PDA

View Full Version : Player Help D&D 3.5/Rogue/Lv12/Prestige

HatsofDragons
2016-04-19, 03:22 PM
Greetings!
I'm new to this forum so apologies if I do anything wrong :D

SO! I'm going to be involved in a campaign coming up and I wanted some advice on the best way to take this character with prestige:

Rogue
Starting lvl 12
Setting - Basically imagine the Australian outback with a few cities here and there. Heavy focus on combat this one.
Prestige class desired: Shadowdancer (my thoughts are that cause its very open hiding in plain sight would be good)

Splat books - Complete Champion, Unearthed Arcana

Thank you for your time and happy adventuring! :D

Jormengand
2016-04-19, 03:26 PM
If you're gonna take Shadowdancer, you probably just wanna take the first level. Shadow Jump isn't that useful and you get evasion and uncanny dodge/IUD anyway.

Troacctid
2016-04-19, 03:49 PM
I generally prefer Umbral Disciple to Shadowdancer, because it's not as feat-intensive and the abilities are better—you get always-on concealment, and you can hide in plain sight even when there's no nearby shadow.

theboss
2016-04-19, 05:57 PM
What about the Invisable Blade? 3 feats require and this PrC totally worth it :
1). Improved Feint as a free action.
2). You can always take 10 on bluff checks.
3).Improves sneak attack dice. +3d6 at level 4 IIRC.
4). Full BAB.
5).Bleeding Wound - you give up 2d6 sneak attack damage for a bleeding strike which deals 1d6 damage every round untill the target is healed.
Basically this class takes rogue to the front line in my opinion, althought its still risky because of your poor HP, but if you have another melee friend at your group which can flank with you and the take the damage for you, you can deal ALOT of damage per round.
And by the way, this PrC only have 5 levels.

ATHATH
2016-04-19, 06:55 PM
Have you considered being a Psychic Rogue instead of a normal Rogue? What about the Ebon Saint PrC?

If you chose to use normal Rogue as your base, I recommend taking the Lightbringer Strike ACF and the Craven feat.