PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Reducing crafting time.

Hogsy
2016-04-21, 09:43 AM
I am aware of the Wizard arcane discovery that decreases the time by 25%, cooperative crafting which lets you craft the double amount of gold each day and the ability to increase the DC by 5 in order to craft 1k gold per 4 hours so you could craft 2k gold per 8 hours. How does that translate in a % way? How much faster am I crafting my items? Without the arcane discovery it's 4k GP per day, how would the 25% apply to that number? An item that costs 60k gold would take 15 days to make if you can craft 4k GP /day so would the 25% apply to those 15 days? Or would it be an extra 25% on the 4k gold making it 5k? I am not so good at Math :P.

Gildedragon
2016-04-21, 11:06 AM
So cooperative crafting + raising the DC + 25% reduces crafting time to about 18% of original crafting time (half of half of three quarters or .75*.5*.5; and because multiplication is commutative it doesn't matter what order you put the reductions in) versus 25% of original crafting time sans the wizard discovery reduction

So with all options you craft your 60k item in 12 days
Without the item crafting discovery you craft it in 15 days

Hogsy
2016-04-21, 05:48 PM
So cooperative crafting + raising the DC + 25% reduces crafting time to about 18% of original crafting time (half of half of three quarters or .75*.5*.5; and because multiplication is commutative it doesn't matter what order you put the reductions in) versus 25% of original crafting time sans the wizard discovery reduction

So with all options you craft your 60k item in 12 days
Without the item crafting discovery you craft it in 15 days

It's good to know that my final conclusion was also 12 days. I'm not such an idiot after all.