PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dib
2007-06-23, 03:58 PM
So... I couldn't see anything like this in the first couple of pages... anyway, bout 5 days ago and began playing the most magical kick-ass game ever!

At first I was like "yeah, I could kill an hour or two on this a day"... now I'm spending my entire time playing, like 3 sessions a day, usually two or three hours long!!

So anyone else here do it (I know there are)? And what world are you in? And what kind of characters do you have?

I'm in Hellfire (I took it cos I've got a friend there who sent me a gold piece to help start me off... plus some arrows and sharpening stones... My characters called Dib (so glad I got that) n he's a level 9 night elf hunter...

So... who else?

Gales
2007-06-23, 04:09 PM
I've played for 2 years, it's been great fun, but I've seen pretty much everything in the game, played most of the classes... probably it's my time to call it a quit and play something else.

It is a good game though, but I've personally grown bored of it. :)

Burrito
2007-06-23, 06:02 PM
There is a reason it is called WarCrack.

I personally don't like having to continually pay for a game that I had to buy from the store initially. Monthly fees my ass....

Have you seen the South Park parody of WarCraft? Best South Park in a long time.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-06-23, 06:09 PM
I played the game for about 3 months, then had a revelation: it's completely pointless. By the time you're high level the PvP doesn't rely on skill, it depends on whoever has played the longes, and you have to devote a rediculous amount of time to the game to get to high levels. I dunno, I guess it just wasn't my thing. Just ignore my jadedness and have fun with the game :smallbiggrin:

SalientGreen
2007-06-23, 07:00 PM
Kul Tiras, Level 49 Draenei Hunter

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-23, 07:23 PM
Why do people keep making video game topics in the Media Discussion section?

Video game discussion goes here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26). There's not a general WoW topic that's been updated in the last couple months, but you could start a new one, Redemption this old one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39485), or Mind Control this more recent thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48262) about a specific situation into a general thread.

Davia, 33 Retnoob (and proud of it) Paladin, <Negative>, Alliance, Blackhand, by the way.

JeffreyToTheMax
2007-06-23, 07:42 PM
I played it, but never got past level 15. For some reason, I've always preferred Neverwinter Nights, and some of its user-made PWs like Layonara. But I'll probably give WoW another go at some point.

Icewalker
2007-06-24, 08:59 PM
Best game eva.

I love WoW, been playing for quite a while, and was looking forward to playing it for almost 2 years before it came out.

70 Dwarf Hunter (Icewalker :smallbiggrin: ), 52 Gnome Warlock (Gnosh).
My brother has a 70 Dwarf pally and a 43ish Blood elf pally.
My dad had a level 60 human rogue, but he abandoned it and my brother is taking it over. 62 now.

All on Draenor server, except the blood elf who is on Ysondre.

Ahhhh WoW...so fun...

Tussy the Druid
2007-06-24, 09:19 PM
There is a reason it is called WarCrack.

I personally don't like having to continually pay for a game that I had to buy from the store initially. Monthly fees my ass....

Have you seen the South Park parody of WarCraft? Best South Park in a long time.

Mom? More hot pockets! My mom always yells that when I'm playing. And I'm Burnakai, lvl 37 Druid on Maelstrom.

Icewalker
2007-06-24, 09:27 PM
World of Warcraft is more addicting than heroine.

Or so many people say, probably correctly.

But you wanna know what? I'd like to hear somebody give a irrefutable reason why that's bad. "Your life is absorbed by the computer and you don't have a social life." Who says your social life is any better than my social life? Hell, you probably talk to way more people playing WoW than you would if you didn't. One of my best friends is another kid I met over WoW. :smalltongue:

Vaynor
2007-06-24, 11:56 PM
Best game eva.

I love WoW, been playing for quite a while, and was looking forward to playing it for almost 2 years before it came out.

70 Dwarf Hunter (Icewalker :smallbiggrin: ), 52 Gnome Warlock (Gnosh).
My brother has a 70 Dwarf pally and a 43ish Blood elf pally.
My dad had a level 60 human rogue, but he abandoned it and my brother is taking it over. 62 now.

All on Draenor server, except the blood elf who is on Ysondre.

Ahhhh WoW...so fun...

Yay hunters! What's your spec?

All on Eldre'Thalas:

Salut: 70 Nelf Hunter (MM/SV)
Allethor: 36 Human Lock (Aff)
Gurf: 47 Dwarf Paladin (Prot)
Soliqui: 37 Gnome Mage (Frost)
Pwnd: 21 Human Warrior (Fury)
Astrus: 29 Nelf Drood (Feral)
Dir: 21 Human Priest (Holy)
Vaynor (:O): 14 Draenei (sp?) Shaman (Enhancement)
Darkdoom: 25 Nelf Rogue (Combat)

Mr the Geoff
2007-06-25, 06:34 AM
*stands up and clears throat*

My name is Geoff and I am a WoWaholic. It has been 13 hours since my last instance.

On Draenor here in a guild with the rest of my d&d party. Level 70 warlock and paladin..

Yes it's addictive, but at $15 a month (or whatever it is, it comes out of my credit card and gets paid off automatically from my bank account so I have no idea) its a damn cheap hobby compared to others I have had.

Mirin
2007-06-25, 07:35 AM
I've been playing this game for like 8 months, together with friends of mine, which is less than most wow-nerds I've been playing with, and yet quite a long time for one game.

It was huge fun, from the beginning to the end, from the first stumblings into this wide, unknown, fascinating world, to the hours spent raiding and the nerdy calculations of +heal formulas and general geekery one grows in, when one plays a game so long and so intensly like we did.
Finally we quit, for different reasons, but in the end it was the fact that this game had started to bring us more frustration than fun - it was time to go.

But I will always remeber it as some really good time we had there, and love that little fat hairy priest of mine who was so strong and cute and had experienced so much :smallredface:

Catch
2007-06-25, 01:13 PM
I've actually beaten World of Warcraft.

You win by canceling your account and uninstalling the game.

Querzis
2007-06-25, 02:13 PM
I played WoW 1 years, I loved PvP but it became nearly impossible to PvP without doing raids and getting the super epic gear...I dont like raids. I also dont like how they destroyed the entire warcraft lore and how they are killing every important character for no reason at all. But its a great game and seriously, 15$ for a game you are gonna play the entire month is not that bad when there are games you buy for 50$ and play just two weeks. But even if I love doing solo PvE and PvP, it just annoy me how I would need to play five more hours everyday if I want to have decent PvP gears and not always getting one-shoot by everyone. But now that you accumulate PvP point maybe I'm gonna play again, I wanna see how Draenor look like anyway.

But I stopped playing when they announced Draenei as the new Alliance race...it didnt make any sense in the story back then and it still doesnt make any sense now, they contradicted pretty much everything they said before about Draenei.

TheEmerged
2007-06-25, 05:30 PM
But you wanna know what? I'd like to hear somebody give a irrefutable reason why that's bad. "Your life is absorbed by the computer and you don't have a social life."

I tried to find the link but failed. Best take I've seen on the subject?

"And yet, people who watch 2-4 hours of TV a night are called normal."

============================================

70th Human Frost Mage on Silver Hand (RP Server) here. Few alts too. Main is maxed on all secondary tradeskills and over 360 for Tailoring & Enchanting. Not bad for someone who can only instance run once a week, at most :o And yes, I got 375 fishing before they made it easier...

Kyrsis
2007-06-25, 05:44 PM
I play WoW too, it's a fun game. I don't mind paying the monthly fee, because like others have said, there are more expensive hobbies. I also like the fact that while I was deployed I could still get on every once in a while and play with my husband.
I have 2 characters, both on Kirin Tor -
49 Undead Rogue (Serinn)
27 Blood Elf Hunter (Arilynne)
I have an Alliance character on Shadowsong as well, though I haven't logged in there in a really long time, ever since I discovered the Horde-
25 Human Mage (Kyrsis) I really don't see her going anywhere

Ava
2007-06-25, 05:53 PM
Of course I play.

Ava, officer of <Retribution> on Darrowmere.

I have the most awesome gear ever. Pics below!

Tier 5 arena helm and shoulders... woot!
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u220/avasavatars/screenshots/avat5arena2.png

Without my helm, showing off my wings!
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u220/avasavatars/screenshots/avat5arenashoulders.png

In shadowform, the helm looks cool:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u220/avasavatars/screenshots/avat5arena1.png

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-25, 06:25 PM
Siggy, 54 Holydin (After a brief stint as a Retnoob) <Knights of the Storm> Moon Guard (RP). Light-rp guild, all pretty mid-high levels with most around high 40s. I am, in fact, the second-highest level in the guild (Neither side has many 70s on this server, or at least they're all in Outlands) only beaten by a 55 Hunter.

Gorbash Kazdar
2007-06-25, 06:54 PM
Comrade Gorby: Good thread, belongs in Gaming (Other). Off with ye! :smallwink:

Jimp
2007-06-25, 07:21 PM
I'm about to start playing soon. Some friends of mine played it and said it was good. Thinking about making a Horde character.
Are the RP servers worth joining or are people playing them practically the same as the non-RP?

Morrandir
2007-06-25, 07:31 PM
Played it almost since release. Canceled in the Priest Riot of '07. Haven't gone back since, unless you include me using up the 5 or 6 trial keys I had laying around.

Might go back if my RL friends get into it, other than that, to heck with it. Being underpowered and nerfed every patch =/= fun.

Vonriel
2007-06-25, 07:42 PM
Being underpowered and nerfed every patch =/= fun.

Spoken like a true WoWer! :smallbiggrin:

I was forced to cancel back in December due to lack of funds. Had a level 60 paladin (At the time, protection/holy spec for pvp) on Venture Company. He was ok, but like others, I found the lack of fair pvp at 60 annoying, so I made a gnome mage to screw around with in the 10-19 bracket. He died many, many times to the twinks that populated it once they created the battlegroups, but it was fun the few times I managed to get the last hit with a fireball.

Querzis
2007-06-25, 08:20 PM
I'm about to start playing soon. Some friends of mine played it and said it was good. Thinking about making a Horde character.
Are the RP servers worth joining or are people playing them practically the same as the non-RP?

My main character was a level 60 warrior on a PvE server but I also had a level 31 hunter alt on a roleplay server and its different (the game doesnt change at all but the people are different). People usually roleplay when they are in a group and nobody as name like «loothax» or dance naked on the mailbox...but the problem is that half of the people who roleplay dont know a thing about warcraft lore so you see retarded orc, tauren psycho, night elves who act like drow or people who dont know the name of their leader all the time...Warcraft isnt D&D!!!! Seriously, both in the PvE and roleplay server I heard WAY too much time «Who is Thrall?» or «how come drows are with the good guys?». But anyway you can also join a roleplay guild if you really want to roleplay a lot.

Icewalker
2007-06-25, 09:10 PM
On Draenor here in a guild with the rest of my d&d party. Level 70 warlock and paladin..

Alliance or horde? Draenor foreva!

Also, Vaynor, my 70 dwarf hunter is currently marks. Just switched in from BM, because I'm starting to head into Kara and Gruul with my guild, which I believe is biggest on the server. Not craziest in terms of raiding, that's Evolve, but Sodality of the Constant is about 500 or so characters. Four Kara teams, we had two different full groups running MC back in the good 'ol days of level 60s.

TheEmerged
2007-06-25, 10:56 PM
RP Servers aren't that much different from regular servers (and remember, I play on one). We are just more serious about the naming rules (you WILL get reported) and spam in the broad channels. You'll find RP guilds on any server.

What you probably want to look for is an RP *guild*. You can find those on just about any server. Just make sure it's not an ERP guild -- trust me on this.

Ronsian
2007-06-26, 06:57 AM
Morrandir, I feel your pain. 63 shadow priest and proud of it, 'till I just started PvP. I got beat up by HUNTERS!!! It was pathetic, they need to bring priests back to the land of the powerful, they are terribly nerfed.

Mad Jyle
2007-06-26, 08:50 AM
Shadowpriest is really a PvE spec now, they provide a ton of dps and great raid utility, quite the buff from being totally useless in PvE. I used to compete for #1 on the dmg meters, but I've since quit the raiding game. Tired of dealing with so many fragile egos. Now I pvp, respecced to disc/holy, loaded up on resilience/stamina, and I'm having a ball.

I do agree on the destruction of WoW lore that is prevalent in the game. I remember Blizzard saying how they wanted the 2 sides to become more and more polarized as the game progressed, so there would be a steadily rising conflict. Instead we see the opposite. There seems to be more and more integration of the two sides. In fact most of us now live in the same city in Outlands and bank at the same banks, whats up with that? In fact our factions mean nothing in the arenas, you can fight horde vs horde or alliance vs alliance.
If they want the two sides to live together they should just eliminate the language barrier and start letting us group together. If they want us to war with each other start seperating the sides and start encouraging increased conflicts and less PvE business. The game just feels like unfinished ideas piled on unfinished ideas with no clue where it's heading.
I'll stick to pvp until Warhammer Online comes out or my mmo interest finally dies off.

Reinforcements
2007-06-26, 08:55 AM
I like RP servers. Admittedly, it isn't a huge difference, but I think people on RP servers tend to be just a bit nicer.

You should join the Horde on the Steamwheedle Cartel server! I have a 33 warlock named Aerin on there.

Dragor
2007-06-27, 03:19 PM
Hmm, I've made a comeback from the 'Worth the Plunge' thread. I'm still playing WoW, but at a less obsessive pace. I'm a Level 22 Paladin now, mostly focusing on doing lots of damage in bursts (I couldn't resist).

I'm still in Hellfire, my name is Maeia if you want to add me to friends.

...Eh?
2007-06-27, 06:17 PM
(After a brief stint as a Retnoob)

By "brief stint," he means "until level 40+." Don't lie, blue-nipples.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-27, 06:33 PM
By "brief stint," he means "until level 40+." Don't lie, blue-nipples.

*cough cough*

Yes, I was originally a Draenei. But they look funny on a horse are really just too out-there for my tastes, so I made a human on another server.

Gales
2007-06-27, 11:57 PM
*cough cough*

Yes, I was originally a Draenei. But they look funny on a horse are really just too out-there for my tastes, so I made a human on another server.

Doubt they look as funny as orc warlocks on felsteeds. :smallamused:

Vaynor
2007-06-28, 01:08 AM
Alliance or horde? Draenor foreva!

Also, Vaynor, my 70 dwarf hunter is currently marks. Just switched in from BM, because I'm starting to head into Kara and Gruul with my guild, which I believe is biggest on the server. Not craziest in terms of raiding, that's Evolve, but Sodality of the Constant is about 500 or so characters. Four Kara teams, we had two different full groups running MC back in the good 'ol days of level 60s.

Same, just got attuned myself. People are saying BM is now better dps, but frankly I don't agree. Most high level instance bosses will kill your pet with massive aoe's, and pets are fragile. I found my pet dead most of the time while BM, so I switched back to Marks. Now I do 3.7k crits and have 2.1k RAP. I'm happy. :smallsmile:

EDIT: ^ Or as funny as gnomes on Elekks.

Dib
2007-06-28, 06:52 AM
Hmm, I've made a comeback from the 'Worth the Plunge' thread. I'm still playing WoW, but at a less obsessive pace. I'm a Level 22 Paladin now, mostly focusing on doing lots of damage in bursts (I couldn't resist).

I'm still in Hellfire, my name is Maeia if you want to add me to friends.

Yay! Nuther Hellfirerer... :smallconfused: strange words I spyoo... I'll stop now...

ANyway, I originally had a goal of 2 levels a day... and I've now fallen begind... I got none yesterday and only one the day before... so I'm still 15...

Oh, and fo those who say pets are fragile... my pet has twice as many Hp as me, and almost never dies... whereas I constantly die...

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-28, 07:08 AM
Or as funny as gnomes on Elekks.

That made me smile.

Also, Dib, don't get your hopes too high here, as you get higher in level, it becomes harder...at first you take out 2 or 3 levels in a day, then one, then you start settling for half-levels. On the subject of pets being more durable then their masters...that's kind of their point. But hunters are overpowered anyway. :smalltongue:

Ronsian
2007-06-28, 07:28 AM
I remember the good ol' days when hunters SUCKED. They could not wipe my shoes with their underpowered spells. I almost cried when I logged on after awhile and lost to one :smallfrown:.

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-28, 07:51 AM
I played for a little while, it didn't hold my interest too long though. Still, it stuck with me enough that I'm still all gung ho hordie :P

MaxKaladin
2007-06-28, 10:52 AM
Also, Dib, don't get your hopes too high here, as you get higher in level, it becomes harder...at first you take out 2 or 3 levels in a day, then one, then you start settling for half-levels. Yeah, it slows down as you go up in levels. Back when my guild switched servers*, I got a lot of practice at starting characters. The first 10 levels go really fast. I used to start an alt when I got home from work and level to 10 or 12 that evening. Then it slowed down, but I'd still get a few levels in a night but the pace gradually slows down to a crawl. Several of my alts are in the 40-45 range now and the pace seems just glacial.

* Our original server started giving a lot of our members constant trouble with logging in and many couldn't log in at all. Eventually, we gave up and started over on a new server just so people could play. A lot of us switched classes just to try something new, which is why I kept starting alts. I'd try different classes for a few days and see which ones caught my interest. I ended up playing every class to at least 20 (even bouncing over to horde to play a shaman). Since the advent of paid transfers, most of us have brought over our old 60s from that server.

On the subject of pets being more durable then their masters...that's kind of their point. It depends on the pet. My hunter's bear is nigh unkillable but can't hold aggro anymore given my (marksman) hunter's DPS. His cat can hold aggro, but is so very fragile.

Vaynor
2007-06-28, 01:01 PM
It depends on the pet. My hunter's bear is nigh unkillable but can't hold aggro anymore given my (marksman) hunter's DPS. His cat can hold aggro, but is so very fragile.

You're probably training it wrong - remember, not all pet abilities are good. For example, Cower. NEVER teach that to a pet. It just gets aggro off the pet and on to you, so what's the point? Also, you're bear never dies because it's never attacked, because you grab the aggro. :smallsmile:

Oh, and for those who say pets are fragile... my pet has twice as many Hp as me, and almost never dies... whereas I constantly die...

Really? You either have no stamina whatsoever or you trained greater stamina and that's it. At higher levels at least, pets HP sucks unless you get one that only has HP, and no dps/armor. My pet has around 5k health right now, I have about 6k. Usually more, but I'm lacking stam at the moment.

Edit: Here's (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Salut) my armory link.

...Eh?
2007-06-28, 10:10 PM
ANyway, I originally had a goal of 2 levels a day... and I've now fallen begind... I got none yesterday and only one the day before... so I'm still 15...

That'll stop. It takes forver to level, which can get really frustrating when you're a level short of new abilties/new quests/whoamg hax uber equip.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-28, 10:18 PM
Ahh, how could I forget? Here's an armory link for you. (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Moon+Guard&n=Siggy)

Vaynor
2007-06-29, 02:28 AM
Ahh, how could I forget? Here's an armory link for you. (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Moon+Guard&n=Siggy)

I can't help but notice you have no professions. You should at least get Herb/Mining for money.

Also, no longer ret? Armory says you are. :smalltongue:

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-29, 06:13 AM
Professions are just a waste of time on this alt, I've been leveling and only that.

Ah...right...err, yes, I made a mistake. But I am raising the gold to return to Holy.

...Eh?
2007-06-29, 07:51 AM
Here's Mockery. (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade's+Edge&n=Mockery)

MaxKaladin
2007-06-29, 09:58 AM
You're probably training it wrong - remember, not all pet abilities are good. For example, Cower. NEVER teach that to a pet. It just gets aggro off the pet and on to you, so what's the point? Also, you're bear never dies because it's never attacked, because you grab the aggro. :smallsmile:I'm painfully aware that I'm drawing all the aggro. I've sometimes joked to my guild that I ought to give up and change to a melee hunter. I've been thinking about retraining the bear, but there really doesn't seem to be much to do with bears to let them grab aggro easier. I've got growl, bite and claw at their maximum already and I don't think there's much else to do. I've pretty much sunk all the training points into armor and health.

The worst part is I haven't even finished spending all my talent points. I've got about 12 unspent at 70. If I padded out my marksman tree more, I could probably draw aggro that much faster. I never bothered to spend those points because I just couldn't decide where to go with them. I was thinking about some beastmaster stuff but never have gotten around to it.

I suppose the real problem is a combination of the race to 70 and alt-itis. I raced to 70 mostly because my pre-60 time was always spent rushing to play catch-up with the rest of the guild (many of whom had more time to play) so I didn't fall behind everyone elses mains and get left out of instance runs and stuff. It turns out the race was unnecessary. I was the first one in our guild to hit 70 back in February and some still haven't caught up. In the meantime, I've pretty much paid no attention to my hunter, concentrating on various alts instead. I need to go back and get a better balance of gear, reexamine my talent points, finish maxxing out my engineering, clear out my bank and probably other stuff I've forgotten.

Santanya
2007-06-29, 10:05 AM
I've played RedWater (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Thorium+Brotherhood&n=Redwater), my hunter for a long time now and have enjoyed him. He's full marksman, and... really never has problems with aggro unless I do it intentionally. Out of curiousity, do you always go full out damage? There's a lot of the time that if you just sit back, let the pet pick up the target first, then slowly lay into it (don't do anything but autoattack for the first 1/2, watching the pet's health), you won't get aggro until its far enough along to kill before it gets close.

Leon
2007-06-29, 10:08 AM
My Main: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Nisodemius

Also have a 68 Warrior, 62 Shaman, 65 Hunter, 34 Warlock as active toons

Penguinizer
2007-06-29, 10:27 AM
Meh, I'm not sure about should I get WoW. I tried the trial and liked it. But I'm still just not sure.

Ronsian
2007-06-29, 10:27 AM
My Main: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Eredar&n=Ronsian

The coolest thing about him, is of course, my awesome pimp hat :smallwink:. Other then that, he's not special.

Vaynor
2007-06-29, 10:30 AM
I'm painfully aware that I'm drawing all the aggro. I've sometimes joked to my guild that I ought to give up and change to a melee hunter. I've been thinking about retraining the bear, but there really doesn't seem to be much to do with bears to let them grab aggro easier. I've got growl, bite and claw at their maximum already and I don't think there's much else to do. I've pretty much sunk all the training points into armor and health.

The worst part is I haven't even finished spending all my talent points. I've got about 12 unspent at 70. If I padded out my marksman tree more, I could probably draw aggro that much faster. I never bothered to spend those points because I just couldn't decide where to go with them. I was thinking about some beastmaster stuff but never have gotten around to it.

I suppose the real problem is a combination of the race to 70 and alt-itis. I raced to 70 mostly because my pre-60 time was always spent rushing to play catch-up with the rest of the guild (many of whom had more time to play) so I didn't fall behind everyone elses mains and get left out of instance runs and stuff. It turns out the race was unnecessary. I was the first one in our guild to hit 70 back in February and some still haven't caught up. In the meantime, I've pretty much paid no attention to my hunter, concentrating on various alts instead. I need to go back and get a better balance of gear, reexamine my talent points, finish maxxing out my engineering, clear out my bank and probably other stuff I've forgotten.

Would you mind giving me an Armory link? I can look at your talent points and help you out a bit.

Meh, I'm not sure about should I get WoW. I tried the trial and liked it. But I'm still just not sure.

It's horribly addicting, but very fun.

Penguinizer
2007-06-29, 11:53 AM
I established that :D

Still, I'm thinking about going pure dps rogue. Max out the stealth tree. Focused on sneaking and stabbing backs.

MaxKaladin
2007-06-29, 12:30 PM
Out of curiousity, do you always go full out damage? No. I have occasionally tried pumping out enough DPS to kill something before it can reach me but I usually try to really hold back like you described. Neither approach works really well with the bear. I just tamed one of those level 70 cats from near Skettis. It's doing a much better job of holding aggro and my usual slow and steady approach works pretty well with it even before getting it loyal enough to train. For that matter, I didn't start to have this problem with my bear until sometime after Burning Crusade came out. I think my DPS just greatly outstripped my bears DPS.

There's a lot of the time that if you just sit back, let the pet pick up the target first, then slowly lay into it (don't do anything but autoattack for the first 1/2, watching the pet's health), you won't get aggro until its far enough along to kill before it gets close.My usual tactic is much like this but I still draw aggro. I'll send the pet in, wait a bit for them to grab aggro (how long depends on monitoring the health of both bear and target) then go autoshot (sometimes opening with a sting). The problem with this approach is crits. Those tend to grab aggro from my bear really well.

{Sniff} I've had that bear since level 10. {sniff} :smallbiggrin:

MaxKaladin
2007-06-29, 12:31 PM
Would you mind giving me an Armory link? I can look at your talent points and help you out a bit.I can't get to the armory site from where I'm at right now but I'll try to do that later. If you want to search on your own, he's Thorbjorn on Sen'jin.

Demon Messiah
2007-06-29, 02:22 PM
I used to play it, but the monthly fee began interfering with saving up for a Wii. I had an Undead rogue and a BE warlock, both in their 30's.
One day we were allowed to where an out of uniform shirt to school and I wore my "For the Horde!" shirt. It's black and red, somewhat darker looking, and since most of my friends and I listen to metal bands they were like "The Horde? Never heard of them. Are they any good?"

Noobs.

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-30, 12:09 PM
I used to play it, but the monthly fee began interfering with saving up for a Wii. I had an Undead rogue and a BE warlock, both in their 30's.
One day we were allowed to where an out of uniform shirt to school and I wore my "For the Horde!" shirt. It's black and red, somewhat darker looking, and since most of my friends and I listen to metal bands they were like "The Horde? Never heard of them. Are they any good?"

Noobs.

In that situation...I would sneak up on you wearing an Alliance T-shirt and yell "GANK!" at the top of my lungs. >_>;;

Penguinizer
2007-06-30, 01:32 PM
Sneak up from behind. Poke and say "Backstabbed!". Then "Gank!"

KingGolem
2007-06-30, 01:53 PM
You know what I don't like about World of Warcraft? The fact that the different races do not have the option of being any class! And that is kind of how my first WoW character was made. I wanted to play a dwarf, but then I discovered that dwarves couldn't be druids OR mages! :smalleek:

But anyway, my realm is Bronzebeard and here's my characters:

Durdek level 49 Dwarf Hunter; the first one, the one who couldn't be a mage or druid :smallfrown: He's an awesome engineer! (I love goggles :smallcool: )

Errimios level 11 Night Elf Druid; alchemist alt'

Scizzros level 21 Human Paladin; tailor alt' (which turned out to be a poor choice, since he's a paladin)

Oberos level 13 Draenie Shaman; jeweler alt'

Arslee level 13 Gnome Warrior; blacksmithing alt'

Flamingsteve level 7 Blood Elf Warlock; solely to make fun of Blood Elves, for reasons obvious in the name

Querzis
2007-06-30, 08:02 PM
You know what I don't like about World of Warcraft? The fact that the different races do not have the option of being any class!

Man I really hope that never happen, they already destroyed the lore more then enough. If they ever make dwarf druids, human shamans or troll paladins, then WoW lore will have officially absolutely nothing to do with Warcraft lore (and it already doesnt have much to do with it except the races and the name of some boss). Anyway I really hope WoW is not going to have ANY influence on the lore for future games or books, then what happens in WoW wont bother me that much.

Penguinizer
2007-07-01, 05:40 AM
Hmm, what mods should I download when I get the game. I'm mainly thinking something for more key binds.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-01, 05:45 AM
Hmm, what mods should I download when I get the game. I'm mainly thinking something for more key binds.

You can do that without mods, you know. There's a little button in the menu..."Set additional ActionBars".

Penguinizer
2007-07-01, 05:56 AM
Oh, >.>

*Totally already knew that* :P

Anyways. Tuesday. I will get it. Need to think of a race though.

Vaynor
2007-07-01, 07:35 PM
Oh, >.>

*Totally already knew that* :P

Anyways. Tuesday. I will get it. Need to think of a race though.

Do you want horde or alliance?

Night elf for ally, they get increased stealth, and more dodge.

For Horde, it's kind of up for grabs. Undead have more Agility, and cannibalize, which allows for you to move on to the next mob faster. Orcs have stun resistance, trolls have that berserker thing.

Have you chosen a realm yet?

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-01, 08:47 PM
CHOOSE MOON GUARD, CHOOSE MOON GUARD!

...I can run you through tings and such. <_<;;

Penguinizer
2007-07-02, 12:37 AM
I'll probably go troll or orc. Or whatnot >.>

Anyways. Realm would be Nagrand probably.

Callix
2007-07-02, 01:17 AM
Penguin: If you're looking at Nagrand, I'm splitting time between Khaz'goroth and Aman'Thul. Belf Mage 47 on Khaz, and a new Rogue 18 (atm) belf on Aman'Thul. Just thought I'd say it.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-02, 04:50 PM
So...the Loot Gods have spoken, and they are displeased with my not having a prof. However, they have given m a chance at redemption. <_<;;

Explanation:Today, while I was completing [57] Unfinished Business (http://www.thottbot.com/q6023) and [58] Mark of the Lightbringer (http://www.thottbot.com/q9474), [Formula:Enchant Weapon-Crusader] (http://www.thottbot.com/i16252) dropped. So, I'm taking up Enchanting. Wish me luck!

TheEmerged
2007-07-02, 10:23 PM
Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Tailor/Enchanting here (367/363). Frankly you're probably better off selling that pattern on the Auction House. Enchanting is probably the most expensive profession if you're leveling it as you level, although it can probably be power-leveled the easiest up to the mid 250's. I leveled it the old fashioned way :smallyuk: You can allegedly make money just by the disenchanting, but frankly I need those reagents pretty badly (Tailoring at high levels requires lots of Arcane Dust). Furthermore, I fully expect Blizzard to close the AH/reagent loophole someday (currently you can post enchanting reagents without a deposit, so you can just repost them until they sell).

I'm not saying Enchanting is bad (there's only one bad profession right now), I'm saying it's one of the most demanding and expensive in terms of opportunity costs. Blizzard has actually said they intended it to be the most hardcore profession and has no plans to change that.

Do you want professions as a way of making money? Take some combination of Leatherworking, Mining, and Herbalism. The usual advise is to take Leatherworking and either Mining or Herbalism since you can only search for metal or plants at the same time -- but I've got a coworker who swears by Mining/Herbalism because "generally there's only going to be one of them nearby anyway".

Do you want professions to make yourself equipment? Find something you want and take the attached gathering/production skills. Right now Blacksmithing-Mining is great for tanks (primarily Weaponsmith, Armorsmith is lagging). Tailoring has some REALLY good stuff at higher levels for cloth wearers but has some very painful time delays (I need no fewer than 160 days worth of Primal Mooncloth, for example).

Truthfully, I like the secondary skills more myself. Cooking, first aid, and... yeah, even fishing, even though it's crazy-nuts leveling this after 226. The cooking/fishing combo reaps major rewards in the expansion. My frost mage is on a steady diet of poached bluefish :smallcool:

The one profession I'd steer everyone away from right now is Engineering. Pre-expansion it was bordering on must-have for PvP, and Blizzard overcompensated in the expansion. Overcompensated with a capital Oh-my-goodness-why-am-I-doing-this-to-myself... Allegedly they're in the process of revamping this, but the first returns are not encouraging.

Gales
2007-07-03, 06:42 AM
My orc warlock is level 45 soon. And I found out that his name means "erection" in turkish.

Dib
2007-07-03, 09:08 AM
If anyone's interested... here's my cruddy armoury... erm... or not... I found it the other day, and now its not there... :smalleek:

And I can't work out how to spend my pets training points... anyone know?

Indon
2007-07-03, 09:28 AM
If anyone's interested... here's my cruddy armoury... erm... or not... I found it the other day, and now its not there... :smalleek:

And I can't work out how to spend my pets training points... anyone know?

There'll be an option in your spellbook called "Beast Training", after you've done _both_ of the pet-related quests (the one that gives you your pet, and the follow-up which teaches the rest of the skills which you should be able to get from the hunter trainer at your capital).

Then you'll need to purchase abilities to train your pet in from your pet trainer (there's not much for a low-level hunter and his pet).

Your pet gains more training points as its' loyalty increases. Don't be afraid to spend them as you _will_ have a surplus about the time you hit level 15 or so, more than likely.

Vaynor
2007-07-03, 02:05 PM
Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Tailor/Enchanting here (367/363). Frankly you're probably better off selling that pattern on the Auction House. Enchanting is probably the most expensive profession if you're leveling it as you level, although it can probably be power-leveled the easiest up to the mid 250's. I leveled it the old fashioned way :smallyuk: You can allegedly make money just by the disenchanting, but frankly I need those reagents pretty badly (Tailoring at high levels requires lots of Arcane Dust). Furthermore, I fully expect Blizzard to close the AH/reagent loophole someday (currently you can post enchanting reagents without a deposit, so you can just repost them until they sell).

I'm not saying Enchanting is bad (there's only one bad profession right now), I'm saying it's one of the most demanding and expensive in terms of opportunity costs. Blizzard has actually said they intended it to be the most hardcore profession and has no plans to change that.

Do you want professions as a way of making money? Take some combination of Leatherworking, Mining, and Herbalism. The usual advise is to take Leatherworking and either Mining or Herbalism since you can only search for metal or plants at the same time -- but I've got a coworker who swears by Mining/Herbalism because "generally there's only going to be one of them nearby anyway".

Do you want professions to make yourself equipment? Find something you want and take the attached gathering/production skills. Right now Blacksmithing-Mining is great for tanks (primarily Weaponsmith, Armorsmith is lagging). Tailoring has some REALLY good stuff at higher levels for cloth wearers but has some very painful time delays (I need no fewer than 160 days worth of Primal Mooncloth, for example).

Truthfully, I like the secondary skills more myself. Cooking, first aid, and... yeah, even fishing, even though it's crazy-nuts leveling this after 226. The cooking/fishing combo reaps major rewards in the expansion. My frost mage is on a steady diet of poached bluefish :smallcool:

The one profession I'd steer everyone away from right now is Engineering. Pre-expansion it was bordering on must-have for PvP, and Blizzard overcompensated in the expansion. Overcompensated with a capital Oh-my-goodness-why-am-I-doing-this-to-myself... Allegedly they're in the process of revamping this, but the first returns are not encouraging.

Hmm, I've been a DS LW/Skinner from level 6 (sans the DS part of course), but at my level (70) I didn't feel like keeping skinning, as there isn't much point to it anymore. I can just buy the stuff in the AH as I don't even make stuff that much anymore. I took up engineering and AH leveled it to 245 yesterday, more today. I think it's a wonderfully useful profession, and there wasn't much else to take, really.

...Eh?
2007-07-03, 02:13 PM
I hit level 35 yesterday; my entire guild keeps asking if I have mount money, which I don't, not even close. I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to having to watch as all my friends run past me on their fancy chickens and wolves.

Why the hell are mounts so expensive?

Indon
2007-07-03, 02:19 PM
I hit level 35 yesterday; my entire guild keeps asking if I have mount money, which I don't, not even close. I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to having to watch as all my friends run past me on their fancy chickens and wolves.

Why the hell are mounts so expensive?

They aren't all that bad, at least, if you have one or more major gathering professions.

I recommend (especially for first characters) that you take Skinning, Herbalism, or Mining, and sell what you collect on the auction house. The money you make will be enough to buy things like mounts.

...Eh?
2007-07-03, 06:44 PM
That's the problem; I have Mining/BS, and thew BS is really low. I don;t want to take a new profession now (I was thinking Alchemy) sinc eI'd have to go backwards to find the mats, but meh.

trollhammeren
2007-07-04, 07:39 AM
Mounts arent that expensive. I know one guy whos mount and training will cost him 90 gold in total, 9 for the mount and 81 for the training.

Crazy Owl
2007-07-04, 09:50 AM
Mounts arent that expensive. I know one guy whos mount and training will cost him 90 gold in total, 9 for the mount and 81 for the training.

That happens to almost everyone by level 40. If your reputation with a city is honoured (which it should be by about level 20 let alone 40) or higher you get a 10% discount on everything from that city including training and items. 10% of 100 is 90 so 90g for a mount at 40.

Vonriel
2007-07-04, 12:57 PM
Note that 'mount money' refers to how you used to have to have 81 gold for the mount and 9 for the training. People just never stopped after they switched it to 81 gold for the training and 9 for the mount.

TheEmerged
2007-07-04, 04:15 PM
Hmm, I've been a DS LW/Skinner from level 6 (sans the DS part of course), but at my level (70) I didn't feel like keeping skinning, as there isn't much point to it anymore. I can just buy the stuff in the AH as I don't even make stuff that much anymore. I took up engineering and AH leveled it to 245 yesterday, more today. I think it's a wonderfully useful profession, and there wasn't much else to take, really.

Emphasizing the part in bold. Up to 300, it's a good profession. Before the expansion, in fact, it was so good it was beginning to look like a must-have for PvP. The problems -- and in fairness my own Engineer is also in the 200's -- are reported to start after 300. A lot of the pre-300 trinkets don't work properly against 60+ level opposition, and I've heard horror stories about leveling it after 350. Of course, given what I'm going through* to level tailoring right now I take those horror stories with a grain of salt...

* = 108 pieces of netherweave cloth -- almost 5 and a half stacks! -- 12 Arcane dust (from destroying 3-4 green-quality items) , and 2 Netherweb per skillup attempt. I know there are worse but it ain't fun.

...Eh?
2007-07-04, 05:05 PM

90 gold isn;t expensive at level 40? Since when?

Cubey
2007-07-04, 06:29 PM
The key to getting your mount at level 40!

First, what NOT to do:
-not learning new skills. You might save some money that way, but you need the highest rank to be an efficient creature-slayer. Means you kill them faster = more loot. Also means you die less = lower repair bill.
-buying expensive trade skill components from the AH. It's better to hold your trades a bit (they're not that good anyway, at least at ranks you should have at ~40 level)
-holding out with your levelling and focusing on grinding gold. No, no, no! There is no shame in buying the mount at a higher level. In fact, reaching a higher level means you can go to higher areas, with better rewards = more gold.
-generally, buying stuff from the AH. In most cases, that few points of STA, DPS or whatever you get isn't worth the money spent. You're fine with quest rewards and drops, with some exceptions, at which you CAN, but do not have to by any means buy greens/blues from AH.

Now, the secret of getting cash for your mount is to use the auction house for selling, not buying:
-Figure out what trade items that you can make sell for lots of money, and put them on the AH. Copper and iron bars for miners are an example. Cloth tends to sell better or worse, depending on the server. Most crafted low-level items do not sell very well, but there are exceptions (hillman's cloak, as it's a quest item). Enchanting components tend to sell well.
-Sell greens and (especially) blues that you find on the AH. Blues tend to sell better if the server is old enough to have many twinks - you can get a lot of money from just one that way. Greens - generally, armor is more worth putting for sale, as it's cheaper when sold at a vendor, meaning you lose less money if it doesn't sale, and most people have good weapons from quest rewards/instance boss drops anyway. Don't sell useless stuff like (something) of the Whale - better to dump it to a vendor, or better yet, disenchant and sell the components.
-Desperate alternative: if you have a higher levelled friend, ask him to loan some money and offer to pay him back later. 90 gold is NOTHING for level 70s.

EDIT: On all my characters, I either got a mount at level 40 or was very close to getting it.

Dragor
2007-07-05, 05:59 AM
If any GiTP'ers want to join the Hellfire server, I'm looking on starting a mature guild called the Order of the God Kissed (a la the Godkissed organization in the Epic Handbook). It may not be purely GiTP'ers, but it would be cool to have some people of the same type of likeness (See: Super Geeks :smalltongue: ) to come and play WoW with me.

Just add me to Friends and whisper me. (Name = Maeia.) I'm only Level 23, but this guild's going to be focused on helping each other out rather than competing with each other.

Anyone interested? (Of course, all levels can join.) It's just to bring us all together really.

*Thinks of ranks*

Neophyte (new members)
Believer (veterans)
Saint (for me :smalltongue: )

Penguinizer
2007-07-05, 06:10 AM
Is Hellfire American. Anyways. I made a Gnome mage, the cute little buggers. Anyways. Look for a gnome mage called Penguinizer in Anachronos.

Edit: Got a green plan. Was told it is worth around 10 silver. My gnome will probably hit atleast 12-15 today.

Reinforcements
2007-07-05, 09:34 AM
I'd love to join you too, Dragor, but alas, Hellfire is Europe-only.

Stolfus
2007-07-05, 09:54 AM
I've been playing for two years since March. 70 warrior. Here is a sig with all the important stuff :smallsmile:
http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Durotan/12018.jpg

I have also drawn some comics for my guild. You can view them http://www.unionofdeath.com
Just click the Comic link on the left.

The game can be a lot of fun, or incredibly boring, depending on your personality. Alts help kill boredom, in my opinion. I have many alts; the one I have the most fun on is my rogue.
http://www.dkpsigs.com/sigs/Durotan/12021.jpg
Not the greatest gear in the world, but some nice things for super fun in BGs.

MaxKaladin
2007-07-05, 10:12 AM
I've never had trouble raising mount money. Even my first character back in 2005 had enough at 40 to buy a mount and reequip himself with all new armor from the auction house (he was a hunter and got to wear mail starting at 40) with plenty of money to spare. That character did it by taking skinning and herbalism (I'd do mining and herbalism if I did it again today). He just skinned everything he could and picked the herbs he came across to sell in the AH and easily made the money.

I would think it would be even easier nowdays, at least on my server. Since Burning Crusade came out, so many of the lower level items have just skyrocketed in cost. My nephew started playing recently and has been following the same strategy. He's just rolling in cash.

Metals, in particular, seem ludicrously expensive compared to what they used to cost. Even copper bars go for a gold a stack last time I checked and stuff like mithril can go for 10g a stack. Frankly, I've been considering going into the metal speculation market.

One of my characters did it pretty much just off the money he got leveling, but that one only just had the money. All I really did there was avoid spending gobs of money at the auction house. Frankly, I think that's the problem a lot of people have raising mount money. They keep spending their money buying things that are really just a minor upgrade and then end up short at 40.

Another did it off AH speculation. I was using the auctioneer addon and just buying low and selling high. That character isn't actually high enough to buy a mount yet, but has more than enough to do so when he gets there.

Yet another did it with tailoring, but that was a pretty laborious process. I leveled tailoring up pretty easily at first, but when I got to the point where I needed cloth I couldn't get from drops at my level, I had to carefully work my way up by buying only when I could get a real bargain and only making stuff I could sell well. I got a drop for a bandit-mask made with mageweave and that sold ludicrously well (rogues like to wear face masks it seems). Mageweave bags and finally runecloth bags just made me a killing.

Still another did it with blacksmithing, but it wouldn't work today. Pre BC, metals were cheap enough he could sit in IF buying what he needed from the AH and make stuff to sell for a profit. As I recall, Silvered Bronze Shoulders were my best sellers. I could make a batch of five at a time and sell them for anywhere from 1g to 1.5g profit each. That's not huge money, but it was enough to build up my 90g fairly quickly.

What I did with both the BS and the Tailor was log in at the start of my WoW day, spend about 30 minutes taking care of business with both of those and then going to play whatever character I was going to play.

Now, getting 5000g for an epic flying mount for my one level 70 character has proven more difficult. The regular flying mount (900g) wasn't a problem, but the 5000g...

MaxKaladin
2007-07-05, 10:17 AM
Emphasizing the part in bold. Up to 300, it's a good profession. Before the expansion, in fact, it was so good it was beginning to look like a must-have for PvP. The problems -- and in fairness my own Engineer is also in the 200's -- are reported to start after 300. A lot of the pre-300 trinkets don't work properly against 60+ level opposition, and I've heard horror stories about leveling it after 350. My main is a 356 engineer and leveling it IS a nightmare. There's just nothing that this level that can be easily made to get skillups. Pretty much everything I have the ability to make and get a skillup on takes lots of special mats. I can't speak to the trinkets as I've not really been using them, but there really isn't all that much point to engineering at this level. It certainly isn't going to make much money. I can make scopes for some profit, but nothing to write home about. I've got the plans for Khorium scopes in the bank, but haven't got the skill to learn them yet (requires 360). Even so, I expect the cost of the mats to eat up any potential profit.

I mostly took it up and keep it for Jumper Cables (for emergencies during instance runs) and the Teleporters (to get around quicker).

Tormsskull
2007-07-05, 10:46 AM
My main characters are all on Azshara now. I have a 56 Paladin, 47 Priest, 35 Mage, 31 Rogue, 29 Druid, 27 Hunter, 13 Warrior, 11 Shaman, Alliance side.

If a group of people wanted to get together and start new on a server I'd totally be up for that. The only thing I require is that it is either PVP or RPPVP, I can't stand PVE.

Vaynor
2007-07-05, 12:24 PM
Emphasizing the part in bold. Up to 300, it's a good profession. Before the expansion, in fact, it was so good it was beginning to look like a must-have for PvP. The problems -- and in fairness my own Engineer is also in the 200's -- are reported to start after 300. A lot of the pre-300 trinkets don't work properly against 60+ level opposition, and I've heard horror stories about leveling it after 350. Of course, given what I'm going through* to level tailoring right now I take those horror stories with a grain of salt...

* = 108 pieces of netherweave cloth -- almost 5 and a half stacks! -- 12 Arcane dust (from destroying 3-4 green-quality items) , and 2 Netherweb per skillup attempt. I know there are worse but it ain't fun.

I'm currently at 356 LW. Getting the next point will probably cost me 100-150g or a day of farming. 6 primal airs, 6 heavy knothide (read: 30 knothide leather), 4 fel hide, 8 crystal infused leather, and of course 2 rune thread. :'(

Penguinizer
2007-07-05, 12:56 PM
Blah, I'm not making a character on Hellfire. Anyways. I'm going to get a wand. But, what would be a good area for a Gnome mage, (9), to level in. I'm generally messing around :P

I also hope that someone would buy that Green Blacksmithing plan I got in the AH.

Dragor
2007-07-05, 05:30 PM
Blah, I'm not making a character on Hellfire.

Aww, man! You let the side down. :smallwink:

Have a good time with your Gnome. I, personally, cannot stand the little blighters. They're just miniature Ned Flanders'.

Vaynor
2007-07-06, 03:41 AM
Blah, I'm not making a character on Hellfire. Anyways. I'm going to get a wand. But, what would be a good area for a Gnome mage, (9), to level in. I'm generally messing around :P

I also hope that someone would buy that Green Blacksmithing plan I got in the AH.

Stay in Dun Morogh until you finish all the quests, then head over to Loch Modan. You should get a quest to go there, not quite sure though.

Stolfus
2007-07-06, 09:07 AM
So....no one liked my little webcomic, eh? :smallfrown:

Penguinizer
2007-07-06, 09:31 AM
Heh, Lets see, in this hour or 2. 2 pairs of warriors pants, a training sword of the tiger, and a veterans shield. And I made about 30 silver...

At level 11...

Anyways. Also got a shadow gem. I feel like the drop rates are kinda messed up.

Reinforcements
2007-07-06, 09:39 AM
So do we want to make some kinda guild? Somewhere other than Hellfire? Because I'm still down.

Tormsskull
2007-07-06, 09:44 AM
So do we want to make some kinda guild? Somewhere other than Hellfire? Because I'm still down.

It might be easier to just pick a server, start a new thread, and see who is interested. Like I said, I'm willing to join as long as it is some version of PVP because I can't stand PVE.

...Eh?
2007-07-06, 09:57 AM
-not learning new skills. You might save some money that way, but you need the highest rank to be an efficient creature-slayer. Means you kill them faster = more loot. Also means you die less = lower repair bill.

I can't really comment for other classes, but for warriors at least, that's a big no-no because of stances. You should usually stay in one stance* because of the loss of rage, so that limits your choice of attacks, plus a lot of them depend on what you're equiped with (shield, two hander, ect) to be able to use. And some of our skills just plain suck. (I'm looking at you, Cleave.)

*I personally prefer Berserker, since I'm a Fury, but I switch to Battle Stance if I'm about to go into a tough fight, so I can sue Retaliation. No matter what spec you are, though, Defensive Stance is a steaming pile of crap, albeit it's slightly less so in an instance or other group. Most protection moves are usable in other stances, the damage reduction is offset by the fact that it will take you nigh forever to kill things, since you're dealing damage with a one-hander's damage, minus 10%.

Penguinizer
2007-07-06, 10:04 AM
Whoop!

Hit 50 silver. Level 12, and I got a good staff. Any idea what shadow gems are worth.

And for me, it feels like drop rates are way off.

Dragor
2007-07-06, 11:00 AM
Warlocks are always on the look out for a bargain Shadowgem. Set the prices for them, not the other way round, because they'll always attempt to get the best deal for them.

Take it to the AH, check out the prices, and put the price slightly lower than the majority wealth. Most likely people will bid on yours rather than the higher priced ones (which makes sense).

I just hit 6 gold last night, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :smallsmile:

Lenlalron
2007-07-06, 11:08 AM
Don't put your items on the AH for slightly lower- put it for 1 copper lower ;)

(it's true: 14.99 looks a lot cheaper than 15!)

I've played for 2.5 years, since being a sophmore in college. Played one character for my whole time; highest alt is 13. He's also a hunter, so I know the ins and outs, and the history. (Lenlalron on Detheroc, if you're interested)

In terms of BM vs. Marks- BM is generally the better raiding spec. With avoidance, and the new mend pet, it doesn't take a ton of effort to keep your pet alive. BM hunters have less mana problems (damage is from the pet, and KC is dirt cheap), and more damage per talent spent on the BM tree. My hunter peer is a BM, and tears apart the damage meters in kara/gruul/mag/SSC.

I'm MM myself, but I don't have the gear level to really do a fair comparison, testingwise. He's raided for a bit longer, and has full epics; I still have a few blues on, which is night and day now. Maybe in a bit. ;)

Anyway, love to see other WoWers.

Reinforcements
2007-07-06, 11:14 AM
Warlocks are always on the look out for a bargain Shadowgem. Set the prices for them, not the other way round, because they'll always attempt to get the best deal for them.
Wait, why do warlocks want Shadowgems? Did I miss something in my travails as a warlock?

Oh, and I made a draenei mage on Azshara named Twilit. So, we'll see how that goes. I don't do PvP that often.

Dragor
2007-07-06, 11:43 AM
Sorry, my bad. It's generally high-level Crafters who love Shadowgems. I was thinking of something else.

Vaynor
2007-07-06, 12:33 PM
As no one else has done this yet, I select Shattered Halls as the US realm for GITPers. I'll be making an alliance character there named Vaynor. THought maybe we could all start over and level up together. :smallsmile:

((Most likely will call the guild: The Order of the Stick))

Dib
2007-07-06, 12:37 PM
How do you know if you're playing too much? I just finished a 5 hour run and got from start of level 20 up to 22... I might play more in a moment, dont know... how much a day do you guys play?

Tormsskull
2007-07-06, 12:38 PM
As no one else has done this yet, I select Shattered Halls as the US realm for GITPers. I'll be making an alliance character there named Vaynor. THought maybe we could all start over and level up together. :smallsmile:

((Most likely will call the guild: The Order of the Stick))

Is Shattered Halls PVP?

Dragor
2007-07-06, 12:53 PM
How do you know if you're playing too much? I just finished a 5 hour run and got from start of level 20 up to 22... I might play more in a moment, dont know... how much a day do you guys play?

During the holidays, I have played around 3 or 4 hours a day. Usually I play around 2.

Vaynor
2007-07-06, 01:01 PM
Is Shattered Halls PVP?

Yes, I thought that would appeal to most people. I'm a PVE guy myself, but whatever works works.

Penguinizer
2007-07-06, 01:05 PM
Meh, My lucky streak has dried out, anyways. I ended up with atleast 70 silver...

I'm only wielding 4 un-common items though...

Spellbinder pants. Robe of the Keeper, Arcane orb, and Lesser magic wand.

The armory link (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Penguinizer)

SilverElf4
2007-07-06, 01:17 PM
Yes, I thought that would appeal to most people. I'm a PVE guy myself, but whatever works works.

I'm in - we doing alliance or horde? Got it. What race are we doing?

Vaynor
2007-07-06, 01:37 PM
I'm in - we doing alliance or horde? Got it. What race are we doing?

Whatever floats your boat, I made a dwarf priest.

Tormsskull
2007-07-06, 02:02 PM
Whatever floats your boat, I made a dwarf priest.

Cool. I'll probably make a gnome warlock then. I've been meaning to give warlock another go. I won't be able to play until tomorrow sometime, but I'll PM you with the name of my character once he is created and then maybe you can try to network all of us together?

Vaynor
2007-07-06, 02:06 PM
Cool. I'll probably make a gnome warlock then. I've been meaning to give warlock another go. I won't be able to play until tomorrow sometime, but I'll PM you with the name of my character once he is created and then maybe you can try to network all of us together?

Sounds good.

Everyone PST Vaynor on Shattered Halls once you sign up! Once we get enough people on, we'll start the guild.

Cubey
2007-07-06, 03:27 PM
I can't really comment for other classes, but for warriors at least, that's a big no-no because of stances. You should usually stay in one stance* because of the loss of rage, so that limits your choice of attacks, plus a lot of them depend on what you're equiped with (shield, two hander, ect) to be able to use. And some of our skills just plain suck. (I'm looking at you, Cleave.)

*I personally prefer Berserker, since I'm a Fury, but I switch to Battle Stance if I'm about to go into a tough fight, so I can sue Retaliation. No matter what spec you are, though, Defensive Stance is a steaming pile of crap, albeit it's slightly less so in an instance or other group. Most protection moves are usable in other stances, the damage reduction is offset by the fact that it will take you nigh forever to kill things, since you're dealing damage with a one-hander's damage, minus 10%.

Having had a 60 warrior, I disagree. Changing stances doesn't that lot of rage - you keep up to 25 points (10 without talents), and if you have too much rage it means you should use it up immediately anyway, it's not like mana which you have to preserve during longer fights. And you had to change stances, as many useful abilities were only usable for one stance - for example, Berserker Rage or Thunder Clap. Dunno which ones have been homogenised since then though.

Also every warrior worth their salt will tank in defensive stance, and in that alone. It generates 10% less damage, but also generates 10% more aggro (so it more or less evens out), while other stances generate 20% LESS aggro. Adding it up to the fact that shield block + revenge works only in defensive stance - and it's the main aggro generator aside from the usual 5 sunders, and I believe you see my point.

And finally, skills costs aren't that big that not buying them will save you that mount or anything. I still get angry at a noobadin I had the (dis)pleasure to go to Scarlet Monastery with, who didn't buy Seal of Justice because she "didn't find it useful" (read: she was stupid and didn't know what it does), which I found out when we really needed that seal's judgement to stop running enemies.

Tormsskull
2007-07-06, 05:16 PM
Sounds good.

Everyone PST Vaynor on Shattered Halls once you sign up! Once we get enough people on, we'll start the guild.

Ok, Tormsskull the gnome warlock is now alive. As I said, can't play till tomorrow, but you can update friends list and such.

I hope we get several people, this should be fun.

...Eh?
2007-07-06, 05:45 PM
Having had a 60 warrior, I disagree. Changing stances doesn't that lot of rage - you keep up to 25 points (10 without talents), and if you have too much rage it means you should use it up immediately anyway, it's not like mana which you have to preserve during longer fights. And you had to change stances, as many useful abilities were only usable for one stance - for example, Berserker Rage or Thunder Clap. Dunno which ones have been homogenised since then though.

There's a difference between using up all your excess rage and making it simply disappear, and I've never been a big fan of putting points in talent outside your spec unless you've gotten most of the more useful talents in your spec's tree already. And IIRC, there are only a few really useful moves exclusive to each stance, not worth the rage cost IMO.

Also every warrior worth their salt will tank in defensive stance, and in that alone. It generates 10% less damage, but also generates 10% more aggro (so it more or less evens out), while other stances generate 20% LESS aggro. Adding it up to the fact that shield block + revenge works only in defensive stance - and it's the main aggro generator aside from the usual 5 sunders, and I believe you see my point.

Tanking in defensive stance is fine, I already said it's not totally awful in a group. It's a ncie formula for getting your ass kicked while soloing, because it takes longer to kill enemies, offsetting the damage reduction, and that extra aggro is going to be fairly counteractive when you're getting low on health. Also, I haven't looked at the description in a while, but I was fairly sure that Ravange hardly dealt damage, at all. Oh, and just a minor point, but IIRC, Berserker Stance is +10% threat.

And finally, skills costs aren't that big that not buying them will save you that mount or anything. I still get angry at a noobadin I had the (dis)pleasure to go to Scarlet Monastery with, who didn't buy Seal of Justice because she "didn't find it useful" (read: she was stupid and didn't know what it does), which I found out when we really needed that seal's judgement to stop running enemies.

2g per skill, and two to four new skills every two levels? It might not stop you from buying a mount, but it bashes the hell out of your funds, to be sure.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-06, 06:13 PM
Blarg. I wish I could come, I really do, but...two things holding me back.

1)Just got the ability to LFG for Strath and Scholo. Expect me to be in my shiny Lightforge soon.

2)My guild is having a race to level 60, and I've got a good lead. Second place is a prot warrior. I'm a little worried as the warrior has on average more time to play than me, but I still have a substantial lead.

Also, if you'll look at my armory profile, you'll see a certain change...that's right! I finally raised enough gold to respec!

Morrandir
2007-07-06, 06:21 PM
Revenge deals little damage, but the threat it generates is positively insane, topped only by the duration of Taunt, and a warlock spamming full DoTs and Searing Pain, while having his fire damage and crit chance maxed.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-06, 06:35 PM

Not to be much of a pedant, but Justice is by far one of the most useless seals. Essential in the lower-level instances with runners, but that's really only SM. Pallies should stop using it as soon as they get Hammer of Wrath, as there are much better combos for Seals and judgments.

Quick rundown for anyone playing a pally:

Righteousness-Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Even if you're ret, you will at some time use this seal. It's the main one, and really helps cover for our damage problem. Recommended Judgments:Crusader

Crusader:Even bigger than Righteousness. As a Judgment, it basically amps up your spell damage like crazy, and it's great as a seal in combination with a weapon or enchant that procs.
Recommended judgments:Light, Wisdom.

Light/Wisdom:Good all-around things. You can put one on yourself and the other on your enemy to use as an "Oh ****" button. Healers might want to consider spamming Light on enemies to make their jobs a tad easier. Recommended Judgments:The other.

Justice:Interesting. As a seal, it's not that bad, but it's a bit annoying because the proc never goes up in time and you don't have Crusader to help boost chance. Would be better if it conveyed the effect of the seal when used as a Judgment. Recommended Judgments:None. Basically the black sheep of seals.

Command:O_O. Just...wow. Better damage output as a judgment than Righteousness, and it can actually crit along with your weapon. Only problems here are that it's on a proc basis, a big no-no for a seal, and that unlike Righteousness, it can be blocked. Recommended judgments:Crusader.

Blood:Meh. Really sucks because it damages you, and you can get about the same output with Righteousness or Command if well-geared. Recommended judgments:You just shouldn't use this.

Vengeance:...Well, well, well, lookie here, we have a contender for "best seal ever". Gives a stackable holy damage bonus, deals damage based on how many bonuses...yup, Righteousness is beat out. Recommended Judgments:Crusader.

next installment of Siggy's Guide to the Paladin:Auras.

SilverElf4
2007-07-07, 01:05 PM
Command:O_O. Just...wow. Better damage output as a judgment than Righteousness, and it can actually crit along with your weapon. Only problems here are that it's on a proc basis, a big no-no for a seal, and that unlike Righteousness, it can be blocked. Recommended judgments:Crusader.

This must change at epic levels. I've had Command since the minimum level possible and I have never -ever- had it push my dps above that where righteousness had me. I feel like I wasted a talent point.

In other news: Vaynor and I put in a couple of hours on the GitP server yesterday, please please come join us! Shattered Halls - look for Vaynor or Cailte (Silver was taken already :smallmad: )

Penguinizer
2007-07-07, 01:11 PM
Hmm. Meh, as a Mage. I stopped leveling Ice spells. I only level Fire and Arcane. The only Ice spell i level is Ice shield.

Anyways. Joined A guild, And got a Tabard. So that cut my funds back to about 1.1 gold. Still, Going to hit level 14 soon, and got no need for new gear at the time.

Newest Armory Link (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anachronos&n=Penguinizer)

Is my stuff any good. I could have gotten a cloak and a belt today but rolled really badly. Also rolled Need by accident on an axe '-.-

Anyways. I got shoulders already. Req.15 though. Got to 14 so one more level to go. I also got a new vest. Req.15. +6 spirit. A new belt. Req.15 +6 intellect.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-08, 05:43 AM
This must change at epic levels. I've had Command since the minimum level possible and I have never -ever- had it push my dps above that where righteousness had me. I feel like I wasted a talent point.

Well, like all things that proc, you need a bit of luck. The important parts are that it can crit, therefore giving ANOTHER Vengeance instead of just one (I do hope you put points in Vengeance, it's awesometastic), and that`as a Judgment it deals much more damage than Righteousness.

OK, auras now.

Devotion:The classic! This is an "always on" Aura for most, just becausa it's so good. It does become slightly less effective at higher levels, though, unless you have at least 5 points in prot (As most good builds should-haven't gotten around to putting mine in, bit I'll dip enough to get Kings).

Retribution:Blarg. Not that good for on-level combat, since the damage is minimal. Amazing if you're AoE farming, and that's always a plus.

*fill in the blank* resistance:Strongly recommended. Useful for instances such as BRD, BFD, SFK, ST, etc. Make sure you have another Pally in the party unless you REALLY, REALLY, need the resistance so that everyone can get that and Devotiony goodness.

Concentration:Very good, though not that hot for soloing. An effective tactic for Holydins is to switch to Concentration then heal themselves, giving no cast time reduction by being hit. However, if you have long enough to survive the global cooldown before you die, you really shouldn't be healing.

Sanctity:If you're Ret, use this for solo. Haven't? DO IT! It's better than Devotion simply because, well, all your damage besides weapon is Holy. In parties, however, you'll have to explain that it increases amount healed if you use it or they'll say "put devot on nub we dnot do holy lolol!!!1", or simply "/kick" for the groups short on time.

Vaynor
2007-07-08, 12:40 PM

Command doesn't proc too often, but it's often enough where it's worth it. It allows you to get those insane crits that half kill something.

Reinforcements
2007-07-08, 02:18 PM
Come on, peoples! Nabooru, draenei mage on Shattered Halls, needs some companions!

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-08, 10:18 PM
Well, I hit 57...

...and a kindly mage decided to help me get to Shattrath a bit early...

...Outlands is pretty.

EDIT:Yes, I didn't walk outside. Yes, I flew to HFP.

Albub
2007-07-09, 01:44 AM
Lightninghoof, Ednatoko, Tauren enhance shaman, lvl 29, someone please, I'm looking for a battleground companion to increasify the pwn.

Elanya
2007-07-09, 01:58 AM
Elanya, level 69 warlock (haven't played enough since BC) and Sirai, lvl 60 druid on Twilight's Hammer.
Some low lvls on a RP PVP server
Don't pvp, like to raid and pick flowers. Then I like to turn said flowers into putrid poisons and curses.

lumberofdabeast
2007-07-09, 03:38 AM
It might be easier to just pick a server, start a new thread, and see who is interested. Like I said, I'm willing to join as long as it is some version of PVP because I can't stand PVE.

Disclaimer: Poster does not play WoW (yet).

Make two guilds. Call the PvE one "The Sapphire Guard", and the PvP one "The Crimson Mantle".

Indon
2007-07-09, 09:53 AM
Revenge deals little damage, but the threat it generates is positively insane, topped only by the duration of Taunt, and a warlock spamming full DoTs and Searing Pain, while having his fire damage and crit chance maxed.

Actually, Revenge has been changed; it now deals a static, quite decent, amount of damage, that increases with rank of course.

My level 64 prot warrior's Revenge deals about 350-400 damage to your average mob, after armor mitigation. It's pretty comparable with his Shield Slam, and costs 2 rage to SS' 17 (Focused Rage is an awesome talent, btw).

And as for saving up rage, I've found there is one very good benefit to keeping your rage high while soloing: You can deal strong, sudden damage to a would-be ganker by burning it.

Dib
2007-07-09, 11:49 AM
I've run into a couple of pickles... first, the Bank... I've started putting stuff in it, but can't put money in... I've clicked the picture of the gold piece, put it up to the number I want to put in, clicked okay, and tried to put it in... but it wont take it... what do I do?

second, unwanted pets... How do you get rid of pets you don't want, I have acrab from way back at level 10, and haven't used it since... hence level 10 crab, and level 24 me... its not gonna be helping much, and it isn't exactly a pet I want to spend much time with... how can I get rid of it permanantly?

third, Festival of Fire... just a casual wondering... when does the Festival return?

Indon
2007-07-09, 11:54 AM
-There's no reason to put money in the bank because you have no gold capacity, and dying or anything doesn't make you lose it.

-Right click on the pet's portrait and there's an option to release.

-Same time next year for the midsummer's festival.

Dib
2007-07-09, 12:07 PM
- yeah, but I don't want to accidentally spend any of my Mount money...

- cheers :)

- aw damn! I dont wanna wait... oh well... cheers :smallfrown:

Crazy Owl
2007-07-09, 01:36 PM
Don't worry, we are close to a lot of other festivals soon.

Cubey
2007-07-09, 01:47 PM
Actually, Revenge has been changed; it now deals a static, quite decent, amount of damage, that increases with rank of course.

My level 64 prot warrior's Revenge deals about 350-400 damage to your average mob, after armor mitigation. It's pretty comparable with his Shield Slam, and costs 2 rage to SS' 17 (Focused Rage is an awesome talent, btw).

And as for saving up rage, I've found there is one very good benefit to keeping your rage high while soloing: You can deal strong, sudden damage to a would-be ganker by burning it.

I checked wowwiki and indeed, Revenge does great damage now. It's about 5x greater than it used to be! The more reason to use it, especially since it still deals "a lot of threat" (which probably means 2x damage dealt, instead of 1x). And the more reasons to stay in defensive stance as a tank.

Berserker stance is the best option for PvP, but I find thunderclap to be a good debuff against other melee users (especially improved), and it only works in battle stance. Defensive stance has spell reflection, but it's... so-so.

Best solution to avoid ganking - PvE server.

Vonriel
2007-07-09, 02:40 PM
I think you misunderstood him. It sounds more like he'd rather blow his rage to reduce a would-be ganker to a corpse in a matter of seconds, rather than just avoid it. Which is always very fun :smallbiggrin:

Indon
2007-07-09, 02:52 PM
Berserker stance is the best option for PvP, but I find thunderclap to be a good debuff against other melee users (especially improved), and it only works in battle stance. Defensive stance has spell reflection, but it's... so-so.

Dude. Both Thunder Clap _and_ Spell Reflect are usable in both Defensive and Battle stances.

As far as PvP goes, the best thing Defensive stance has is Disarm. While warriors and rogues largely protect themselves against disarming, the tactic is quite useful against Shaman (No Windfury), Paladins (it, uh, makes them hit you less), and Hunters (who can't wing clip while disarmed) who are more likely to get an enchantment than a weapon chain, and have no anti-disarming talents. Following that is your third 'charge' move, Intervene.

Edit: And I was indeed referring to sweet, sweet revenge vs. gankers.

Lenlalron
2007-07-09, 03:29 PM
Spell reflection is amazing, for one reason. It's off the global cooldown. One of our 5v5 warriors says he has a macro that lets him swap a shield on, go into def. stance, spell reflect (this can be done, since the 1.5 second GCD won't affect it), and then swap it back. It's really deadly if used correctly.

PS: Warriors should always be in zerker for pvp. It's just too good, comparitively.

SilverElf4
2007-07-09, 11:40 PM
Well, like all things that proc, you need a bit of luck. The important parts are that it can crit, therefore giving ANOTHER Vengeance instead of just one (I do hope you put points in Vengeance, it's awesometastic), and that`as a Judgment it deals much more damage than Righteousness.

I'm not to Vengeance yet, so I'll take your word on it. That doesn't help me with the fact that its been a waste of a talent point for the last 20 levels or so though. And as a judgement, its not all that useful either - remember the target has to be stunned for it to do more damage - otherwise it does *less* than Righteousness. And you only have one stunner, and its cooldown timer is less than stellar.

Dib
2007-07-10, 02:52 AM
Hey all... Started an Undead Warlock on Arathor yesterday... and teamed up with another fresh character, an undead Warrior, to complete some quests... unfortunately I had to cut our time as a party short when I was forced off the computer... I know that their character was a male, undead Warrior, and they are on Arathor... but there name escapes me, though it had a lot of Zs in it... anyone able to help?

Leon
2007-07-10, 08:38 AM
- yeah, but I don't want to accidentally spend any of my Mount money...

make a Alt and send the money to them, Extra bank space for the non Bound items is always good

TheEmerged
2007-07-10, 11:29 AM
RE: Bank Alt. Yeah, this is a pretty good piece of advice in general. Mine is named Nodwick :smallbiggrin: If you go for multiple characters you can divide up their banking duties -- my leatherworker gets any skins, my alchemist any plants, the jewelcrafter gets gems and precious metals, and the engineer gets ore and stone. This is all in addition to my bank alt, for whom I'll have to buy a new bank slot soon. The killer is more the tradeskill items and rep collection items, I feel. That and my nasty pack rat tendencies (hey, I might *need* that thick spider silk again someday...).

Another charm to the bank alt will become a factor when you hit Outlands. You can mail the bank alt stuff to sell on the Auction House. This isn't really a factor for my main -- as a mage, I can port to a city with an AH quite easily and then port back. Furthermore as an enchanter I tend to disenchant AH-worthy items. But my friends that play other classes swear by it.

One final consideration for your bank alt depends on whether or not you want to level up said alt. Some people recommend getting your bank alt high enough to max out the ability to disenchant (275 if I remember right). As mentioned above I'm an enchanter myself so Nodwick is all of 6th level, but my healadin buddy did this.

RE: Money in the bank. As above, I'd recommend just mailing the mount money to your bank alt -- it's simpler. But believe it or not, you can put money in the bank. Right click the cash bar (where it displays your money) and you'll find that you can create a "cash" inventory item. It's a waste of a bank slot if you ask me, but it is possible.

Indon
2007-07-10, 11:44 AM
I'm not to Vengeance yet, so I'll take your word on it. That doesn't help me with the fact that its been a waste of a talent point for the last 20 levels or so though. And as a judgement, its not all that useful either - remember the target has to be stunned for it to do more damage - otherwise it does *less* than Righteousness. And you only have one stunner, and its cooldown timer is less than stellar.

What is your weapon's speed? Command is vastly more potent when you are using a slower weapon; ideally a 3.5+ speed weapon is best.

This is because, regardless of your weapon speed, Command will go off approximately 6 times a minute (once every 10 seconds). With a 2.0 speed weapon, that's a 20% rate, meh. With a 3.8 speed weapon, it's much better.

Vaynor
2007-07-10, 12:09 PM
What is your weapon's speed? Command is vastly more potent when you are using a slower weapon; ideally a 3.5+ speed weapon is best.

This is because, regardless of your weapon speed, Command will go off approximately 6 times a minute (once every 10 seconds). With a 2.0 speed weapon, that's a 20% rate, meh. With a 3.8 speed weapon, it's much better.

QFT.

Also, Command's judgement is better than righteousness withOUT the stun. I tend to use one of my 2 stuns before command is going to end, wait for the stun to be almost done and judgement. I take less damage, interrupt spells, AND do more damage.

Indon
2007-07-10, 12:13 PM
QFT.

Also, Command's judgement is better than righteousness withOUT the stun. I tend to use one of my 2 stuns before command is going to end, wait for the stun to be almost done and judgement. I take less damage, interrupt spells, AND do more damage.

I'm pretty sure that Righteousness is better with +spell damage (that is, it has a higher coeffecient) without the stun.

As for leveling up, it probably swaps between the two based on which skill you got the newest rank for most recently.

...Eh?
2007-07-10, 12:40 PM
Edit: And I was indeed referring to sweet, sweet revenge vs. gankers.

Oh, yeah. Nothing beats killing somebody who's been waiting for you to hit low health. Seems even more important on my server, because unless you are inside a city, no matter where you are, if you're flagged, there's a NE waiting for you to use up your bloodrage. Always.

Odd thing is, it's only the night elves. Hell, once while I was flagged for some reason or another, I got to low health, and a human pally (also flagged) sat there and waited until I finished bandaging, then attacked. Is there a word for the opposite of ganking someone?

Vonriel
2007-07-10, 01:01 PM
Yeah, it's called being gentlemanly in a fight. :smalltongue:

Dib, if you're looking for someone, use the who command. I can't remember how I used to do it, but you can search by class, race, level, and parts of the name all at once. You should be able to get back in touch with the character.

Lenlalron
2007-07-10, 01:02 PM
Random question: Who here raids, and what's your experience been like?

Reinforcements
2007-07-10, 01:38 PM
Yeah, it's called being gentlemanly in a fight. :smalltongue:

Dib, if you're looking for someone, use the who command. I can't remember how I used to do it, but you can search by class, race, level, and parts of the name all at once. You should be able to get back in touch with the character.
Oh yeah, the /who command is great. You can search for anything about a character and there's no strict order, so you could do "/who night elf warrior 10-20" and find all night elf warriors between levels 10 and 20. Anything you type will search name, class, race, level, guild, and location. It does partial words, too, so if you enter "/who torm" for example, you'd find Tormskull, anyone currently in Stormwind, etc.

Lenlalron
2007-07-10, 01:44 PM
Of course, it can backfire when you're searching a guild named something like "NI" :p

Vonriel
2007-07-10, 01:47 PM
Hey, here's an interesting story, anyone have anything similar happen?

I was in the badlands, and at the time was in one of the two PvP guilds on my server, back before the battlegroup merge. Some horde from the main horde PvP guild were also in the area, and came within spitting range of where I was farming the giant rock dudes for the quest. Right after I killed it, I turn and face him/them, we saluted each other, and they went on their way. Later, as I recall, some random no-name horde comes by, sees me, and tries to gank me. The horde from the pvp guild are still nearby, and just watch as he attacks me and loses. They start to laugh at the guy who attacked me. It was much fun for all. :smallcool:

Reinforcements
2007-07-10, 01:58 PM
I used to be totally against the idea of PvP servers, until I had a great experience on one. I was an undead warlock doing my felhunter quest (level 30). Part of this quest, if you don't know, requires going into the Wetlands. So I'm on my way to the orcs I have to kill from Hammerfall in Arathi and I'm crossing the Thandol Span (big bridge between Arathi and the Wetlands). Right in the center of the bridge I run into a gnome warlock coming the other way - same level, same pet. We both stop and stare at each other for a few moments.

Now, I would have let him go because I don't care, but he attacks me. At this point it's somewhat anticlimactic because he sucks and I kill him easily, but man, it was such a perfect moment. So while I'm still not sure if PvP servers are worth the aggravation, I do now understand the draw and that there is, in fact, a reason to join a PvP server*.

*A GOOD reason I mean, and one that doesn't require either being an ******* ("I want to be able to screw over other players") or a masochist ("I like being randomly killed all the time, and if you don't you're a *****.)

shakes019
2007-07-10, 02:12 PM
I have several characters on Arthas, including a 70 Warrior (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arthas&n=Mastivor), 60 Paladin, and 40-ish Shaman, Rogue, Hunter, and Druid.

Presently I am playing a 14 gnome mage that I want to get to exalted in SW before 40. (RRQ's FTW!)

On the subject of ganking, I am on a PVP server, and I almost always play solo, and almost never PVP. If I had been sensible, I would have gone PVE when I started out, but the few people I knew playing already were on Arthas, so... That said, I have had my share of near misses with gankers, close escapes, had my 25 camped by a 70 all the way from Ashenvale to Ratchet, and the occasional fight where I stuck it out and won. Sometimes it's fun, and sometimes it's a great big Pain in the patootie.

Like when you die as soon as you land at the griffon.

Poison_Fish
2007-07-10, 02:38 PM
I raid with a small guild horde side on Cenarion Circle, thanks to content being released for smaller groups (10 man and 25 mans). Though we don't quite have enough for two karazhan groups (And thus, not enough for Gruul's lair and Mag's lair), we have been plying Kara pretty regularly. Though we are currently stuck on the Shade of Aran (Bloody 6 to 12% each time. Just need to make that extra push, slight upgrades, and so on).

Now, some of the things we do. Since we have 18 people, and raids do require some much needed elements, not everyone gets in. We have an unsual number of warlocks in our guild, and as well, a lot of DPS (And surprisingly, a huge lack of hunters). There is one shaman (me) and one paladin. Now, the necessary equation for just general Kara is a priest, but for some fights, hopefully 2 priests makes things much easier. We also usually have 2-3 tanks and 2-3 healers. One of the tanks is usually a druid, so they can switch to kitty and hurt things.

Of course, we only have something like 4 tanks in the guild, and 4 main healers as well. So, what happens most of the time is us DPS rolls off (I switch between healer and elemental as needed, since we are a caster heavy guild). This can lead to dissapointment, because, no matter how big your raid size is and how close nit your group is, when you have 8 people competing for 4-6 slots, someone is going to get left out. Now, my guild does a priority thing, if you get left out the last time, you get in the next time. Then again, we aren't a heavily serious raiding guild, more the casual side of it (IE, we don't want it to be our life, but we do want to see high end content. I'm rarely on these days).

All in all though, raiding I enjoy. We mostly make jokes while playing together and we are a very nice guild. Having a few real life friends in it is a boon to that I suppose.

shakes019
2007-07-10, 03:05 PM
Then again, we aren't a heavily serious raiding guild, more the casual side of it (IE, we don't want it to be our life, but we do want to see high end content.)
That's one of the reasons I have so many alts: I don't have the time to commit to 3 times a week from 7pm to midnight to raiding.

SilverElf4
2007-07-10, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indon

QFT.

Wow. Alright, well, here's what I can tell you.

Judgment:Outside of the stunned double damage trait on Command, Righteousness does pretty much the same damage as Command for me right now: 102-112 vs. 107-118

Seal: Command has never proc'ed more than 1-2 time a minute when I use it. That includes when I was testing it this afternoon prior to writing this (with a Monstrous War Axe, Speed 3.7sec's) Also, it has never crit'ed for me either (and yes, I have all 5 points in the crit bonus talent).

Math: If Command worked as described I would do approx 100 damage more per minute by using it. As it actually works for me, I do over 300 damage *less* per minute using it.

Ronsian
2007-07-10, 04:14 PM
I wish I could raid, don't have enough time at night to do it. I mostly just level up lots of alts (one of every character at about 20), if I could find a good group of people I would do it though. Anyway, is anyone else starting new characters on a server? If we could get over 5 people or something, I would do it.

Poison_Fish
2007-07-10, 04:51 PM
That's one of the reasons I have so many alts: I don't have the time to commit to 3 times a week from 7pm to midnight to raiding.

Hmm, the biggest commitment we've ever done was 7-10 or 8-11. Then again, my guild prides itself by being a late night west coast guild.

Still, committing to 3 hours, scheduling your gaming, so to speak, is not always an easy thing. Especially if you aren't guaranteed to get in.

MaxKaladin
2007-07-11, 10:26 AM
Odd thing is, it's only the night elves. Hell, once while I was flagged for some reason or another, I got to low health, and a human pally (also flagged) sat there and waited until I finished bandaging, then attacked. Is there a word for the opposite of ganking someone?I remember being so disgusted with a trio of paladins one time. This was back before battlegrounds came out and the area between Tarren Mill and Southshore was a near constant battleground. I was leveling in the area and I noticed a roughly 25th level undead mage running up the road surrounded by three level 60 paladins who were taunting him (/chicken /spit etc) trying to get him to flag (PVE server). It's not like he'd last more than two seconds against them but they were determined to get him to flag. What a bunch of jerks. It's stuff like that which makes me determined to never play on a PvP server (since the lowbie wouldn't have a choice to ignore them there, he'd just have to die and die and die until the jerks got bored or he just gave up and logged off that character).

Indon
2007-07-11, 11:19 AM
Math: If Command worked as described I would do approx 100 damage more per minute by using it. As it actually works for me, I do over 300 damage *less* per minute using it.

Well, if your luck's really that bad, then you're probably better off with Judgement of the Crusader/Seal of Righteousness after all.

Jimp
2007-07-11, 11:21 AM
Anyone here play on the European servers?
I started playing about a week and a half ago. I'm playing a lvl 31 undead warlock on the Auchindoun server. It's a PvP server, so it's all good :smallbiggrin:

Vonriel
2007-07-11, 11:57 PM
It's stuff like that which makes me determined to never play on a PvP server (since the lowbie wouldn't have a choice to ignore them there, he'd just have to die and die and die until the jerks got bored or he just gave up and logged off that character).

If that were a PvP server, there would've been a 60 camping out in Tarren Mill, and all the mage would've had to do was say "Hey, there're these three 60 paladins tormenting me. Help?" and I almost guarantee you his guild would've come along and started a huge war there.

I know, because a bunch of alliance from various guilds (including the two pvp ones) and a bunch of horde from various guilds waged this massive war there. We went back and forth from Southshore to Tarren Mill. I think it all started because one high level horde was tormenting lowbies at the gryphon master. :smallamused: For the record, these types of things are awesome.

MaxKaladin
2007-07-12, 10:05 AM
If that were a PvP server, there would've been a 60 camping out in Tarren Mill, and all the mage would've had to do was say "Hey, there're these three 60 paladins tormenting me. Help?" and I almost guarantee you his guild would've come along and started a huge war there.

I know, because a bunch of alliance from various guilds (including the two pvp ones) and a bunch of horde from various guilds waged this massive war there. We went back and forth from Southshore to Tarren Mill. I think it all started because one high level horde was tormenting lowbies at the gryphon master. :smallamused: For the record, these types of things are awesome.There was a big war like that going on a the time, actually. There was no shortage of flagged targets their own level (and they were flagged themselves). These jerks were just looking for someone who couldn't fight back. I suspect they'd just gotten their butts handed to them at Tarren Mill and were looking for a softer target. That or I suppose it's possible they just objected to someone having the gall to try to level up instead of joining in some big war where most of the participants were 20-30 levels higher and could crush him like a bug.

In fact, my only real experience actually participating in PvP is being that high level rescuer. When I reached about 58-59, I was off doing something that took me through Ashenvale when I noticed the local defense going off. I ended up riding into town and discovered there were three 50+ undead rogues sneaking into town killing the flight master and all the quest NPCs so the lowbies couldn't get and turn in quests. I hung around for a while protecting the quest NPCs until they got bored and/or frustrated and left. (As my rogue-playing friend said, "you hunters and your d*** flares and hunters marks") The lowbies were sure happy with me. :)

I suppose that's my problem with PvP in general. There's too many people who get their jollies from making people miserable and aren't interested in an actual challenge. They run around ganking lowbies or killing quest givers in lowbie zones or something like that instead of searching out opponents their own level. I'm sure PvP can be fun when fighting people near your level, but putting up with 50+ levels of getting ganked isn't worth it to me.

Tormsskull
2007-07-12, 10:18 AM
I'm sure PvP can be fun when fighting people near your level, but putting up with 50+ levels of getting ganked isn't worth it to me.

To each their own. I enjoy knowing that anytime I'm in a contested area I could get jumped at any time. I think it is fun trying to escape. Many times people have this idea in their head that if they are attacked their only options are dieing or killing their attacker. Each ot the classes have different ways to simply get away from their attacker.

Of course, this doesn't hold water when your attackers is 20+ levels higher than you, but I like PVP better than the alternative. I always hated in PVE when allys (I was horde) would walk up to me and /spit and such.

MaxKaladin
2007-07-12, 12:24 PM
To each their own. I enjoy knowing that anytime I'm in a contested area I could get jumped at any time. I think it is fun trying to escape. Many times people have this idea in their head that if they are attacked their only options are dieing or killing their attacker. Each ot the classes have different ways to simply get away from their attacker.

Of course, this doesn't hold water when your attackers is 20+ levels higher than you, but I like PVP better than the alternative. I always hated in PVE when allys (I was horde) would walk up to me and /spit and such.I don't have a problem with running away if I'm outmatched but, as you say, that's not really an option when the opponent is 20+ levels higher than you are. Even then, it wouldn't be so bad if the jerk didn't insist on standing around camping your corpse and killing you over and over and over until you just don't come back.

All that /spit stuff is easy for me to ignore. What has been bothering me far more lately is the string of flagged horde at least 10 levels above me (as shown by the skull in the spot where you normally see level) who run up when you're fighting something and try to either stand on top of you or on top of your target hoping you'll accidentally do something to attack them and thus flag yourself so they can kill you. The worst one was the tauren jerk on an epic kodo. Those things are huge. Luckily I do pretty much everything attack-wise with the keyboard and it doesn't work but it's still annoying. If I'm not flagged, I don't want to PvP. What's the point in trying to make me aside from being a jerk? Why not go find someone your own level at least?

This isn't to say jerks are all on one side. I've played horde characters a few times. The first time ever, I made an orc and zoned into the newbie zone for the first time. Know what I saw? A dead quest giver a few paces in front of me and a flagged night elf on a mount next to him.

Vonriel
2007-07-12, 04:33 PM
It could also just be the server. You may wanna try moving to one of the servers classified as "new", so that you're building up at the same rate as everyone else, and have the time to level that others would have been spending raiding for gear/money.

trollhammeren
2007-07-12, 04:49 PM
Ive always found that allys are worse for newb killing than horde. I once got ganked 5 times at least by some night elf in the valley of trials, the only reason it stopped was that i left. The guy kept on attacking me on sight too. Hed be fighting some other guy, see me, run over and kill me.

Vonriel
2007-07-12, 04:59 PM
Uhh, valley of trials? Don't get flagged, then. Even on pvp servers, you aren't flagged in territories your faction controls, which are always the starting areas with the main cities in them, and the area where you're supposed to go just after that. If you do find yourself flagged in them, just sit down as a ghost, go make yourself a sammich or something, and after 5 minutes your pvp mark goes away and you can continue.

trollhammeren
2007-07-13, 07:44 AM
Thats just it though, i dont know how i got flagged in the first place. Damn pvpers being tools.

SilverElf4
2007-07-13, 08:51 AM
I thought on PvP you were always "flagged" and that the only difference about faction controlled areas was that the NPC's will attack you on sight in those areas.

Indon
2007-07-13, 09:09 AM
I thought on PvP you were always "flagged" and that the only difference about faction controlled areas was that the NPC's will attack you on sight in those areas.

No, you aren't PvP flagged in your own areas, unless you PvP-flag yourself by:

-Attacking a player or NPC who is PvP flagged.
-Healing or buffing a player who is PvP flagged.
-Healing or buffing an NPC who is PvP flagged while in combat.

Dib
2007-07-13, 09:13 AM
Don't suppose anyone knows why my lvl 10 Undead Warlock who has Mining can't take Blacksmithing?? cheers :smallbiggrin:

Reinforcements
2007-07-13, 09:42 AM
Don't suppose anyone knows why my lvl 10 Undead Warlock who has Mining can't take Blacksmithing?? cheers :smallbiggrin:
The only reason you couldn't take a profession is if you already have two professions (first aid, cooking, and fishing don't count). Either that or you're just talking to the wrong NPC.

Leon
2007-07-13, 10:40 AM
unless you PvP-flag

Haha, reminded me of a Hunter i saw today, wanted to follow my mage around Tanaris for saftey as they were flagged. i said sure you can follow me - just dont expect me to save you from a gank

Dib
2007-07-13, 11:08 AM
Either that or you're just talking to the wrong NPC.

erm... yeah... my bad...

On a more serious note; Is it weird to have a crush on another player?

lumberofdabeast
2007-07-13, 11:15 AM
erm... yeah... my bad...

On a more serious note; Is it weird to have a crush on another player?

I was trying the game out at a friend's, and I was on the Deeprun Tram or whatever it's called. About halfway across, I noticed some rather... interesting messages, and saw a Night Elf and a Human, both as naked as it's possible to get in WoW.

I'd say you're normal, compared to them.

Ronsian
2007-07-13, 11:49 AM
Yeah... That's "Roleplaying". Five dollars says the females a male in RL. Anyway, what are two good classes to level up very easily? A friend and I might start soon, but won't have alot of time, so want to level up fast.

Dib
2007-07-13, 12:14 PM
Well their characters a guy... but the first time we spoke (when we just started our characters) she said "by the way, I'm actually a girl,"

And we always seem to form a little two person party (nothing special their though)... and she blows me kisses... its weird... and yes, there is the possibility she is a guy... But I dunno...

oh, and as for two good characters to level up fast, Hunter is great... not sure about another, I've only played Hunter and Warlock... Warlock's alright, but feels sluggish... and I've seen someone play a warrior, which takes eons!!

EDIT: On the note of characters getting as naked as possible, there were two hot Nelf gals in Auberdine during a Horde raid wearing nothing (apart from the bikini/underwear/thing) just following the Horde guys and dancing near them...

Poison_Fish
2007-07-13, 12:36 PM
Hunter and Warlock are actually the quickest classes to level up (not to mention that the warlocks day is still going strong, as they are currently have the most synergy and damage capable class end game, along with loads of other talents). Literally, XP grows in trees for both classes. Hunter it takes until you get a pet, Warlock it takes until you get your void walker. After that, you should be able to manage multiple creatures of all types.

Some of the slower classes I found: Paladin is very slow, but can be ultimately worth it. Holy is really good for healing, especially in arena. Priests are another good one, but your going to have to go shadow to actually level by yourself. Warriors I've found to be pretty quick, as their pretty much unstoppable on regular quests as long as their health is up, same goes for rogues. The answer to that? Alchemy, band aids, and food. It cuts your down time immensely.

Indon
2007-07-13, 02:03 PM
Haha, reminded me of a Hunter i saw today, wanted to follow my mage around Tanaris for saftey as they were flagged. i said sure you can follow me - just dont expect me to save you from a gank

Sometimes that's all it takes. "Man, there's like a level 70 with that Alliance! I'm gettin' out of here!"

neriana
2007-07-13, 03:19 PM
Yeah... That's "Roleplaying". Five dollars says the females a male in RL.
Only a very small percentage of people on RP servers do this, and the vast majority of them hang out in Goldshire and the Deeprun Tram. The people who actually roleplay and play the game make fun of them. I have yet to see it happen at all Horde side, and that's where I spend most of my time.

Oh, and I'm a girl, as are half the people in my fully RP guild, some of whom play male characters. And some of the male players play female characters. Big deal.

Poison_Fish -- My discipline priest, solo'd except for dungeons and group quests, is now level 42, and she's not my main. I expect to speed up with her once I get reflective shield. Every spec of every class is easy to level in WoW; some are just faster than others. It's important to play whatever class you enjoy, and spec what's fun for you.

Also, Alliance attacks lowbie areas way more than Horde does, at least on non-PvP servers. We would have fewer local defense messages if we got a message that informed us that Crossroads was, for once, NOT under attack.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-13, 04:29 PM
Goldshire and the Tram only, ehh? Most of mine have been away from either of those places. One time, a mage was grinding nearby, and we ended up making a party...fun stuff, we RP'd as we grinded our way into the Noxious Glade (This was in Eastern Plaguelands), and a good time was had by all.

And Now;A short sketch.
-------
My brain:come on...say it...it's you duty.
Me:"But I've defended the drops there for so long."
But you just discovered quests, didn't you? 10,000 XP and 3g says something.
"Fine. I'll say it."

*short breath*

"Outlands greens are better. There."
-------

At first, I was comparing Azeroth blues to random drop greens, such as *blank* of the *blank*, and saw them about equal...until I discovered quests.

Check my Armory profile for more on this radical change in thought.

trollhammeren
2007-07-13, 04:29 PM
to level up fast, Hunter is great

Hunter = easy mode.

SilverElf4
2007-07-13, 09:06 PM
No, you aren't PvP flagged in your own areas, unless you PvP-flag yourself by:

-Attacking a player or NPC who is PvP flagged.
-Healing or buffing a player who is PvP flagged.
-Healing or buffing an NPC who is PvP flagged while in combat.

Ah, learn something new everyday.

RP Servers: I've found that the higher you level on these, the more likely you are to get a good RP experience or guild. The first 10 levels or so are morons spamming and taunting, after that its gets better.

Fastest to Level: I always thought the Mage was the fastest to level, since they have built in healing and mana regen (summon food and drink), crowd control, a very high DPS, and escape options (blink, poly).

...Eh?
2007-07-13, 09:13 PM
I really, really hate leveling at this point. I have no quests I want to do, no instances I haven't already looted to hell and back, and nothing I want to grind. But I still need to push those last two levels and make it to 40...I can only imagine what it's like at 60.

Also, Mons, I've been carrying around a bottle of seomthing since I got to STV. Guess what it is. :smallwink:

Vonriel
2007-07-13, 09:14 PM
The only problem with mages is that they are the epitome of squishy in the Warcraft World. Pair them with a mage (for shield) or warrior (for tankiness) and they're not nearly so squishy, but accidents still happen. Though, I maintain that mages are the best twink-busting classes around. You'd be surprised at how quickly they learn to take you down first when you show them you're not afraid of their waaay too high armor and hitpoints. :smalltongue:

Edit: For Eh?, you've already looted everything you can from SM? I'm impressed. Some of the drops there are crazy rare. Just content yourself to help others through it, and you'll make enough in greens and cash to make it worthwhile, I think. Plus, it's always fun hoping for a tabard from the squishy guys at the end of the armory.

...Eh?
2007-07-13, 09:22 PM
Edit: For Eh?, you've already looted everything you can from SM? I'm impressed. Some of the drops there are crazy rare. Just content yourself to help others through it, and you'll make enough in greens and cash to make it worthwhile, I think. Plus, it's always fun hoping for a tabard from the squishy guys at the end of the armory.

Well, I never got Archon's Chestpeice, but otherwise, I've grabbed all the blues I know about. Working on getting the Scarlet set might be fun, though.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-13, 11:43 PM
I've been carrying around a bottle of seomthing since I got to STV. Guess what it is. :smallwink:

Hmm.

Beer? That stam buff...no, I must be forgetting something.

Anyway, try to make it to 40. Plate armor wins.

Also, I agree with Vonriel on SM...Graveyard has a few rare spawns that drop amazing stuff. Such as Morbid Dawn. Having full Scarlet just because is nice, though.

...Eh?
2007-07-14, 10:00 AM
Hmm.

Beer? That stam buff...no, I must be forgetting something.

Anyway, try to make it to 40. Plate armor wins.

Also, I agree with Vonriel on SM...Graveyard has a few rare spawns that drop amazing stuff. Such as Morbid Dawn. Having full Scarlet just because is nice, though.

Troll Sweat. <_<

Also, later today I think I'll do SM until I can level, or at least say I've got all the blues.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-14, 10:26 AM
Troll Sweat. <_<

Also, later today I think I'll do SM until I can level, or at least say I've got all the blues.

Ohhhh....Now I get it.

I used to carry one bottle of that around for luck. By the way, in a few levels, you might want to switch to two-handed swords, because you have the ability to get an epic, that's right, EPIC 2h sword from Zul'farrak. Although you can just dual-wield the swords used to make it...

Also, I did Strath last night. The Baron is hard, yeah (And it dropped all cloth, no Lightforge, no epic mount...blarg. Happy priest, though.) but the Baroness is more evil. We had a 70 mage with us and she kept possessing him. I have never been more appreciative of Bubble before.

...Eh?
2007-07-14, 10:37 AM
Ohhhh....Now I get it.

I used to carry one bottle of that around for luck. By the way, in a few levels, you might want to switch to two-handed swords, because you have the ability to get an epic, that's right, EPIC 2h sword from Zul'farrak. Although you can just dual-wield the swords used to make it...

Also, I did Strath last night. The Baron is hard, yeah (And it dropped all cloth, no Lightforge, no epic mount...blarg. Happy priest, though.) but the Baroness is more evil. We had a 70 mage with us and she kept possessing him. I have never been more appreciative of Bubble before.

Odd you should mention the protector and deflector, since while I tried to type out my alst post, I went to look up the loot list for SM. I never got there, but I do know every instance drops I'm going to farm for over the next twenty levels, as well as all sorts of weird stuff on swords like Corrupted Ashbringer. :smallconfused: But there is no way in hell that I'm training 2h swords from the ground up. At level 50 (the minimum for Sul'Thraze) I'd ahve to train from 1 to 250 skill. Not happening, not when I can dual-weild two halves of it without any extra work.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-07-14, 11:25 AM
Ah, training weapons isn't hard. Just go to a friendly starter area and slaughter wildlife level 1-2 wildlife. Or Defias, whatever. Takes less time than an appropriately-leveled drop quest, most of the time.

I'm working on SM myself. Been through all four (yes, I went to Graveyard), finished the quests up, and now I'm debating whether to do a couple more run throughs for the rest of the Scarlet set. I'm going to stop using Mail in about 3 levels, but it's still a good set, and there's other fun loot to be had.

SilverElf4
2007-07-14, 12:44 PM
Hmmm, well, since its seeming more and more like I know less than I should (based on the fact that the only blue I'm wearing is rings) any ideas of what I should be doing? 43 Paladin (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Kohen)

Training weapons is very easy, at higher levels each swing gets you another skill point. Unbuff strength/dps stuff, have a mage cast arcane intellect on you, and go pick on a mob around 10 levels lower than you. Heal or potion as necessary to keep the fight going on as long as possible.

Poison_Fish
2007-07-14, 12:50 PM
If you want to check out what loot you can get in instances, look up the mod Atlas loot. It provides a map and a list of what each boss drops from an instance.

On the note of a disc priest for leveling vs. a shadow. Early on, it's somewhat easier to level, but once you hit about 40+, the spec starts showing to make it's difference, as certain abilities manifest that make things much quicker. Take Shadow form + vampiric embrace for a shadow priest. Or how dual wielding enhance for shamans will go faster then a shield + mace if your resto (Or how elemental isn't all that viable until level 50, since there isn't much mail gear to support it until later in the game).

Now, that doesn't mean it can't be done. I've seen people who've leveled up their priest staying as holy forever(which is frightening to me). The real point is choosing what you want to do for fun. In my case, my goal is just to get my priest alt higher(I despise the barrens and most of the starter zones. Once I can get into Strangle Thorn, Feralas, Tanaris, and so on, I'm much happier).

...Eh?
2007-07-14, 02:26 PM
I'm really starting to think I should be screwing people over in instances.

I was getting ready to do SM Armory about an hour ago, but since we didn't have anybody by myself and this rogue, I decided I'd help him farm the graveyard for the Torturing Poker. Well, the dagger didn;t drop, but we decided we'd keep going for the hell of it. Well, I won the roll for a chest, so I opened it up, and, suprise! There's a Zealot's Blade, sitting right there in front of me. Now, we decided to both roll greed (I figured he wanted it for the same reason I did, to sell it for piles of cash) and he won.

Now, this sword is fairly low DPS for this level 37 rogue, but he equps it anyway. Now, at this point I'm a bit confused. Not only were we farming a dagger with better DPS than this weapon, but before going in, we had been talking about a quest reward sword that he had specifically said he was getting after we had run SM that had better DPS than either the dagger or the Zealot Blade.

It makes me a sad panda, it does.

Dib
2007-07-14, 03:40 PM
Here's a quick question... when and how do Warlocks get different Minions? I want a succubus... not the weird Imp that dies all the time! Or am I stuck with it?

...Eh?
2007-07-14, 04:50 PM
Here's a quick question... when and how do Warlocks get different Minions? I want a succubus... not the weird Imp that dies all the time! Or am I stuck with it?

First off, from my limited knowledge of it;s abilities, you do NOT want a succubus, under any circumastance. Two of it's abilities do nothing put push aggro onto the warlock (who, if you haven't noticed yet, is very, very squishy) one is just a lame attack+, and then it has ONE useful ability, the crowd control move Seduce, although that means your own personal demon-slut is doing nothing but keeping that one mob locked in place.

Anyways, you get more minions from a class-specific quest. The Voidwalker quest is level 10, the succubus is level 20, not sure about anything past that point. I think there's something you can get from your talent tree at level 30.

Sage in the Playground
2007-07-14, 04:57 PM
First off, from my limited knowledge of it;s abilities, you do NOT want a succubus, under any circumastance. Two of it's abilities do nothing put push aggro onto the warlock (who, if you haven't noticed yet, is very, very squishy) one is just a lame attack+, and then it has ONE useful ability, the crowd control move Seduce, although that means your own personal demon-slut is doing nothing but keeping that one mob locked in place.

Anyways, you get more minions from a class-specific quest. The Voidwalker quest is level 10, the succubus is level 20, not sure about anything past that point. I think there's something you can get from your talent tree at level 30.

Felhunter at 30. (Untalented)

At 50 you get the Felguard (Talented)

At 50 you get Infernal (Class Quest) Requires ritua, reagent and Enslave Demon

At 60 you get Doomguard (Class Quest) Requires ritua, reagent and Enslave Demon

Lemur
2007-07-14, 05:12 PM
You get quests for each of your demon summons. Voidwalker at 10, Succubus at 20, Felhunter at 30. Infernal and Doomguard aren't true pets, but demon mobs that you can summon, and control only temporarily. Felguard is obtained at the end of the Demonology talent tree.

The imp is actually a decent pet, since you don't need a soul shard to summon it, so resummoning it over and over after death isn't as much of a bother. The voidwalker is good for solo PvE, since it acts as a tank for the warlock (similar to the role that a hunter's pet plays, although hunter pets are better at it due to having higher damage).

For the succubus, don't even bother training up Soothing Kiss. Even if you have it, it should be turned off autocast at all times. The succubus is mainly a good pet for certain PvP styles, and can be useful in group situations, to crowd control elite mobs. It's far from useless, but you have to know how to use it, and requires a bit more micromanagement.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-14, 08:35 PM
I'm really starting to think I should be screwing people over in instances.

I was getting ready to do SM Armory about an hour ago, but since we didn't have anybody by myself and this rogue, I decided I'd help him farm the graveyard for the Torturing Poker. Well, the dagger didn;t drop, but we decided we'd keep going for the hell of it. Well, I won the roll for a chest, so I opened it up, and, suprise! There's a Zealot's Blade, sitting right there in front of me. Now, we decided to both roll greed (I figured he wanted it for the same reason I did, to sell it for piles of cash) and he won.

Now, this sword is fairly low DPS for this level 37 rogue, but he equps it anyway. Now, at this point I'm a bit confused. Not only were we farming a dagger with better DPS than this weapon, but before going in, we had been talking about a quest reward sword that he had specifically said he was getting after we had run SM that had better DPS than either the dagger or the Zealot Blade.

It makes me a sad panda, it does.

Thing is about the Zealot Blade, it has a proc that imitates one of the most powerful enchants in the game-Crusader. That heals on proc and adds 100 strength for I think...15 seconds? If he's a smart PvPer (Only way he'd equip the Zealot blade), then he'll go with something that would otherwise cost him somewhere in the realm of 100 gold.

Vonriel
2007-07-14, 10:57 PM
...Eh?:
Read what Siggy said, I think that's exactly why he did it. Since he's level 37, there's a good possibility that he'll wind up PvPing in the 30-39 bracket. Just don't wind up being that one person that no one wants to group with, because I've actually kicked the ninja/a-hole out of the group and watched him have to waste a hearth. Not a very productive way of running instances.

Silverelf:
Ahh, a paladin. Don't worry too much about having greens at your level, as green plate is usually better than blue mail at that point. I don't remember what levels SM are usually run at, because it has been a while, but I believe the boss of Armory has a chance to drop plate shoulders, which are pretty nice, and better than what you have right now. (Edit:) Also, since you're ret, drop the axe/shield and get yourself Mograine's Might if you do wind up going back for the shoulders. That's a very nice 2her, as I recall.

On warlocks, succubi are amazingly useful in instances, but like all pets, only if you keep it on passive. Take soothing kiss off autocast, and it can both deal nice damage (for taking out annoying bosses) or seduction any adds (something that can prevent a wipe) Actually, the voidwalker is the worst (to my knowledge) instance demon, because it winds up fighting the tank for aggro, and that can be really, really bad.

SmartAlec
2007-07-15, 12:52 AM
Seal: Command has never proc'ed more than 1-2 time a minute when I use it. That includes when I was testing it this afternoon prior to writing this (with a Monstrous War Axe, Speed 3.7sec's) Also, it has never crit'ed for me either (and yes, I have all 5 points in the crit bonus talent).

Despite being a Holy spell, Seal of Casino - er, Command - uses your melee crit rating, not your spell crit rating, to determine if it crits or not.

Making it suitable for Vengeance-using Retridins, but less so for Holy Spelladins. If you're Holy, you're probably better off putting points into Improved Seal of Righteousness.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Seal_of_Command

Vaynor
2007-07-15, 02:00 AM
Training weapons is very easy, at higher levels each swing gets you another skill point. Unbuff strength/dps stuff, have a mage cast arcane intellect on you, and go pick on a mob around 10 levels lower than you. Heal or potion as necessary to keep the fight going on as long as possible.

Intellect doesn't do that anymore.

Cryopyre
2007-07-15, 03:44 AM
Any Anub'Arak sever players here?

...Eh?
2007-07-15, 09:51 AM
Thing is about the Zealot Blade, it has a proc that imitates one of the most powerful enchants in the game-Crusader. That heals on proc and adds 100 strength for I think...15 seconds? If he's a smart PvPer (Only way he'd equip the Zealot blade), then he'll go with something that would otherwise cost him somewhere in the realm of 100 gold.

Are we talking about the same sword? (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13033#00Rz)

Also, there's a guy on our servers who offers enchants for 1g (Pre-BCs) of 5g (After BC). I'm only just now getting weapons I think I'll be using for a while (Vanquisher's Blade in my main hand, Sword of Omen in the offhand) so next time he pops up, I'll send him a tell.

SilverElf4
2007-07-15, 03:07 PM
Despite being a Holy spell, Seal of Casino - er, Command - uses your melee crit rating, not your spell crit rating, to determine if it crits or not.

Making it suitable for Vengeance-using Retridins, but less so for Holy Spelladins. If you're Holy, you're probably better off putting points into Improved Seal of Righteousness.

Welp, I'm not really specc'd holy. I started out that direction (playing mostly with two friends, mage and warrior, making me the healer), but have since mostly been soloing, so I switched to retrib. My crit rating is a little over 11%. I did get it to crit once when I was timing it a few days ago. But when it only procs twice a minute, getting it to proc *and* crit gets interesting.

I don't remember what levels SM are usually run at, because it has been a while, but I believe the boss of Armory has a chance to drop plate shoulders, which are pretty nice, and better than what you have right now.

From what you and others have said, sounds like I need to make a few runs up to SM. Ten Ton Hammer recommends SM for levels 35-43.

Intellect doesn't do that anymore.

Dang, when did they get rid of that?

...Eh?
2007-07-15, 06:32 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j278/Joe_Black485/warcrack6.jpg

Proof this game hates me. And that I did not loot SM as thoroughly as I had previously thought.

Also, earlier today, I had the most epic BG ever. WSG, the score was 2-2, both teams had the other's flag. The alliance had two or three twinks (well, either that, or they were very good at what they do. I'll look them up in the armory later) and we had nothing. So, they had most of their people (almost all of whom could heal) on defense, and we had most of ours on offense, so we were at a bit of a stalemate. Now, this thing had dragged on for over an hour, so everyone was getting bored, the alliance was still throwing small gorups of people at us (I had the flag) and we kept zerging them, more or less without any kind of order. Well, four healers+twinks+flag=immunity to anything short of everyone hitting them at once, and two or three person groups against myself, a lock and a healer=immunity to anything unless the allies actually got off of their roof and fought.

Anyways, we were bored with this stalemate, so I told everyone this was going nowhere, and that we needed to rush them all at once. Well, I ran out onto the feild, and ended up leading the entire group into Silverwing Outpost, killing everyone on the way, putting any alliance who were still out and about back at the graveyard. Well, we came up onto the roof, found ntohing, so every jumped down, and the alliance started coming out of everywhere, stealth, the tunnel, the graveyard...well, everyone in the entire BG, squished into that tiny room...best fight ever.

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-15, 06:35 PM
I saw this thread AS I WAS DOWNLOADING THE GAME. That is a coincidence to remember

The Glyphstone
2007-07-15, 06:42 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what the point of the Doomguard is? A beastly pet maybe - but it takes 5 people to summon, KILLS one of them outright - maybe you - and still has to be enslaved. Is it really worth that?

Oh - and you think the 10 is bad :smallbiggrin: ? Yesterday morning I was in Netherwing Mines with a priest, and we found a Nether Egg....I rolled a 7, it beat his 1. :) Worst. Rolls. Ever.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-15, 07:57 PM
Are we talking about the same sword? (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13033#00Rz)

*facepalm*

For some reason, I confused it with [Arcanite Champion]. (http://www.thottbot.com/i12790)

...Eh?
2007-07-15, 08:02 PM
I saw this thread AS I WAS DOWNLOADING THE GAME. That is a coincidence to remember

Siggy did the same thing to me on a different board, just after someone else did on yet another board. So there.

And if, for whatever, the champion dropped in an SM Graveyard chest, the other guy doesn't matter half as much as the profits THAT would draw.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-15, 08:26 PM
Siggy did the same thing to me on a different board, just after someone else did on yet another board. So there.

And if, for whatever, the champion dropped in an SM Graveyard chest, the other guy doesn't matter half as much as the profits THAT would draw.

Indeed. Though, if you're a blacksmith and the plans to it dropped, you'd have a right to roll need and the whole thing would've ended right then and there.

Also, /e is angry. My internet shuts off 5 minutes after loggin on WoW, but I use the regular internet no problem...so when I'm on, my guild is instancing and I'm not there to heal them...

The topper:Lightforge Helm dropped for them. It was DE'd.

/cry

EDIT:Mr. Moogle, if you will, please make an Alliance character on Moon Guard when bored. It'd be nice to have a playgrounder or two around.

Also, a second conundrum has faced me. Should I progress to 60 and see the rest of outlands right away, or...take advantage of my being in the top of my PvP bracket so I can get the blue (Or if I have enough time epic) level 60 PvP gear?

The Glyphstone
2007-07-15, 08:33 PM
Go to Outlands. The green quest reward items are better than most blue pre-60's. The drops in Hellfire Citadel are on par or better with Molten Core loot, reportedly.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-15, 08:37 PM
Go to Outlands. The green quest reward items are better than most blue pre-60's. The drops in Hellfire Citadel are on par or better with Molten Core loot, reportedly.

Look a couple pages back for the Armory link, I already have Outlands greens and one Outlands blue. Thing is, the PvP gear looks amazing. I've seen Outlands epics and the Tempest Keep Legendary stuff, and they should just put the disclaimer "THIS WAS A GM ITEM BEFORE WE NERFED IT A BIT AND GAVE IT TO PLAYERS" on it.

EDIT:Also, no matter what, I'm going for full Lightforge just because. Plus the stats aren't that bad, decent all-around stuff.

Vaynor
2007-07-16, 01:43 AM
Can anyone tell me exactly what the point of the Doomguard is? A beastly pet maybe - but it takes 5 people to summon, KILLS one of them outright - maybe you - and still has to be enslaved. Is it really worth that?

Raids. Res the guy that died and use it on the boss.

Vonriel
2007-07-16, 01:53 AM
Or you can be a total prick and summon one into, say, the Stormwind AH and watch as it kills people. (I was online when quite possibly the worst leader/most annoying person in general did this.. he was alliance.)

Leon
2007-07-16, 10:05 AM
Oh - and you think the 10 is bad :smallbiggrin: ? Yesterday morning I was in Netherwing Mines with a priest, and we found a Nether Egg....I rolled a 7, it beat his 1. :) Worst. Rolls. Ever.

I won the Runeblade of Baron Riverdare with a 7 on my Warrior over the Hunters 1

Dragor
2007-07-16, 12:19 PM
I'm about to create a character on Shattered Halls. I know you're playing Alliance, but.... I really want to play a Troll. I've had it up to here *stretches hands to the sky* with the Alliance. I need to unleash some Troll fury with the Horde.

Indon
2007-07-16, 12:52 PM
I'm about to create a character on Shattered Halls. I know you're playing Alliance, but.... I really want to play a Troll. I've had it up to here *stretches hands to the sky* with the Alliance. I need to unleash some Troll fury with the Horde.

Trolls are, indeed, awesome.

Regarding the Doomguard... it's really not very good. If you're a demonologist with Demonic Sacrifice, _then_ you can enslave a demon and have your Demonic Sacrifice buff up at the same time, but aside from that, your standard pets are probably going to be better for most things, and don't have nearly the hassle. Even the Infernal is used mostly as a stun during summoning and an attention-grabber in PvP.

SilverElf4
2007-07-16, 01:20 PM

Honestly, I have too. I was hoping we would do Horde myself. All in favor of making the GiTP guild a Horde guild say "aye!"

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-16, 01:30 PM
Aye! Sorta!

I'm distinctly more loyal to the Alliance after looking around Honor Hold. You never really see just how awesome it is behind the idiots, but Outlands is mostly idiot-free.

Still, if it's Horde, then I'll just be a Blood Elf Paladin. Nothing against the Horde proper, they're nice guys, I just like being a Pally. If I come on at all. One level till I have to commence faming for epic mount money, dontchaknow.

Indon
2007-07-16, 01:32 PM
Honestly, I have too. I was hoping we would do Horde myself. All in favor of making the GiTP guild a Horde guild say "aye!"

Aye, but unless you started it on an RP or RP-PvP server (preferably Emerald Dream, the server I presently play on), I'd be unlikely to join with more than a token alt. :(

Dragor
2007-07-16, 01:34 PM
Right, Obadhi, Troll Hunter, is active and ready for GiTP service on the Shattered Halls server. I'm at Senjin Village now.... its fun. I've never played a Hunter before, so the whole 'I can attack from distances' jazz is still taking a while to get used to. :smalltongue:

SilverElf4
2007-07-16, 03:28 PM
Aye, but unless you started it on an RP or RP-PvP server (preferably Emerald Dream, the server I presently play on), I'd be unlikely to join with more than a token alt. :(

Shattered Halls is a PvP server. When I get clear this evening I'll start a character and start putting together guild money.

So looks like so far we have:

Troll Hunter (Dragor)
BE Paladin (Siggy)
??? ??? (SilverElf4)

Guess I'm playing a healer, lol. How long would it take to run a Druid over from the Tauren lands...

Vonriel
2007-07-16, 03:31 PM
Nah, don't play like that. You'll regret it. Play what you want to, and hopefully you'll find someone along the way who wants to play the healer. (No one said it had to be an all-gitp guild, there are plenty of awesome people around in-game to bring into the fold as well. Just leave the "One of us" chanting until after you introduce them to the boards :smallamused: )

Indon
2007-07-16, 03:33 PM
Nah, don't play like that. You'll regret it. Play what you want to, and hopefully you'll find someone along the way who wants to play the healer.

Plus, instances are _way_ more interesting without a healer. :D

SilverElf4
2007-07-16, 03:35 PM
Ah, I've been wanting to play one. I have a 13 Undead Priest alt on my main server that I've had alot of fun with and Druids are neat too. (see above edit in my post). I've just not had one really in a group situation to learn the ins and outs of healing and this might be a good opportunity to do that.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-16, 04:32 PM
That leaves me as tank, I suppose. Blood Elves look like idiots while fighting with a shield...so maybe not. Either way, only expect me to come on when I've got my main's epic mount

Dragor
2007-07-16, 05:13 PM
Well, glad to know we've got some Horde comin' along. :smallsmile: If anyone is up for funding a guild/guild + tabard, that would be sweet.

Ronsian
2007-07-16, 05:30 PM
I'm in, what server and who is everyone? I might be a hunter or Druid, or maybe Warrior.

Dragor
2007-07-16, 06:05 PM
I'm in, what server and who is everyone? I might be a hunter or Druid, or maybe Warrior.

Shattered Halls, PVP Europe.

I'm playing a Troll Hunter, Obadhi (pronounced Oh-Bard-Hee, not O-Bad-Hi! :smalltongue: ), a possible Blood Elf Paladin from Siggy and a possible healer on the cards from Silver Elf. That's all so far.

If we make a guild, can I be guild leader? :smallwink:

Must think of a name....

Horde in the Playground? (A bit unoriginal but we may pick up some OOTS readers on our travels, equalling more members :smallsmile: )

Kraggi
2007-07-16, 06:10 PM
Europe? Bummer, I'd go for it if it was US, sorry.

...Eh?
2007-07-16, 06:21 PM
I have this weird urge to play a hunter now...

Also, half a level to 40, woo!

SilverElf4
2007-07-16, 06:46 PM
Europe? Uh oh, I think I'm on Shattered Halls, USA... I'll have to check that out...

I like Horde in the Playground for a guild name, and I don't care who leads it!

ETA: Uh, yeah, Houston, we have a problem! I'm on the US version of Shattered Halls.

Kraggi
2007-07-16, 07:03 PM
I'll join you there, if you tell me what name your dude's name.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-16, 08:27 PM
*hits panic button repeatedly*

Well, just a few minutes ago, the guild was having a discussion about its future, I suggested we raid on occasion (A sentiment seconded), but while talking about it, some of the officers got the wrong idea, thought that I wanted it to become a non-stop raiding guild (I don't and I'll never enter one of those), somebody said "Well siggy, perhaps this guild isn't the right kind for you", and before I could respond...my internet crashed. Just went out. I'm at a local cafe, attempted to log on, but the preloader just...sat there. The bar was full, the music was still playing...and it just sat there. I might be kicked from possibly the best guild ever due to sheer misfortune.

Damn, I feel bad now.

EDIT:Agh. I play on US as well...looks like no Horde in the Playground for me...perhaps a US branch of it?

...Eh?
2007-07-16, 09:45 PM
Ding, 40. Hell yes.

TheEmerged
2007-07-16, 10:18 PM
Ding, 40. Hell yes.

Grats! Now you get to start saving up for 150 Riding skill :P

My "cliche" alt (Draenei Shaman Jewelcrafter) hit 37. I really should start the Desolace stage of his leveling but there's a cave in Arathi I want to mine the everliving daylight out of first. I also need to buckle down and level his fishing, it's embarrasing to leave all those pools I was finding alone...

My main has had a couple of good instance PUGs lately. I now have the Arc key, but my gear isn't quite up to that instance yet. Now if I could just get some help with all the World Group(5) quests in my log.

RE: Strat. My personal favorite old-world instance, which I've run well over 70 times (mostly for Argent Dawn rep). No, I've never seen the Baron's Mount drop. There is a NICE trinket quest chain out of there (well, nice for bashing undead anyway) that should only require 2 runs if you do it right. That is, you can get your 20th quest drop and the data in the same run.

The Baron may seem rough the first few times you kill him, but the strategy isn't that rough. Stay out of the center of the room, have someone with good AE killing the skeletons that spawn (high-Frost mage with Blizzard works well here), and if you've got the Shadow Resistance use/equip it. I agree that the Baroness is actually a tougher fight most of the time. I ran some people through it once and she possessed me twice during the fight :smallredface:

BTW, be sure to run Strat's "live side" at least once. The final boss there is fun if you're familiar with the RP side of the game. I seem to recall the quest chain that runs through Live side (kill Live's endboss) into Dead side (kill the Baron) is where I got my "lightsaber" from...

The anti-undead fanatics are secretly being lead by a demon. Watch out for his mind control attack.

Kraggi
2007-07-16, 10:21 PM
EDIT:Agh. I play on US as well...looks like no Horde in the Playground for me...perhaps a US branch of it?

I'm all for it, I'll make a blood elf something named Kraggi right now and if anyone wants to make one(on shattered halls) feel free to PM me.

Vonriel
2007-07-16, 10:34 PM
Hehe, I loved fighting the Baroness. The mage who I squished in one hit, mind you, probably didn't like it so much. :smalltongue: First and last time that character one-shot anyone his level.

The Baron wasn't so bad, but then I was also a paladin.

:smallsigh: I wish I could play WoW again so much.. Even though paladins felt really weak, they were still fun. Plus, there's always the humor in sitting there while a rogue thinks you're an easy target in a game of arathi basin.

Edit: One last thing, I believe you don't actually have to live in Europe to play on the European servers. I believe..

SilverElf4
2007-07-16, 11:35 PM
Siggy and Kraggi,

If you're on US Shattered Halls doin' Blood Elves, I'll join you guys there. Mage, Priest, Hunter, something...

Kraggi
2007-07-16, 11:54 PM
I'm a level 8 BE warlock right now, say when you're on so I can log on and...stuff?

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-17, 08:06 AM
Hehe, I loved fighting the Baroness. The mage who I squished in one hit, mind you, probably didn't like it so much. :smalltongue: First and last time that character one-shot anyone his level.

The Baron wasn't so bad, but then I was also a paladin.

:smallsigh: I wish I could play WoW again so much.. Even though paladins felt really weak, they were still fun. Plus, there's always the humor in sitting there while a rogue thinks you're an easy target in a game of arathi basin.

Edit: One last thing, I believe you don't actually have to live in Europe to play on the European servers. I believe..

Well, there is this option for an "Oceanic" server, but that might not be the same...

Also, ARGH! I NEED 150 GOLD! Anybody know of good places to farm?

Lenlalron
2007-07-17, 08:34 AM
You need to have a european copy of WoW to play on European servers, afaik, and the same applies for the US servers. One of our guild members was a Brit, and he had to import game cards in from the US so he could continue playing with us.

Siggy- good places to farm? What level are you, and what are your professions?

...Eh?
2007-07-17, 11:27 AM
Siggy- good places to farm? What level are you, and what are your professions?

Level 59 Human Paladin with 172 enchanting.

>_> I had his armory link open when I loked in the topic.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-17, 12:16 PM
Pitiful enchanting, I know. Trying to resist continuing to AH-level it, because that'll take out of my epic mount funds...

Lenlalron
2007-07-17, 12:53 PM
Do you have TBC installed or not?

If you do, just do outlands quests, and don't blow money on AH blues. Will get you tons of cash along the levelling. Sell the netherweave you get, as well. DE the greens, and sell the arcane dust (2g a pop on my server).

If not...uh..erm...as a paladin, killing undead in eastern plaguelands might help. Dunno what to say. :(

Kraggi
2007-07-17, 12:55 PM
As a pali, you do get that epic mount quest, which only costs about... 300g, if the prices haven't changed since I did it way back when.

Call Me Siggy
2007-07-17, 01:05 PM
Do you have TBC installed or not?

If you do, just do outlands quests, and don't blow money on AH blues. Will get you tons of cash along the levelling. Sell the netherweave you get, as well. DE the greens, and sell the arcane dust (2g a pop on my server).

If not...uh..erm...as a paladin, killing undead in eastern plaguelands might help. Dunno what to say. :(

EPL has money indeed, but it's...well slow. I've been doing Outlands quests, but equipping the rewards instead of selling. 2-3g repair costs don't help, either...

Kraggi:300g plus several various items. 4 diamonds, if I remember correctly.

Vonriel
2007-07-17, 01:10 PM
I was set up to have an easier time for that quest. My paladin was already a smith/miner, so I didn't actually have to buy much.

The hardest item to get was .. 4 arcanite bars, I think it is. The ones where you have to mine crystals then find someone to transmute them into a bar. :smallsigh: Thankfully, I had like four alchemists in my guild who had their transmutes up. I also got a crapload of Thorium to sell. :smallbiggrin:

Lenlalron
2007-07-17, 01:33 PM
Yeah, the hardest thing will be getting a transmute (although nowadays, it's not as extreme, since transmutes tend not to be the bottleneck as much anymore). Arcane crystals should be dirt cheap.

Dragor
2007-07-17, 03:05 PM
Good luck on the US Shattered Halls guys.... *sheds a tear*

Right, any WoW players in Europe want to start up on the European Shattered Halls? :smalltongue: