PDA

View Full Version : Official Kender

JohnStone
2016-04-20, 07:51 PM
I am looking to play a Kender in a game that is fairly official, for arguments sake lets say Adventure league legal. Assume lvl 10-12.

First is there an official Kender (the one I saw had fearless, taunt and Kender pockets)
I don't want to say more for liability reasons, If I have to I can use a Lightfoot Halfling

Second how do I legally use daggers/darts as a rogue. I was hoping to use Sharpshooter feat (for the range mostly) and have the option to use my bonus action for a second attack just in case (although there are better uses for bonus action).
The best I come up with is using a combination of both.
Juggling my dagger to end up with it in my hand or using it for the first strike to let me take advantage of dual wielding

I would like to be useful in all three aspects of the game (Combat, Puzzle/Skills, Social, )
This is for a play by post game, so having a schtick or Gimmick is preferred.

I am thinking Bladesinger or Fighter (maneuvers, possibly archery style)

ProphetSword
2016-04-20, 08:52 PM
The one in the playtest is the only one that WotC has released. I'm not even sure if it can be called official, since it was in the playtest. I doubt it would be allowed in AL.

Safety Sword
2016-04-20, 09:30 PM
Official and Kender Bladesinger are mutually exclusive.

JohnStone
2016-04-20, 10:05 PM
Official and Kender Bladesinger are mutually exclusive.

Understandable...

What assumptions can we make that will support what I am trying to do? both official or almost official
like i said i can always use Lightfoot Halfling

a good example would be this link supporting Daggers and the sharpshooter feat Sharshooter (https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/512284206085337088)

pwykersotz
2016-04-20, 10:49 PM
a good example would be this link supporting Daggers and the sharpshooter feat Sharshooter (https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/512284206085337088)

Historically, the Sharshooter feat was developed by rangers (the Swords of the Lady) devoted to Selune. It incorporates a silver arrow and pure sense of smug (but a humble sort of smug) sense of satisfaction while firing wildly but with great force. Heathens have since co-opted the technique into a less pure form. :smalltongue: