PDA

View Full Version : Amdy_vill Youtube builds

Amdy_vill
2016-04-19, 05:07 PM
I am a YouTuber. I have been using the forms for the last few days and I thought I could get help from everyone her on the threads. So this thread is for builds. Everyone who posts here to help will be created in the videos.

The why this will work is I will post what we are trying to build and then I will post everything I know the build most do and everything I have done. below is the rating system I will use.the rules will be the same as the iron chef challenge. leadership can be used if it fits the build

Overpowered or optimized scale 0=average player 5=averaged optimized player 10=punpun level
Damage output scales 0=average player 5=Can kill army in one or two rounds on their own 10=Infened damage output

Level start: when you should start playing this build

These builds go from 1-20 (this is where I want to focus the most)then 21-100 40 if possible.

The first build I wish to work on is one punch man
the first build will be the exploding barbering. theExploding barbering uses all elemental damage when attacking. Items,feats,and magic are allowed for this builds
I wil go back to this

2016-04-19, 05:13 PM
There's been a couple threads on building One Punch Man so far; d2 Crusader is a good place to start, of course. Guaranteeing that you'll hit...and that you can't get hit yourself...and that you can survive any hit...and that you have more speed than anybody else...that might be an issue...

ATHATH
2016-04-19, 05:14 PM
Why would you ever build something for level 100? The entire game pretty much breaks down when you hit Epic; there's not much point in going past level 30 or so, if you hadn't already stopped at level 20.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-19, 05:15 PM
Elan Martial monk 2/ardent 5
Str 18
Dex 16
Con 15
Int 17
Wis 16
Chr 13

HP 60

Ac 13

Feats
Improved Sunder(B)
Weapon focus (Unarmed)(B)
Improved Bull Rush
Power Attack
Snap kick
Exceptional Deflection(B)
Improved Whirlwind Attack(B)
improved Unarmed Strike(B)

Abilities
ardent mantles: Time, Conflict, Destruction, and Guardian
power points: 30
Synchronicity(P)
Inertial Armor(P)
Energy Ball(P)
Teleport Psionic(P)
Energy Cone(P)
Time Hop(P)
Flurry of Blows -1/-1
Unarmed Strike 1d6
Evasion

Buufreak
2016-04-20, 01:30 AM
So am I to understand that you are wishing to request builds, then take other people's work and ideas and broadcast them for your own benefit?

Ortesk
2016-04-20, 01:45 AM
So am I to understand that you are wishing to request builds, then take other people's work and ideas and broadcast them for your own benefit?

No, we will be credited :smallwink:

And OP, honestly 3.5 is old and the game has pretty much been mastered. Almost anything you could think of doing has been done, and usually in a grander way than I could imagine. Look at the iron chef challenges for ideas of flavorful builds, or maybe give us ideas to roll with. I think by now we have shown how to be one punch man, IE a lot of cheese and some liberal rules interpretation

Edit: Typo

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 04:28 PM

No, the idea is youtube does not have much 3.5 content. so I had the idea of talking to the community and working with them to make content and then post it creating the one who help. the videos builds I get help with will not be monetized. so I don't make money from that content.

Psyren
2016-04-20, 05:07 PM
I get the premise but what would the video consist of? You scribbling on a character sheet? Typing stuff into Myth-Weavers/Hero Lab/PCGen? Just talking about the build into a camera? If the latter would you have any visual aids like graphics or art? Would you run it through any encounters to show off the build in action, or would it all be theory? etc

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 05:14 PM
I get the premise but what would the video consist of? You scribbling on a character sheet? Typing stuff into Myth-Weavers/Hero Lab/PCGen? Just talking about the build into a camera? If the latter would you have any visual aids like graphics or art? Would you run it through any encounters to show off the build in action, or would it all be theory? etc

look at what d6damage does that is how it will look. I will start by listing off the people who helped. then I will list off the books you will need for the build. then after that, I will go level by level telling you what is necessary for the build. after that will go level by level telling you what gear would help or is necessary. after that, i will run os test encounters. then I will end the video with some thoughts on the build(like things you could change)

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 05:29 PM
Cohorts are just like players right. the same stats and that take class levels

2016-04-20, 05:32 PM
Cohorts are just like players right. the same stats and that take class levels

They're lower level, and there's a decent argument that the player won't get to choose/build the cohort themselves (and will be "stuck with" whatever they and the DM can agree upon). But yeah, other than that, they're built like PCs.

Most every DM I've played under has let players build their own cohorts (assuming they allowed Leadership), but some don't allow it, so it's worth mentioning.

SethoMarkus
2016-04-20, 05:52 PM
look at what d6damage does that is how it will look. I will start by listing off the people who helped. then I will list off the books you will need for the build. then after that, I will go level by level telling you what is necessary for the build. after that will go level by level telling you what gear would help or is necessary. after that, i will run os test encounters. then I will end the video with some thoughts on the build(like things you could change)

Not to rain on your parade, I'm just not exactly sure what more audio and video could add opposed to listing the stats in a forum such as this. Don't get me wrong, it does sound interesting, I'm just having difficulty identifying the target audience. If you can identify this, and figure out what that audiance wants, you might have a shot.

As far as suggestions for build ideas, stick to newer characters. Keep an eye out for nee television shows, comics, books, and see what is becoming popular. If a series is already in the spotlight, chances are a (better) build has already been posted online somewhere.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 06:02 PM
Not to rain on your parade, I'm just not exactly sure what more audio and video could add opposed to listing the stats in a forum such as this. Don't get me wrong, it does sound interesting, I'm just having difficulty identifying the target audience. If you can identify this, and figure out what that audiance wants, you might have a shot.

As far as suggestions for build ideas, stick to newer characters. Keep an eye out for nee television shows, comics, books, and see what is becoming popular. If a series is already in the spotlight, chances are a (better) build has already been posted online somewhere.

the target audience is people like me who prefer to sit down and listen to someone help them or to give them builds. people do do this but not for 3.5

SethoMarkus
2016-04-20, 07:01 PM
the target audience is people like me who prefer to sit down and listen to someone help them or to give them builds. people do do this but not for 3.5

That's not exactly what I meant, but close enough to answer the question.

Next consideration is competition. d6 Damage may be Pathfinder, but that is similar enough to 3.5 D&D to count as competition. What will you offer that they don't? Other than the difference in edition/system, what sets your channel apart? That's fine if that is the only difference, but it's important to be aware of that.

I watched some of the videos from d6 Damage and I couldn't help but notice that the videos were structured in a way to he digestible by someone new to TTRPGs. I'm going to guess this is intentional, and that the videos not only explain a build, but how it works in play as well. You don't need extremely high OP PO or TO for this, then, just builds that fit thematically and give a feel for the character you're trying to emulate/pay homage to. Towards that end, I'd suggest making the builds as simple, RAW, and straight forward as possible.

Again, I apologize if I sound like I'm attacking your idea, that's not my intention. I just wanted to help identify some of the hurdles you're likely to face.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 07:09 PM
is there any aging cruse

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 07:57 PM
That's not exactly what I meant, but close enough to answer the question.

Next consideration is competition. d6 Damage may be Pathfinder, but that is similar enough to 3.5 D&D to count as competition. What will you offer that they don't? Other than the difference in edition/system, what sets your channel apart? That's fine if that is the only difference, but it's important to be aware of that.

I watched some of the videos from d6 Damage and I couldn't help but notice that the videos were structured in a way to he digestible by someone new to TTRPGs. I'm going to guess this is intentional, and that the videos not only explain a build, but how it works in play as well. You don't need extremely high OP PO or TO for this, then, just builds that fit thematically and give a feel for the character you're trying to emulate/pay homage to. Towards that end, I'd suggest making the builds as simple, RAW, and straight forward as possible.

Again, I apologize if I sound like I'm attacking your idea, that's not my intention. I just wanted to help identify some of the hurdles you're likely to face.

I look at it as you are trying to help me with this so i don't fall flat on my face in a pit of lava

Amdy_vill
2016-04-20, 08:01 PM
ok os this is the build idea. A monster tamer. he will make constructs and tame monsters. is the possible.

Also, I am finishing the one punch man and genos builds and will be uploading them to my channel as soon as I can so don't post anything on then

Hamste
2016-04-21, 08:18 AM
ok os this is the build idea. A monster tamer. he will make constructs and tame monsters. is the possible.

Also, I am finishing the one punch man and genos builds and will be uploading them to my channel as soon as I can so don't post anything on then

It is definitely possible. I suggest doing one or the other though. Construct gameplay favours a completely different style of play to controlling monsters and is so expensive as to not really be worth it. Taming monsters is a lot easier with a lot less build investment (Get a good enough handle animal, the various charm and dominate spells and buffs are what are really needed to make it work).I would suggest looking into bard and dragon shaman. If you want to control random monsters or want high optimization you want to look into bard (Specifically, dragonfire inspiration and bonuses to your song to make even the weakest minion hit like a truck). Dragonshaman are probably the weaker option but still it gives nice buffs.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-21, 09:31 AM
this is that Saitama build. could you guys punch any last holes in it? also, can a cohort take feats and if so can thay take the leadership feat

Elan martial monk 2/ardent 17/cancer mage 1
Str 33
Dex 15
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 26
Chr 19

HP 164

Ac 25

AL CG
Bab +13/+7/+2

For 13
Ref 11
Wil 15

DR 15 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy

Festering Anger
Vile Rigidity

Feats Bonus 8/11
Improved Sunder(B)(1)
Weapon focus (Unarmed)(B)(1)
Improved Bull Rush(B)(2)
Power Attack(B)(3)
Leadership(B) Or up the wall(B)(6)
might makes right(B) Or
Exceptional Deflection(B)
Great Fortitude(B)(8)
Poison Immunity(B)(10)
Toughness(B)12)
Stunning fist (B)(14)
robilar’s gambit(B)(16)
Freezing the Lifeblood(B)(18)
Pharaoh’s fist(20)

feats
Sacred Vow(1)
Vow of poverty(2)
Snap kick(3)
Dodge(9)
Superior Unarmed Strike(12)
Combat reflexes (15)
Karmic Strike(18)

Abilities
ardent mantles: Time, Conflict, Destruction, and Guardian,Physical,energy
Ardent powers 18
power points: 260
Flurry of Blows -1/-1
Unarmed Strike 1d6
Evasion

Ardent powers
Synchronicity(P)
Inertial Armor(P)
Energy Ball(P)
Teleport Psionic(P)
Energy Cone(P)
Timehop(P)
Energy wave(P)
True Metabolism(P)
Psychofeedback(P)
Energy bolt(P)
Energy burst(P)
Iron body(P)
Mind over Energy(P)
Dispel Psionics(P)
Ultrablast(P)
Intellect Bomb(P)
Energy Ray(P)
Energy Manipulation(P)

Hamste
2016-04-21, 09:54 AM
A couple of things. The first is the smallest, it is resistance to not DR (DR is over come by a specific damage type, resistance reduces a specific damage type). Secondly, if he is CG how does he become a cancer mage at 20th level? Thirdly, if you are doing chaos shuffle to get better feats from VoP you might want to state it.

Cohorts can get feats and they could take leadership (with a high enough score this results in an infinite regression with all your 6th level followers getting leadership). If you want this to be playable at all I wouldn't suggest it (Though I guess you already have cancer mage and festering anger so it isn't playable).

Amdy_vill
2016-04-21, 10:01 AM
Cancer mage is there as an if you what a high str.

Hamste
2016-04-21, 10:06 AM
Cancer mage is there as an if you what a high str.

Yes, I understand how it interacts with festering anger and vile rigidity. Cancer mage requires an evil alignment though and makes the build very unlikely to see play thanks to the Ni damage and to hit and Ni ac (The build can still die but usually only against spell casters).

Amdy_vill
2016-04-21, 10:16 AM
Is there any other way to stop the ill effects of disease

Hamste
2016-04-21, 10:37 AM
Mind over body counters festering angers damage though you would need a 17 in con to be totally fine with out any outside help I think. You will also need to do something to keep you from randomly vaporizing who or whatever you are mad at on a 1 save. Crusader can do that with a maneuver. Becoming immune to or healing dexterity penalties I don't know.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-21, 03:25 PM
This is genos one punch man cohort. I can find feats for his. what would you guy suggest

Warforged dragonfire adept 20
Str 22
Dex 13
Con 22
Int 14
Wis 8
Chr 21

HP 281

Ac

AL CG
Bab +10/+5

For 12
Ref 6
Wil 12

DR
Abilities
Breath Effect: Lightning Breath,Shaped Breath,Thunder Breath,Enduring Breath,Fivefold Breath of Tiamat,Force Breath
Breath weapon 9d6
Damage Reduction
Immunities
Dragonkin
Scales

Feats Bonus
Dragontouched(1)

Feats
Flyby Attack

Invocations
Energy Immunity
Aura of Flame
See the Unseen
Aquatic Adaptation
Deafening Roar
Magic Insight
Draconic Knowledge
Endure Exposure
Item?

Invader
2016-04-21, 05:57 PM
This is genos one punch man cohort. I can find feats for his. what would you guy suggest

Warforged dragonfire adept 20
Str 22
Dex 13
Con 22
Int 14
Wis 8
Chr 21

HP 281

Ac

AL CG
Bab +10/+5

For 12
Ref 6
Wil 12

DR
Abilities
Breath Effect: Lightning Breath,Shaped Breath,Thunder Breath,Enduring Breath,Fivefold Breath of Tiamat,Force Breath
Breath weapon 9d6
Damage Reduction
Immunities
Dragonkin
Scales

Feats Bonus
Dragontouched(1)

Feats
Flyby Attack

Invocations
Energy Immunity
Aura of Flame
See the Unseen
Aquatic Adaptation
Deafening Roar
Magic Insight
Draconic Knowledge
Endure Exposure
Item?

You can't have a cohort the same level as your character.

No offense but it seems like you don't have the best system mastery to try and explain complicated builds to people.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-21, 06:51 PM
I know he can't be the same levels. but i just build him as a Lv 20 so people could use him as a player as well.

2016-04-21, 07:24 PM
You can't have a cohort the same level as your character.

>>Implying Saitama is anything other than epic

But seriously, yeah. If you're building Saitama at the level he should be (as opposed to the level he can be built at, which is much lower), 20 levels for his Cohort should be fine.

Troacctid
2016-04-21, 08:19 PM
I don't see the point of Cancer Mage. It doesn't seem to do anything here.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-21, 08:40 PM
with cancer mage he takes no ill effects from diseases. festering rage gives str, and Vile Rigidity gives natural armor

Troacctid
2016-04-21, 09:03 PM
Festering Anger gives you the same Strength bonus with or without Cancer Mage, so if that's what you're looking for, there's no reason to dump multiple feats and a level on something you can already get with no investment whatsoever. I could see it if Cancer Mage gave you some ability to voluntarily contract the disease of your choice, or something like that to guarantee that you could get your hands on Festering Anger, but it doesn't do that, so it's really quite useless. All it does is prevent small amounts of Con damage that you're probably healing naturally already, and if you aren't, a 3000 gp Rod of Bodily Restoration will clean up any that's left over. Alternately, you could take one of several single feats that would make you immune to the damage, or you could dip into one of multiple classes that would do the same thing better with no prerequisites at all.

Azoth
2016-04-22, 06:01 AM

A simple build for your monster taming construct maker would be Gray Elf Artificer 5. I am being lazy here and also a bit tired.

Feats:

Flaw) Aereni Focus (Handle Animal) (Players Guide to Ebberon)
Flaw) Apprentice (Entertainer) (DMGII)
1st) Extraordinary Artisan (Ebberon Campaign Setting)
3rd) Legendary Artisan (Ebberon Campaign Setting)
5th) Craft Construct (Monster Manual)

Stat priority: Int>Con>Dex>Cha>Wis>Str

Aereni Focus makes Handle Animal a class skill for you so that you can max rank it and rear/train animals easily enough. There is a fair amount of gear that can help with this, but it is usually unnecessary and I am too tired to drudge it up.

Apprentice Entertainer makes Diplomacy a class skill, so you can max it easily. Keep your Cha mod positive as it will help immensely with your UMD which is necessary for construct crafting among other magic item making feats. The reason for maxing Diplomacy is so that you can adjust the attitudes of Magic Beasts to friendly so they will serve you on good terms or leave their young in your care.

The two Artisan feats reduce the GP and XP costs of crafting magical items by 25%. When making constructs every CP counts. The first one you should make is a Dedicated Wight so that it can finish constructs you start crafting for you. At this point you make items for 37.5% maiet value GP in 75% of the time. This means that if you were making say...Gloves of Dexterity +2 (4000GP market value), it would cost you 1500gp and take you 3 days. For a normal crafter it would cost 2000gp and take 4 days.

Skills to max out are Use Magic Device, Diplomacy, Handle Animal, Knowledge (Arcana), Spellcraft, Concentration. You will easily have several skill points leftover each level to put into whatever Craft skills are relevant to the constructs you wish to create.

The main reasons I chose Artificer were as follows:

1) It gets all crafting feats as bonus feats so it naturally meets the prerequisites for Craft Construct by level 5

2) The Crafting Reserve class feature allows you to make some of your magical items without the need to expend XP every level. I know "XP is a river" but being behind by a level can be annoying.

3) The Retain Essence class feature comes online right when Craft Construct becomes available. What this means is that you can take the junk items from the magical gear your party loots, convert it to XP for crafting, and make useful gear or constructs for free.

Fairly low level build and far from the best I can do, but again I am tired and lazy right now.

Amdy_vill
2016-04-23, 09:59 PM
This is one punch man so far. If my math is wrong tell me and is there anything i should add.what items could help this build
Elan martial monk 2/ardent 18

Templates:necropolitan, paragon?(If possible)

Str 33
Dex 30
Con 0
Int 25
Wis 41
Chr 34

(Note:body is made out of Obdurium(break dc 4.390038e+21)Body size in example is the size of the solar system.)
HP 65,850,570,000,000,000,000,000,000,164

Ac 25

AL LG
Bab +14/+8/+3

For 24
Ref 22
Wil 26

Speed 90

R 15 to acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy

Festering Anger
Vile Rigidity

Feats Bonus
Weapon focus (Unarmed)(B)(1)

feats
improved Sunder(1)
Improved Bull Rush(2)
Snap kick(3)
leadership(9)
Superior Unarmed Strike(12)
Combat reflexes (15)
Karmic Strike(18)

Abilities
ardent mantles: Time, Conflict, Destruction, Guardian,Physical,energy
Ardent powers 18
power points: 297
Flurry of Blows -1/-1
Unarmed Strike 1d6
Evasion

Paragon abilities
Attacks: A paragon creature makes all its attacks with a +25 luck bonus on the attack roll.
Damage: A paragon creature gains a +20 luck bonus on Damage rolls for all melee and thrown ranged attacks.
Special Abilities: A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.
Fire and cold resistance 10. If the creature already possesses such resistance, use whichever is better.
Damage reduction 10/epic. If the creature already possesses Damage reduction, use whichever is better.
Spell Resistance equal to the paragon creature’s CR +25. If the creature already possesses spell resistance, use whichever is higher.
Fast healing 20. If the creature already possesses fast healing, use whichever is better.
A paragon creature’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp) or Psionics (Sp): If the base creature has spell-like abilities, it gains +15 to its caster level to use those abilities. A paragon creature also gains the ability to use greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility three times per day, even if it did not have spell-like abilities before, at 15th caster level.

Ardent powers
Synchronicity(P)
Timehop, Mass(P)
Inertial Armor(P)
Energy Ball(P)
Teleport Psionic(P)
Energy Cone(P)
Timehop(P)
Energy wave(P)
True Metabolism(P)
Psychofeedback(P)
Energy bolt(P)
Energy burst(P)
Iron body(P)
Mind over Energy(P)
Dispel Psionics(P)
Ultrablast(P)
Intellect Bomb(P)
Energy Ray(P)
Energy Manipulation(P)

Feats from items and locations(Dark chaos shuffle feats )
Power Attack
Dodge
up the wall
might makes right
Exceptional Deflection
Great Fortitude
Poison Immunity
Toughness
Stunning fist
robilar’s gambit
Freezing the Lifeblood
Pharaoh’s fist