PDA

View Full Version : Reimagining movies with the Muppets

theskorpionking
2016-04-19, 05:03 AM
I created a thread some time last year about reimagining the movie The Big Lebowski featuring The Muppets. Now I had the Dude being played by Kermit, Fozzie playing in Walter and Gonzo as Donnie. I had originally thought about trying to get my fellow play grounders to see who they would cast in the movie, but I changed my mind. I now want to see what movies you guys and gals of giants would cast The Muppets in. I'll start with the movie Clerks. I could definitely see Kermit the Frog being Jay and Fozzie the Bear being Silent Bob.

Lentrax
2016-04-19, 05:46 AM
I would cast them in Tombstone. Fozzie Bear as Wyatt Earp, Sam Eagle as Virgil Earp. Kermit the Frog gets Doc Holliday.

KillingAScarab
2016-04-20, 01:51 AM
I created a thread some time last year about reimagining the movie The Big Lebowski featuring The Muppets. Now I had the Dude being played by Kermit, Fozzie playing in Walter and Gonzo as Donnie. I had originally thought about trying to get my fellow play grounders to see who they would cast in the movie, but I changed my mind. I now want to see what movies you guys and gals of giants would cast The Muppets in. I'll start with the movie Clerks. I could definitely see Kermit the Frog being Jay and Fozzie the Bear being Silent Bob.With the way he gets treated in The Muppet Show (the original), Kermit is Dante because, "I'm not even supposed to be here today," echoes his scheduling troubles. Gonzo is Randall, he can't take anything seriously but is also too weird to be played by Fozzie. Rizzo is the roofer they talk to about contract work on the Death Star. Animal is the Russian who plays in a band ("Berserker!"). Bunsen and Beaker are Jay and Silent Bob. Those are all of the Muppets I feel comfortable casting in Clerks.

Now, imagine if The Swedish Chef was in The King's Speech. :smallamused:

DiscipleofBob
2016-04-20, 12:07 PM
Oh this looks like fun...

The Avengers, starring...
Kermit the Frog as Nick Fury
Fozzie Bear as Phil Coulson
Janice as Maria Hill
Sam Eagle as Captain America
Miss Piggy as Black Widow
Gonzo as Iron Man
Camilla as Pepper Potts
Scooter as Bruce Banner
Sweetums as Hulk
Pepe as Hawkeye
Swedish Chef as Thor
Deadly as Loki

Red Fel
2016-04-20, 12:29 PM
I seem to remember Jeremy from CinemaSins doing some "fun with audio" bits where he takes the audio from various iconic movie scenes and puts it into a Muppet scene.

It works surprisingly well.

So, in that vein, Muppets in Reservoir Dogs. Picture it.

Leewei
2016-04-20, 01:33 PM
I seem to remember Jeremy from CinemaSins doing some "fun with audio" bits where he takes the audio from various iconic movie scenes and puts it into a Muppet scene.

It works surprisingly well.

So, in that vein, Muppets in Reservoir Dogs. Picture it.

Joe Cabot: Kermit the Frog
Mr. Blonde: Fozzie Bear (Swedish Chef also works)
Mr. Orange: Scooter
Mr. Pink: Ratzo
Mr. White: Pepe

Cop hostage: Bert from Sesame Street (who has his nose removed).

Grey Watcher
2016-04-20, 06:21 PM
... Bunsen and Beaker are Jay and Silent Bob. ...

I dunno, part of me thinks, given their role as observers of the plot more than participants, there's an argument for Statler and Waldorf in those roles (I leave it up to others to decide which is which).

digiman619
2016-04-21, 11:57 PM
With the way he gets treated in The Muppet Show (the original), Kermit is Dante because, "I'm not even supposed to be here today," echoes his scheduling troubles. Gonzo is Randall, he can't take anything seriously but is also too weird to be played by Fozzie. Rizzo is the roofer they talk to about contract work on the Death Star. Animal is the Russian who plays in a band ("Berserker!"). Bunsen and Beaker are Jay and Silent Bob. Those are all of the Muppets I feel comfortable casting in Clerks. Now, imagine if The Swedish Chef was in The King's Speech. :smallamused: If I could only draw, I would totally draw that. I'd also cast Doctor Teeth for the infamous "in a row" line.

Lentrax
2016-04-23, 02:51 AM
I dunno, part of me thinks, given their role as observers of the plot more than participants, there's an argument for Statler and Waldorf in those roles (I leave it up to others to decide which is which).

But let's also look at it from the viewpoint of the rest of the View Askew movies.

Stoner Kid: "Can I get a nickel bag?"

Kermit the Frog: "Fifteen bucks, little man. Put that s*** in my hand... etc."

KillingAScarab
2016-04-23, 08:05 AM
I dunno, part of me thinks, given their role as observers of the plot more than participants, there's an argument for Statler and Waldorf in those roles (I leave it up to others to decide which is which).I had considered that. As I see it, the problem with Statler and Waldorf is that one of them would have to not talk. Beaker is at least unintelligible most of the time, and I seem to recall Bunsen and Beaker were chemists, which is somewhat appropriate for drug dealers.

GAZ
2016-04-23, 11:33 PM
Look around and the first movie I see is Die Hard.

John McClane: Kermit the Frog. It's not easy being green or the everyman hero caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Plus I would love to hear his take on Yippee Ki Yay etc!
Holly Gennaro: Miss Piggy is obviously Kermit's estranged wife.
Al Powell: Rowlf the Dog is calm, but wisecracking maintaining morale over the radio.
Argyle: Rizzo the Rat is our comedy relief side character who still contributes to the hero's win.
Hans Gruber: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as the criminal genius taking over Nakatomi Plaza.
Karl: Beaker is of course Bunsen's chief henchman and will "Meep" instead of grunting German.
Theo: Animal because who else could play our hacker/safecracker other than The Electric Mayhem's wild drummer?
LAPD Deputy Chief: Sam the Eagle is the stuffy and overblown dingus.
The FBI Johnsons: Statler and Waldorf as the inseparable pair of jerks.
Harry Ellis: Foozie Bear is our catchphrase spewing, tie wearing wannabe.
Joseph Takagi: Dr. Teeth with Janice and the rest of the band filling in the office.

I can't think of anything for the Great Gonzo though. :( Maybe he and Rizzo could double team the Argyle role?

TheThan
2016-04-24, 03:49 PM
I was going to suggest Die Hard, but it looks like someone got it already

How about Jurrasic Park?
Kermit the Frog as Dr. Alan Grant
Miss Piggy as Dr. Ellie Sattler, obviously
Gonzo as Dr. Ian Malcolm obviously
Statler and Waldorf interchangeably as John Hammond
Scooter as Timmy
Camilla the chicken as Lex
Fozzy the bear as Donald Gennaro
Rowlf the dog as game warden Robert Muldoom
Pepe the king prawn Dennis Nedry
Beaker as Ray Arnold
Rizzo the rat Dodgson
Bunsen Honeydew Dr. Wu

And Animal as all the dinosaurs

theskorpionking
2016-04-25, 04:55 AM
But let's also look at it from the viewpoint of the rest of the View Askew movies.

Stoner Kid: "Can I get a nickel bag?"

Kermit the Frog: "Fifteen bucks, little man. Put that s*** in my hand... etc."

At the same time it would be fun to see Beaker as Jay and Bunson as Silent Bob. I only put Kermit and Fozzie in those roles to show that they didn't necessarily have to be the main characters. I also think that Gonzo would make a pretty good Dante, with maybe Rizzo or Pepe as Randall. Think of the conversation that Dante and Veronica had behind the counter (Hint: it deals with the number 37) done by Gonzo and his chicken Camilla. I should also point out that the entire cast of Muppets can be used. Anyone from the new show, old show, sesame street, or any of the Muppet movies are fair game. And possible any other puppet characters from the various Jim Henson films.

GAZ
2016-04-26, 01:48 PM
I was going to suggest Die Hard, but it looks like someone got it already.

Sorry. But what did you think of my cast? Any particularly good or bad choices?
For your Jurassic Park, I really like Scooter as Tim, so why not Skeeter for Lex?

Leewei
2016-04-26, 03:01 PM
At the same time it would be fun to see Beaker as Jay and Bunson as Silent Bob. I only put Kermit and Fozzie in those roles to show that they didn't necessarily have to be the main characters. I also think that Gonzo would make a pretty good Dante, with maybe Rizzo or Pepe as Randall. Think of the conversation that Dante and Veronica had behind the counter (Hint: it deals with the number 37) done by Gonzo and his chicken Camilla. I should also point out that the entire cast of Muppets can be used. Anyone from the new show, old show, sesame street, or any of the Muppet movies are fair game. And possible any other puppet characters from the various Jim Henson films.

Having thought this over a bit, I think Zoot would be the best Silent Bob. Working from there, Floyd would be a passable Jay (although Pepe is closer, character-wise).

TheThan
2016-04-26, 03:35 PM
Sorry. But what did you think of my cast? Any particularly good or bad choices?
For your Jurassic Park, I really like Scooter as Tim, so why not Skeeter for Lex?

Don't worry about it. I didn't cast skeeter as lex because I completely forgot about about her. But Skeeter makes for a much better fit.

As for die Hard, I actually really like the cast.
This is actually really fun:

some other suggestion:

The Muppetator:
Fozzy bear as the terminator (come one, a cyborg nearly unstoppable fozzy is amazing)
Kermit the Frog as Kyle Reese
Miss Piggy as Sarah Conner
Sattler and Waldorf as the two cops
Rolf the dog as the criminal psychologist
Camilla the chicken as Ginger
Gonzo as the boyfriend

Muppetator 2: Muppet day
Fozzy bear as The T-800
Miss Piggy as Sarah Conner
Scooter as John Conner
Animal as the T-1000
Rolf the Dog as the criminal psychologist

Muppets of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl
Gonzo as Captain Jack Sparrow
Dr. Teeth as Captain Barbossa
The Electric Mayhem as the crew of the Black Pearl
Crazy Harry as the pirate with the two bombs
Kermit as Will Turner
Miss Piggy as Elizabeth Swan
Fozzy as Gibbs
Sam the eagle as Commodore Norrington
Pepe the King prawn and Rizzo the rat as Pintel and Ragetti (the two pirates)
Statler and Waldorf as the two royal marines
Camilla the chicken as Scarlett (the lady that’s smacks Jack on Tortuga)
The other characters can be filled out as necessary.

wombat31
2016-04-26, 04:31 PM
Fun fact. When I first saw Pirates of the Caribbean Norrington reminded me of Sam the eagle from Muppet treasure island

digiman619
2016-04-26, 05:28 PM
Fun fact. When I first saw Pirates of the Caribbean Norrington reminded me of Sam the eagle from Muppet treasure island Similarly Fun Fact: When I read the Discworld book Making Money, Mr Bent was also voiced by Sam the Eagle.

KillingAScarab
2016-04-26, 09:19 PM
Having thought this over a bit, I think Zoot would be the best Silent Bob. Working from there, Floyd would be a passable Jay (although Pepe is closer, character-wise).Zoot is absolutely a better fit for Silent Bob. How did I miss that?

theskorpionking
2016-05-03, 05:49 AM
Time for one last shameful bump. I recently watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off and I think I got it Muppetized. I would go with Gonzo as Ferris. Possibly going with Fozzie as Cameron and Kermit as Mr. Rooney. Hopefully there will be a little bit more discussion in this thread, but if not I had fun.

KillingAScarab
2016-05-03, 06:56 AM
Time for one last shameful bump. I recently watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off and I think I got it Muppetized. I would go with Gonzo as Ferris. Possibly going with Fozzie as Cameron and Kermit as Mr. Rooney. Hopefully there will be a little bit more discussion in this thread, but if not I had fun.Miss Piggy has to be Jeannie. There's no one else who can be resentful that everything centers around someone else. I think I see Sam Eagle as Mr. Rooney; his Wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Eagle) uses the word "pomposity." I wonder who can play the parts of the parking attendants... Statler and Waldorf getting their own adventure seems wrong. Could we pair Animal and Crazy Harry?

theskorpionking
2016-05-03, 08:44 AM
I was actually thinking Sam the eagle could play Ferris' dad. And I don't see why they couldn't be the attendees. Just imagine them laughing as the Ferrari catches some air.

lt_murgen
2016-05-04, 02:28 PM
50 Shades of Green?

theskorpionking
2016-05-04, 02:30 PM
50 Shades of Green?

Is it weird that that would actually be a movie I would probably go see?

Lentrax
2016-05-31, 05:24 AM
What with the new... I hesitate to call them The Ghostbusters, but well, I guess we'll see.

Anyway, let's cast the OGs (Original Ghostbusters.).

Gonzo as Venkman, Sam Eagle as Egon, Fozzie as Ray, Dr. Teeth as Winston.

Miss Piggy as Janine, Kermit is Walter Peck. Scooter as Louis.

KillingAScarab
2016-05-31, 07:50 AM
Anyway, let's cast the OGs (Original Ghostbusters.).
Miss Piggy as Janine, Kermit is Walter Peck...I think Kermit is the hotel manager who gets threatened with putting Slimer (Big Mean Carl...why are there so many voracious muppets (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppets_eating_other_Muppets)?) back where they found him. The Newsman can play Walter Peck. Miss Piggy plays Dana, who else could substitute for Sigourney Weaver and a demon dog?

Sweetums is the destructor.

Who is most likely to be an animated Statue of Liberty controlled by music and an NES Advantage? Animal?

Lentrax
2016-05-31, 07:58 AM
Nah. Miss Piggy is totally Janine. Mostly because of the scene where Venkman puts her down, and she answers the phone. "Ghostbusters. WHAT DO YOU WANT!!"

theskorpionking
2016-05-31, 09:34 AM
I can see this. So with Gonzo being Venkman, I guess that would mean that Camilla would be Dana. All kinds of hilarity right there. However, I could see Sam the Eagle as the uptight hotel manager. Maybe Kermit could be Slimer.

veti
2016-06-01, 01:17 AM
I'm surprised no-one has yet tried to cast Muppets of the Stick.

Kermit as Elan
Miss Piggy as Haley
Rizzo as Belkar
Gonzo as Vaarsuvius
Fozzie Bear as Roy
Scooter as Durkon

Sam Eagle as Redcloak
Rowlf as the Monster in the Dark
And of course, guest star Johnny Depp as Xykon

theskorpionking
2016-06-01, 07:38 AM

Kermit as Elan
Miss Piggy as Haley
Rizzo as Belkar
Gonzo as Vaarsuvius
Fozzie Bear as Roy
Scooter as Durkon

Sam Eagle as Redcloak

Well, originally I had only thought about reimaging just movies, but what the heck. if anyone has some ideas about what books or any other type of media that would work, go for it.

The Second
2016-06-01, 03:50 PM

Kermit as Elan
Miss Piggy as Haley
Rizzo as Belkar
Gonzo as Vaarsuvius
Fozzie Bear as Roy
Scooter as Durkon

Sam Eagle as Redcloak

Sorry, but I'd have a completely different casting...

Kermit the Frog as Roy Greenhilt - perpetual straightmen till the end.

Fozzie Bear as Elan - Both are kings of bad jokes and terrible timing.

Miss Piggy as Celia - Madly in love with the central protagonist? Check. Plus, think of all the flying pig jokes.

Animal as Belkar Bitterleaf - Possibly insane, nigh unstoppable, potentially homicidal.

Sam the Eagle as Varsivius - Let the pomposity commence.

Janice as Haley Starshine - Perhaps a bit too vapid to be an exact match.

Uncle Deadly as Lord Xykon

Rowlf the Dog as Redcloak

Gonzo as The Monster in the Dark

Waldorf and Statler as Jones and Rodriguez

GAZ
2016-06-02, 07:24 PM
Sorry, but I'd have a completely different casting...

Kermit the Frog as Roy Greenhilt - perpetual straightmen till the end.

Fozzie Bear as Elan - Both are kings of bad jokes and terrible timing.

Miss Piggy as Celia - Madly in love with the central protagonist? Check. Plus, think of all the flying pig jokes.

Animal as Belkar Bitterleaf - Possibly insane, nigh unstoppable, potentially homicidal.

Sam the Eagle as Varsivius - Let the pomposity commence.

Janice as Haley Starshine - Perhaps a bit too vapid to be an exact match.

Uncle Deadly as Lord Xykon

Rowlf the Dog as Redcloak

Gonzo as The Monster in the Dark

Waldorf and Statler as Jones and Rodriguez

This is a good start. The one I don't love is Janice as Haley. I like Janice for Miko. This sounds crazy, but I think it would be hilarious to filter Miko's stick-in-the-mud/stickler personality and filter it through Janice's laid back attitude. I vote Skeeter for Haley.

Pepe the King Prawn as Nale.

Rizzo, Yolanda, and any other rats as Demon Roaches.

theskorpionking
2016-06-08, 08:36 AM
I know that politics amongst other things are a big no-no in these forums. But, I want it to be know that I only post this picturehttp://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o721/theskorpionking/brokeassstuart_com-presidents-muppets_zpsvcu9bh9i.jpg (http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/theskorpionking/media/brokeassstuart_com-presidents-muppets_zpsvcu9bh9i.jpg.html)
to give people an idea on what I was looking for. This isn't meant to poke fun at any of the candidates or any of their supporters. I am simply using it to show(or give) people an idea of how the reimagining works for me. And I found this picture through a google image search. So Mods, if it comes across as offensive in any way, go ahead at snip it.

Telonius
2016-06-09, 03:06 PM
Lord of the Rings.

Frodo: Robin
Sam: ... drawing a blank. Walter maybe?
Merry: Rizzo
Pippin: Pepe the Prawn
Aragorn: Kermit
Gimli: Gonzo ("Just a hair from your head!" "Weirdo.")
Legolas: Lew Zealand
Boromir: Animal
Gandalf: Fozzie
Saruman: Bunsen Honeydew
Wormtongue: Beaker
Faramir: Floyd Pepper
Theoden: The Swedish Chef (Just imagine a scene where Wormtongue is talking to him...)
Eowyn: Janis
Eomer: Rowlf
The Steward of Gondor: Sam the Eagle
Galadriel/Arwen: Miss Piggy (Like she'd settle for just one role)
Elrond: Doctor Teeth
Gollum: Crazy Harry
Witch-King: Uncle Deadly
The Balrog: Sweetums
The Watchers in the Water, Orcs, ghosts, random soldiers, etc: Waldorf and Statler
Deleted Scene: Big Bird as Tom Bombadil

KillingAScarab
2016-06-09, 09:19 PM
Lord of the Rings.
Boromir: AnimalI think Animal is Gollum. If Animal were Boromir, he would simply walk into Mordor.

Saruman: Bunsen Honeydew
Wormtongue: Beaker
Theoden: The Swedish Chef (Just imagine a scene where Wormtongue is talking to him...)Love it.

Telonius
2016-06-10, 06:30 AM
Oooh, two more.

The Mouth of Sauron: Scooter
The Eye of Sauron / Voice of the Ring: The Mahna Mahna guy. (With his backup singers of course).

theskorpionking
2016-06-10, 07:48 AM
Oooh, two more.

The Mouth of Sauron: Scooter
The Eye of Sauron / Voice of the Ring: The Mahna Mahna guy. (With his backup singers of course).

I believe you are referring to Dr. Teeth.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-10, 10:00 AM
I believe you are referring to Dr. Teeth.While they were both performed by Jim Henson, no, it's a different character (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mahna_Mahna_%28character%29).

Song (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mahna_Mahna_%28song%29).

Telonius
2016-06-10, 11:18 AM
While they were both performed by Jim Henson, no, it's a different character (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mahna_Mahna_%28character%29).

And anyone who bears the ring starts hearing that song, day and night...
:belkar:

KillingAScarab
2016-06-10, 11:33 AM
And anyone who bears the ring starts hearing that song, day and night...
:belkar:I take it back, Animal isn't Gollum, Mahna Mahna is.

Now, who do I want to say, "Tell me, where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him. (knowyourmeme.com/memes/theyre-taking-the-hobbits-to-isengard)"...

theskorpionking
2016-06-10, 12:08 PM
While they were both performed by Jim Henson, no, it's a different character (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Mahna_Mahna_%28character%29).

I see. Never knew that, now I do.