PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed What should Greater Wingbind do?

Jeff the Green
2016-04-21, 06:09 PM
I want to have a character that has a higher-level version of SC's wingbind (level 4, immediately stop flying, take falling damage, entangled 1 round/level by force effect, reflex negates), something like level 6 or 7, but I'm not sure what should be added on. in particular, I'd like it to be Reflex: partial.

Any ideas?

Invader
2016-04-21, 06:14 PM
Could teleport the target to the elemental plane of earth on a failed save, everything else on a partial?

stack
2016-04-21, 07:32 PM
Could make the entangle portion no save and add a damage over time rider as it crushed them. Or have it act like an ectoplasmic cocoon made of force, blocking line of sight and line of effect on top of its normal effects.

Jeff the Green
2016-04-21, 10:09 PM
Could make the entangle portion no save and add a damage over time rider as it crushed them. Or have it act like an ectoplasmic cocoon made of force, blocking line of sight and line of effect on top of its normal effects.

Something like that could work. Maybe 1d6+1/level each round, entangle, and a reduction in maneuverability on a successful save.

animewatcha
2016-04-22, 03:10 PM
Why not just make one add-on that might justify spell level increase. SR: No.

Flickerdart
2016-04-22, 03:17 PM
I would improve the spell's full effect in addition to the Save: partial. Nobody wants to hope their spell's target failed their save!

For the partial, maybe a reduction in flight maneuverability? Being cut down two steps makes even a ghost reconsider their attack. If their maneuverability falls below clumsy, they gently glide to the ground, as with the fly spell's failure clause.