PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Book Series

GrayDeath
2016-04-20, 01:21 PM
So... quite a long time ago a friend loaned ma a book about a rather evil and scheming magic user who died and landed in Hell, where he "got what he deserved" but and tried to climb the ladder again.
It was set in D&D 3.x, very likely FR, but thats all I remember.

As I was now reminded I liked that book and want to get it (and its successors, me thinks it was the usual trilogy): can any one of you tell me its name?

Thanks in advance!

Gildedragon
2016-04-20, 01:26 PM
Sounds like Dragonlance's Raistlin Majere
The books are iirc dragons of... Autumn rising summer something and winter falling?

JustIgnoreMe
2016-04-20, 01:58 PM
It's definitely not the classic Dragonlance Autumn-Winter-Spring trilogy. It might be Raistlin, but I doubt it.

Anything else you can tell us? A character name, a city, an item, anything?

GrayDeath
2016-04-20, 03:14 PM
I know it was not Dragonlance for sure, as it had the "classic" Gods and Devils in it as far as I remember. Also,a s I like him a lot, I would ahve remembered Raistlins name. ;)
Sadly I cannot remember the "Hero" or his rivals names, or Google might have helped me.

All I know for SURE is that it was Hell not the Abyss, that the guy was male, a Wizard or Sorcerer in Life, and that it was set in D&D pre 4th.

Things I THINK I remember are that he was some kind of Diabolist in Life, landed in hell because he was either betrayed or executed by the "good guys" (or both), and that he kept some of his mind even if starting off as "lowest of the low" in hell.

Elder_Basilisk
2016-04-20, 04:50 PM
Sounds a bit like blackdirge's Dretch to Demon Lord. I remember he started it as a series of posts on ENWorld and then stopped posting because he was working on publication but I never heard anything more about it. If you track it down, let me know--I'd like to see how it developed and ended, as long as it isn't too pricey.

Invader
2016-04-20, 04:53 PM
There's Elminster in Hell but that's more about him trying to get out.

GrayDeath
2016-04-20, 05:05 PM
Sounds a bit like blackdirge's Dretch to Demon Lord. I remember he started it as a series of posts on ENWorld and then stopped posting because he was working on publication but I never heard anything more about it. If you track it down, let me know--I'd like to see how it developed and ended, as long as it isn't too pricey.

Hmmm, how long ago was that post, ergo could it fit the timeframe? I seem to remember it was some time between 7 and 10 years ago I got it lent, and probably even longer age that it was published....

There's Elminster in Hell but that's more about him trying to get out.

Nope, did not include Elminster at all, much less centered around him.

neither did Drizzt, or any of the other "Iconic Goodish D&D Heroe Figures" appear. One of the reasons why I liked it so much, perhaps?

MisterKaws
2016-04-20, 05:19 PM
Hmmm, how long ago was that post, ergo could it fit the timeframe? I seem to remember it was some time between 7 and 10 years ago I got it lent, and probably even longer age that it was published....

Well, I've tracked it, and it's a 2007-2008 trilogy, published by EN Publishing, with some spin-off statbooks for a D20 game based on it. The original ENWorld story was from some 14-15 years ago. Could definitely be it, though he IS from the Abyss, not from Hell.

JustIgnoreMe
2016-04-20, 05:23 PM

Searching "dretch to demon lord" got me a drivethru comics link:

http://www.drivethrucomics.com/product/28719/Metamorphosis-Book-I-Death-of-a-Demon-Lord-Deluxe-Edition?it=1

OP: does the name "Hazergal Redfist" ring any bells?

GrayDeath
2016-04-21, 07:40 AM
Hmmm, that DOES sound very muc like it, yes.

Although I could have sworn it was Hell, not the Abyss.....strange....

Still, if somebody finds something similar and with hell in it, please post it as well.
I`ll go and check out the Metamorphosis version for now.

Thanks!