PDA

View Full Version : Player Help ultimate martial shenanigans.

Lolzyking
2016-04-19, 03:27 PM
okay for a game I will be playing in the future that will start at level 12, where we can keep a character or use a new one.

the Stats I got for the new one 18,17,17,12,10,8

Instead of making the best paladin ever I want to make a character that will excel at martial shenanigans

Race is open for debate. I'd prefer a race without magic for this character.

The build will be Fighter6/Monk3/Rogue3 or Fighter6/Barb3/rogu3

what I want to do with this chararcter was to use disarming strike from battle master, and then beat the enemy up with their own weapon, to this end I was going to grab tavern brawler since I expect to run into enemies with weapons I will have to improvise.

question time
Openhand monk or Barbarian

Swashbuckler, Thief, or assassin rogue.

RickAllison
2016-04-19, 03:49 PM
The build will be Fighter6/Monk3/Rogue3 or Fighter6/Barb3/rogu3

what I want to do with this chararcter was to use disarming strike from battle master, and then beat the enemy up with their own weapon, to this end I was going to grab tavern brawler since I expect to run into enemies with weapons I will have to improvise.

question time
Openhand monk or Barbarian

Swashbuckler, Thief, or assassin rogue.

I would say Barb. You will have a bonus action through either TB or Cunning Action, the damage die is redundant, and you can get by without the speed. Plus, you will need Strength for most of your inprovised weapons, so you can keep your build down to three abilities rather than four.

You can't rely on having a finesse weapon with your concept, so Sneak Attack is possibly pointless (eliminating Swashbuckler). Assassin is pretty situational. I would say Thief, use items as a bonus action to exert some control.

Lolzyking
2016-04-19, 04:01 PM
what would you recommend for Fighters fighting style and Barbarian path

Also would Goliath make a good racial choice?

supergoji18
2016-04-19, 04:04 PM
Variant human or Half-Elf Barbarian. Put the +1s into the two 17s and arrange the stats as such:
Str: 18
Dex: 17
Con: 17
Int: 8 or 10
Wis: 12
Cha: 8 or 10

If you're a Variant Human, pick either Great Weapon Master, Tough, or Lucky for the feat. Your first 2 ASIs spend to increase Strength and Constitution. You can use the third either for a feat or for +2 Dex to get a whopping 20 AC without any armor.

Have fun!

Lolzyking
2016-04-19, 04:20 PM
Goliath

Str 17>19
Dex 18
Con 17 > 18
Wis 12
Int 10
Cha 8

Fighter 6 Barb 3 Rogue 3

Asi 1 Tavern Brawler +1str