PDA

View Full Version : Level 20 Synthesist summoner geaslt built. Need help picking second class

Nosta
2016-04-19, 08:10 PM
Ok so I've been tasked by my GM to build a very powerful Npc and I chose the Synthesist summoner as the base of build. I plan to have the fusion that the Synthesist summoner get greatly boost the power of the npc but I am not sure what other class would be good to go with it?

This Npc is suppose to be strong enough to take on very high Cr monsters and High level Npcs and beat them with little trouble

for the fusion I want a bunch of str and immunities huge size and fast healing along with what ever else can help make this guy in to a juggernaut of power

Xuldarinar
2016-04-19, 08:18 PM
I suggest any of the following;

Antipaladin (any archetype)
Magus (Eldritch Scion)
Paladin (almost any archetype)

They are all solid classes that could go well in a melee build. They all also have a Cha dependency, which matches well with a summoner.

Kineticist could also make for an interesting thing to mix with the synthesist summoner, though I'm not sure how well it would fly.

Snowbluff
2016-04-19, 09:01 PM
As I've said:

Paladin, Divine Grave, LoH, Divine Bond. Huge HP with LoH, especially for Tielfings with the Fey Foundling feat.
Vivisectionist, for sneak attack, mutagen for bonus stats, buffs with Tumor Familiar and Extracts, and good abilities. !absurdly strong if done right and combined with synthesist!
Druid, for Strongjaw (slam based build), wildshape for bonus stats, and other spells. (doesn't really fit)

Nosta
2016-04-19, 09:09 PM
As I've said:

Paladin, Divine Grave, LoH, Divine Bond. Huge HP with LoH, especially for Tielfings with the Fey Foundling feat.
Vivisectionist, for sneak attack, mutagen for bonus stats, buffs with Tumor Familiar and Extracts, and good abilities. !absurdly strong if done right and combined with synthesist!
Druid, for Strongjaw (slam based build), wildshape for bonus stats, and other spells. (doesn't really fit)

OK I like the idea of a druid wild chape/ Synthesist summoner but how what the fusion and wild cchape go together.

with 26 points for evolution what would you recommend to turn this npc in a nearly unkillable juggernaut?

race human

Snowbluff
2016-04-19, 09:25 PM
OK I like the idea of a druid wild chape/ Synthesist summoner but how what the fusion and wild cchape go together. Wildshape: You lose your form based evolutions (limbs, natural attacks), and gain the animals form. Them you get your size bonuses to stats and the animals natural attacks.

with 26 points for evolution what would you recommend to turn this npc in a nearly unkillable juggernaut?

race human

Protip: Take bonus natural armor evolution, and use the Mage Armor spell for your armor bonus to AC. That optimized the AC for the synthesist.

The HP will be very high, due to the extra Temporary HP.

Energy Resistance bonuses are nice, if you know what you're going up against.

Nosta
2016-04-19, 09:34 PM
Wildshape: You lose your form based evolutions (limbs, natural attacks), and gain the animals form. Them you get your size bonuses to stats and the animals natural attacks.

Protip: Take bonus natural armor evolution, and use the Mage Armor spell for your armor bonus to AC. That optimized the AC for the synthesist.

The HP will be very high, due to the extra Temporary HP.

Energy Resistance bonuses are nice, if you know what you're going up against.

well I was thinking of going energy immunity for every thing but sonic and going E resistance getting some Fast healing but i'm not sure what else would be good

Snowbluff
2016-04-19, 09:51 PM
well I was thinking of going energy immunity for every thing but sonic and going E resistance getting some Fast healing but i'm not sure what else would be good

Save bonuses and spell resistance would be good after that. Also, get a Ring of Evasion or the Evasion ability otherwise.

khadgar567
2016-04-20, 12:03 AM
Nosta buddy thats solid build if you get sonic to basicly youre immune anything as long as you fuse with big guy

charcoalninja
2016-04-20, 05:03 AM
Go Samsarsn and dip 1 level of Crossbloided Sorcerer (Dragon / Orc) on the Paladin side of the Gestalt. This allows you to add Scorching Ray, Fireball and 1-2 other key arcane spells to your summoner list which opens up potent blasting as well. At 7th level an Empowered Scorching Ray (with spell Specialization) with Smite active would deal 6d6+19 (12(Crossblooded)+7(Smite)) damage on 3 rays for 18d6+57 which is certainly not bad for a Third level slot at level 7.

At level 15 it's 6d6+27 a ray for a potential 18d6+81 damage, that's easy to quicken for a 1 round blast of 36d6+162.