a lizardman trained in the ancient arts of kung fu, the agile lizardman twists and turns as the blows from everyone don't even come close. Hissing and growling, the lizardman ignores everyone and leaps to his right and then turns quickly, lashing out at Kelzir with his rusty short sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

((Photobucket is down, can't put up the new map yet..so i'll do it tomorrow.))

ROUND 4:

Zarrae
2007-11-14, 07:10 PM
Zarraema:

She didn't even notice the bard removing the spear from his own leg after she saw a weapon swing at Kelzir. Even the Moon Dancer taught revenge and this was the time for it; hit or not, he'd threatened her lov-...former slave.

With a quiet growl and using both hands, she swung the bastard sword in an arc toward the lizardman.

Two-handed swing of the bastard sword towards the remaining lizardman. (Added in Kelzir's song)

Roll to hit:
[roll0]

In case of crit:
[roll1]

Damage if applicable:
[roll2]

((<facepalms> Leave it to the priestess to try to cut off the leg of the person she's trying to save... oiye))

Jeggred Von
2007-11-14, 07:59 PM
The lizardman swung high and hard, glancing off the bard's leather aromor. the shot coming close to his neck, but bouncing high, doing no damage.

THe lizardman saw the female dark elf coming around her once-slave and it's eyes went wide, and ducked to the far side of Kelzir as Zarraema swung..

((Rolling a 1, is a fumble...you roll again ,taking your crit roll, and if you miss, it's a critical FUMBLE...yeah...*sighs*))

As the moondancer came around with the swing of the sword, the lizardman, ducks low and steps back half a foot, feeling the breeze over his back. Kelzir watched the lizardman do this strange duck, then caught the glint of shining steel out of the corner of his eye..as it dove through his leather armor and bit slightly into his ribs. ((1/4 of original dmg, no str bonuses- 2dmg))

The lizardman sort of dances to a standing stance again, unsure wether or not he's good enough to fight one of the legendary dark elves of the Southern surface. With a hiss and a chimping of a mouthful of teeth, he grips his rusty short sword and shield.

ROUND 4:
Zarrae : 17 X

Edonil
2007-11-14, 08:14 PM
KELZIR
(map)

Pain, it was nothing new. It wasn't even surprising, he'd been hurt many times before, in many ways of training. He merely stared at the lizard for a short moment before lunging into motion.

He dropped to the ground, after the blow to his side was pulled back. In a tucking motion, he rolled forward to stab outward with the long rapier in his hand, holding the dagger in reserve to parry another thrust from the reptile.

Tumble: [roll0]
To hit with Rapier: [roll1]
Critical chance: [roll2]
Damnage: [roll3]

bluenihil
2007-11-14, 08:25 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin was getting frustrated. Precious seconds lost as the baby-stealing lizardman fled into the forest, as their injured continued to bleed, as the ambushed dead lay still sprawled on the turf... It was an insult to their efforts thus far, and all due to a single dancing lizardman--!

That was it. She swept her greatsword up over her head in a move her sword-trainer had always cautioned about, then simply brought it down fast and hard at the lizardman's head.

Not a called shot, though she'd really like to split him in two. *crosses fingers, prays for no fumble*

Attack: [roll0]

Crit chance: 1d20+d

Damage: [roll1]

Edit: +d! Yes! I know how to type, really I do! x.x At least I think I got it...

Jeggred Von
2007-11-14, 08:48 PM
The lizardman raised the shield up quickly, blocking the rapier but just barely. With another hiss, the lizardman raised the shortsword up to grop it into the bard's face, but instead was smashed into the bloddy grass as a paladin's great sword came down, crushing his skull into pieces, breaking it's neck and shoving his reptilian head into his shoulderblades. The lizardman fell over with a sickening plop.

As everyone hears the combat die down, you can hear another low long moan, coming from the other side of the wagons.

((everyone check the OOC thread))

Bunny~
2007-11-15, 01:34 PM
Etsia

Etsia's glare changed into a delighted grin as the paladin finally caught the dancing lizardman. She let out a little sound that could have easily been 'Ha!' and then -- after a quick glance to make sure everything green and scaly was really down and not moving -- she ran to where the sliced lizardman lay, made a face at it and looked like she was going to poke it with her spear for good measure. Then her ears twitched at the new sound, and she headed toward it to see what was making the moaning sound.

Jeggred Von
2007-11-15, 03:30 PM
Etsia

You round the wagons to see a man hidden by the large wooden caravan. Leaning against one of the wagon's wheels, his hip is bleeding, as is his knee. You notic that his thigh has an extra 'bend" in it that shouldn't be there, and the leg is most likely compound fractured. A shaft of a broken off arrow protrudes from the bloody hole in his hip and he raises a dagger at you defensively as you round the wagon.

"D-do not c-come any closs-ser. I'll h-have yer liver!" The man is scared, and his face is wet with tears of pain.
((The others can hear the man speaking, no roll needed.))

The woman is groggily waking up from her fainting spell, and looking arounddrowsily for her infant.

"Merrie? Merrie? W-where is my baby?" The woman looks up to Her robed female quarterstaffed companion in the wagon near her.

Bunny~
2007-11-15, 03:42 PM
Etsia

Etsia tilted her head and blinked. "Nono, we didn't attack you. The lizards did. We killed them." She nodded for emphasis, then pointed at the man's wounds. "I can heal that for you, if you let me." She attached the sling back to her belt, then made a face as she heard the woman in the wagon speaking.

"One of the lizards ran off with the baby." She glanced over her shoulder toward the jungle and made a face. "...I can probably track it down..."

Jeggred Von
2007-11-15, 03:49 PM
The man looks over to Etsia and then over to the woman crying for her baby.
With a sigh and a curt nod, he lowers the dagger and allows Etsia to do the healing. (his dagger is still in hand, but at his side as he closes his eyes and readies himself for the pain.

The woman begins to bawl and sob uncontrollably. She wails for her child and looks over the side of the wagon to The paladin.

"Please! you must find my baby! I will pay you whatever you want! I will offer you everything I have, if you just find my baby!" The woman pleads at Jessamyn, trying to clutch the paladin's armor or cloak.

Bunny~
2007-11-15, 04:05 PM
Etsia

Etsia stepped closer to the man and sighed. "Need to take the arrow out. It will hurt." With no further warning or debate, she leaned down, took a hold of the arrow and yanked it out, dropping it and immediately following with a healing spell, touching the arrow-wound on his hip and the obviously broken leg.

Since Fistar was situated basically behind Etsia's back, she's actually unaware that he's hurt at the moment.
[roll0]

Zarrae
2007-11-15, 09:33 PM
Zarraema:

She froze as her sword bit into Kelzir's armor, completely missing the lizardman, and all but dropped the blade at his feet. Only shock truly kept her grip on it, but the tip lowered to the ground.

As the beast finally fell to the Paladin's blade, she shook herself. She'd done so much worse to Kelzir when they were in the Underdark...and she'd done that on purpose. Swallowing her pride and her concern, and seeing that he was able to thrust at the lizard, she turned to the ever-yammering-Wood Elf, unaware that he'd removed the spear on his own.

Well, at least he has enough intelligence behind that mouth to know what to do...

She softly whispered in the dialect of the Underdark just before moving towards Fis- ..whatever his name was, "...I will tend you soon, Kelzir, ...I apologize for my poor aim." Words seem so hollow...

As she approached the bleeding Wood Elf, she raised her voice, "...I shall attempt to heal you, though it might cause some discomfort."

Without pause for him to object, she took a deep breath and called on her connection to the Moon Maiden, just before laying the palm of her hand over the bleeding gouge in Fistar's leg.

Cure Light Wounds:
[roll0]

((that's with +2 for my level...if I'm still supposed to roll at +1, then subtract one? hehe. Let's see what happens to the poor chatterbox!))

Edonil
2007-11-15, 09:50 PM
KELZIR
(mappin)

He came back up from the ground to his feet as the lizard fell. The thud of the body was unnoticed while his eyes scanned the distance for the possibility of any re-enforcements. Finally he turned himself at his Mistress' voice and bowed deeply.

"It is nothing for concern Mistress, merely a slight annoyance. It is a small price for my display of arrogance which placed me in the path of your swing. There are others that may require your attention much worse."

bluenihil
2007-11-16, 10:45 AM
Jessamyn

The paladin was pacing, obviously agitated. In the time it had taken for the healers to do their work, she had walked among the downed lizardmen, making sure they were dead, and paused at the beheaded body of the old man. Her face was tight, eyes like chips of jade; she still carried her sword, low and off to one side, but had not yet stopped to clean the blade.

Her eyes searched the jungle edge as if, by looking hard enough, she could find some sort of path through it. Pale platinum brows drew down further and further as she saw nothing of the sort. Her jaw tightened. This was a disaster.

When the woman grabbed her arm, Jessamyn halted and turned her head, not trusting herself to turn all the way with the sword. She fixed her gaze on the woman's watery eyes.

"We will retrieve the child," she said gravely. "It was our mistake that caused its capture. But we must send you and your companion to safety before more lizards find us."

As much as she hated the idea of sending the civilians off alone, there was not time to escort them to Gothmoor if they were to catch up with the babysnatcher. And there was the matter of the slain man. Plans rose and fell in the paladin's mind, none of them sufficient. She had to hope the others would agree to their new mission.

daythief
2007-11-16, 11:14 AM
Elystria

As the woman began to entreat the newcomers, Elystria backed away... sighed... gathered up her few belongings and clambered out of the wagon. Her silver eyes took a quick check of the group curiously and she nodded to herself. They certainly looked like adventurers. Perfect.

"We will retrieve the child," said the woman in armor. "It was our mistake that caused its capture. But we must send you and your companion to safety before more lizards find us."

Elystria strode over, smoothing her robes, and frowned seriously.

"You are right, they will be safer within walls. Besides, we'll make better time without them."

Bunny~
2007-11-16, 12:09 PM
Etsia

Etsia beamed at the man as his wounds healed. She tiptoed to pat him on the head. "All better."

She turned to look at the women near the wagon, hearing the conversation. "I can look for tracks. The lizardmen must have a camp somewhere. Do you know why they attacked? ...and who's the man whose head they took?"

She looked at the overturned wagon, and then blinked, realizing that something was missing. "What happened to the horses? Did they take them, too?" She narrowed her eyes, then walked around the wagon slowly, looking for hoof prints to see where the horses had ran off -- or been taken.

Rolling Survival to locate possible horse-tracks.
[roll0]

bluenihil
2007-11-16, 12:18 PM
Jessamyn

The paladin looked over Elystria, her hard expression unwavering. Vaguely she recalled some flash of magic during the fight, perhaps from the wagons' direction, and it was certainly not from the bawling woman who currently clung to her arm, so...

"You wish to accompany us, then? My name is Jessamyn Starwater...do you have a horse?"

daythief
2007-11-16, 12:32 PM
Elystria

The young elf began to grin, but faltered at the mention of a horse. She looked off at the remains of the caravan, hoping...

"Er... no. But, ehm, well. You could use my skills! I'm a student of..." she paused, trying to decide how far she could exaggerate. "The arcane magics and mysteries of the continuum!" There, that sounded suitably impressive.

Tsol
2007-11-16, 01:00 PM
Fistar

With a grimace the wood elf watched the the female dark elf heal his leg, the wound slowly closed with a tingling feeling, "Oh don't worry about me, its only a flesh wound really. I'm sure I'll survive just fine thank you for your kind assisstance, " he muttered under his breath as he picked at the damaged leather armor, "I guess I shall need to get this repaired". Fistar then caught the words of reward, for retrieving the lost baby. "How much reward to get the baby back?" He could almost feel the paladin's ice cold glare freezing his heart.
The wood elf looked at the ground and kicked the dirt and mumbled under his breath almost silently, "I was just askin...."