PDA

View Full Version : Warlock bonus health from Fiend Pact.

saeval
2016-04-20, 12:53 PM
I just need clarification, cause my brain doesn't want to process right now. I know its not stackable with other types of bonus health, but if a 3rd level fiend warlock casts say, burning hands, and immolates 4 kobolds to death at once... is he getting the bonus health for all of them in that one round and becoming a health tank.... or is he just getting the bonus once?

RulesJD
2016-04-20, 12:56 PM
I just need clarification, cause my brain doesn't want to process right now. I know its not stackable with other types of bonus health, but if a 3rd level fiend warlock casts say, burning hands, and immolates 4 kobolds to death at once... is he getting the bonus health for all of them in that one round and becoming a health tank.... or is he just getting the bonus once?

Just once. At no time can a Fiend Warlock have more Temp HP (from killing things) than its Charisma Modifier + its Warlock level.

Foxhound438
2016-04-20, 03:05 PM
you would "gain THP" 4 different times, simultaneously. You'd chose to have the first, and if you chose to gain the second you would lose the first, and if you chose to gain the third [etc].

It's like in Magic: the Gathering, if you kill two creatures at the same time in combat and have something that cares about "each time a creature dies", that thing would trigger twice, and if something else cares about "each time one or more creatures die", that would trigger once, and you would get to chose the order of resolution.

Belac93
2016-04-20, 03:25 PM
It pretty much makes it as though you only killed one. You gain the same amount of HP for killing creatures in one attack, whether you kill 100 or 1.

saeval
2016-04-20, 04:14 PM
Crystal Clear now, thank you for taking the time! I honestly figured it worked as such, I may be planning dnd stuff at work without books in front of me... So needed the fog cleared.