PDA

View Full Version : Building a Synthesist summoner. Help needed

Nosta
2016-04-19, 03:28 PM
so I was just told of the Synthesist summoner Archtype and I'd like to use it in the gestalt game I am in
I want the other class to be something that can summon and create its own weapons
so i'd like to get some suggestions on my second class

but my main thing here is to get help with my Synthesist summoner. what I want is to become a powerful crimson wing war angel so I would like to get some one to point be the direction I should go for this

My race is human and my level is 10

can some one help me to understand how it works. cause I from I understand I make my Eidolons but with this archtype I fuse with it, and some of the abilities change to fit this new fusion am I right?

Hazrond
2016-04-19, 04:45 PM
Ask your GM if you can use the Unchained Summoner as a base, then you can take the Angel type for your Eidolon, the Eidolon basically adds all of its abilities directly to the PC and it acts as a shield by giving you a seperate HP pool in Temp HP added onto your own (You should always leave him with at least 1 HP by taking the damage on your PC so you dont lose your buffs)

Snowbluff
2016-04-19, 08:54 PM
so I was just told of the Synthesist summoner Archtype and I'd like to use it in the gestalt game I am in
I want the other class to be something that can summon and create its own weapons
so i'd like to get some suggestions on my second class

but my main thing here is to get help with my Synthesist summoner. what I want is to become a powerful crimson wing war angel so I would like to get some one to point be the direction I should go for this

My race is human and my level is 10

can some one help me to understand how it works. cause I from I understand I make my Eidolons but with this archtype I fuse with it, and some of the abilities change to fit this new fusion am I right?
First class, I would go with Druid (for the Strongjaw Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/strong-jaw) and wildshapes for better stats) or Vivisectionist Alchemist, (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo---alchemist-archetypes/vivisectionist) for the mutagens for bonus stats and extra damage from sneak attack (with other benefits like a familiar to inject you with buffs, invisibility, etc). Since you're a more good guy angel,I would also bet on Paladin, since it has Cha synergy and fits better with the flavor of being an angel, even if the vivisectionist is probably stronger. Paladins can also make stronger weapons through their divine bond ability.

You have the Eidolon's basic form, and all of its evolutions. Take wings with Flight as soon as you can, and get improved strength, since I figure an angel would fight with a weapon. Size improvements are good investments as well.

For race, Half Elf is really the best, for the extra evolutions points as a Favored Class bonus, which adds up to 5 extra evolutions points, a 5 feat bonus. Tielfing is the best Paladin, IMO, since they get a strong bonus to Lay on Hands, which combines well with Fey Foundling (combines with your Eidolon's temporary HP for HUGE amounts of effective HP). Human is fine though, I guess.

Ask your GM if you can use the Unchained Summoner as a base, then you can take the Angel type for your Eidolon,
Don't do this. The unchained summoner is a trap, designed to nerf the class for people who hate the basis of d20's surviving this long. You can make a good angel without nerfing yourself.

Hazrond
2016-04-19, 11:27 PM
Don't do this. The unchained summoner is a trap, designed to nerf the class for people who hate the basis of d20's surviving this long. You can make a good angel without nerfing yourself.

Ok, now that is a bit overboard, the UnSummoner is hardly that big a nerf, you get a bunch of evolutions free and some abilities you would never even be capable of obtaining which is why you have the reduced pool of Evo points, and the spell list changes have never been a problem in my experience.

I can understand disliking a version of the class that is worse in some ways but writing it off completely is a bit overboard dont you think? I mean, i played a Synthesist UnSummoner with a Psychopomp eidolon at level 1 and was easily carrying the party through the dungeon with my powerful slam attacks, high AC, and huge HP pool, and array of immunities. I know that things change over time but it is HARDLY underpowered like you make it seem.