PDA

View Full Version : Epic Weather/Climate Change

psilontech
2007-06-23, 07:17 AM
I'm currently running a game of D&D set in a bastardized version of the world of Recluse... Bastardized because I've somehow added in standard D&D into the setting. Why, exactly, are there goblins? No one knows, but if they ask questions, well... Lets just say they won't, yeah? :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, I was hoping you guys could help me out with something. In one of the earlier books, an Order, Weather Wizard by the name of Creslin Basically Cluster****ed the climate of the entire world in order to permanently change the climate, for the better, of his fledgling island 'nation' of Recluse.

So, this was some epic crap this dude had going on, and I was wondering what kind of magic, if any, covered such a drastic change in weather, which I am SURE isn't covered in 'control weather', which is a relatively small area of effect, and of relatively short amount of time.

Thanks for any help you guys could provide to me... I don't really want to make stuff up for this guy, but I will if I need to :smallamused:

Inyssius Tor
2007-06-23, 07:31 AM
What was the effect? Storms, deserts, showers of banefire? I'm pretty sure there are such spells, but they would be easier to find if I knew exactly what I was seeking.

(And who's this Creslin Basically Cluster****ed guy? :smalltongue: Capitalization: emphasis is not what it is for!)

GoblinJTHM
2007-06-23, 08:08 AM
just put a massive device in his tower that nobody has any idea of what it does.

Green Bean
2007-06-23, 08:15 AM
just put a massive device in his tower that nobody has any idea of what it does.

Even better, stick a massive, clearly magical device in his tower, and have Creslin keep the real weather control device in his pocket. :smallbiggrin:

Seriously though, if you're looking for a specific epic spell, it'd have to be a custom one, as the closest thing I could find was an eclipse causing spell.

If you do go the custom route, I'd either start with Seed: Ward (protect his island from bad weather), Seed: Transform (change weather patterns in his area), or Seed: Conjure (conjure clear weather systems).

Belteshazzar
2007-06-23, 12:57 PM
I belive there are Epic: Global Warming/ Global Ice Age spells in Sandstorm and Frostburn respectively. 150 spellcraft DC causes desert or arctic conditions needs 12 9th circle spell casters though. It's permanent and only takes 10 minutes to cast on the bright side.

Alleine
2007-06-23, 03:18 PM
Well, no question about it being Epic. I mean, he lost some years of life due to that, not even exp mind you, but LIFE. And he was human so he lost a good number of years on that change of weather, probably ten or more.

You might just modify an existing spell, probably shouldn't be too hard. Make it waaay more drastic. Although, working out all the ramifications would suck, unless pulled directly from the novel itself. I seem to recall it not being all that specific on what exactly happened to the rest of the world.

Oh, and he did have help didn't he? His, uh, wife, hesitantly said due to the circumstances of their coupling, was also epic level too and lent her power in on it.

Hunter Noventa
2007-06-23, 06:22 PM
And yet, all it takes is one Warblade with Iron Heart Surge to end it all...