PDA

View Full Version : item that scales with my players. powerful monsters sealed in the item.

Nosta
2016-04-20, 07:42 PM
so I have five players and this new campaign that will begin this summer will start at level 10 and go to level 30. our first epic campaign .

I'd like to have five items that I will gift my players as a boon for the story that will level up as they level up. there is to be 30 seals on said items and each time the player gains a level a seal on the item is removed.

the fist one I have in mind is a great sword with a Great wyrm Force Dragon sealed in it.
but i'm not good at scaling power. I want it to be decent to start but not op by level 20 very strong and by level 30 a ultimate weapon of deviation

Necroticplague
2016-04-20, 09:14 PM
Easu way: The weapons are, themselves, intelligent. Each seal undone causes them to gain a class level.
More complicated: weapons of legacy without penalties. Would likely need to ab-lib powers once you got into Epic.
medium: there's a homebrew on these boards specifically for weapons that are exceptionally awesome as a character class. Just have all of the weapons gain a level of it when a seal is removed. Whether you or the player controls its level-up it at your discretion.
EDIT: found it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?400609-3-5-quot-Look-whatever-you-re-thinking-do-me-a-favor-don-t-let-go-quot)