PDA

View Full Version : Roguish Pirate/Cleric Concept

GSQ|unionjack
2016-04-21, 04:13 PM
I've been toying with a pirate cleric idea for a bit and thought I would put it out there for feedback. The idea originally came from looking at a rogue/wizard unseen seer build, and seeing what cleric could do there instead. I love the flavor so far. I'm in a pirate game, and i'm thinking a cleric of the pirate god, very Pirates of the Carribean-esque, following pirate lore to hidden islands nobody can find, legendary treasures, items, etc. Neutral and I'm thinking maybe lawful with a bit of a pirates code angle, but i'm not as set on that.

Ultimately, I'm not too concerned about the sneak attack, it's not much good without TWF anyways and so situational. Priority 1 is getting as many skill points as I can in rogue skills, and keeping 9th level spells. I figured without sneak attack, I can just be a moderately potent frontliner between Divine power, and whatever other buffs on a divine persist route. (divine agility?). Anyways, here's what i've got so far. It's loose and makes way for variables like the DM waiving alignment or race restrictions on PRCs. I haven't done the exact math on PRC entry yet. I think he would since the flavor fits so well. Let me know what ya'll think.

1 Optional rogue level. Able learner if human takes care of the whole skill list issue, and gets a good set of starting abilities to work with, introduces sneak attack to build. I may just be able to get relevant skills through PRCs and cleric domains)

3? Levels of Cloistered Cleric. Same health as a rogue anyways, BAB irrelevant, high skills, free knowledge domain (Pirate) Lore skill. Domains would be Trickery and whatever else. Perhaps weather, ocean, etc if there isn't a build reason to do something specific.

1 Optional dip into Inquisitor. Dependent on alignment restrictions. Pick up sense motive, and some spells that nicely replicate what an unseen seer would have been able to do. This seems the most far fetched but would be cool.

7 Levels in Seeker of the Misty Isle. I really love the flavor relevance but also, d8, martial and medium, 6+ skills on a reasonable list if I don't nab able learner (if DM makes me go Elf on this one.) Free Travel and Magic Domains, and some free bonuses. 10/10 casting progression since text trumps table.

As far as feats. Extend, Persist, DMM,extra turning, and maybe power attack or weapon finesse, not sure.

Open to domain suggestions or feat adjustments that aren't absurd flavor wise. It would be great to double down on turn/rebuke for buffing, as long as it isn't some dumb domain, or dip in dread necromancer, etc. He's a neutral so I can take rebuke, not sure how to add back in turning for that.

Lastly, this only gets me to level 12/13. Where do I go next?

Thanks ya'll