PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer Bling

GargantuanOwl
2016-04-21, 04:45 PM
So I'm playing a level 16 Dread Necromancer and I haven't upgraded my gear in a long while so I'm looking for suggestions on any gear that compliments the dread necro spell list. Preferably something that will aid me again things immune to magic or ability drain and negative energy.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-21, 08:27 PM
Straight Dread Necro or Dread Necro for the base with PrC's?

In the former case, I'd suggest focusing on defensive items and use your minions for offense. What else are they for, after all?

In the latter, it'd be helpful to know which PrC's.

Inevitability
2016-04-22, 05:22 AM
I know it isn't magical, and you might already have it, but a Portable Altar (Defenders of the Faith) is incredibly useful when creating undead, as you can unfold it before casting Desecrate and double the spell's bonuses.

Elxir_Breauer
2016-04-22, 11:51 AM
Many of the standard items are useful to a Dread Necro, such as the Gloves of Dexterity and Cloak of Charisma (Especially that one). The higher the bonus you can get on them the better, obviously. There's also Ring of Mind Shielding (expensive but extremely handy), there's an entire handbook for Dread Necromancers http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444394-New-Dread-Necromancer-Handbook at this link.