PDA

View Full Version : The Ultramage of Truth [Class Mashup Shennanigans...]

GrayDeath
2016-04-21, 09:59 AM
This class is designed for magical area effects and physical strength and has some talent with intelligence, a particular specialized skill and a specific nature skill. They are not very capable with speedy movement, a specific physical skill, heavy weapons and aiding allies. They are known for a special kind of attack.

Well, Yormungand, you did it. You tempted me to click these accursed two buttons, which saddled me with an exceedingly cool concept/Name Combination .... to which I cannot think of a fast and easy class...yet.

Gonna give it another go once I am home.

V 0.5

HitDie: D8
Armor Profficienceies: none
Weapon prfficiencies. all simple Weapons and 2 Martial Weapons that are one-handed and do not bear "heavy" in their name.
magic: aside from using Intelligence as Casting Stat, the Ultramage of Truth is effectively a Sorcerer.
Use the Sorceres Spell List (- any and all Spells that buff others), Spell progression, Per day, etc.

The Ultramage of Truth

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

1st

+0

+2

+0

+2
Shout of Truth 1, Slow but powerful

2nd

+1

+3

+0

+3
Strength of Truth 1

3rd

+2

+3

+1

+3
Tracking Truths 1

4th

+3

+4

+1

+4
Shout of Truth 2

5th

+3

+4

+1

+4
Truth in Excellence

6th

+4

+5

+2

+5
Area of Truth 1, Strength of Truth 2

7th

+5

+5

+2

+5
Shout of Truth 3

8th

+6/+1

+6

+2

+6
Tracking the Truth 2

9th

+6/+1

+6

+3

+6
Area of Truth 2

10th

+7/+2

+7

+3

+7
Other Truths explained

11th

+8/+3

+7

+3

+7
Shout of Truth 4

12th

+9/+4

+8

+4

+8
Area of Truth 3, Strength of Truth 3

13th

+9/+4

+8

+4

+8
Other Truths Explained

14th

+10/+5

+9

+4

+9
Shout of Truth 5

15th

+11/+6/+1

+9

+5

+9
Area of Truth 4

16th

+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10
Tracking Truth 3

17th

+12/+7/+2

+10

+5

+10
Other Truths Expained

18th

+13/+8/+3

+11

+6

+11
Shout of Truth 6

19th

+14/+9/+4

+6

+11
Area of Truth 5, Strength of Truth 4

20th

+15/+10/+5

+12

+6

+12
Truth Exemplar, Other Truths Explained

Shout of Truth: Signature Attack
AOE 10+ Strength,mod*5ft Diameter. Range: 60+Str-Mod*5 ft.
Causes 2d6 Damage to every Creature in it that has lied within the last 24 hours for every level (ergo 12d6 at Level 18).
Can be used at will, as long as no lie was spoken within the last 24 hours.
Deals a flat amount of 5 damage/level vs. Constructs, Udnead and mindless creatures. Harmless against anything else.

Area of Truth: All Area Effects cast by the Ulrtamage of Truth have ther Diameter increased by 5ft per Level in this ability.
Also all DC`s or damage rolls are increased by Str-Bonus/Level of the Ability, whichever is less.

Other Truths Explained: may in this level choose a new SPell from the Druid Spell List (does not block a regular Spell known) of any level he could choose, as long as the spell has an Aoe Effect.

Tracking Truth: adds Intelligence-Mod to Tracking Rolls. May reroll Tracking Rolls once/day for every level in this ability.

Slow but powerful: Base Movement while doing anything but moving in a turn is reduced by 10ft.

Strength of Truth: You may use your Strength Score instead of your Intelligence Score (if it is higher) for determining Spell DC`s.
For every Level in this Special Skill, you gain a +1 mundane Bonus to Strength.

Truth in Excellence: Choose one Skill. You gain a Bonus to all rolls in this skill equal to 1/4th your Level and may reroll it once per day.

Truth Exemplar: Youa re an Incarnation of Truth.
You cannot lie any longer.
All Attempts to lie to you suffer a -5 external malus, 5 Times per day you may cast Detect Lies with an effective Caster Level of 25.
Your Intelligence OR your Strength Score increases by 4, but your CHarisma Score is lowered by the same amount.

Final Hyena
2016-04-21, 10:32 AM
I'm confused, you're talking about a class you are planning to make later. Are you asking for suggestions? It would help if we had an edition to start from.

GrayDeath
2016-04-21, 10:48 AM
I was insppred by this thread, and the random Class names/Descriptions Yormungand linked, so yes and no to your question.

Yes, I am planning to do this class. And tentatively open to suggestions of course, but no, I did not plan it in any meaningful way. :)

As for Edition: As it is the only area where I have at least good general Knowledge it will be 3.P.

Final Hyena
2016-04-21, 11:00 AM
I can't find your links, please double check them.

So you want;
spells/powers (INT) ~ aoe
Skills ~ nature
buffs ~ weak
Speed ~ reduced
heavy weapons ~ bad

an interesting combination.

The skills are easily done with the class skills, but perhaps you want it even stronger so look into a feature that gives bonuses on checks.
The reduced speed and strength make a nice image but slightly clash with bad heavy weapons. Perhaps what you desire is a sort of hulk situation or jekyll/hyde ability.

I would look into the PF alchemist as a starting point.

Unfortunately I have been away from PF for a long time so can't give too much specific advice.

Good luck with your class.

Jormengand
2016-04-21, 11:35 AM
Final Hyena, you're looking for this (http://chaoticshiny.com/clmashupgen.php) and this (http://chaoticshiny.com/classgen.php).

GrayDeath
2016-04-21, 12:34 PM
At the moment I think this would be a good starting point:

Basich Chassis: Sorcerer (but with INT as Casting Stat). Normal Spell progression, no Bloodline or other Ads.
Adding Strength-bonus to all Area Effect Spells (either as Damage or DC Modifier), alternatively allowing Strength as Casting Stat.
Removing most to all Buff Spells from the Sorcerers List, instead adding more Area Effect Spells (maybe one Spell from the Druid List/SPell level?)
Reducing Basic Movement by 10 as long as they wish to cast that Turn
A Signature Attack based on TRUTH (similar to the Warlocks Eldritch Blast this should be unlimited or nearly so in its use). Maybe Shouting Truths (aoe 10+IntMod*5ft Diameter, Range 60ft, deals IntMod D6 Damage to any and all Creatures who lied that Day/Week?)
Must always speak the Truth and try to spread Truths in General?
Nature Skill that fits the Truth Theme would be Track, the Specialized Skill ... no Idea.

Overall a Focus on Raw Blasting AreaPower and TRUTH over anything else.

Probably wont ahve the time to put it into real class Look/Writeup today.

How`s that sound, Yormungand?

Edit: posted a alpha version. Seems stright forward enough, did I miss something important/cool?