PDA

View Full Version : Anime style campain. need help with getting the mechanical part of my down

Nosta
2016-04-21, 03:19 PM
So I will be taking part in a new campaign soon and we will be starting at level 10.

I want to play a Handsome Dragonic looking swordmaster.

What I picture is A tall spikey white hair young man with dragon like eyes.

I want him to have a breath attack that is force based in damage

I want him to be very skilled with blade landing critical after critical

I want him to have decent cha and good social skills ( I want him to be a lady killer)

I was not sure if there were any other ways to make him more dragonic.
I am thinking of grabbing at least 1 or 2 auras

Gildedragon
2016-04-21, 03:23 PM
Silverbrow Human seems to be the race for you
force damage is rare but overall it would be DFA; alternatively Warlock + Hellfire, fluff eldritch blast to emerge from your mouth.

For crit fishing: warblade and tiger claw maneuvers

A bard might not be a bad choice overall though.
Bard + Dragonborn of Bahamut (Breath Aspect)

mabriss lethe
2016-04-21, 07:01 PM
Getting Force damage for a breath weapon on a character is going to be a bit difficult. Just to be different, you could go for an Acolyte of the Ego. One of their cadences is a sonic breath weapon. (yes, I know that all of the truename related classes are kind of/very bad) Its requirements are pretty low. 9 ranks in Truespeak and the ability to speak 4 languages. It gets full BAB progression and a good fort save. The simplest entry would be Truenamer 6/Acolyte of the Ego 10/ Whatever 4. Otherwise, you'll need to either drop a feat on Truespeech Training to add it as a class skill or enter via Factotum, Human Paragon, Expert.

The biggest bit of fun though: BECAUSE YOU'RE USING TRUENAME MAGIC, YOU MUST SHOUT OUT ALL OF YOUR ATTACKS!