PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Plumbers-A Race

JNAProductions
2016-04-21, 03:40 PM
Ability Score Increase-Any physical stat of your choice increase by 1.

Age-As humans. Plumbers are not considered mature until middle age, and stay in their physical prime throughout middle and old age.

Alignment-RedHats tend towards NeutralJackass. GreenHats tend towards Good. YellowHats tend towards Evil. PurpleHats tend towards Chaotic Evil.

Size-RedHats are around 5'-6', Greenhats are 5'6"-6'6", Yellowhats 4'10"-5'10", and PurpleHats 5'8"-6'8". Regardless of height, your size is medium.

Speed-Your base speed is 30'.

Plumber's Jump-You are able to jump much farther and higher than most people. After calculating your normal jump distance, triple both the height and length of how far you can jump.

RedHat

Ability Score Increase-The other two physical stats increase by 1.

Skillmonkey-You gain half your proficiency bonus (rounded down) as a bonus to any two skills you do not already have proficiency in.

GreenHat

Ability Score Increase-Your Dexterity increases by 2. (This does not stack with your earlier Ability Score Increase.)

High Jumper-The height of your jumps increases by 1.5 times.

Cowardly-You have disadvantage on saves against being Frightened.

Wriggly-You have advantage on any check made to escape a grapple.

Fast-Your base speed is 35'.

YellowHat

Ability Score Increase-Your Strength increases by 2. (This does not stack with your earlier Ability Score Increase.) In addition, your Constitution score increases by 1. (This can stack with your earlier Ability Score Increase.)

Portly-Your base speed is 25'.

Ravenous-You may consume massive amounts of food and store it for later. Given enough food and water (three times the amount needed for an ordinary person), you can last for three times as long without starving as the average person.

Hard Hitting-You may add +1 to your damage rolls when making melee attacks.

PurpleHat

Ability Score Increase-Your Dexterity increases by 2. (This does not stack with your earlier Ability Score Increase.)

Fast-Your base speed is 35'.

Gangly-Your long, gangly arms give you increased reach. All melee attacks you make have the reach property, and any weapons that would normally have reach instead reach 15'.

Just... Ugh-You have disadvantage on Persuasion and Performance checks because... Ugh, just look at you.

JNAProductions
2016-04-21, 03:44 PM
Power Veggies Power Ups!-Feat

-Once per long rest, you may use Enlarge on yourself by consuming a mushroom.
-Once per long rest, you may use Burning Hands by consuming a flower.
-Once per long rest, you may use Fly (RedHat), Invisibility or Gaseous Form (GreenHat), Stinking Cloud (YellowHat), or Bestow Curse (PurpleHat).

2016-04-21, 03:59 PM
No love for Waluigi...:smalltongue:

Seriously, best description of a feature ever.

Final Hyena
2016-04-21, 04:36 PM
Ravenous-You may consume massive amounts of food and store it for later. Given enough food and water, you can last for three times as long without starving as the average person.
This is slightly vague.

Gangly-Your long, gangly arms give you increased reach. All melee attacks you make have the reach property, and any weapons that would normally have reach instead reach 15'.
This might be a bit too strong with the pole arm sentinel combo.

Base
stat +1
permanent 1st spell

Red
stat +2
non prof +1

Green
Stat +2
permanent 1st spell (1/2 as good)
Disadvantage ~ frightened
Advantage ~ escape grapple
Speed +5

Yellow
Stat +3
speed -5
Consume

Feels a lil weak

Purple
Stat +2
speed +5
Reach +5
Disadvantage ~ persuasion & performance

Feels a smidgen weak unless you go the pole arm sentinel combo.

In general a good list I just feel yellow needs a bit more and I'm concerned that purple is a pole arm master or go home race.

JNAProductions
2016-04-21, 04:37 PM
I'll see what I can give to Wario YellowHats.

Edit: Added Hard Hitting. Increases DPR for melee classes between 1-5.

Final Hyena
2016-04-21, 04:56 PM
Ah yes, much better although as to why hufflepu ehem the yellowhats have gotten so violent as of late is anyone's guess.

With regards to the hibernation feeding feature perhaps specify it to be 2 or 3 normal meals?

JNAProductions
2016-04-21, 04:58 PM
Updated to three times the ordinary amount. It's basically fluff anyway.

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-23, 02:32 PM
Power Veggies Power Ups!-Feat

-Once per long rest, you may use Enlarge on yourself by consuming a mushroom.
-Once per long rest, you may use Burning Hands by consuming a flower.
-Once per long rest, you may use Fly (RedHat), Invisibility or Gaseous Form (GreenHat), Stinking Cloud (YellowHat), or Bestow Curse (PurpleHat).

-as always. Please include a bit fluff. Even one line is enough
-the jack of all trades could do with an unique name and seems a bit weird for a racial ability. For homebrew I once made I used: instead of a prof. in a skill you may pick half prof in two instead of full in one when getting the skill
-balance seems fine. However. The feat is unbalanced. Just too much
-hard hittong is so boring. Make it in certain situations +con mod or something.

And the Red isn't unbalanced but stronger than the others

JNAProductions
2016-04-23, 03:27 PM
-as always. Please include a bit fluff. Even one line is enough
-the jack of all trades could do with an unique name and seems a bit weird for a racial ability. For homebrew I once made I used: instead of a prof. in a skill you may pick half prof in two instead of full in one when getting the skill
-balance seems fine. However. The feat is unbalanced. Just too much
-hard hittong is so boring. Make it in certain situations +con mod or something.

And the Red isn't unbalanced but stronger than the others

Why always with the fluff? Is not the name and inspiration enough?

What would you advise renaming it to? Or do you think half proficiency in two skills would be better? (I think it might be, but I'd like your opinion on it.)

The feat is three spells, which makes it similar to Duegar Magic, isn't it? Regardless, how would you see it better balanced?

Where would you advise adding a +Con situation?

R.Shackleford
2016-04-23, 07:14 PM
Don't Wear Ties

Plumbers don't wear ties. Ever. Except when they do.

khadgar567
2016-04-24, 03:05 AM
only thing remains is princess trio( peach, daisy, and rosalina)

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-24, 07:18 AM
Why always with the fluff? Is not the name and inspiration enough?

What would you advise renaming it to? Or do you think half proficiency in two skills would be better? (I think it might be, but I'd like your opinion on it.)

The feat is three spells, which makes it similar to Duegar Magic, isn't it? Regardless, how would you see it better balanced?

Where would you advise adding a +Con situation?

I don't understand what this kind of race is, what the purpose is and if the features work. I would never play something without fluff. If you would make the Paladin or Wizard or something as it is now. I wouldn't play it because I don't understand what it means

Half. prof in two skills would be better. Not too good with names but something as "skillmonkey" might already do the trick. At least something different so there isn't confusing

The feat is similar to Deep Gnome magic (not duergar, there is no duergar magic feat) but the spells as shown are WAY better than the Snirf spells. (nondection is way worse than something as fly). On the other hand, the race is a bit weak, so I think it's possible to keep it

About the +con, not too sure. Maybe against enemies that have attacked you last turn. Or if it isn't needed just put it away, that oen is already stronger

Note: I also didn't understand what plumber means, but it's still strange without fluff

JNAProductions
2016-04-24, 12:47 PM
It's Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi.

I'll change Jack of all Trades to Skillmonkey, and make it half-proficiency in two skills. Thanks for the advice!

PoeticDwarf
2016-04-25, 05:46 AM
It's Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi.

I'll change Jack of all Trades to Skillmonkey, and make it half-proficiency in two skills. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I got it at the end, but at least writing that down would be something.

I think it seems good now. Although I don't like hard-hitting. Think that's more personal because something else suggested it