PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a Sphere of Annihilation?

Kite474
2016-04-19, 10:07 PM
So an interesting thing happened last session! Due to some lucky rolls on a few tables, a few brief questions, and taking a risk in Pirate Town USA my character has come into possession of a Sphere of Annihilation.

Now there are some caveats and useful info.

1. The box we found it in contains the power of the sphere so it didn't destroy me the moment I opened the box.
2. My character is a Fighter with a INT score of 11 and no proficiency in Arcana so their is jack and **** chance of me unseeing it.
3. There is no Wizard in the party so no chance of them using it.
4. The setting operates on REALLY high magic.

So denizens of the playground I must ask. What's a lvl 8 Hobgoblin Fighter to do?

JoeJ
2016-04-19, 10:16 PM
1. Don't touch it.

2. No, seriously. DON'T TOUCH IT!

3. Go find a cleric and get yourself healed. I told you not to touch it.

4. Start your own company specializing in no-questions-asked waste disposal.

5. See if you can get the DM to make the campaign be about running your new company.

Mith
2016-04-19, 10:17 PM
Put box on stick and use it as an improvised catapult?

Emulate that one statue from Tomb of Horrors?

RickAllison
2016-04-19, 10:20 PM
What's your Wisdom? Knowledge Cleric 1 can give you Expertise (Arcana), giving you at least a +8 to control it at level 9. Convince your DM to let you search for the Talisman of the Sphere to then double it again. +16 at level 9, +20 at level 13, +24 at level 17.

Kite474
2016-04-19, 10:24 PM
What's your Wisdom? Knowledge Cleric 1 can give you Expertise (Arcana), giving you at least a +8 to control it at level 9. Convince your DM to let you search for the Talisman of the Sphere to then double it again. +16 at level 9, +20 at level 13, +24 at level 17.

Wisdom is unfortunately sitting at an 11 as well :(

RickAllison
2016-04-19, 10:47 PM
Wisdom is unfortunately sitting at an 11 as well :(

Dang, that's unfortunate. It is doubtful that you have enough pertinent skills to pick Arcana by MCing into Rogue 1, and it would take Charisma 13 and three levels to get it through Bard. This would be dangerous...

Kite474
2016-04-19, 10:53 PM
Dang, that's unfortunate. It is doubtful that you have enough pertinent skills to pick Arcana by MCing into Rogue 1, and it would take Charisma 13 and three levels to get it through Bard. This would be dangerous...

I've got enough to multiclass into rogue, world conquest on the mind, and a desire to play a Mastermind/Battlemaster. Maybe I could convince my GM it would make sense for me to multiclass?

Temperjoke
2016-04-19, 11:04 PM
Blackmail the world into making you king, or else you'll drop the Sphere onto the ground where it will start destroying everything uncontrollably?

RickAllison
2016-04-19, 11:26 PM
I've got enough to multiclass into rogue, world conquest on the mind, and a desire to play a Mastermind/Battlemaster. Maybe I could convince my GM it would make sense for me to multiclass?

The issue is that Rogues don't have Arcana as a class skill. You will have to take the Skilled feat and then take your first level in Rogue for Expertise.

KorvinStarmast
2016-04-20, 09:07 AM
Discretely contact the local Assassins' Guild.
Let them know that for a fee (you decide what it is for your world) you will provide a guaranteed body disposal service for their operatives.
Get a contract signed between both parties, to include non disclosure agreements by all parties.
Profit.

PIELIKEI
2016-04-20, 10:11 AM
Screw the sphere, any box that can contain the power of a sphere of annihlation can survive "a hole in the continuity of the multiverse" which basically means the box is an artifact of great power. Refashion that crap into a fridge and sell it for adventurers looking for crystal skulls. Also no need to use your intelligence to move the sphere, just attach the box to a giant stick and use the box to move the sphere and the stick to move the box. Congrats on your infinity+1 mace.That will totally work.