PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Dialogue examples of Malconvoker's Deceitful Bargaining

magicalmagicman
2016-04-19, 07:45 PM
What are some good examples? On the top of my head...
1. Those are Devils! Lets kill them!
example: "Those robed cultists worship DEVILS not DEMONS! Help me kill them all for the abyss!"
2. Help me craft an item. Its gonna kill devils!
example: "I need this to kill those devil cultists somewhere in the region."
And that's all I got...

Example #1 I gave is awesome for "Clear out dungeon/cave/etc. for me"

But what about other stuff?

"Bodyguard me for X days." How would this "deceitful bargaining" go like? I can't think of anything that won't end with the fiend killing every innocent he meets along the way.

"Cast this spell for me" <--- Out of combat.
"Find information for me"

My DM is mega heavy on the roleplay.

RoyVG
2016-04-20, 04:03 AM
The bodyguard example could be something like 'I can help you find those cultists, but I'll need some protection. We share a common goal, do we not? Agree to my terms and you'll have your way with them.'. It's relatively universal, you can switch out the first sentence with some other favor like a spell. Always link it to something the creature wants or would want.

Don't forget that they are on a different plane because of you, (ab)use that fact.

magicalmagicman
2016-04-20, 06:01 AM
The bodyguard example could be something like 'I can help you find those cultists, but I'll need some protection. We share a common goal, do we not? Agree to my terms and you'll have your way with them.'. It's relatively universal, you can switch out the first sentence with some other favor like a spell. Always link it to something the creature wants or would want.

Don't forget that they are on a different plane because of you, (ab)use that fact.

Your way of wording doesn't stop them from killing every innocent person they come across though. I mean, devils I understand because they're not supposed to draw attention to themselves so at best they'll be corrupting people, but creatures like demons will kill everything that moves.

RoyVG
2016-04-20, 06:44 AM
Threaten them instead?

Get more powerful good-aligned outsiders to hunt the demons down if they do not agree to your terms. Planar Binding spells are (calling) spells, so the outsider can be killed while on the Material plane. I assume you also have a party of (likely) neutral and good aligned players that won't hesitate to kill an on-the-loose demon? Basically those are the consequences if he breaks your rules. 'You attack only who I say you can attack. And if you don't cooperate... let's just say you'll cooperate. Angels and demons alike shiver in fear at the idea what will happen to you.'

Belzyk
2016-04-20, 06:53 AM
Threaten them instead?

Get more powerful good-aligned outsiders to hunt the demons down if they do not agree to your terms. Planar Binding spells are (calling) spells, so the outsider can be killed while on the Material plane. I assume you also have a party of (likely) neutral and good aligned players that won't hesitate to kill an on-the-loose demon? Basically those are the consequences if he breaks your rules. 'You attack only who I say you can attack. And if you don't cooperate... let's just say you'll cooperate. Angels and demons alike shiver in fear at the idea what will happen to you.'

That would be an evil act. You summon them and because they refuse you you kill them.

Seto
2016-04-20, 08:10 AM
That would be an evil act. You summon them and because they refuse you you kill them.

Actually, by RAW killing fiends is always, under any circumstance, a Good act. I don't think rules of morality apply to dealing with them.

magicalmagicman
2016-04-20, 09:10 AM
I think threatening them violates the roleplay of malconvokers. They're supposed to deceive them into thinking the their goals align with the fiends. Normal planar binding without deceitful bargaining I'm sure is ok with threatening.

Gildedragon
2016-04-20, 10:54 AM
Convince them they are corrupting you:
"Hahahahaha! Those fools will see what is coming to them now! With the power of hell/the-abyss on my side they will grovel and be destroyed"
Convince them that destroying the ones on their same side is in their best interest:
"You think they* (or their master*) wouldn't turn on you; attack you for your power? They envy your might and will try to tear you down... And up here there's no one to see what happened, they could act with impunity...or you could . Destroy them and you will secure your power"
*if you can name names here